insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to get more defined abs?

Hey! So the title says it all, I'm scouting for advice on how to build up more ab deifnition. I'm alright with the diet part, but I'm sure by mixing exercises up from what I'd usually do will definitely improve results.
    I'd love to hear your input, experiences, workouts you do etc to get better looking abs
    Would die for Roody12 ❤️
    Learnt all social interactions from the Sims crew
    How to win friends and influence people crew
    '98 Honda Prelude Vti-R crew

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At your age and height/weight, tbh, it's really more a matter of growing muscle over time and then losing the fat to show it off. At 16, you are still developing, so overall you will have a more 'lankier' appearance and if you are consistent in training/nutrition, they will grow. I think a lot of us had a similar stomach at your age, and it comes with time/consistency. There's no real specific training you can do aside from a proper basic routine and time. Good luck

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To build your ab muscles you can work them just like any other muscle to make them bigger. Sit ups, weighted sit ups, leg raises, oblique exercises, compound lifts- squats, deads, standing overhead press, etc. Just know that if you increase the size of your abs, you'll increase the measurement of your waist and that's something you'll have to be okay with. Then, you'll have to shed the fat over them to actually see them.

But like Sonti said you're still developing, give your body some time and just work hard. They'll come

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) insight97 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    At your age and height/weight, tbh, it's really more a matter of growing muscle over time and then losing the fat to show it off. At 16, you are still developing, so overall you will have a more 'lankier' appearance and if you are consistent in training/nutrition, they will grow. I think a lot of us had a similar stomach at your age, and it comes with time/consistency. There's no real specific training you can do aside from a proper basic routine and time. Good luck
    Didn't even think to consistent* age, and how they'll develop in time with confidant training/nutrition etc. Thanks again
    Last edited by insight97; 02-01-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Typo*
    Would die for Roody12 ❤️

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    To build your ab muscles you can work them just like any other muscle to make them bigger. Sit ups, weighted sit ups, leg raises, oblique exercises, compound lifts- squats, deads, standing overhead press, etc. Just know that if you increase the size of your abs, you'll increase the measurement of your waist and that's something you'll have to be okay with. Then, you'll have to shed the fat over them to actually see them.

But like Sonti said you're still developing, give your body some time and just work hard. They'll come
    Yeah actually, that's true as well about gaining around the waist - yet again, something I didn't consider too much xD with the exercises, I know theres a huge debate around crunches, jw would you consider them worthwhile?
    Would die for Roody12 ❤️

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by insight97 View Post
    Yeah actually, that's true as well about gaining around the waist - yet again, something I didn't consider too much xD with the exercises, I know theres a huge debate around crunches, jw would you consider them worthwhile?
    I don't think they're worthwhile for building the muscle, they might be worthwhile for strengthening your core, depending on how strong your core is to begin with. I built up my abs doing weighted things:

Weighted decline sit ups- hold a plate or a barbell on your chest and sit up.
    Weighted obliques- hold a plate or barbell in one arm and dip to the side then get back up.
    Weighted leg raises- get on the leg raise thingy, hold a barbell between your feet, raise your legs.

Now I don't do weighted anything. I do ball pass, incline situps, and leg raises on occasion just to keep my core strength. But I don't do them often or consistently because I have pretty good core strength from squats, deads, and overhead press.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

I don't think they're worthwhile for building the muscle, they might be worthwhile for strengthening your core, depending on how strong your core is to begin with. I built up my abs doing weighted things:

Weighted obliques- hold a plate or barbell in one arm and dip to the side then get back up.
    Weighted leg raises- get on the leg raise thingy, hold a barbell between your feet, raise your legs.

Now I don't do weighted anything. I do ball pass, incline situps, and leg raises on occasion just to keep my core strength. But I don't do them often or consistently because I have pretty good core strength from squats, deads, and overhead press.
    Ah yeah great, I'll try working more weight exercises like those into what I do.
    Would die for Roody12 ❤️

Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000)

^^^ this. shesdead on. You gotta weight train your abs along with consistent wt training w/ basic compound exercises to build the solid, defined abs you're looking for.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    ISSA CPT
    NPC Competitor

********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.