Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question My Diet : ~1800 calories

Hey, so I'm on a new quest since February 21, 2012.
    So far I lost ~40 pounds and I'm feeling great but the thing is everyone is telling that I should "UP" my calories.
    Today I hate ~1800 calories and was able to do a full workout 20 minutes ago.
    I feel that I just ate the right thing and I'm never,NEVER hungry when I eat at the right time.

This was my day.

Breakfeast :
    - 1 egg cooked,
    - 1 Cinnamon banana smoothie (1 banana sliced (about 3/4 cup),1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt,1/2 cup skim milk,1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup ice

Snack :
    - 1 cup of strawberries

Lunch :

- 1 cup of strawberries
    - 1 cup of Cantaloup
    - 1 cup of Pineapple
    - 1 apple
    - 2 kiwi
    - 2 cup of watermelon
    - 8 Slice of Smoked ham
    - 1 cup of tomato juice
    - 1 Slice of bread

Snack :
    - 10 Almonds
    ~ 10 Celery stick
    ~ 10 Baby Carrots

Dinner :
    - 0.2 kg Raw shrimp
    - 2 Grilled cheese with zero fat cheese
    - Italien Salad with low fat sauce

Snack :
    - 1 cup of watermelon

SO this brings me at approximatively 1800 calories containing:
    Fat (11%) Carbs (57%) Protein (24%) Alcohol (8%)

*My training currently consist of running 0.8km walking 3km and running another 0.8km takes me around 1h15min.
    My current weight is 324lbs and I started at 367 in Febuary

What should I add or remove from my diet ?
    and thanks for your advice!

chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chillaxbroseph is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your diet is woefully deficient in calories and fat, among other things. The best insight you can gain is from the stickies. Calculate your TDEE, subtract 500-1000 calories from it, and create a sane macronutrient split (i.e. 40% p/ 40% c/ 20% f). You're going to do damage by following that dieting model for a sustained period of time.

Edit: If you're under the impression that it's better to eat 6 meals a day, then you're misinformed. Meal timing and frequency is largely irrelevant in terms of body composition. The model you're following may lead to satiety issues. Feel free to eat as many (or few) meals as you prefer, at the times you find most convenient.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ~20g of fat?? WTF
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations on your weight loss and the decision to make a BIG change in your life, one that will dramatically improve how you live your life.

Are you under the supervision of a health professional such as an MD or an RD?

If not you can do some research that will help you to enhance your diet, but right now weight loss is paramount and 1800-2000 kcals will certainly do the trick. If you wanted to up your intake some you could do so and you'll still loose weight.

Keep up the exercise, in your situation view the exercise you are doing as metabolic conditioning, it'll help your system greatly, particularly if you are insulin resistant.

Keep up the good work, study up and make sure you are getting enough micro nutrients, which it does appear you are, and above all hang in there.

Do you plan to engage in resistance training when you loose more weight? If not I suggest you do so, but you have a ways to go before having to worry about that imo.

Keep us informed!

sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sickpulse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Congratulations on your weight loss and the decision to make a BIG change in your life, one that will dramatically improve how you live your life.

Are you under the supervision of a health professional such as an MD or an RD?

If not you can do some research that will help you to enhance your diet, but right now weight loss is paramount and 1800-2000 kcals will certainly do the trick. If you wanted to up your intake some you could do so and you'll still loose weight.

Keep up the exercise, in your situation view the exercise you are doing as metabolic conditioning, it'll help your system greatly, particularly if you are insulin resistant.

Keep up the good work, study up and make sure you are getting enough micro nutrients, which it does appear you are, and above all hang in there.

Do you plan to engage in resistance training when you loose more weight? If not I suggest you do so, but you have a ways to go before having to worry about that imo.

Keep us informed!
    Thanks! My plan right now is to lose another 20-30 pounds this summer by mostly doing low fat/high carb diet with golf and mountain biking then for the winter I plan on going to a gym where I can do more cardio with weights and be followed by a professional I still have a long way to go to reach my goal but hey I'm here for the long run!

Originally Posted by chillaxbroseph View Post
    Your diet is woefully deficient in calories and fat, among other things. The best insight you can gain is from the stickies. Calculate your TDEE, subtract 500-1000 calories from it, and create a sane macronutrient split (i.e. 40% p/ 40% c/ 20% f). You're going to do damage by following that dieting model for a sustained period of time.

