illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tired of the same old BodyBuilding foods?

Any advanced trainer knows that a sound nutrition plan is as important, if not more important, then any other aspect of their training. There are a variety of different types of diets but the constant in all these diets is protein. In my eyes as in many others, more is better when it comes to protein. You’ll never hear that someone got fat from eating to much protein. If you are training hard several days a week you need at LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound. If you are doing intense cardio or participating in a sport you may need to add even more protein. In my experience I’ve found that the more protein I eat the stronger and fuller I get. Carbohydrates and fats make up the rest of the nutrition equation. Depending on whether you are bulking or cutting will determine the amount of each that you will eat. Most people, including myself, find that reducing carbs allows you to “cut up” quicker and adding carbs will help during your bulking phase. This article however is not about diets, there are enough of them written by much more qualified people, no this article is about the food its self.
    I cant decide which is worse some days, the last set of deep high-rep squats, or choking down a can of dry tuna and eggs whites post workout. I came to the conclusion about a year ago, that if I was going to stick with bodybuilding, I needed to enjoy eating the proper foods. If you can make healthy foods taste good, eating them will not be that difficult. With some experimenting I’ve been able to come up with some easy ways to spice up typical bodybuilding food, while still keeping them healthy.
    First lets start with breakfast, after 8 hours without food your body is craving nutrients and you are craving something that tastes good. My favorite breakfast meal is an egg white burrito. It’s very simple to make and taste great. Here is what you will need: 6 eggs, 2-3 slices of turkey bacon or turkey sausage, whole wheat burrito, fat free cheese, hot sauce, pepper, and some onion. Ok now that you have all the ingredients your ready to go:
    Step 1: cook 6 whites in pan, with peppers and onions and put bacon in microwave (1 minutes a slice) – “tip” add peppers before eggs, they cook a little slower!
    Step 2: Warm burrito in microwave or toaster (toaster will make it a little crispier)
    3: When eggs whites are almost cooked, add cheese (put in bowl).
    4: dice up bacon and add to bowl
    5: Cover in hot sauce and mix together. (Obviously the more you add the hotter it will be)
    6: Put eggs on burrito and fold it up. Add ketchup or salsa and enjoy.
    Approximately: Carbs- 30 Protein- 40 Fat- 3-5
    Not to hard to make but a nice change to you regular plate of egg whites.

If you don’t like eggs here is another breakfast choice you might like. These are protein pancakes; this is more of a favorite when I’m bulking because it is higher in calories, carbs, and fat. Here is when you need: 1 cup low fat bisquick, 2 egg whites, ½ cup skim milk, 2 scoops of protein powder, peanut butter. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (you may need to add more milk or some water to thin the mixture out) Heat up a large pan and cover with Pam. Mold the mixture into several large pancakes and cook till crispy. You can cover the finished pancakes with honey and or cut up fruit (bananas and strawberries are great).
    Approximately: Carbs- 55-60 Protein- 50 Fat- 15 (with peanut butter)

Well there are two easy and very good recipes to spice up your breakfast, I’m going to continue writing articles with different ideas, I’ll cover lunch, dinner, snacks, protein shakes, as well as low carb ideas. If anyone has any good recipes email them to me and ill include them (of course I’ll give you credit for the recipe).

JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like those two recipes! Keep up the good work bro, I'm tryin that burrito tommarow
    An athlete has to go through hell to get to heaven~Vince Lomardi

Current Weight: 225
    Chest: 47 inches
    Waist: 37 Inches
    Neck: 17 inches
    Arms: 16.5 inches

Goals:
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Waist:32 inches
    Chest: 48 inches
    Body Fat: 12%

rucksack44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by illustrious540 View Post
    If you are training hard several days a week you need at LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound.
    I've seen this rule before, and it always sets me wondering: this is one gram of protein per pound of lean muscle mass, right?

I don't need a gram of protein for every pound of FAT I'm regrettably still carrying, right?
    “Never, never, never, never give up.” -- Winston Churchill

"Rule #1: Cardio" -- Zombieland

King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Madness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    does something happen to the whey protein when it is heated that makes it ineffective? btw nice ideas if I get some money I'll get some turkey sausage and those tortillas.
    Sig line can't be a novel

postal_dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) postal_dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) postal_dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) postal_dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is an old thread :/...

It's 1:1 of lean body mass.

legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) legalgear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is an old thread but it doe have some good information still.

Making the Perfect Muscle-Omelet
    By Scott Conroy

If I took my cooking advice from most bodybuilders, I would have left the sport a long time ago. Now, don’t get me wrong, I choke down my fair share of bland foods when it’s necessary, but rarely is that the case anymore.

I still dabble here and there with other meals, but breakfast is something I’ve mastered, and the foundation of that meal to me, is the omelet.

