TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

Anybody else have or has had lordosis?

I have it atm it makes my ass look huge and my abs stick out (looks like a mini gh gut lol)

I guess your supposed to cure lordosis by doing:

Leg Curls
    Working abs (I never train abs and it came back to haunt me)
    Hip Stretches
    Lower Back Stretches
    Glute Bridges

But i was wondering if anybody has actually been successful here of curing lordosis? I hope i can get rid of it within a 6 months to a year.

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    n e one?

mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what is lordosis
    ~~~2011 Mens First place winner of the ERGOGENIX QBM Transformation Challenge~~~
    ^^^^^EXTREME PULL-UPS CREW^^^^^30 Reps Crew^^^
    Marathon time = 03:26:32 - average pace 07:53
    Half Iron Man - 6hrs 14 min ( with no training )
    LeadMan 125k - 8hrs 21mins

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The spine has a natural lordosis - so everyone with a healthy spine and posture will have lordosis. I assume you mean excessive lordosis i.e. anterior pelvic tilt or posterior pelvic tilt, and if so then yes I have had it.

Originally Posted by NIguy View Post
    The spine has a natural lordosis - so everyone with a healthy spine and posture will have lordosis. I assume you mean excessive lordosis i.e. anterior pelvic tilt or posterior pelvic tilt, and if so then yes I have had it.
    Yes i have excessive lordosis. How did you get rid of it?

NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000) NIguy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bare with me one minute mate, I am compiling things for you here, dont want to get them wrong. My memory fades me somewhat

Bare with me one minute mate, I am compiling things for you here, dont want to get them wrong. My memory fades me somewhat
    No problem man.

Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Yes i have excessive lordosis. How did you get rid of it?
    Ok, it is likely that your lordosis is a result of muscular imbalances, some muscles are stronger than they should be and others are weaker which pulls your pelvis out of line. This picture shows what your problem is and which regions are to blame;

i.e. those muscles that pull/push the pelvis into anterior lordiotic tilt are strong/tight - lower back, quads, hipflexors. Whilst those muscles that pull/push the pelvis back are weak/loose - hamstrings, (glutes sometimes although not in my case), and the abdominals.

What you need to do - regularly
    ...stretch those muscles that are strong/tight to make them longer, and strengthen those muscles that are weak/loose to make them stronger and tighter. If the muscles that control pelvis alignment are properly/evenly developed they will pull the pelvis into a neutral position. You should be stretching the strong/tight muscles whilst strengthening the weak/loose ones in conjunction for maximum benefit.

In summary
    You need to loosen;
    -hip flexors; (hip flexor stretch, bird dog stretch)
    -quads; easy to stretch, pull your leg back
    -back/erectors; tricky one, you don't want to stretch it too much, maybe lay off exercises that specifically target this area, change squat style to a High bar if need be.

You need to strengthen;
    -transverse abdominal; provides support for the lower back - you need to strengthen these (planks, vacuums - you must contract your pelvic floor muscle during these exercises for maximum effect)
    -Hamstrings - Isolation exercises, hamstring curl etc to tighten them.

A MUST READ;
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._force_couples

Further resources;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...pr03/howto.cfm
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Posture.html
    Last edited by NIguy; 08-22-2010 at 09:03 AM.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good post^^^^^^^^^^^^many have excess lordosis but other then the above not much you can do to lesson the curve it';s just your makeup.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Good post^^^^^^^^^^^^many have excess lordosis but other then the above not much you can do to lesson the curve it';s just your makeup.
    Thanks, and cheers for the reps!

Ok, it is likely that your lordosis is a result of muscular imbalances, some muscles are stronger than they should be and others are weaker which pulls your pelvis out of line. This picture shows what your problem is and which regions are to blame;

i.e. those muscles that pull/push the pelvis into anterior lordiotic tilt are strong/tight - lower back, quads, hipflexors. Whilst those muscles that pull/push the pelvis back are weak/loose - hamstrings, (glutes sometimes although not in my case), and the abdominals.

...stretch those muscles that are strong/tight to make them longer, and strengthen those muscles that are weak/loose to make them stronger and tighter. If the muscles that control pelvis alignment are properly/evenly developed they will pull the pelvis into a neutral position. You should be stretching the strong/tight muscles whilst strengthening the weak/loose ones in conjunction for maximum benefit.

In summary
    You need to loosen;
    -back/erectors; tricky one, you don't want to stretch it too much, maybe lay off exercises that specifically target this area, change squat style to a High bar if need be.

You need to strengthen;
    -transverse abdominal; provides support for the lower back - you need to strengthen these (planks, vacuums - you must contract your pelvic floor muscle during these exercises for maximum effect)
    -Hamstring are lose - Isolation exercises, hamstring curl etc to tighten them.