Edit: If you're under the impression that it's better to eat 6 meals a day, then you're misinformed. Meal timing and frequency is largely irrelevant in terms of body composition. The model you're following may lead to satiety issues. Feel free to eat as many (or few) meals as you prefer, at the times you find most convenient.
    Ok, I'll try to up my fat/protein intake
    Are Protein shake a good option for me ?
    What is a GOOD kind of fatty food that you recommend ?
    Heaviest: 367lbs, February 21,2012
    First Goal : 295lbs, August 1,2012 [x]
    Second Goal : 260lbs, December 1,2012
    -----------------------------------

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sickpulse View Post
    Thanks! My plan right now is to lose another 20-30 pounds this summer by mostly doing low fat/high carb diet with golf and mountain biking then for the winter I plan on going to a gym where I can do more cardio with weights and be followed by a professional I still have a long way to go to reach my goal but hey I'm here for the long run!
    You're doing great, keep up the good work!

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ok, I'll try to up my fat/protein intake
    Are Protein shake a good option for me ?
    What is a GOOD kind of fatty food that you recommend ?
    Steak: 2 birds, 1 stone

Fats: Oils, dressings, butter, PB, cheese, milk, nuts, bacon, ice cream, chocolate, avocado, beef, etc

Your fat intake is a bit low but I am not worried about that right now as much as you having a diet that you can continue while feeling satiated. (Add salad dressings that contain oil such as olive oil)

Your protein intake appears to be around 100 grams which is pretty close to what you need. You certainly can increase that but if you plan to stay in the 2000 cal range you would have to give up something. For health purposes you are not far away from your minimum for protein intake, try to get at least 120 grams.

In the meantime you can begin to study up, gaining the knowledge you will need to compose a more varied and sufficient diet that will be with you from now on. A diet that consists of foods you enjoy while helping you to maintain your weight loss. Here is a link to the first two stickies you can study but don't stop there, the availability of information is great.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851

Originally Posted by rand18m View Post
    Your fat intake is a bit low but I am not worried about that right now as much as you having a diet that you can continue while feeling satiated. (Add salad dressings that contain oil such as olive oil)

Your protein intake appears to be around 100 grams which is pretty close to what you need. You certainly can increase that but if you plan to stay in the 2000 cal range you would have to give up something. For health purposes you are not far away from your minimum for protein intake, try to get at least 120 grams.

In the meantime you can begin to study up, gaining the knowledge you will need to compose a more varied and sufficient diet that will be with you from now on. A diet that consists of foods you enjoy while helping you to maintain your weight loss. Here is a link to the first two stickies you can study but don't stop there, the availability of information is great.
    Thanks! I will gladly add more protein to my diet

This is version 1.5 of my diet :
    2,077 Calories
    37.5g Fat
    344.6g Carbs
    114.7g Protein

I do eat alot of fruit so I have a high carb/calories ratio but is this a bad thing since I'm try to get leaner while staying active ?

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2,077 Calories
    37.5g Fat
    344.6g Carbs
    114.7g Protein

I do eat alot of fruit so I have a high carb/calories ratio but is this a bad thing since I'm try to get leaner while staying active ?
    Not an expert on obese weight loss macro's but I think may be more beneficial to increase protein closer to 130-150g and fats to ~60g to start with.

LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100) LoganBubs is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey, so I'm on a new quest since February 21, 2012.
    So far I lost ~40 pounds and I'm feeling great but the thing is everyone is telling that I should "UP" my calories.
    Today I hate ~1800 calories and was able to do a full workout 20 minutes ago.
    I feel that I just ate the right thing and I'm never,NEVER hungry when I eat at the right time.

This was my day.