This is my recipe for the PERFECT muscle-omelet:

Ingredients:

3-4 Omega 3 enriched eggs (Cage-free or Free-range preferred; organic)

I know, I used to hate spending the extra couple of dollars on these eggs, but honestly, they’re far superior to the $1.25/dozen white eggs you normally buy. The protein is of a higher quality, the eggs come from a clean source, and the higher omega-3 content is very beneficial to all-around health. Plus, I’ve never found one piece of bird crap on these kinds of eggs. – Go ahead; buy those cheap white eggs you want to get. When you see a brown spec on one, scratch and sniff.

4-cheese Mexican blend

I don’t know quite what I like more; Mexican cheese or Mexican women…I think the cheese. It lasts longer, and doesn’t scream at me. Oh snap!

Ham steak

Pigs are cute, but they are cuter in my stomach.

Green/Red Peppers

Delicious, and adds color if nothing else.

Sweet onion

Not a white onion or purple onion, but the yellowish one.

Butter

Not margarine. Not butter substitute. Not lard, but REAL butter. Organic butter is the best. – Don’t you dare ask me if you can use that non-stick cooking spray garbage.

Salt

I’ve played with all kinds of salt; sea salt, iodized salt, non-iodized. Just get regular salt and save yourself the hassle.

Pepper

It’s nice to have a black pepper grinder, but obviously it’s not a big deal if you don’t.

Milk

Whatever you drink will work. Don’t get any special kind for this. If you don’t drink milk, you can skip this part.

8-10in non-stick pan

This is where the masterpiece is created.

Large mixing bowl

This is for the entire ingredient mixture. Make sure it’s large enough for you to beat the heck out of your eggs and not deal with spills.

Small bowl

To set your preliminary ingredients in.

Fork

This is for beating and aerating the eggs. – Some people choose to use a whisk; to them I say “Good Day.”

Rubber spatula

I wish I could better explain what this looks like. You know those pancake spatulas most people use? – Ya, don’t use one of those. You will look stupid, especially in front of me. You don’t want to look stupid, do you? – On a more serious note, the pliability of a rubber spatula allows you to not only flip the omelet butter, but it allows you to scrape the corner of the pan to get at an egg that has run-amuck.

Chopper/Dicer/Mincer

You know that Slap Chop thing with Vince? Ya, one of those. There are all different kinds, but I actually do have the Slap Chop. What can I say? I enjoy Vince’s nuts.

Chef Knife

You don’t have to go out and get a $100 chef-knife. Just make sure you have something with a sharp blade or else this will take a painfully long time.

Cutting board

To do your chopping and cutting on.

Making the Muscle Omelet

1. Gather your red and green peppers and sweet onion. Grab your knife and cut enough of each for the meal. I usually dice up all of it and throw it in some Tupperware and just use it over the next few days, but it’s all up to you. – Now, take what you’ve cut and dice it with your chopper. Gather it and throw it in the small bowl.

2. Take your ham steak and cut it in half. This should be about 4oz of meat. Now, cut that into smaller pieces so you can fit it in the chopper. Dice the meat until it looks like tiny squares. Toss that in the same small bowl as your peppers and onion.

3. Crack your eggs on the side of the large bowl and pull apart the shells with your thumbs. If you can do it with one hand without getting shells in the bowl then you’re a jerk and I don’t like you. – Okay, I’m just jealous.

4. Turn on the stove to medium, set your pan.

5. Grab your fork and beat those eggs like you’ve never beat anything before. – You think I’m joking. Beating the eggs to a messy, gooey pulp makes all the difference. DO NOT stir the eggs, BEAT them. Flick your wrest back and forth; sort of like you’re dealing cards, just a lot faster.

6. Toss a teaspoon of butter in the pan and swirl it around with the spatula.

7. Give your eggs one last quick beating session. Toss the preliminary ingredients (peppers, onions, and ham), as well as a splash or two of milk into your egg bowl and beat for about 15 seconds. Dump all the ingredients in the pan. At this point it should be slightly sizzling, but not much.

8. Let the egg mixture sit for about a minute and a half. Toss in a generous amount of cheese. Add salt and pepper.

9. Peek under the egg with the spatula. It should be fully cooked.

10. Fold the omelet over and let it cook for another 20 seconds or so.

11. The omelet should easily slide off the pan and onto your plate.

12. Enjoy.

It will probably take a few practice runs to get it just right, but it will be well worth it. Learn to enjoy your mornings the best you can. Being able to make a delicious breakfast over a cup of coffee is something I take great pleasure in and I hope you learn to as well.

