Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000)

Q and A with Scot Mendelson

Whatsup guys, I just joined a week ago and had a big misc. thread and the powerlifters redirected me here. Shoot me your questions and I'll do my best to answer every one of them. I will have bench press videos, in depth routines and diet advice for every stage and type of lifter on my website that will be up and running the friday after this one. If anybody is located in the Los Angeles region I also have a gym Mendelson FIT Systems located at 9180 Kelvin St. Chatsworth, CA, 91311. Feel free to drop by and come train with the team!

SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000) SethID is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sweet..i don't remember if you answered this in the misc thread, but whats your general opinion of the incline bench press, do you use it often? and is it as effective as flat bench in strength building.

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Scot, thanks for joining and giving us some of your time.

What do you think are the most important setup/form techniques for shirted benching, generally speaking?

With an open back shirt, what adjustments to the sleeves & shoulders do you like to use?
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000) B.Money is just really nice. (+1000)
    Scot,

Whats your stance on the form differences between raw and shirted benching?
    B.Money's raw @165 log: http://forum.lift.net/topic/2-bmoneys-training-log/

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey scot thanks for sharing and giving back by answering questions.

What movements would you reccomend for off the chest strength? I've built my triceps up and strong, now my sticking point is 0-2" off my chest. I'm a raw lifter.

How do you utilize close grip bench in your training?

thanks,
    Sam
    Recovering fatass

SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SonOfTowelHorn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mr. Mendelson, I currently have a 5rm max of 185 for touch and go benching; however, at my last meet I could only get 175 in a usapl competition style. Is this normal?

Also, would it do me better to progress in a linear fashion (ex, starting strength) or a conjugate style for my bench?

Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000) Scot Mendelson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SethID View Post
    Sweet..i don't remember if you answered this in the misc thread, but whats your general opinion of the incline bench press, do you use it often? and is it as effective as flat bench in strength building.
    Incline press is great to build strength and build upper body mass. I don't do it anymore, I can't risk a rotator cuff injury and it doesn't improve my flat bench like going heavy on board presses does

Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    Hi Scot, thanks for joining and giving us some of your time.

What do you think are the most important setup/form techniques for shirted benching, generally speaking?

With an open back shirt, what adjustments to the sleeves & shoulders do you like to use?
    All of the measurements are custom fit to your body. The arm measurements should be tight. The chest measurements differe according to the amount of weight to touch. You want to have a lot of triceps support. That's why the arms should be so tight

Originally Posted by B.Money View Post
    Scot,

Whats your stance on the form differences between raw and shirted benching?
    Maintaining form in the raw bench press is harder because the lack of support but technique is the same

Originally Posted by samsont View Post
    Hey scot thanks for sharing and giving back by answering questions.

What movements would you reccomend for off the chest strength? I've built my triceps up and strong, now my sticking point is 0-2" off my chest. I'm a raw lifter.

How do you utilize close grip bench in your training?

thanks,
    Sam
    I rarely close grip bench at all. Work on the 1 and 2 board

Originally Posted by SonOfTowelHorn View Post
    Mr. Mendelson, I currently have a 5rm max of 185 for touch and go benching; however, at my last meet I could only get 175 in a usapl competition style. Is this normal?

Also, would it do me better to progress in a linear fashion (ex, starting strength) or a conjugate style for my bench?
    You could do just about any routine and eat and make gains

A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000) A_Hard_Rain is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what would you recommend for hip mobility work?

Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000) Smashiin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    been thinking about a particular routine which is ed coan's bench routine (watched his bench vid from back in the day). but, only problem is i havent lifted heavy in over 2 years on any main lift (cant do squats or deads anymore, scoliosis in the lower back sucks). question is, should i hop on ed's bench routine or go for starting strength instead?

BTW, i will be coming back from a torn labrum after march 13th. a big reason why i'm torn between both these routines.

Registered User Notsostrongnick's Avatar
    Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey scot,
    You probably get this question a lot, but being that you're a big bencher, what can i do to bring my bench up? Benching has always been one of my weak points and would love to increase my bench.

Would you be a gentle giant and critique my PL routines through private messaging?

What are your thoughts on working with bands and/or chains?
    Current Lifts: gym/meet - Squat: 525/501 Bench: 335/325 Deadlift: 560/529 Total:1355 - 165# weight class

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157448623&p=1144934173&posted=1#post1144934173

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

subscribe to my youtube: www.youtube.com/powernick
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗ ╔╝
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯)
    ╚══`LA Misc

Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Scot Mendelson View Post
    Maintaining form in the raw bench press is harder because the lack of support but technique is the same
    So you have the same bar path, grip width, etc. whether you're wearing a shirt or not?