Breakfeast :
    - 1 egg cooked,
    - 1 Cinnamon banana smoothie (1 banana sliced (about 3/4 cup),1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt,1/2 cup skim milk,1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup ice

Snack :
    - 1 cup of strawberries

Lunch :

- 1 cup of strawberries
    - 1 cup of Cantaloup
    - 1 cup of Pineapple
    - 1 apple
    - 2 kiwi
    - 2 cup of watermelon
    - 8 Slice of Smoked ham
    - 1 cup of tomato juice
    - 1 Slice of bread

Snack :
    - 10 Almonds
    ~ 10 Celery stick
    ~ 10 Baby Carrots

Dinner :
    - 0.2 kg Raw shrimp
    - 2 Grilled cheese with zero fat cheese
    - Italien Salad with low fat sauce

Snack :
    - 1 cup of watermelon

SO this brings me at approximatively 1800 calories containing:
    Fat (11%) Carbs (57%) Protein (24%) Alcohol (8%)

*My training currently consist of running 0.8km walking 3km and running another 0.8km takes me around 1h15min.
    My current weight is 324lbs and I started at 367 in Febuary

What should I add or remove from my diet ?
    and thanks for your advice!

Where's your protein bro?

Originally Posted by LoganBubs View Post
    Where's your protein bro?
    Changed my diet from advice I got on the forum and this is what I ate today:
    2,077 Calories
    37.5g Fat
    344.6g Carbs
    114.7g Protein

bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bblessing1400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the weight loss man! As others have stated, I would definitely up your fat intake. If you find it difficult to up it dramatically at once then just ease into it, but you should probably double what ur intake is now.

Originally Posted by bblessing1400 View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss man! As others have stated, I would definitely up your fat intake. If you find it difficult to up it dramatically at once then just ease into it, but you should probably double what ur intake is now.
    Thanks for the support! and yeah I'm kind of scared to go back to "fatty" food and fall of the wagon but I'll try to ease into it thanks again

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the support! and yeah I'm kind of scared to go back to "fatty" food and fall of the wagon but I'll try to ease into it thanks again
    lol don't be scared of fats, they're really good for your body. it's not them that makes one fat, but the excessive amount of calories that you put in the body.

(i've been obsessing on fats lately hah )
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    lol don't be scared of fats, they're really good for your body. it's not them that makes one fat, but the excessive amount of calories that you put in the body.

(i've been obsessing on fats lately hah )
    ehhe i'll try to add some more fat to my diet but how much % or g should I aim to stay healthy and loose weight ?

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ehhe i'll try to add some more fat to my diet but how much % or g should I aim to stay healthy and loose weight ?
    if you read the stickys, it says 0.45g per pound minimum for fats. I'd bump fats to AT LEAST 90-100g in your situation.

djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djsaad1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn't calculate it, but just by eyeballing your original list that looks like more than 1800 calories.

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work OP!

A few things you should know (please read the stickies as priority #1):

1. Dietary fat will not make you fat, only eating more calories than you burn will make you fat (regardless of whether they're from protein, carbs or fat).

2. Keeping #1 in mind, limiting your fat intake to 20-30 grams whilst on an intake of 1800-2000 calories a day will see you lose no more fat than eating 40-60 grams fat whilst on an intake or 1800-2000 calories a day.

3. Keeping #2 in mind, the only thing that limiting your fat so much will do is create a deficiency that will likely have negative impacts on normal hormonal production/balance.

4. Keeping #4 in mind:

*Calculate your TDEE using the stickies. At your bodyfat levels I think you could safely eat a deficit of 20% (TDEE - [TDEE x 0.2]).

* Eat ~0.45 grams of fat per pound of lean mass (remember 1g fat = 9 cals).

* Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass (remember 1g protein = 4 cals).

* Make up the difference of your calculated intake with carbs (remember 1g carbs = 4 cals).

I've been where you are mate, and probably the biggest challenge is reprogramming yourself with the right knowledge and overcoming old fears and paranoia by reinforcing to yourself that you're following sound advice.

I hope this all helps, good luck and keep up the great work buddy!

P.S. At your height I suspect you can eat more than 1800 cals and still maintain a decent deficit (assuming you're not sedentary which is doesn't sound like you are), but just start with the stickie calculations and see what they come up with.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

@mattypoole : Thank you so much this clarify everything!

So if my lean body mass is 145lbs and that I feel I can go on eating 2000 calories this should be my diet in terms of fat/prot/carb ratio.
    Fat : 65g = 590cal
    Prot: 145g = 580cal
    Carb: 207g = 830 cal

I'm going to out for shopping tomorrow might as well get more stuff from the grocery store : )

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    personally I'd up protein and lower carbs a bit more but that's just me...at this point sounds like you need to lose a lot of weight more than keep muscle as you lose

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    personally I'd up protein and lower carbs a bit more but that's just me...at this point sounds like you need to lose a lot of weight more than keep muscle as you lose
    yep I still have a long way to go! but thanks for the advice!

