Closed Thread
Page 169 of 330 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 9883
    Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RemainDieHard View Post
    Keet - Holy **** man... are you planning on opening up a small hardcore gym business? LOL

In other news... I have twice used my bulk DMAA (1,3 Dimethylamylamine Powder, geranamine). It's a pretty clean and steady energy. No jitters at all, not to powerfull, just nice and steady and long lasting. It does seem to leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Not from the actual product.... more like afterwards and hour later when it kicks in. It's pretty minor though.

LoL. That's actually fewer plates than I had with the Yorks....I've got over 2000lbs of those. I bought 1230lbs of the revolvers, in a pretty decent mix. I'd have rather had a few more 25's, and 5's.....and 2 more 45's. However, that said, I'll be making a few changes to the gym soon, so I may not need much more (I only have so much for convenience and I have or will be reducing some need for multiple areas.). I'm also going to sell most of the Yorks....except for a small set for the garage for outdoor workouts.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Just Getting Started WSMReloaded's Avatar
    WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10) WSMReloaded is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I got some new toys today......gonna sell my York plates. Nothing lasts long in my gym.

Never really felt like I "had" to get a seated calf raise, but they gave it to me for $150 so I said I'd try it out. If I like it, I might get rid of the leveraged squat machine. I won't really need it if I prefer the SCR.

Got everything for $1150 and there were 1230lbs of Ivanko coolness there. Sweet.
    NICE grab! And I thought I had a good week...

In fact it was better than I thought. I just found the brand marking on the dumbbells I picked up this week. Paid $425 for Maxicam 3 tier rack and Ivanko Pro Style DBs 3-60 and 65, 70lb VTX hex. Pics over here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135746141
    Last edited by WSMReloaded; 06-25-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    At this gym, its Jeet Kune Do and Close Quarters Defense Tactics.

I will assume that you know what JKD is.

CQDT is a hybrid system that combines grappling (Jiu-jtsu), joint locking (Hapkido), stick and knife fighting (Kali), and Muay Thai striking. We do a lot of scenario based training as well.
    The creator/founder of CQDT is a black belt in multiple systems and created this to sift through some of the fluff and use the best stuff from each of those arts.

At another gym, when I have time and money, I take BJJ private lessons.

If I recall, you are a Judo guy, right?
    That sound like a really interesting system. Very cool. There's no jeet kun do in my area but I'm familiar with the ideas and would love to try it out at some point. There is a reputable wing chun school in my area and I've taken a few classes there and can definitely appreciate the style.

I did seveal years of Judo, but after a year layoff with a back injury I when I was able to really get moving well again I got involved with a bjj club close to my house. So, now I'm just doing bjj.

Before judo I was doing shokotan for some time, but I really loved grappling once I started that. Practice is just a lot of fun I think.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    @Keetman: Nice plates! The finish still looks good on those from the pics.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    That sound like a really interesting system. Very cool. There's no jeet kun do in my area but I'm familiar with the ideas and would love to try it out at some point. There is a reputable wing chun school in my area and I've taken a few classes there and can definitely appreciate the style.

I did seveal years of Judo, but after a year layoff with a back injury I when I was able to really get moving well again I got involved with a bjj club close to my house. So, now I'm just doing bjj.

Before judo I was doing shokotan for some time, but I really loved grappling once I started that. Practice is just a lot of fun I think.
    Awesome stuff. Yeah, obviously we do a lot of Wing Chun stuff, because that is the basis for the trapping in JKD. In fact, the 2nd guy standing up took true Wing Chung from a pretty famous master years ago....needless to say, he blows me away when we do Chi Sao.

In other news......

I pulled up the carpet and padding and stuff in the office and laid down horse stall mats for my home gym. I am still a little discouraged about the size of the room (I cant add anything else), but am excited to make it a dedicated workout area. At least I dont have to stare at the computer and move my daugfhter's toys everytime I want to do work in there.

Moved the stuff out of the office...

The wife unit helped with the carpet removal..

First 2 stall mats and rower:

Dumbbell rack moved in (although I think I will end up moving over about 2-3 more feet.)

