Deflect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Gaining Mass/Working Out (Too Skinny)

Hi, I've come here to ask how I can make my scrawny body into a muscular/slim/cut look.

I am 19 years old, I weigh 150 lbs. and I'm 6 feet tall. My arms are very small and I would say it would be the hardest for me to work out. I'm pretty tired of being scrawny and I want to have a nice body when I go out to the beach, etc. But I want to do things right, I want to eat right, work out right , and just do everything the right way, not half ass. So I come here to ask for the advice of experienced body builders.

What would I need to create a good mass gaining diet for my weight and height? I'm willing to go buy the supplements and foods I need, to achieve this mass gaining diet. It's very hard for me to eat, I don't eat much, maybe 2-3 meals a day and sometimes I can go a whole day without eating. It's very hard for me to gain mass.

I understand that for beginnings, you need to lift heavy and do about 6-8 reps on the core body parts. What are the workouts I need and can I do them all with dumbbells. I feel that working out at home will be better because of less distraction and simply because I don't really want to go to the gym every other day.

At what weight should I start not worrying about gaining mass, but toning and cutting my body to have a nice sculpted look. Do I set a goal? How does that work.

For now, those are all the questions I have, I have so many, I'd love for people to get into detail on what workouts I should do and what to eat to gain mass.

I'll post some pictures of my body just for the lols.

Just to let you know, I really know nothing about body building, dieting or posing, so yea. I'm a newbie.
    Attached Images

greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Deflect View Post
    Hi, I've come here to ask how I can make my scrawny body into a muscular/slim/cut look.

I am 19 years old, I weigh 150 lbs. and I'm 6 feet tall. My arms are very small and I would say it would be the hardest for me to work out. I'm pretty tired of being scrawny and I want to have a nice body when I go out to the beach, etc. But I want to do things right, I want to eat right, work out right , and just do everything the right way, not half ass. So I come here to ask for the advice of experienced body builders.

What would I need to create a good mass gaining diet for my weight and height? I'm willing to go buy the supplements and foods I need, to achieve this mass gaining diet. It's very hard for me to eat, I don't eat much, maybe 2-3 meals a day and sometimes I can go a whole day without eating. It's very hard for me to gain mass.

I understand that for beginnings, you need to lift heavy and do about 6-8 reps on the core body parts. What are the workouts I need and can I do them all with dumbbells. I feel that working out at home will be better because of less distraction and simply because I don't really want to go to the gym every other day.

At what weight should I start not worrying about gaining mass, but toning and cutting my body to have a nice sculpted look. Do I set a goal? How does that work.

For now, those are all the questions I have, I have so many, I'd love for people to get into detail on what workouts I should do and what to eat to gain mass.

I'll post some pictures of my body just for the lols.

Just to let you know, I really know nothing about body building, dieting or posing, so yea. I'm a newbie.
    ok well first thing is should probably not worry about getting cut or toning and gain some more weight. so bulk for a good few months if you want to gain some weight. look around the nutrition forum , and search for bulk diets will answer ur questions alot quicker. second if you just want to be ripped then start a routine. if you want mass i can recommend u the one im on now. but its up to you. you will probably get the same advice like eat eat eat. because u cant really build off much yet. just my opinion. so ye.

Originally Posted by greekooo View Post
    ok well first thing is should probably not worry about getting cut or toning and gain some more weight. so bulk for a good few months if you want to gain some weight. look around the nutrition forum , and search for bulk diets will answer ur questions alot quicker. second if you just want to be ripped then start a routine. if you want mass i can recommend u the one im on now. but its up to you. you will probably get the same advice like eat eat eat. because u cant really build off much yet. just my opinion. so ye.
    Well, yea... of course I want to get ripped, but I would obviously have to gain some weight first right.

greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) greekooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Deflect View Post
    Well, yea... of course I want to get ripped, but I would obviously have to gain some weight first right.
    yes. so first thing is get a good diet working. supps come last remember that. food is the key. and eat good clean foods. so go for a clean bulk. search it up

JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamesRhodes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, you don't look too bad at all, could do with less nipple hair though...just saying.
    Atleast you're not skinny-fat or anything, be greatful for that.

The reason you think you "have trouble gaining mass" is not because you do, it's because you don't eat enough, simple as that.

Glad to know you're not going to half arse it!

To gain weight you need to first, find how many calories you need per day to stay the same weight, w ww.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm something like that will do it, but it will be quite general. (remove the space, sorry, lack of posts)
    The only way you can REALLY do it is to go with that, and get on the scales. After a week, if you've stayed the same, it's right, if you've gone down, it's too little. Trial and error.
    After you find your maintenance, add calories to that, maybe a few hundred and get eating. Lift heavy.
    What you eat doesn't really matter, aslong as you're getting the right amount of Carbs Fat and Protien along with your calories.
    Protien is arguably the most important of these, to be on the safe side, try and eat 2g of protien for every 1lb of your body weight.
    You can find how to build a diet on google or on this site.

For workouts, go on the exersises section and look up "Starting Strength", do this. It works. You'll add mass.

For when you think you need to cut down and get toned. Don't worry about weight, worry about what's in the mirror. If you think you're big enough, start to cut, if not, push on.

Hope this was of help! Good Luck!
    Dare to be great.

JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSaussey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you wanna bulk up cleanly (not gain that much fat) you need to have a high calorie, high protein, high cabr diet and need to be eating around 6 - 8 times a day. i can onky estimate but with your weight id say you wanna be something around 3500 - 4000 cal a day, 220 - 250g of protein, maybe around 300g of carbs

As for working out alot of Compound and dumbbell moves will help pack on the mass, in the 4 - 8 rep range
    journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131599773

Originally Posted by JSaussey View Post
    If you wanna bulk up cleanly (not gain that much fat) you need to have a high calorie, high protein, high cabr diet and need to be eating around 6 - 8 times a day. i can onky estimate but with your weight id say you wanna be something around 3500 - 4000 cal a day, 220 - 250g of protein, maybe around 300g of carbs

As for working out alot of Compound and dumbbell moves will help pack on the mass, in the 4 - 8 rep range
    The thing is I need help making an actual diet. I don't want to make something and then I end up doing it wrong. I have really no idea how to set up the actual 6-8 meals a day. What exactly I should eat.