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    @mattypoole : Thank you so much this clarify everything!

So if my lean body mass is 145lbs and that I feel I can go on eating 2000 calories this should be my diet in terms of fat/prot/carb ratio.
    Fat : 65g = 590cal
    Prot: 145g = 580cal
    Carb: 207g = 830 cal

I'm going to out for shopping tomorrow might as well get more stuff from the grocery store : )
    Sounds about right mate, if you used the stickies for those calculations then that'll be about the sweet spot.

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    Assuming calorie deficit is maintained at a certain level then reducing carbs won't make any difference.

This whole atkard/lowering carbs to lose weight quicker on a given calorie deficit thing is a myth.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

anonymous
    OP says he's not lifting at the moment so i would say 100-120g of protein would be adequate, no?
    fat needs to be 100 grams at least, imo.

OP, in my humble, slightly educated opinion, fat is the macro you need to concern yourself the most with right now as you aren't lifting and have been eating a diet severely deficient in dietary fat for a decent amount of time.

you could also eat 2700 cals a day and still see good results.

stay with it, its a marathon, not a spring brah.

Originally Posted by yieldtonothing View Post
    OP says he's not lifting at the moment so i would say 100-120g of protein would be adequate, no?
    fat needs to be 100 grams at least, imo.

OP, in my humble, slightly educated opinion, fat is the macro you need to concern yourself the most with right now as you aren't lifting and have been eating a diet severely deficient in dietary fat for a decent amount of time.

you could also eat 2700 cals a day and still see good results.

stay with it, its a marathon, not a spring brah.
    Thanks for the support and advice!

Today was my real first day with this new diet I had a lobster dinner yesterday with co-workers and ate a little bit too much (~2500 Calories whole day).

Anyway this is what it looks like today

2,104 Calories
    73.8 Fat
    216.8 Carbs
    141.3 Protein

Pretty good stuff to eggs,subway,steak and shrimp and I bet i'll feel better after my jogging this afternoon.

Thanks again everyone that helped!

Keep it up Pulse, remember your needs are a bit different, the stickies will better fit your needs when your body fat percentage decreases significantly. As I stated the day you started this thread, weight loss right now is paramount and that is dependent on a diet you will stick with. The macros you posted just above look pretty good to me, just keep it close and give it time. It's cliche but you didn't gain it overnight and won't loose it overnight, but you already know that!! Keep us updated!!

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ Everything he said +1000, great job man. Consistency is key.

pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50) pineappled will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow

Yikes, low in fat. I suggest adding some peanut butter or almond butter into your diet to up the fat and calories.

masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masterb403 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the support and advice!

Today was my real first day with this new diet I had a lobster dinner yesterday with co-workers and ate a little bit too much (~2500 Calories whole day).

Anyway this is what it looks like today

2,104 Calories
    73.8 Fat
    216.8 Carbs
    141.3 Protein

Pretty good stuff to eggs,subway,steak and shrimp and I bet i'll feel better after my jogging this afternoon.

Thanks again everyone that helped!

Hey there! Congratulations on deciding to get healthy, and great work so far. I just wanted to chime in with a couple things that I think would help you, since I *was* you about 6 months ago... same exact weight and the exact calorie # (we were the same size, although I'm an inch taller.)

I think the macronutrients you've presented will get you quite a bit further in your journey, but I would caution you to consider dropping even more carbs for protein. Your goals right now aren't to build muscle, they are to lose fat... and frankly, carbs are about the last thing you need to be eating right now. Fats will help your satiety and hormones tremendously, and protein is muscle sparing, carries a higher thermic effect, and keeps you much more full. I've dieted down 100lbs off of my body twice in my life now (unfortunately), and I can tell you that minimizing carbs and upping protein was the best decision I've ever made in dieting. Not only was my satiety and dietary compliance much better this time around, my muscle retention was night and day. I am much more muscular and much stronger than I was last time I did this. Think about it!! Ultimately, I think you'll do just fine whichever way you choose. Good luck!!