A MUST READ;
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._force_couples

Further resources;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...pr03/howto.cfm
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Posture.html

Awesome post man. The crazy thing is that everything you said in that post is exactly right in my situation.

I never directly train hamstrings or abs, i also have a very strong lower back from dead lifts.

I guess this teaches people that you should probably train abs. I haven't had excessive lordosis my whole life. Only after i played video games for 4 years all day every day on my computer.

Also Instead of doing regular dead lifts (only feel them in lower back) i will start doing SLDL's or Romanian DL's

Thank you so much m8. Reps.

ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000) ultralars is just really nice. (+1000)

In summary
    You need to loosen;

You need to strengthen;
    -Hamstrings - Isolation exercises, hamstring curl etc to tighten them.
    can i still do normal deadlifts and squats?

This is my workout program, please advice what i should cut out or what exercise i should ad in order to get rid of lordosis

Workout A

Bench press Barbell

Squats

Shoulder Press Barbell

Bent over row Barbell

Supination Curls Dumbbells

shrugs

standing calf raise

weighted crunches

Workout B

Deadlift

Pull ups

Incline Bench Press Dumbbell

leg curl machine

Flyes(cable, flat bench)

cable pushdowns

machine side twist

sorry for being a bother, but this has been troubling me for a very long time.

Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris@UGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    I have it atm it makes my ass look huge and my abs stick out (looks like a mini gh gut lol)

I guess your supposed to cure lordosis by doing:

Leg Curls
    Working abs (I never train abs and it came back to haunt me)
    Hip Stretches
    Lower Back Stretches
    Glute Bridges

But i was wondering if anybody has actually been successful here of curing lordosis? I hope i can get rid of it within a 6 months to a year.
    The exercises you listed are correct. Basically, your pelvis is in an anterior tilt. You want to strengthen your abdominals and hamstrings and lengthen your hip flexors and spinal erectors. This will help decrease the tilt.
    6'3"
    4/20/07 ~ 224lbs ~ 24+% BF
    7/20/07 ~ 203lbs ~ 14% BF
    9/11/07 ~ 221lbs ~ 20% BF
    12/11/07 ~ 196lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/20/08 ~ 212lbs ~ 18% BF
    4/1/08 ~ 200lbs ~ 11% BF
    7/17/08 ~ 232lbs ~ 18% BF
    11/10/08 ~ 208lbs ~ 12% BF
    1/1/09 ~ 217lbs ~ 16% BF
    7/1/09 ~ 206lbs ~ 12% BF
    7/29/10 ~ 240lbs ~ 18% BF

Originally Posted by ultralars View Post
    can i still do normal deadlifts and squats?

This is my workout program, please advice what i should cut out or what exercise i should ad in order to get rid of lordosis

Workout A

Bench press Barbell

Squats

Shoulder Press Barbell

Bent over row Barbell

shrugs

standing calf raise

weighted crunches

Workout B

Deadlift

Pull ups

leg curl machine

Flyes(cable, flat bench)

cable pushdowns

machine side twist

sorry for being a bother, but this has been troubling me for a very long time.
    Essentially what you are looking for from all posture correction exercises/routines is ones that fixes the problems associated with a defective posture. So you must choose;
    -exercises correctly
    -perform them in a way that will help (NOT enforce) you posture problems
    -weight your routine so that you bring up affected areas

It isn't as simple as doing the 'right exercises' whats also important is that you the way in which you perform those movements which will contribute to how balanced your routine is when it is all said and done. Squats for instance is one such movement that, depending on how it is executed, can either be extremely hip dominant (low bar, somewhat of a lean forward) or more balanced by incorporating the legs more effectively (high bar, upright posture). A low bar squat which loads up the lower back is probably not going to helpful when you try to correct your posture, but a high bar squat which loads the legs more will allow you to keep squatting.

Workout A

Bench press Barbell
    Squats (High bar squat imo is best here to unload the lower back)
    Shoulder Press Barbell
    Bent over row Barbell
    Leg curl
    crunches - get form on these
    planks
    stretches

Workout B

Deadlift - I personnally dropped these from my routine, should be ok provided you can work the hamstrings hard
    Pull ups
    leg curl machine
    cable pushdowns
    crunches - get form on these
    planks
    stretches
    You need more exercises to target those weak areas, weighted crunches are not enough alone, and if performed without contraction of the pelvic floor muscle will be useless. You also need to do planks to work the transversus abdominis. Leg curls, planks and stretches I recommend you include everyday until it starts to get better.