Some other general articles you might like:

Beta Alanine

Citrulline Malate

Furazadrol

Trenadrol

Mass Tabs

best prohormone supplements

UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i eat at maintenance cals. thats all that matters

kirupa66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kirupa66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kirupa66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rucksack44 View Post
    I've seen this rule before, and it always sets me wondering: this is one gram of protein per pound of lean muscle mass, right?

I don't need a gram of protein for every pound of FAT I'm regrettably still carrying, right?
    yeah, its in relation to lean body mass. I never really look at protein intake to much, just make sure to get a lot of it during the day and piss out whatever my body doesnt use..organization has never been a strong point for me

armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10) armyworrell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wish I could make my own food, just have to eat what the chowhall has here. **** it, it's free.
    "If you are losing weight, you are going backwards in life."

Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds yummy

TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TelochDeOiad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gotta love me some omelet. Nice recipe legalgear!

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by UsainBoltz View Post
    i eat at maintenance cals. thats all that matters
    If you want to maintain, then yes. If you want to either bulk or cut, then no, you need to find a way to either eat more or less, while getting all the nutrients your body needs.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

sneakerfresh9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice will try tmmrw for lunch

Ladislau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

****nabolic Muscle Maximizer

toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100) toperfectbody is not very well liked. (-100)
    4 Foods That Are a Must to Build Muscle

No matter what your goal is, building muscle, weight loss or weight gain or just general health improvement, there is no better way to have success than to have a good fitness program and eating the right foods.
    You body is a machine and if you feed it with potato chips and beer it will run just like a gas car that has a tank of fuel with water in it, it will run but not very good and in the long run do more damage than you can imagine. Just like a car, your body will run on lot's of stuff, but will only run at its peak when fed the nutrients. It is amazing how the body will react when you add the right foods especially before, during and after a workout for building muscle.
    Like most things in life, the easy path is not always the best path, like eating those processed foods. Foods that have been genetically altered or processed using heat and then packaged for ease is not good for your body. You body craves good foods and will crave much less if not processed. Most processed food do not satisfy your bodies requirements and you end up eating mor of them just to fool the body into thinking you are full and don't need anymore! Eating the right foods at the right times will help your body get what it needs, so the cravings go away and helps keep the right nutrients in your muscles to help them build quickly. So, what is the right food you ask?
    Eggs, One of the best sources of protein on the planet are eggs, yes eggs. Eggs loaded with minerals and vitamins, and are packed with riboflavin, folate, vitamines like B-6, B-12, D, and E along with iron, phosphorus and zinc. Eggs are a natural wonder when it comes to a complete package and especially for the muscle builder.
    Beef, its whats for dinner and of course any muscle-building program! Beef loaded with iron, creatine and zinc, all of which are crucial for muscle-building. Eating extra lean cuts of beef will give your muscles the food they need to re-build after a great work-out. Finding natural beef products can be a bit hard, but well worth it. Beef with a natural label will be grain fed with no antibiotics or hormone treatments, so look for those cuts that say "natural", it will be a better cut of beef and better for you.

Salmon, another great protein that is swimming with omega-3 fatty acids, "omega-3" can help slow down the muscle-protein breakdown after a work-out improve the recovery time.This is real important as you need to store new protein faster than the body breaks down the old stuff and salmon is the perfect food for this.

Nuts, and especially almonds. Almonds are a wonder nut, they have the uncanny ability to add alpha-tocopherol vitamin E which is the best type to maximize absorption. This is important to your muscles as vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that can help prevent free-radical damage after a heavy work-out. A couple handfuls a day is all you really need to get all the goodness of almonds.

Water, now, I know what you are thinking, water is not a food! Well, it may not be a direct food, but no food will work for you without water. Muscle is about 80 percent water. As little as 1 percent change in body water can impair exercise performance and adversely affect recovery. Think of it this way, for every pound you shed during a work-out, drink 24 ounces.

Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nando5944 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    def gotta try those

Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Abed5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have to try this

PaulS2B has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys! Well I have this same problem except about 1 year ago, I had triangle shape! Very skinny in my back so my hips were wider... This year I've just been working crazy on my back and shoulders and sometimes chest... So now I got a wider back but now it's hourglass shaped so my abs and waist are kind of thin! I wanna that really good v shape.. Is that normal ? Or am I the only one? How can I get that V shape?

SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SirLiftington has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PaulS2B View Post
    Hey guys! Well I have this same problem except about 1 year ago, I had triangle shape! Very skinny in my back so my hips were wider... This year I've just been working crazy on my back and shoulders and sometimes chest... So now I got a wider back but now it's hourglass shaped so my abs and waist are kind of thin! I wanna that really good v shape.. Is that normal ? Or am I the only one? How can I get that V shape?
    why you revive this old thread??? why you revive old thread about bodybuilding foods and leave comment about physique and appearance??? i detect no sense