Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000) Naix is a name known to all. (+5000)

Torn Wrist Ligament, safe exercises?

I'm going for an MRI soon but my ortho thinks it's a torn ligament. It's not horrible, but making a fist with my thumb inside and bending my wrist inwards (pinky to wrist) hurts like a motherfcker.

I was trying to think of exercises that wouldn't irritate it further. Legs won't be a problem but I was looking to do a few other body parts as well. Anyone have experience with this or should I just let it rest?
    Last edited by Naix; 01-16-2010 at 03:30 PM.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rest, ice if it helps, FISH OIL for anti-inflammatory, self massage to the muscles nearby to increase blood flow for healing. MOre sleep, proper diet

Basically, gotta rest and let it heal up.

You can do whatever else workouts as long as yo don't aggravate it.

neha30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

torn wrist ligament

Mild wrist sprains can usually be treated at home with the RICE protocol.

R Rest the joint for at least 48 hours.
    I Ice the injury to reduce swelling.
    Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Use an ice pack or wrap a towel around the ice or a package of frozen vegetables. Apply ice for about 20 minutes at a time.
    C Compress the swelling with an elastic bandage.
    E Elevate the injury above the level of the heart.

Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    I'm going for an MRI soon but my ortho thinks it's a torn ligament. It's not horrible, but making a fist with my thumb inside and bending my wrist inwards (pinky to wrist) hurts like a motherfcker.

I was trying to think of exercises that wouldn't irritate it further. Legs won't be a problem but I was looking to do a few other body parts as well. Anyone have experience with this or should I just let it rest?