Dry erase board:

Just for fun....my outdoor posterior chain area:
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 06-28-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nice looking gym buff!

so, i'm in a "get new plates" mood. i found new troy vtx plates for .86/lb, and troy "ho" plates for .99/lb. i'm not sure how much shipping will be, but i may be able to pick them up instead of having them shipped. i'm not sure if i should buy these or wait. i'm also unsure if i should buy enough to replace all my plates or just enough to either use in the rack or for my "deadlift area".

vtx:

ho:

i think i like the ho plates better, i've got one (long story), and i like the way it fits on my bar. i have used vtx plates at a gym i used to go to, can't remember much about them though.

anyone have opinions on these plates or if i should hold out for a good deal on used ivankos or yorks?
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have 1000 lbs of the VTX weights and really like them. Problem is that I picked up a set of Ivanko ez-lift plates and I now plan on replacing all the VTXs.
    There is no comparison of the two plates as far as fit goes. The Ivankos just fit perfect on the bar and the VTXs have quite a bit of slop.
    I do plan on keeping one pair of the 45 VTXs as I have hand painted the lettering on them and they have sentimental value...

I don't want to give a bad impression of the VTXs but Ivankos really are in a different league.

Geek
    []---[] Equipment Crew #34 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #1 []---[]

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Evolution of my gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131836863

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First....thanks for the good words on my plates score. They are in great shape and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to be all gushy about how much better they are than my other plates. Yes, they are better....they are more comfortable to hold, they have a better finish, they fit better on the bar, and they look good as well as carry a cool name.

Fact is....I bought them almost entirely because they look really good. The other features (especially since my g2's had grips....are all just gravy. Even the fit is only a minor deal to me. I always use collars and this ended any bother the looser plates gave. In fact, the tighter fit is going to make me have to buy one of those damn rackable trap bars as these plates don't fit on my megabar.... ugh, forced to buy new equipment.

On the seated calf raise...I like it. Its really nice and hits the calfs a little different than the standing raise. I have decided I can do those with either my calf block or on the vertical leg press, so I believe I'm going to sell my Bodysolid Leverage Squat machine. I think for the quality of the Nebula SCR, I got a fantastic deal at $150.

Next....Animal, I have a couple of thoughts on what you're thinking about. My main advice is if you really want the revolvers....just wait it out and we'll find you some eventually. I'm talking about if you really want them. I say this because about a month ago, I almost pulled the trigger on a large purchase of Bodysolid rubber grip plates from the factory at about $1.20 shipped. I liked them better than the g2's and was just going to say screw it....then the ivanko's popped up. That they popped up right after I was going to buy the other's is a coincidence, but I'd still have been pissed if it would've happened a year from now. I'm glad I blinked.

On the other plates you're looking at, I like them both, but I'd swing toward the grip plates. I don't know if you remember or not, but I had about 400lbs of those till I got the York's. I really like them a lot and was actually really wanting to get all of my plates in the VTX fashion, but it didn't work out and I sold them. If I had a whole set of them now, I'm not sure what I'd do when I found the Ivankos...... all I can say is they look good, they have a good finish, and the grips are very comfortable.

Buff.....good job on the gym, congrats. I think its funny that you referred to your better half as the "wife unit".

I bought a set of ironmasters today for $250.

That is all.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)

That is all.

Just thought you would sneak that last part in there, huh?

www.ShankAZombie.com

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Next....Animal, I have a couple of thoughts on what you're thinking about. My main advice is if you really want the revolvers....just wait it out and we'll find you some eventually. I'm talking about if you really want them. I say this because about a month ago, I almost pulled the trigger on a large purchase of Bodysolid rubber grip plates from the factory at about $1.20 shipped. I liked them better than the g2's and was just going to say screw it....then the ivanko's popped up. That they popped up right after I was going to buy the other's is a coincidence, but I'd still have been pissed if it would've happened a year from now. I'm glad I blinked.