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do u do alot of upper back work to balance out your upper body?
    also do u do any type of cardiovascular training?the reason i ask is i am assuming it takes alot of oxygen to power all the muscle mass u have,and it would seem like u would need to work your lungs to be able to power it all.(just a theory)
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000) likkuid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Scot,

Thank you so much for your offer to help.

I have recently set my bench back a significant amount as I found myself bouncing off my chest. I am trying to completely rid myself of this bad habit yet am having difficult controlling the bar on the descent - what advice do you have regarding bar control?

A video of my form is below, pressing a very embarrassing weight of 3x5x245 which proved moderately difficult. Any other help regarding my form would be very much appreciated. Among other things, I am curious if I have a poor arch and am taking too long between reps.

Finally, I apologize if this is a silly question or something far too general to ask: what type of programming would you advise for someone of a ~315 bench? I only have 1.5 gym days devout to pressing, so I'd like to make the best of it.

Best,
    Kyle
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Many of the world's best bench pressers are former bodybuilders (yourself included). Is there anything power lifters can learn about bench training from bodybuilders?

Also what are your favorite upper back exercises? Do you do any rotator cuff prehab/rehab and if so which exercises do you like best?

Also when you tore your rotator cuff how often did you ice it?
    Last edited by NephilimRising; 12-22-2011 at 01:12 AM.

24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500) 24skiddidle is not very helpful. (-500)
    Scot,

1) How to decrease sharp pains in the shoulder while benching?

2) How to improve leg drive?

3) How to decrease elbow flaring?

4) How to make the bar move in one straight line and not all over the place?

Thank you...

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i used to think you were a huge dick based on what other people in powerlifting said about you, but you own. cheers.

Mustardteeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all thanks for using your time to help.

My question would be if there is a reason why it's so damn hard to increase the weight on the benchpress? I have a weak upperbody anyway but I can't seem to increase the weight even on low weigth.

Ever heard of people that got serious problems to increase the working weigth?

wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My question: Do you promote lifting until failure every session?
    IG: @wheelerx

rageen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

reverse grip bench press

How do you feel about reverse grip bench press

NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000) NeverLifted is just really nice. (+1000)

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    How did you get that rep power with those posts?
    I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive? - Anonymous

1st PL Comp. in 18 years.
    March 24, 2012
    Squat=410
    Bench=325
    Dead=500
    Total=1235

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #13 -!!!---!!!-

Registered User Notsostrongnick's Avatar
    Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notsostrongnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump.
    Current Lifts: gym/meet - Squat: 525/501 Bench: 335/325 Deadlift: 560/529 Total:1355 - 165# weight class

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157448623&p=1144934173&posted=1#post1144934173

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

subscribe to my youtube: www.youtube.com/powernick
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗ ╔╝
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯)
    ╚══`LA Misc

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i am thinking scot does not know how to sub a thread yet

nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Warming up for a meet or max test day

Hi Scot, what's your feelings on % of opener to warm up with on meet day prior to your first lift?
    From what understand its best to do dynamic efforts during warm up rather than heavy?

Let's assume a lifter with a 420 shirted bench, 550 squat w/light gear.

Thanks!

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by john-t-b View Post
    How did you get that rep power with those posts?
    By posting in the Misc first.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Originally Posted by A_Hard_Rain View Post
    what would you recommend for hip mobility work?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...#axzz1hVbbCpLh Great article on hip mobility

Originally Posted by Smashiin View Post
    been thinking about a particular routine which is ed coan's bench routine (watched his bench vid from back in the day). but, only problem is i havent lifted heavy in over 2 years on any main lift (cant do squats or deads anymore, scoliosis in the lower back sucks). question is, should i hop on ed's bench routine or go for starting strength instead?

BTW, i will be coming back from a torn labrum after march 13th. a big reason why i'm torn between both these routines.
    That's a tough question because I have no idea where you stand physically. I would start up with a beginner routine then slowly work your way back up. Preventing injury is so important and jumping into an advanced routine after being stagnet is a great way to reinjure yourself

Originally Posted by Notsostrongnick View Post
    Hey scot,
    You probably get this question a lot, but being that you're a big bencher, what can i do to bring my bench up? Benching has always been one of my weak points and would love to increase my bench.

Would you be a gentle giant and critique my PL routines through private messaging?

What are your thoughts on working with bands and/or chains?
    Bands and chains can be great and are used by a lot of lifters, but I don't incorporate them into my routine. I will have a website up by the end of this week that will have a section for critiquing lifts and show bench routines for every type of lifter

Originally Posted by Colluctor View Post
    So you have the same bar path, grip width, etc. whether you're wearing a shirt or not?
    Bar path is going to be different between the RAW and shirted bench. I can bring the bar lower on my body when I have a shirt on

Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    do u do alot of upper back work to balance out your upper body?
    also do u do any type of cardiovascular training?the reason i ask is i am assuming it takes alot of oxygen to power all the muscle mass u have,and it would seem like u would need to work your lungs to be able to power it all.(just a theory)
    I do pulldowns and bent over rows occasionally. If you are benching like a powerlifter correctly, you are using more back and triceps then pecs so that is not an issue for me. I don't do too much cardio either but occasionally will go bike riding or hit the eliptical.

Originally Posted by likkuid View Post
    Hi Scot,

Thank you so much for your offer to help.

I have recently set my bench back a significant amount as I found myself bouncing off my chest. I am trying to completely rid myself of this bad habit yet am having difficult controlling the bar on the descent - what advice do you have regarding bar control?

A video of my form is below, pressing a very embarrassing weight of 3x5x245 which proved moderately difficult. Any other help regarding my form would be very much appreciated. Among other things, I am curious if I have a poor arch and am taking too long between reps.

Finally, I apologize if this is a silly question or something far too general to ask: what type of programming would you advise for someone of a ~315 bench? I only have 1.5 gym days devout to pressing, so I'd like to make the best of it.

Best,
    Kyle
    Read my routines for advice on benching. In regards to bouncing, many people think this cheating method will up their bench but that is a myth. If you learn the proper way to bench, bouncing is counterproductive. The best way for me to describe it is like an elastic band. When I bench, my back is bound up, triceps are tight and tucked in so when I hit that stick point, my whole body is so activated and bound up that I incorporate leg drive and put more effort towards the triceps and the weight comes up with ease.

Originally Posted by NephilimRising View Post
    Many of the world's best bench pressers are former bodybuilders (yourself included). Is there anything power lifters can learn about bench training from bodybuilders?

Also what are your favorite upper back exercises? Do you do any rotator cuff prehab/rehab and if so which exercises do you like best?

Also when you tore your rotator cuff how often did you ice it?
    There is nothing to learn from bodybuilders bench presses besides how to rip pecs/rotator cups with efficiency. Don't get me wrong, if you are trying to develop your chest that is the way to do it, but I am 42 years old and can't afford a tear. Bent over rows is my favorite back exercise.

Originally Posted by Mustardteeth View Post
    First of all thanks for using your time to help.

My question would be if there is a reason why it's so damn hard to increase the weight on the benchpress? I have a weak upperbody anyway but I can't seem to increase the weight even on low weigth.

Ever heard of people that got serious problems to increase the working weigth?
    It all comes down to technique. You need to learn the proper form and you should have no problem putting on weight if your diet/sleep/and training is on point.

Originally Posted by wheelerx50 View Post
    My question: Do you promote lifting until failure every session?
    Not at all. We lift incredibly hard but you need to be able to get your work sets in. If you go till failure without assistance, that hinders your next work sets.

Originally Posted by rageen8 View Post
    How do you feel about reverse grip bench press
    It sucks
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    Explain please
    Originally Posted by nsurdis View Post
    Hi Scot, what's your feelings on % of opener to warm up with on meet day prior to your first lift?
    From what understand its best to do dynamic efforts during warm up rather than heavy?

Let's assume a lifter with a 420 shirted bench, 550 squat w/light gear.

Thanks!
    I do warmup sets up to around 400 or 500 pounds then go for my lift!

Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Scot Mendelson View Post
    Explain please
    Top right click "thread tools" 3rd option
    For your notification type, I would pick "through my control panel only" cause if you picked email, your inbox will probably explode.
    Then whenever you want to check you just click on "user CP" at the top left and it will tell you if there's a new post
    In "User CP" at the bottom it shows all the threads you've started so far.

My question. Sorry I'm such a noob but if benching correctly means I will use more of my back and triceps instead of pecs does that mean I should be using a closer grip to increase my max?