JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Dynamic Stretching.

How do you perform dynamic stretchs for specific muscle groups, for example the chest or biceps. I still dont understand exctally what dynamic stretching is and how to perform it, can someone please explain.

Thanks.

fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    How do you perform dynamic stretches for specific muscle groups, for example the chest or biceps. I still dont understand exctally what dynamic stretching is and how to perform it, can someone please explain.

Thanks.
    By using the momentum of a movement to bring the stretching about. in other words, you perform a movement on the targeted muscle, that works to increase the flexibility of that muscle in a dynamic manner. Not the same as ballistic stretching, though, so be careful! Ballistic stretching uses the gravity and speed to attain as much instant flexibility as possible. That is the type that causes bouncing, for instance, when you use momentum of speed to touch your toes and bounce up and down.

For chest and biceps, try backward arm swinging, one arm at a time. For biceps, swing arms back and forth at shoulder level, or just the lower portion of the arm swing at moderate speed, with no boucing.
    FitBliss, M.S.

MrBrightside95 is my first-born :)

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    JR,

Check out what I wrote in my last post in the "How do pec tears happen" thread.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitbliss View Post
    By using the momentum of a movement to bring the stretching about. in other words, you perform a movement on the targeted muscle, that works to increase the flexibility of that muscle in a dynamic manner. Not the same as ballistic stretching, though, so be careful! Ballistic stretching uses the gravity and speed to attain as much instant flexibility as possible. That is the type that causes bouncing, for instance, when you use momentum of speed to touch your toes and bounce up and down.

For chest and biceps, try backward arm swinging, one arm at a time. For biceps, swing arms back and forth at shoulder level, or just the lower portion of the arm swing at moderate speed, with no boucing.
    You mean like performing curls, but instead of actually curling as such with the bicep more swing the arm in that motion? Would that be dynamic stretching for the bicep?

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    JR,

Check out what I wrote in my last post in the "How do pec tears happen" thread.
    Yup alredy did thanks for that.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...2ac4760832f3c4

It is type of stretching immediately before ballistic stretching.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000) fitbliss is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

You mean like performing curls, but instead of actually curling as such with the bicep more swing the arm in that motion? Would that be dynamic stretching for the bicep?
    No. The trajectory is met by following the path of placing your right arm from shoulder height in front of you (thumb up), to hand down towards the floor, then swing back to shoulder height (or almost) behind you (again, thumb up). Do the movement one arm at a time, swinging back and forth at moderate speed, controlled movement. Lean forward just a little to allow for more reach, and you will feel your triceps controlling the back up swing, so you don't bounce at the top of you biceps reach. I hope that makes sense . If I remember any other ones, I will send it your way, but the full armswing (like you are swimming backstroke on air), one arm at a time is an excellent stretch to warm up the biceps.

I do ballistic stretching because I know what I can and cannot do. I was a classical ballet dancer for 22 years and taught stretching classes for five years. It is hard to recommend ballistic to someone whom I cannot observe performing the movement. I would hate for you to get hurt. Ballistic stretching when done properly and kept at moderate speed is an excellent way to release tightness before lifting weights. With that being said, you can do the arm swing parallel to the ground. It is a very common stretch and I am sure you have seen it before:

both arms in front of front of you, shoulder height

keeping arms parallel to the ground, swing them towards the back

bring them back forward and quickly cross the right hand on top of the left and then the left on top of the right to pick up momentum and move towards the back again

Don't let it bounce too much and make sure to maintain a slight muscle tone (I call it muscle presence) and relaxation at the same time while doing it. Don't force anything. Just move it at moderate speed smoothly and you will warm up and release tightness in your biceps and shoulder all at the same time.

Hope that helps!
    FitBliss, M.S.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...2ac4760832f3c4

It is type of stretching immediately before ballistic stretching.
    Thanks for the google link, never heard of that site before.

Even after google and before i created this thread i diddnt fully understand properally about dynamic stretching i now have a good idea, but still unclear on how to perform dynamic stretching for the biceps and triceps.

Do you happen to know?

No. The trajectory is met by following the path of placing your right arm from shoulder height in front of you (thumb up), to hand down towards the floor, then swing back to shoulder height (or almost) behind you (again, thumb up). Do the movement one arm at a time, swinging back and forth at moderate speed, controlled movement. Lean forward just a little to allow for more reach, and you will feel your triceps controlling the back up swing, so you don't bounce at the top of you biceps reach. I hope that makes sense . If I remember any other ones, I will send it your way, but the full armswing (like you are swimming backstroke on air), one arm at a time is an excellent stretch to warm up the biceps.
    Yes i now understand exctally what you mean the arm swing, but is that actually dynamic stretching for the biceps and triceps, i dont see how, as they arnt relly involved in the swing as such. I thought the arm swing was more fore chest, shoulders and upper back?
    Last edited by JOSEF RAKICH; 01-17-2010 at 10:56 PM.

How to perform dynamic stretching for biceps and triceps?

Will rep anyone who answers this.

Yes i now understand exctally what you mean the arm swing, but is that actually dynamic stretching for the biceps and triceps, i dont see how, as they arnt relly involved in the swing as such.

I perform that swing for warming up my RC.
    Yes, it can be confusing. Dynamic stretching does not necessarily mean that you have to directly involve the particular muscle you are trying to stretch into the movement through which you are using to stretch it. It is about movements that somehow increase that muscle's range of motion. So in the arm swing, you are stretching the chest, upper back, shoulder and, somewhat, the biceps as well.

There's another dynamic stretch you can use for your biceps. If you are able to, interlace your fingers behind you with your arms stretched. Next, bend forward at the hip at moderate speed (bend your knees a bit), and allow your arms to pick up momentum and lift themselves away from your body. The top of the stretch looks like the linked image. Be careful not to bounce- just keep it smooth.

Here are few more examples of dynamic stretching exercises that might give you a better understanding of the term:

hand-walks
    side-bends
    lunges
    kickbacks
    hip circles
    bent-leg circles
    and more
    Attached Images
    Last edited by fitbliss; 01-17-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    FitBliss, M.S.

Yes, it can be confusing. Dynamic stretching does not necessarily mean that you have to directly involve the particular muscle you are trying to stretch into the movement through which you are using to stretch it. It is about movements that somehow increase that muscle's range of motion. So in the arm swing, you are stretching the chest, upper back, shoulder and, somewhat, the biceps as well.

There's another dynamic stretch you can use for your biceps. If you are able to, interlace your fingers behind you with your arms stretched. Next, bend forward at the hip at moderate speed (bend your knees a bit), and allow your arms to pick up momentum and lift themselves away from your body. The top of the stretch looks like the linked image. Be careful not to bounce- just keep it smooth.

Here are few more examples of dynamic stretching exercises that might give you a better understanding of the term:

hand-walks
    side-bends
    lunges
    kickbacks
    hip circles
    bent-leg circles
    and more
    Thanks alot for the post, i now deffently understand it alot more, thanks for the dynamic bicep stretching as well, would rep again if i could.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~