On the other plates you're looking at, I like them both, but I'd swing toward the grip plates. I don't know if you remember or not, but I had about 400lbs of those till I got the York's. I really like them a lot and was actually really wanting to get all of my plates in the VTX fashion, but it didn't work out and I sold them. If I had a whole set of them now, I'm not sure what I'd do when I found the Ivankos...... all I can say is they look good, they have a good finish, and the grips are very comfortable.
    i don't really know what i wanna do yet. i have always liked the troy plates, ivankos, and those vintage yorks. i actually got the ok from "the boss" today for new plates- i told her i could sell the ones i'm replacing for almost enough to cover. not that i think i can get $1/lb for mine, just because i have so many more plates than i need i can make up a big chunk of the difference.

Originally Posted by Keetman
    75 or 120? you should sell them to me for $300
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Just thought you would sneak that last part in there, huh?

I've had a pretty good week.

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    i don't really know what i wanna do yet. i have always liked the troy plates, ivankos, and those vintage yorks. i actually got the ok from "the boss" today for new plates- i told her i could sell the ones i'm replacing for almost enough to cover. not that i think i can get $1/lb for mine, just because i have so many more plates than i need i can make up a big chunk of the difference.

Sweet. How much weight are you thinking about getting? I really like those vtx grip plates man. I was very sad to let them go. If you can get all your plates in that model, you'll be happy. The only possible downside to those is they are as sloppy on the hole as most plates, they won't necessarily be "accurate", and they don't have the pretty seven holes in them .

I'd have been happy with them if I'd managed to outfit the whole gym with them, very happy.

75 or 120? you should sell them to me for $300
    They're 75's with the gray stand. Third set I've bought and not one of them has had the thick 22.5lb plates.....ugh.

Man, I'd like to and I'll think about it. Thing is, I'm wanting to have two sets and this is the second set I've got my hands on this year. I sold the other to mensa because he'd been looking for a pair and he did me a huge favor in April. Not that I want you to do me a favor....lol, just saying it seemed like the right thing to do at the time considering.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Sweet. How much weight are you thinking about getting? I really like those vtx grip plates man. I was very sad to let them go. If you can get all your plates in that model, you'll be happy. The only possible downside to those is they are as sloppy on the hole as most plates, they won't necessarily be "accurate", and they don't have the pretty seven holes in them .

I'd have been happy with them if I'd managed to outfit the whole gym with them, very happy.
    i'm looking at about 800. i'll keep my cap 100s, i've got 2 pair of them. i'm the only one who has used them, and not really much. when i got them, the paint wasn't scratched at all in the holes, and the guy said his buddy moved them in and didn't want them. he said he couldn't even lift them to get them out of the garage so he made me a good deal.

i'm not really in a hurry to get new plates, i guess, i just want them. i'll have to think about it a little more, i guess if i miss the "sale", it'll be easier to hold out for ivanko or yorks.

Originally Posted by keetman
    They're 75's with the gray stand. Third set I've bought and not one of them has had the thick 22.5lb plates.....ugh.

Man, I'd like to and I'll think about it. Thing is, I'm wanting to have two sets and this is the second set I've got my hands on this year. I sold the other to mensa because he'd been looking for a pair and he did me a huge favor in April. Not that I want you to do me a favor....lol, just saying it seemed like the right thing to do at the time considering.
    if you're gonna keep them, not really a big deal. if you were gonna flip them i'd be interested. just sayin'.

i'm still thinking about coming down on wednesday, i'll have to see if i can reschedule the kid's dentist appointments if i do. i might have to come down friday morning instead, if that's alright.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey all! Still loving my Ivankos!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RemainDieHard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

ho:

i think i like the ho plates better, i've got one (long story), and i like the way it fits on my bar. i have used vtx plates at a gym i used to go to, can't remember much about them though.

anyone have opinions on these plates or if i should hold out for a good deal on used ivankos or yorks?
    I know I mentioned this before, but those Troy's look just like Ivanko OM or possibly Hamptons. Is it possible that any of those 3 could be identical, but just re-badged?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 21

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know I mentioned this before, but those Troy's look just like Ivanko OM or possibly Hamptons. Is it possible that any of those 3 could be identical, but just re-badged?
    Had the Hamptons and they aren't the same. Don't know about the Troys but I've handled them and they look pretty close to Ivankos but I believe the Troys had a deeper lip. I have the OM's and the guy that was selling them had the Troys for sale also.

i'm looking at about 800. i'll keep my cap 100s, i've got 2 pair of them. i'm the only one who has used them, and not really much. when i got them, the paint wasn't scratched at all in the holes, and the guy said his buddy moved them in and didn't want them. he said he couldn't even lift them to get them out of the garage so he made me a good deal.

i'm not really in a hurry to get new plates, i guess, i just want them. i'll have to think about it a little more, i guess if i miss the "sale", it'll be easier to hold out for ivanko or yorks.

if you're gonna keep them, not really a big deal. if you were gonna flip them i'd be interested. just sayin'.

i'm still thinking about coming down on wednesday, i'll have to see if i can reschedule the kid's dentist appointments if i do. i might have to come down friday morning instead, if that's alright.

I understand about wanting to switch out the plates. I didn't have to buy the yorks to begin with, i just wanted to and had flipped enough to pay for them so I went for it. I doubt I'll be upgrading from here though, unless some ivanko urethanes fall into my lap. I'm not even sure I'll need to increase the amount that I bought. I'd have liked a couple more 45's, 25's, and 5's....but I'll live if I don't get anymore.

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Hey all! Still loving my Ivankos!
    Dude....what hole have you fallen into?

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Dude....what hole have you fallen into?
    I prefer caves. In holes I get claustrophobic.

How's everyone? Anyone missing?! I see Wildtim is a mod now.

well, i've got one of the troy plates and one ivanko (cheaper black one) and they are almost exactly the same. lip is about the same, fit on the bar is about the same. i'm tempted to get them...

Had the Hamptons and they aren't the same. Don't know about the Troys but I've handled them and they look pretty close to Ivankos but I believe the Troys had a deeper lip. I have the OM's and the guy that was selling them had the Troys for sale also.
    holy chit- i was wondering about you. guess i can take you off of my "dump a little liquor for me homies" list

I understand about wanting to switch out the plates. I didn't have to buy the yorks to begin with, i just wanted to and had flipped enough to pay for them so I went for it. I doubt I'll be upgrading from here though, unless some ivanko urethanes fall into my lap. I'm not even sure I'll need to increase the amount that I bought. I'd have liked a couple more 45's, 25's, and 5's....but I'll live if I don't get anymore.
    yea, i have more than enough right now, so i don't really need to either. this all went past need a long time ago! i could just replace the weights i use pretty cheap, sell the extra, and justify it by saying it'll be easier when i move.

i think over half of the crew are either missing or just not posting. i understand life gets busy, i was just missing a while ago.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome back man!

In fact, the tighter fit is going to make me have to buy one of those damn rackable trap bars as these plates don't fit on my megabar.... ugh, forced to buy new equipment.
    I can't remember, but was your mega trap bar the same cap mega bar that I have? Just wondering because my revolvers always fit just fine on that bar for me. But I love the sorinex bar WAY more anyway, so if you have to buy one or a similar bar it's definitely not the end of the world lol.

Nice pickup once again on another IM set, I wish I could find a 2nd set, would be nice to have those additional handles and keep a set for heavy stuff and one for light stuff.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguyheis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those Troy plates look really nice. Says on their site they're discontinued. :/ Doubt I can order them from anywhere in Canada that would already have stock. The black version is similar but not sandblasted I think.
    FYI VTX line of plates are guaranteed to +-4% accuracy, Troy's are +-2%, Hampton +-5%, Ivanko +2% -0%.
    Higher res pic of those troy's attached.
    Attached Images

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fishingeek View Post
    I have 1000 lbs of the VTX weights and really like them. Problem is that I picked up a set of Ivanko ez-lift plates and I now plan on replacing all the VTXs.
    There is no comparison of the two plates as far as fit goes. The Ivankos just fit perfect on the bar and the VTXs have quite a bit of slop.
    I do plan on keeping one pair of the 45 VTXs as I have hand painted the lettering on them and they have sentimental value...

I don't want to give a bad impression of the VTXs but Ivankos really are in a different league.

Geek
    You made those VTX look awesome! I imagine it would be hard to let them go after what you put into them.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #29 []---[]

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

What would you guys charge or pay for chains?

I have 3 sets of chain that are 5 foot long and weigh 30 pounds for each chain (60 pounds for a set) I see some on ebay that are similar for $140 plus $45 shipping and there is a set on Elite for $105 plus $45 for shipping which weigh less and are smaller chain (but these are galvanized. I am not trying to gouge anyone on price, I am just trying to determine what would be fair.

Thanks for any input.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    This guy^^^

I miss his posts...lol.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    This guy^^^

I miss his posts...lol.
    I agree. There are way less e-fights without him here.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) havenoego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, this has to be one of the most useful forums on the entire site. Lots of great information as I set up my home gym!

Learning so much about everything, I'll post a thread once I grab a good deal on a power rack - or I can post in here?
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. -Gautama Buddha

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by havenoego View Post
    I'll post a thread once I grab a good deal on a power rack - or I can post in here?
    There's ample precedent for doing it either way. If you're going to post multiple photos of your rack and/or review it, it'd be better to create your own thread. If you post a photo or two and say something along the lines of "Hey, look what I picked up today", then it could go here or perhaps in the craigslist thread. If you get a rack that's truly unique and hasn't been discussed yet, it could go in the power rack thread.

If I were doing it, I'd probably create a new thread. The advantage of doing it that way is that discussion (of your rack) can occur over a period of time without a lot of other more time limited discussions interspersed.
    Last edited by KBKB; 06-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.

headed to columbus in the morning, stopping in at rogue's store/warehouse/gym to buy a couple things. hope i can get out of there without spending too much money.

keetman: just in case i forget, if you still have that pullup bar that was hanging from your ceiling and aren't using it, i probably want to buy it.

ndmike99: tried to pm you, your box is full. i'll get back with you thursday night (if you can make some room).

Guys, I am loving my new home gym setup. Much more motivation and I like how the stuff is spaced and placed much better now as well.

Today, I am going to pick up my dip station from a friend who borrowed it 2 years ago. Then, all the main equipment will be set. I still need to get about 2 more stall mats for the strips of floor that have yet to be covered (I will have to cut them), but that can wait.

In other news, I FINALLY have an appointment with a knee doctor (July 25). Let me tell you, EVERYTHING regarding dealing with worker's comp has been a nightmare. Not one thing has been simple or worker friendly. It has really been a challenge.

www.ShankAZombie.com

headed to columbus in the morning, stopping in at rogue's store/warehouse/gym to buy a couple things. hope i can get out of there without spending too much money.

keetman: just in case i forget, if you still have that pullup bar that was hanging from your ceiling and aren't using it, i probably want to buy it.

ndmike99: tried to pm you, your box is full. i'll get back with you thursday night (if you can make some room).

Ugh....dude, you seriously need to tell me how much interest you have in anything in my gym. Nothing has a guaranteed spot in it apparently , so I need to know if you want something. I sold that a couple of weeks after I got my Elite rack. That was a great pullup bar, but it was redundant with the monkey bar I got on the new cage. Sorry.

See you in a few hours, although....you're probably on the road already and will be here before you read that.

Guys, I am loving my new home gym setup. Much more motivation and I like how the stuff is spaced and placed much better now as well.

Today, I am going to pick up my dip station from a friend who borrowed it 2 years ago. Then, all the main equipment will be set. I still need to get about 2 more stall mats for the strips of floor that have yet to be covered (I will have to cut them), but that can wait.

In other news, I FINALLY have an appointment with a knee doctor (July 25). Let me tell you, EVERYTHING regarding dealing with worker's comp has been a nightmare. Not one thing has been simple or worker friendly. It has really been a challenge.

Glad the room is working out for you. Too bad the worker's comp is not. My wc story went very good, not sure why other's can't. Do you have to actually deal with the bureau, or do they farm it out? I ask because one of the things that works in our favor is they farm out most of the claims process to a third party. This company is staffed with nurses, physical therapists, and doctors that process claims....they actually have medical training instead of just pushing papers in a gov't building somewhere. Heck, the only snafu I had in my whole process was when I did have to speak to the bureau!

Good luck man.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Closed Thread
Page 169 of 330 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast