Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)

30 Day Total Body

Goal:* Attend a wedding in mid February 4 lbs lighter than I am now (weigh in tomorrow but somewhere around 126 lbs).* Since its crunch time I thought I'd do a mini journal to keep me focused although i'll probably ramble on about clothes and makeup.* Ideally I need to lose 7-10 lbs to get me back to where i was before but 4 lbs is realistic given this short amount of time.* I most dislike the tops of my knees right now.* I know it’s a weird body part but that's where I'd like to be lean and mean and jiggle free.

Workout: *I'm following the 30 Day Total Body Plan in the February issue of FitnessRx with Jamie Eason on the cover. It's a 5 day upper and lower body done twice a week and then a total body circuit once a week.** I don't lift as heavy as I used to but I'd like to see some progress in the leg area.* I’m content with my lighter upper body lifts.

Diet:* I'm pretty much eating the same things that are easy to prepare.* I don't mind the monotony for the next couple of weeks.* I try to be strict mon-fri and refrain from eating out or splurging in happy hours so I can save some of that for the weekends. And I try to minimize my carbs at dinner, reserving them mostly for breakfast and lunch.* Cals are around 1400-1500 a day.

Breakfast is always: oatmeal with flaxseed and stevia and two slices of trader joes turkey bacon.* Half a grapefruit if I have time.* On weekends I may whip up an omelet and fruit.

Lunch I rotate between this Omelet Torte With Indian Spices and Grilled Beef with Basil Puree over Tuscan Beans.* If I’m ever in a pickle I’ll have a Trader Joe’s Chili Relleno.

For the omelet I sub 4 eggs plus 3/4 cup egg whites for 8 eggs and only use 1.5 T of oil.* It’s so yummy served with a dollop of greek yogurt and apricot preserves and I’ll usually have a side garden salad. http://www.indian-cook.com/breakfast...an-spices.html

For the grilled sirloin recipe, I only use 1 can of white beans instead of 2 and I double the pesto recipe and then freeze in ice cube trays.* The basil I buy at Trader Joe’s is a lot and I hate to see it go to waste.* And I serve this with a vegetable like broccoli or spinach.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recip...-tuscan-beans/

I’ve recently discovered the Smitten Kitchen site which is supposed to be one of the top food blogs and there are all these recipes I’d like to try.* The photos are amaaaaazing…and it’s so funny you’d think she has one of those gourmet kitchens, but she is able to whip up all these tasty meals in a very small NYC kitchen.*

I’ve already tried this yummy Mediterranean Pepper Salad:* http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/06/me...-pepper-salad/

This pesto potato salad is on my to do list: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/06/pe...h-green-beans/ *

Fashion:These are the Betsy Johnson shoes I bought for the wedding.* I don’t have the dress yet.

And today I scored this jacket from Nordstroms for 50% off!* So cute!* I feel like a grape Grover in it hahaha!

Last edited by bebeklein; 01-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    4 pounds is quite doable.....maybe even get the 6. Good luck
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by orca View Post
    4 pounds is quite doable.....maybe even get the 6. Good luck
    Thanks Kev! I would squeal like a pig if I could make it to six!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Lower Body Workout 1.24.12

1/ Leg Extensions 3x10x50#
    Goal 70, I think that’s what I used to do. Toes pointed inward so I can work on the jiggle free knee tops.

2/ BB Bulgarian Split Squats 3x10x 30#
    Different, usually use DBs and I find it odd my left leg is stronger or maybe that’s the more balanced side of my brain

3/ Walking BB Lunges 3x10eax40#
    Another one I usually do with DBs but a nice change since I don’t have to worry about the weight on my arms and may help me to go heavier.

4/ Angled 45 Leg Press, Narrow Stance 3x10x180# or 170# on machine that starts off at 80#

5/ SLDL 3x10x85#
    I’ve never really gone over 115# on this and it seems like so many women can. But anything higher and I feel it more in my back and I like to keep the focus on my legs so I’m happy with this weight or a slight increase.

6/ Sumo BB Squat 3x10x50#
    Again, usually a DB exercise for me. Good thing I don’t mind looking like a goofball.

7/ Seated Leg Curl 3x10x55#
    Dislike! I prefer the lying kind. I don’t think this machine is made for short people but I’ll keep at it since its part of the program.

8/ BB Glute Bridge off Bench 3x10x40#
    Lie with back on bench and butt hanging over. Lower butt and then press up and hold for 1 second. I used to do 30 reps with this weight. I added this extra glute exercise but the program calls for seated and standing calf raises and I never do calf work since I’m usually running around in 5 inch heels. They’re already too developed and I have problems getting them zipped into boots.

Workout took longer than normal since I went to a different gym and wasn’t familiar with the set up so no time for cardio but I grocery shopped afterwards at record speed. And I indulged in a little mall cardio earlier.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like good goals and a solid plan...best of luck!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Weigh In: 126.5

Girly Warning Below:

Went to Bebe for some wedding dress shopping. Didn’t find one but I tried on this really cute number (much better than the pic). It would be great for work and even pass in the winter with a jacket and tights. I’m going to keep my eye on it and see if it goes on sale & it will give me time to shrink another 8 lbs and I’ll probably be a size down.

Recently discovered Nailasaurus a fabulous nail blog (mouldyfruit is another good one). I’m not really into blingy nails, but some of these designs are great!

Dalmations! Totally adorable but couldn’t pull off at work.

Now this I could do!

New discovery - I use empty altoids tins to carry items I like to have in my purse – like aspirin, other mints (cuz I don’t really like altoids), and stevia. I just discovered that credit cards and other ones from Costco or gift cards, airlines cards, etc fit perfectly in there. Now my wallet overflow will have a home! I shouldn’t be as excited about this as I am, but I am!!!
    Last edited by bebeklein; 01-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Didnt get to gym yesterday for upper body. I accidentally turned wifi on my phone so battery juice was almost dead and I can't work out without music.

Today is supposed to be an off day so I can get to the workout along with some kickboxing.

Sh*t personal trainers say.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Sounds like good goals and a solid plan...best of luck!
    Thanks Hoos! I do like this plan since it has a circuit thrown in on one day!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yay -- glad to see you have a journal! You will definitely meet your goals for the wedding.

Nice job on your lifts! I will move to barbell SLDLs next week to switch things up.

This will make me sound like a chicken, but I don't like doing walking lunges with barbells. I'm always worried I'll waver and fall with it, so I use dumbbells. (bok, bok) I wish I were braver. lol

My calves are like yours. I can't put on a boot in my size at all if it doesn't have a zipper and not made of stretchy fabric stuff.

I love all the clothes! You'll be gorgeous!

Happy Thursday!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Weigh In: 126.5

Girly Warning Below:

Went to Bebe for some wedding dress shopping. Didn’t find one but I tried on this really cute number (much better than the pic). It would be great for work and even pass in the winter with a jacket and tights. I’m going to keep my eye on it and see if it goes on sale & it will give me time to shrink another 8 lbs and I’ll probably be a size down.

Recently discovered Nailasaurus a fabulous nail blog (mouldyfruit is another good one). I’m not really into blingy nails, but some of these designs are great!

New discovery - I use empty altoids tins to carry items I like to have in my purse – like aspirin, other mints (cuz I don’t really like altoids), and stevia. I just discovered that credit cards and other ones from Costco or gift cards, airlines cards, etc fit perfectly in there. Now my wallet overflow will have a home! I shouldn’t be as excited about this as I am, but I am!!!
    Love the dress.

I bought this gorgeous little card case a few months ago and it holds all those "extra" cards I didn't want in my wallet -- frequent buyer cards, Bjs and Costco cards, etc. Made me very happy! So I relate

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1/ Leg Extensions 3x10x50#
    Goal 70, I think that’s what I used to do. Toes pointed inward so I can work on the jiggle free knee tops.

2/ BB Bulgarian Split Squats 3x10x 30#
    Different, usually use DBs and I find it odd my left leg is stronger or maybe that’s the more balanced side of my brain

3/ Walking BB Lunges 3x10eax40#
    Another one I usually do with DBs but a nice change since I don’t have to worry about the weight on my arms and may help me to go heavier.

4/ Angled 45 Leg Press, Narrow Stance 3x10x180# or 170# on machine that starts off at 80#

5/ SLDL 3x10x85#
    I’ve never really gone over 115# on this and it seems like so many women can. But anything higher and I feel it more in my back and I like to keep the focus on my legs so I’m happy with this weight or a slight increase.

6/ Sumo BB Squat 3x10x50#
    Again, usually a DB exercise for me. Good thing I don’t mind looking like a goofball.

7/ Seated Leg Curl 3x10x55#
    Dislike! I prefer the lying kind. I don’t think this machine is made for short people but I’ll keep at it since its part of the program.

8/ BB Glute Bridge off Bench 3x10x40#
    Lie with back on bench and butt hanging over. Lower butt and then press up and hold for 1 second. I used to do 30 reps with this weight. I added this extra glute exercise but the program calls for seated and standing calf raises and I never do calf work since I’m usually running around in 5 inch heels. They’re already too developed and I have problems getting them zipped into boots.

Workout took longer than normal since I went to a different gym and wasn’t familiar with the set up so no time for cardio but I grocery shopped afterwards at record speed. And I indulged in a little mall cardio earlier.

NIce work. Impressive with the BB lunges
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

Originally Posted by Hibiscus09 View Post
    Yay -- glad to see you have a journal! You will definitely meet your goals for the wedding.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Nice job on your lifts! I will move to barbell SLDLs next week to switch things up.
    I can't do DB SLDLs. It just feels awkward... Single leg DB SLDLs are worse.

This will make me sound like a chicken, but I don't like doing walking lunges with barbells. I'm always worried I'll waver and fall with it, so I use dumbbells. (bok, bok) I wish I were braver. lol
    Only concern I have is the wide load coming through i save my fear of falling for the Bulgarian split squats

My calves are like yours. I can't put on a boot in my size at all if it doesn't have a zipper and not made of stretchy fabric stuff.
    I'm all to familiar with the pleather boots. I have had some luck with real leather and the nine west brand tho

I love all the clothes! You'll be gorgeous
    You're fabulous! And great for my ego
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Originally Posted by ChocoChick View Post
    Love the dress.

I bought this gorgeous little card case a few months ago and it holds all those "extra" cards I didn't want in my wallet -- frequent buyer cards, Bjs and Costco cards, etc. Made me very happy! So I relate
    Thank you! It's nice when even the small things in life can tickle our pickle!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

NIce work. Impressive with the BB lunges
    Thanks! Just trying to keep up with Hibby
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Snacks

These are my snacks that I keep in m car get me through the day without having to pick up fast food or stop for a sit down meal.

Almond Snack Pack from Trader Joes and Rasin Snack Pack which I store in a small makeup bag - These are great because portion control is built-in!

Bars...All are at around 200 cals, with 20-25gC and sugar 10g or so or even less:
    Kashi Pumpkin Spice & Flax Granola Bar - 6g protein and only .50 and can be stored in my car year round. They don't exactly curb my hunger but I know I can get through a gym workout without getting the shakes, or if I've been shopping at the mall for several hours, I can munch on them on the way home. They are a little messy tho since they crumble easily.
    Cliff Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel Bar - a little more protein @ 9g and about $1 ea but they actually satisfy my hunger. In the summer I have to carry them in my purse though otherwise they get too gooey. They taste great and I'm not even a PB fan.
    Think Thin Chocolate Fudge Bar - I use this more as a meal replacement since it has about 20g of protein and 230 cals. Costs more at about $1.70 and I actually feel full after eating. I aslo carry these in my purse in the summer or I would have a total meltdown in the car.

I throw all of the above in a small sephora bag in my car.

In the winter, I can also keep Bananas andApples in the car!

At work, I might keep keep an apple and mozzarella slice or lite cheddar stick, or a hard boiled egg, or premade yogurt type of smoothie in the fridge which I can easily eat on the way home.

And if I'm on the go a Starbucks Non Fat Latte is always a good choice!

It would be nice to add to this list - especially items higher in protein/lower in carbs...but I haven't come up with anything yet that's quite this portable.
    Attached Images
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks delicious! I used to eat those Kashi bars alot. I think I liked one that was honey almond or something like that.

Happy Monday!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kashi has a dark chocolate espressor bar that is decent; low sugar and nothing weird in it. I tried one of those Think Thin bars and thought I would never stop chewing. Tasted like dirt.

I bring homemade trail mix when I am on the go. Almonds, walnuts, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, dates and raisins. Yum!!

These are my snacks that I keep in m car get me through the day without having to pick up fast food or stop for a sit down meal.

Almond Snack Pack from Trader Joes and Rasin Snack Pack which I store in a small makeup bag - These are great because portion control is built-in!

Bars...All are at around 200 cals, with 20-25gC and sugar 10g or so or even less:
    Kashi Pumpkin Spice & Flax Granola Bar - 6g protein and only .50 and can be stored in my car year round. They don't exactly curb my hunger but I know I can get through a gym workout without getting the shakes, or if I've been shopping at the mall for several hours, I can munch on them on the way home. They are a little messy tho since they crumble easily.
    Cliff Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel Bar - a little more protein @ 9g and about $1 ea but they actually satisfy my hunger. In the summer I have to carry them in my purse though otherwise they get too gooey. They taste great and I'm not even a PB fan.
    Think Thin Chocolate Fudge Bar - I use this more as a meal replacement since it has about 20g of protein and 230 cals. Costs more at about $1.70 and I actually feel full after eating. I aslo carry these in my purse in the summer or I would have a total meltdown in the car.

I throw all of the above in a small sephora bag in my car.

In the winter, I can also keep Bananas andApples in the car!

At work, I might keep keep an apple and mozzarella slice or lite cheddar stick, or a hard boiled egg, or premade yogurt type of smoothie in the fridge which I can easily eat on the way home.

And if I'm on the go a Starbucks Non Fat Latte is always a good choice!

It would be nice to add to this list - especially items higher in protein/lower in carbs...but I haven't come up with anything yet that's quite this portable.

Now I'm hungry again.
    Kevin

Jim Rohn

p.s. What about keeping some protein powder in a shaker bottle? Then you can just add water when you are ready to drink it?

Looks delicious! I used to eat those Kashi bars alot. I think I liked one that was honey almond or something like that.

Happy Monday!
    I used to be addicted to them and would mindlessly eat them in the car. So for a while I had to store them in the trunk where it's not so easy access. I'm recovered now though

Kashi has a dark chocolate espressor bar that is decent; low sugar and nothing weird in it. I tried one of those Think Thin bars and thought I would never stop chewing. Tasted like dirt.

I bring homemade trail mix when I am on the go. Almonds, walnuts, pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, dates and raisins. Yum!!
    I think I tried the dark chocolate bar once and I might revisit it. I love the pumpkin spice but I end up making a crumbly mess in the car.

I hear you on the think thin. I had to try all of them and settled on the chocolate fudge one which I think tastes pretty close to the real thing. Is there a protein bar that you like? I'm not into a lot of artificial type stuff.

I once bought a premade trail mix which included little chocolate chips. I divided the whole bag into 100 cal portions and wrapped em up in aluminum foil balls. But I wasn't using them for the right reasons. I found myself breaking into them late at night in order to satisfy my chocolate cravings. I even put them on the top shelf where I had to stand on a stool.

Now I'm hungry again.
    Eat up!

p.s. What about keeping some protein powder in a shaker bottle? Then you can just add water when you are ready to drink it?
    I've only tried the Jay Robb protein powder and I liked it with milk....sort of recall gagging on it w/water. Is there a protein powder you love?

Once tried Muscle Milk powder and yuck face
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Thursday, January 26: Upper Body

Upper Body Makeup Workout (Missed on Wednesday)

Disclaimer: I'm not big on upper body workouts (literally hahah). I don't try to go for a lot of weight. I treat them like a circuit with very little rest. I shoot for time instead of weight. But my #s did look pretty poor on that free motion cable thingy

Also, normally I'd do some type of cardio in between sets just to save time (lunges, burpees, jumping jacks, jumping rope, squat kicks, etc), but I didn't this workout since I was going to my beloved kickbox class after.

Also I did the last two ab exercises during the rest time of the previous two exercises . Just something I like to do to save a little gym time.

Finally, I don't think I've used a Free Motion type of cable machine - ones with the arms - since 2007 and even then I think I was doing deadlifts, so I had to figure out the setup and then I struggled to get it to rotate in/out until I looked down and saw gas peddles. If it were up to me I wouldn't use the arm cable machine. I'd just use the other kind of cables and regular machines. But, the pics in the magazine used em so I'll comply

1/ Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x10x15#

2A/ EZ Bar or BB Skull Crushers ~ss~ 3x10x20#
    2B/ EZ Bar or BB Narrow Grip Bench Press 3x10x20#
    I did BB....only cuz EZ Bar didn't come in this size 20# was a little too light but 30# was too much, 25# would be ideal but that weight didn't exist at this particular gym.

3/ DB Lateral Raise 3x10x10#

4/ Free Motion Cable Chest Flyes 3x10x10#

5/ Free Motion Rear Delt Cable Flyes 3x10x7.5# and then dropped to 5# on last set
    Can it get any worse? Yes

6/ Free Motion Wide Grip Lat Pulldown3x10x20#
    Probably a tad too light and I swear my weight is better on the other type of cable machine

7/ Free Motion Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown 3x10x20#

8/ Standing Alternating DB Curls 3x10x15#

9/ Bicycle Crunches 3x25
    Done in between sets for exercise 7

10/ Basic Crunches 3x25
    Done in between sets for exercise 8

Afterwards, 1 hour of turbo kickbox. I absolutely love this class!

I needed both workouts, since I was meeting up with girlfriends later that evening for drinks/dinner. We ended up ordering pizza - spinach and cheese kind, thin crust - which is about as good as it gets for pizza. I did ok and kept it to 2 1/2 slices. Also had about 2 1/2 glasses of champagne with a little freshly squeezed orange juice from oranges plucked right out of the backyard....yummy! I know pizza and champagne don't necessarily go together, but the combo worked for me.

Also got my nails done - OPI I Don't Give a Jacque. I needed to give my I'm Not Really a Waitress red a break.

While at the salon I found this picture of Rosie Huntington Whitley in one of the magazines. I love the look and need to figure out a way to steal it and make it mine. A tank dress won't work on my body type but I think it's the monotone scheme that does it for me. And I love the new trend with the larger clutches since they hold so much more and you can actually store your phone in them! That's a Michael Kors clutch btw. Gorgeous!!! Wonder if I could get my fat a$$ calves into those boots

Last edited by bebeklein; 01-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

cable machines are funky...on one I may do 100 and on another a can't do 50 for the same exercise. I never really pay too much attention to how much I can do on them, nice job on the workout....love the extra hour of kick boxing.

I also love to be able to walk out back and pick my own oranges.....really nice.
    Kevin

Jim Rohn

cable machines are funky...on one I may do 100 and on another a can't do 50 for the same exercise. I never really pay too much attention to how much I can do on them, nice job on the workout....love the extra hour of kick boxing.

I also love to be able to walk out back and pick my own oranges.....really nice.
    Yes, I've since been to a different gym w/a diff machine and my numbers were wildly different. That one particular piece of equipment wasn't very good for my ego tho. It's belongs in the same category as that mirror that makes you look bigger than you are.

They're actually my neighbors oranges which grow into our yard...they also have grapefruit too....and they are just as juicy and yummy. Plus, a grapefruit is like a $1 at the store so that's an added bonus. We actually have a lemon tree in our yard.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Love the olive nail polish. I don't have that color, but I have "I'm Not Really a Waitress" -- love it! I just bought two new Butter spring colors and like them a lot. I also LOVE that clutch and dress. I finally broke down and bought a Michael Kors purse this past fall and Brian gave me another for Christmas.

Nice job on your workout! You did great!! I think those fast moving circuit workouts are tough as heck.

I prefer the ego boosting cable machines. My current gym has a double pulley cable and they say a person can do half their normal weight on it. It proved to be true. I stay away from that sucker.

An hour of turbo kickbox sounds kick butt.

Happy Wednesday!! I love your fashion posts/photos!!

Friday, January 27: Full Body Circuit

This workout sucked and I'll tell you why in a minute:

Full Body Circuit
    1/ DB Squat Wide stance/to Shoulder Press 15x15#
    2/ DB Lateral Raise with Alternating Lunges 15x8#
    I did 16....no uneven legs for me ...
    3/ SLDL with BB Row 15x40#
    4/ Glute Bridge on Floor with DB Chest Press 15x15#
    5/ Bench Dips with Bench Crunches/Tucks 15
    6/ EZ Bar or BB 21s 21x20#
    7/ Girly Pushups/Bring One Leg to Chest and Back Out 10
    This program originally called for Decline Pushups on a Stability Ball w/an Ab Tuck. And although I've done these before, those keeeeeeeeeeel my abs which isn't something I want right now so I came up with this workaround that takes it down a knotch or two
    8/ 1 min Jump Rope
    Repeat Circuit

Cons:
    - The setup takes almost as long as the workout. Sometimes, it's great having a short workout (especially on a Friday), but next time I'll add in another round.
    - To keep from pulling out all kinds of equipment I used 15# which was heavy for # 1 but not #4
    - Chest presses while lying on the ground don't give you a full range of motion. Next time I'll try doing # 4 from a stability ball instead of the floor. I think the glute bridge might feel better on the ball as well.
    - #5 was also an awkward setup. You do a dip then you put your butt on a bench and tuck your knees to your chest and then back out. Then take your butt off the bench and go back to a dip. It's a choppy movement and you never get a flow going. Next time I'll just do 15 dips consecutively followed by 15 knee tucks. That might also up the difficulty factor.
    - Overall I felt this workout was light (with the exception of the first 2 exercses and that horrible ab tuck thingy). It scores 5 out of 10 on the difficulty scale and I like me a sweatier workout than this one offers.

