philc21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any side effects from too much BCAA's

Is there anything bad that can occur from taking too many BCAA's or will they just simple flush out when they are not used.

JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes, it will make u freakishly HUGE.

Haha, actually i'm not really sure if there are any bad sideaffects if u take it with alotta water. Someone back me up on this.
    Non-Rep Coalition? "Bias Free Since 2003"

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe an upset stomach? That's about the worst I could think of.

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i thought i remember reading somewhere that creating a huge imbalance of BCAA's in comparison to other amino acids can cause depression. i think someone posted that on AM. however, i have never noticed this or seen others report this problem. i would consider BCAA's one of the safer supplements for sure.

The Next Jason Voorhees Da Main Man's Avatar
    Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da Main Man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bodybuilder45
    i thought i remember reading somewhere that creating a huge imbalance of BCAA's in comparison to other amino acids can cause depression. i think someone posted that on AM. however, i have never noticed this or seen others report this problem. i would consider BCAA's one of the safer supplements for sure.
    yeah i remember seeing that somewhere, phosphatebond may have mentioned an imbalance with phenylananine (sp?)
    Tell your Girlfriend i said thanks....

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only if you have Maple Syrup Urine disease. No, I 'm not screwing around and it is a real disease

"Maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) is an aminoacidopathy secondary to an enzyme defect in the catabolic pathway of the branched-chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Accumulation of these 3 amino acids and their corresponding keto acids leads to encephalopathy and progressive neurodegeneration in the infant who is not treated for MSUD. Early diagnosis and dietary intervention prevent complications and may allow for normal intellectual development. "

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1368.htm
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bodybuilder45
    That's right. It wasn't me that started the thread, but I've know that BCAA competes with other "aromatic" type aminos for entry into the brain. In the case of non-exercising folks this can lead to lowered amounts of dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and histamine inside the brain.

In the case of lowered dopamine this could lead to increased Prolactin release (which would lower testosterone among other things)

Its just something to keep in mind when taking this stuff. If you are exercising heavily enough this won't happen and you may even get a little energy boost from correcting the deficiency.

Still I never liked the idea of BCAAs for bulking too much. Mainly because BCAA build up is more likely in this scenario.

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i still like to use bcaa when i first wake up and during/after a workout... i usually keep a water bottle with bcaa in it next to my bed incase i wake up i can savezzzzz my muscles........

excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10) excalibur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Phosphate bond
    That's right. It wasn't me that started the thread,

Still I never liked the idea of BCAAs for bulking too much. Mainly because BCAA build up is more likely in this scenario.
    can you tell more about the bcaa build up? what does that mean?

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    J. Nutr. 135:1531S-1538S, June 2005
    Brain Amino Acid Requirements and Toxicity: The Example of Leucine

Glutamic acid is an important excitatory neurotransmitter of the brain. Two key goals of brain amino acid handling are to maintain a very low intrasynaptic concentration of glutamic acid and also to provide the system with precursors from which to synthesize glutamate. The intrasynaptic glutamate level must be kept low to maximize the signal-to-noise ratio upon the release of glutamate from nerve terminals and to minimize the risk of excitotoxicity consequent to excessive glutamatergic stimulation of susceptible neurons. The brain must also provide neurons with a constant supply of glutamate, which both neurons and glia robustly oxidize. The branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), particularly leucine, play an important role in this regard. Leucine enters the brain from the blood more rapidly than any other amino acid. Astrocytes, which are in close approximation to brain capillaries, probably are the initial site of metabolism of leucine. A mitochondrial branched-chain aminotransferase is very active in these cells. Indeed, from 30 to 50% of all -amino groups of brain glutamate and glutamine are derived from leucine alone. Astrocytes release the cognate ketoacid [-ketoisocaproate (KIC)] to neurons, which have a cytosolic branched-chain aminotransferase that reaminates the KIC to leucine, in the process consuming glutamate and providing a mechanism for the "buffering" of glutamate if concentrations become excessive. In maple syrup urine disease, or a congenital deficiency of branched-chain ketoacid dehydrogenase, the brain concentration of KIC and other branched-chain ketoacids can increase 10- to 20-fold. This leads to a depletion of glutamate and a consequent reduction in the concentration of brain glutamine, aspartate, alanine, and other amino acids. The result is a compromise of energy metabolism because of a failure of the malate–aspartate shuttle and a diminished rate of protein synthesis.
    Further reading if anyone wants to know BCAA effect on the brain.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to bump an old thread but this was the most recent relating to this issue.... I just have a question/issue if anyone can answer this... I know there isnt alot of strong research or evidence about this phenomenon but...

If mega dosing bcaas can theoretically lead to imbalanaces in aa ratios responsible for mood function (ie decreased tryptophan), then could supplementing with whey (which contains tryptophan) counter this?

Or does it need to be in free form?

Im just concerned since I am seeking anti depressant therapy at the moment.

Thanx
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    Sorry to bump an old thread but this was the most recent relating to this issue.... I just have a question/issue if anyone can answer this... I know there isnt alot of strong research or evidence about this phenomenon but...

If mega dosing bcaas can theoretically lead to imbalanaces in aa ratios responsible for mood function (ie decreased tryptophan), then could supplementing with whey (which contains tryptophan) counter this?

Or does it need to be in free form?

Im just concerned since I am seeking anti depressant therapy at the moment.

Thanx
    Yes..........if you are getting enough whole protein sources with a full AA profile including a full EAA profile (including tryptophan which all EAA supplements lack) than you should be ok.

Heretic....

jmd8806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd8806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd8806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd8806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    they give me gas like no other, that plus protein equals some pretty lethal farts... Sorry bout em'

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmd8806 View Post
    they give me gas like no other, that plus protein equals some pretty lethal farts... Sorry bout em'
    nice bump to post content
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

lowest scum of the boards PicoSlim's Avatar
    PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100) PicoSlim is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    nice bump to post content
    ...waited 2 years to get in just the right fart joke. It was a huge win.

NikateenFiend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikateenFiend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NikateenFiend has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Originally Posted by PicoSlim View Post
    ...waited 2 years to get in just the right fart joke. It was a huge win.
    Lmfao that's great