Everything deserves a second chance tho, so I'll give it one more try with those 3 changes. But I may end up subbing it for either this JNL Dale Fuerte workout below or a circuit I just saw in the Oxygen issue which honestly, I'm dying to try! It looks like a heart pounder.

Now what I like about this JNL fuerte workout is.... it's full body so it's keeping the original intention of the program I'm following, I can do it with weights I have at home so no gym required, and it's only 20 minutes which works out well for me on a Friday, but if I want a longer one then I can always add in another round.

So that's the entire 30 Day Knockout Total Body Workout and now I have all 3 workouts under my belt.

Here is the Calendar
    Week 1: Upper, Lower, Rest/Off, Upper, Lower, Circuit, Rest/Off
    Week 2: Lower, Upper, Rest/Off, Lower Upper, Circuit, Rest/Off
    (Repeat till Week 5)

Sidenote: I finished this workout at 9pm so the gym was pretty empty which meant it was a perfect time for me to try out the exercise in the vid below. Not all of my gyms have the glute machine and this is a great workaround and in my lower body workout I do extra glute work instead of calves. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what machine was used so I hopped around from the leg extension, to the seated leg curl to the lying leg curl machines getting down on the floor on all fours and trying them out. It's the lying leg curl (of course last one).. 70# was too much for me and 30# too light.....50# was just right ) I didn't bother with a mat tho. But I was very happy with my new discovery.

Other News: I caught Molly Sims on the cover of the January Shape magazine. Fabulous bikini/colors and I like to see relatively "older" women by industry standards every now and then. Don't we all? Well, at least she is close to my age...I believe she is 38 and I must say she looks great!

I read the article and the take-away for me was her tip on dining out which I do a lot of and it gets me into trouble. She asks for a small salad (dressing on side) first thing when she sits down before she even orders off the menu. I think this would work well for me since I often get caught up in that bread basket which I'd prefer not to even have sitting at the table but not everyone shares this sentiment

Last edited by bebeklein; 02-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Love the olive nail polish. I don't have that color, but I have "I'm Not Really a Waitress" -- love it! I just bought two new Butter spring colors and like them a lot. I also LOVE that clutch and dress. I finally broke down and bought a Michael Kors purse this past fall and Brian gave me another for Christmas.
    Thanks Hibby. I discovered Jacque in 2011 so it's relatively new for me. I needed another dark color in my rotation since I only have 3 others - waitress, lincoln park after dark, and essie wicked.

I've never tried Butter but I'd love to. What colors do you have? I've seen some fabulous ones in that line!

I received this Kors purse this Christmas (my first) and I get so many compliments on the bag.....including men. Ostrich seems to be very popular right now. Which ones do you have?

Then a couple of weeks ago I discovered they came out with matching wedges for spring...you know what that means

Thanks for all the kuddos!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Saturday, January 27th

40 minutes of Turbokickbox class (I was 15 min late to my 60 minute clas). While stretching I was reading Kevin/Orca’s journal and thinking about how consistent he wasw/getting in cardio that I decided to add a 15 min step session to get in my full hour or so workout and I was glad I did.

Since I was eating out that evening, I just had one meal before (brunch)…this Open Faced Egg Sandwich which I think Bobby Flay created for Health magazine. It’s sort of my go to recipe on the weekend because it’s yummy and so easy to make and satisfies my cravings for a sandwich but w/only half the bread. I make 4 servings of the sauce at once and store it in a jar in the fridge for later. I use my regular bread, nothing special, and I buy the non-nitrate ham from Trader Joe’s and either use spinach or mixed greens…I’m not even sure if I know what frisee is. Sometimes I grill the bread in the George Foreman but it’s also good just toasted in the toaster.

http://www.health.com/health/recipe/...117888,00.html

For dinner and I thought I made a pretty good menu selection – grilled chicken and a side of warm red cabbage with goat cheese - while he ate ribs. I also took over his couscous dish which I knew he wouldn’t like, but it was absolutely delicious. Great thing about this restaurant is they don’t have bread baskets or supersize servings.

I’m not even a cabbage person but the dish was so good I scoured the internet and found a dupe recipe below which I can’t wait to make. I would also love to recreate the couscous side too.

We also split a bottle of wine, so that was 2 glasses, and then I had a post-meal glass….his idea not mine.

But it gets worse…… we later met up with some friends at a lounge (which was not planned) and I either had 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 glasses of wine. So in all I had around 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 glasses of wine which was more than I needed. But I totally ignored the lounge food so gold star for me. I did have a small cup of French onion soup when I got home since I needed to soak up the wine.

Random: I spent Saturday morning putting together 3 weeks worth of work outfits. I hate waking up feeling like “I just wore that last week” or “Ugggg…..I have nothing to wear!” Each day I’m taking pictures on my phone & assigning the outfit pics numbers. After three weeks of wearing these outfits, I’m going to start all over at 1 and I don’t have to think about what I’m going to wear until I have come up withoutfits for summer!!!! Technically I could probably add in another week but I only had space in my closet to line up 3 weeks at a time. My boyfriend initially laughed at this project believing this was entirely too OCD but he’s seen how well it’s working for me and wants to try this system out too!

Warm Red Cabbage with Goat Cheese Dupe:
    Use: 1/2 red cabbage very thinly sliced
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp olive oil
    1/3 cup dry red wine
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp or more good quality dijon mustard
    lots of salt and pepper to taste
    serve with dollops of fresh goat cheese

-heat the veg oil and add the minced garlic, cook slowly until lightly browned
    -add all the cabbage at once, and mix well, lower the heat and continue mixing for a few mins
    -add-olive oil, wine, balsamic vinegar, mustard and salt (start with 1 tsp)
    -mix very well and taste, add salt and pepper to correct
    -cover with a lid and braise for about 20 mins over med-low heat, stirring occasionally
    -remove lid and continue to cook over low until most of wine is evaporated
    -it should be a beautiful dark purple and have a bit of a bite too it, similar to al dente pasta. Add parmesan and stir until all cheese is melted, this should thicken it beautifully. Correct seasoning and serve hot with a crumble of goat cheese on top.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Sunday, January 28th

No gym, but will make up for it tomorrow.

Had turkey spaghetti for dinner over at a friend’s house. Like Saturday, I only had 1 meal prior since I knew this would count as a splurge. I kept my portion small and had an itty bitty slice of the garlic bread along with 2 1/2 glasses of wine. So for the week I’m at 9 1/2 – 10 1/2 glasses of wine…a tad too much…but that’s why I’m trying to get out only twice a week… this week it was 3 times…technically 4 cuz Saturday counts double!!

However, I was introduced to an amazing Shredded Salsa Chicken crock-pot recipe that was yummy and so simple. Take about 3 frozen chicken breasts, throw into crockpot & cover with salsa and cook 8 hours. It’ fully seasoned (no salt required) and shredded at the end and she served it with crackers and it made for a really great snack/appetizer. I was thinking instead of crackers I could put it in one of my Trader Joe’s tortillas & add some shredded cheese. However, my first attempt at the recipe didn’t work out – I used too little sauce – the meat needs to be covered and I think her Pace sauce was more flavorful. I also used thighs instead of breasts, and I think breasts would be better. Can’t wait for a take two on this recipe that almost makes itself!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Thanks Hibby. I discovered Jacque in 2011 so it's relatively new for me. I needed another dark color in my rotation since I only have 3 others - waitress, lincoln park after dark, and essie wicked.

I've never tried Butter but I'd love to. What colors do you have? I've seen some fabulous ones in that line!

I received this Kors purse this Christmas (my first) and I get so many compliments on the bag.....including men. Ostrich seems to be very popular right now. Which ones do you have?

Then a couple of weeks ago I discovered they came out with matching wedges for spring...you know what that means

Thanks for all the kuddos!
    Love the handbag and the wedges are really cute! I say go for it!

So far, I have Trout Pout and Bossy Boots:

http://www.butterlondon.com/catalog/...012-collection

I like them both. I'm wearing Bossy Boots right now.

I can't find an image of my handbag, but this is my travel tote I received for Christmas:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...l&tid=46543555

40 minutes of Turbokickbox class (I was 15 min late to my 60 minute clas). While stretching I was reading Kevin/Orca’s journal and thinking about how consistent he wasw/getting in cardio that I decided to add a 15 min step session to get in my full hour or so workout and I was glad I did.

Since I was eating out that evening, I just had one meal before (brunch)…this Open Faced Egg Sandwich which I think Bobby Flay created for Health magazine. It’s sort of my go to recipe on the weekend because it’s yummy and so easy to make and satisfies my cravings for a sandwich but w/only half the bread. I make 4 servings of the sauce at once and store it in a jar in the fridge for later. I use my regular bread, nothing special, and I buy the non-nitrate ham from Trader Joe’s and either use spinach or mixed greens…I’m not even sure if I know what frisee is. Sometimes I grill the bread in the George Foreman but it’s also good just toasted in the toaster.

http://www.health.com/health/recipe/...117888,00.html

For dinner and I thought I made a pretty good menu selection – grilled chicken and a side of warm red cabbage with goat cheese - while he ate ribs. I also took over his couscous dish which I knew he wouldn’t like, but it was absolutely delicious. Great thing about this restaurant is they don’t have bread baskets or supersize servings.

I’m not even a cabbage person but the dish was so good I scoured the internet and found a dupe recipe below which I can’t wait to make. I would also love to recreate the couscous side too.

We also split a bottle of wine, so that was 2 glasses, and then I had a post-meal glass….his idea not mine.

But it gets worse…… we later met up with some friends at a lounge (which was not planned) and I either had 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 glasses of wine. So in all I had around 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 glasses of wine which was more than I needed. But I totally ignored the lounge food so gold star for me. I did have a small cup of French onion soup when I got home since I needed to soak up the wine.

Random: I spent Saturday morning putting together 3 weeks worth of work outfits. I hate waking up feeling like “I just wore that last week” or “Ugggg…..I have nothing to wear!” Each day I’m taking pictures on my phone & assigning the outfit pics numbers. After three weeks of wearing these outfits, I’m going to start all over at 1 and I don’t have to think about what I’m going to wear until I have come up withoutfits for summer!!!! Technically I could probably add in another week but I only had space in my closet to line up 3 weeks at a time. My boyfriend initially laughed at this project believing this was entirely too OCD but he’s seen how well it’s working for me and wants to try this system out too!

Warm Red Cabbage with Goat Cheese Dupe:
    Use: 1/2 red cabbage very thinly sliced
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp olive oil
    1/3 cup dry red wine
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp or more good quality dijon mustard
    lots of salt and pepper to taste
    serve with dollops of fresh goat cheese

-heat the veg oil and add the minced garlic, cook slowly until lightly browned
    -add all the cabbage at once, and mix well, lower the heat and continue mixing for a few mins
    -add-olive oil, wine, balsamic vinegar, mustard and salt (start with 1 tsp)
    -mix very well and taste, add salt and pepper to correct
    -cover with a lid and braise for about 20 mins over med-low heat, stirring occasionally
    -remove lid and continue to cook over low until most of wine is evaporated
    -it should be a beautiful dark purple and have a bit of a bite too it, similar to al dente pasta. Add parmesan and stir until all cheese is melted, this should thicken it beautifully. Correct seasoning and serve hot with a crumble of goat cheese on top.

That looks delicious!

Now, I'm wanting wine!

No gym, but will make up for it tomorrow.

Had turkey spaghetti for dinner over at a friend’s house. Like Saturday, I only had 1 meal prior since I knew this would count as a splurge. I kept my portion small and had an itty bitty slice of the garlic bread along with 2 1/2 glasses of wine. So for the week I’m at 9 1/2 – 10 1/2 glasses of wine…a tad too much…but that’s why I’m trying to get out only twice a week… this week it was 3 times…technically 4 cuz Saturday counts double!!

However, I was introduced to an amazing Shredded Salsa Chicken crock-pot recipe that was yummy and so simple. Take about 3 frozen chicken breasts, throw into crockpot & cover with salsa and cook 8 hours. It’ fully seasoned (no salt required) and shredded at the end and she served it with crackers and it made for a really great snack/appetizer. I was thinking instead of crackers I could put it in one of my Trader Joe’s tortillas & add some shredded cheese. However, my first attempt at the recipe didn’t work out – I used too little sauce – the meat needs to be covered and I think her Pace sauce was more flavorful. I also used thighs instead of breasts, and I think breasts would be better. Can’t wait for a take two on this recipe that almost makes itself!
    Again, sounds delicious and I want wine. lol

Have you heard of the site skinnytaste.com? They have some pretty cool recipes. Your post made me think of it because this is a good recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/c...n-425-pts.html

Yum.

Happy Monday!

So far, I have Trout Pout and Bossy Boots
    Those were my two picks out of that collection too!

I can't find an image of my handbag, but this is my travel tote I received for Christmas
    Super cute! Travel totes are so handy and multi purposeful... Is that a word??

Have you heard of the site skinnytaste.com? They have some pretty cool recipes. Your post made me think of it because this is a good recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/c...n-425-pts.html
    Thank you! No never heard of that site but that dish looks delish and reminded me of this bowl thing I used to order at chipotle. Im going to try it! I'm obsessed with crockpot recipes now! Who doesn't want to come home to dinner already ready?!??
    Last edited by bebeklein; 02-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS