Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you here.

Where do I go about learning to make shoes?
    The best option would be to research the Indians that lived in your part of the country, and what they did for footwear in the winter...

Ultimately what they did with local resources will reflect what you can do.

The fall back plan... Is to learn how to carve clogs (Yes the gay ductch style footwear.) And once you know how to do that you can modify it with leather, or say stuffed woven grasses.

Ultimately clothing and footwear production, being as labor intensive as it is, will fall to one or two people, who can perfect the art... Rather than everyone make their own, and you all walk around with ratty shoes that cause blisters a jacket that always leaves you cold, and a long cloth that rubs a nasty callous on the tip of your dick!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not disagreeing with you here.

Where do I go about learning to make shoes?
    This has some articles about making useful things from scrap and junk.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Blown-Tire-Shoes/
    "The best-laid schemes o mice an men Gang aft agley." Robert Burns

"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me." -

"Some say he can swim seven lengths under water and he has webbed buttocks. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

"Some say that his skin is the texture of a dolphin's and that he has his own satellites. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    cloth that rubs a nasty callous on the tip of your dick!
    OK little OT but worst experience ever: getting sand in my trunks at the beach while on a long walk, and having it rub the tip of my dick raw by the time I got home.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    OK little OT but worst experience ever: getting sand in my trunks at the beach while on a long walk, and having it rub the tip of my dick raw by the time I got home.
    LOL... Been there Done that...

See up here with 4 extreme seasons... If your clothing is sub par, it will find a way to get you.

I spent a lot of weekends ice fishing in the winter. (Converted a 1973 14 foot Nomad Camper into a fish house, heated by a wood stove.)

So as long as my wife is happy back at home... I spend my weekends driving out and living 4 miles out on the ice sheet. And if your clothing is too hot, or too cold, or layered wrong, or just plain uncomfortable... It can affect your health and ultimately your Life!

Then the same in summer, when the humidity coming off the western Crops and the 10,000 lakes is straight up Tropical. (A week ago the dew point was 74!!!)

Underestimating clothing needs will kill you just as dead as a bear, or wolf, or Cougar, or infection from some city kitty ass tard who showed up and stabbed you with a sharp stick poisoned with his own ****, because he saw something about that on the discovery channel last year, and figured he had to try something!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What would you guys recommend for some good tough all purpose to anything boots? Something I could buy 5 pairs of that would last a decade per pair thus giving me 50 years of booted fun?

If anything is going to make these skills valuable in the future, it's the results of this:

What would you guys recommend for some good tough all purpose to anything boots? Something I could buy 5 pairs of that would last a decade per pair thus giving me 50 years of booted fun?
    Well you're not going to find anything with that level of longevity... Even if you made boots out of steel you'd still wear the soles off those in 10 years of walking on them...

What I do...

Every year I buy a new pair of high end (But not ridiculous) Hiking boots... Waterproof, goretex liner, the whole 9...

Usually I wear them out to the point where they're still completely functional, but look like ****... And since I work in an office... Wearing boots is already pushing it...

So I buy a new pair of boots, and "Wear them till ugly."

And then save the old pairs for work boots and such....

I was really in love with the Nike Air Hiking boot... But that got phased out in like 2001...

Then I switched up to High-tec... And really enjoyed them and their comfortable sole... Sole was removeable as well, which was great for when I needed to wear an orthotic during my knee rehab.

Unfortunately High-Tec isn't a widely popular brand, so the distribution is low... And I'm a 13... So while I could find High-Tec Brand... My Particular boot and size was always a great search.

So this year I decided to try Timberland's High end line...

So far I love the boot... Stronger dual core laces... Cast endurant, external lace fittings... Bonded Tongue (So it's water proof and also "Water Tight")

It also as a bonded goretex liner... So say like this last weekend when I was landing my boat with my wife for the first time and I stepped WAY to deep into the lake, and I got some water "Over the Top"

The water that did get inside, hit the goretex liner, which wicked it away from my feet...

So the two hours it took me to get home from there my feet were merely "Moist" and not soaked.

Usually you get that much water into a boot... And you'd be miserable and raw walking in it...

I could have worn my boots the rest of the day... In fact when I got home my feet merely felt kind of sweaty, rather than Prunes.

My Only complaint about the boot... Is the hard inner sole...

When I bought it, I knew it was going to be a harder sole than I was used to...

Just the other day my feet were sore after walking on hard rock all day... So I went and bought some high end memory foam Dr. Shoals foot pads for more comfort.

*I could have bought a cheaper padding, and removed the inner sole liner, and put it under... So it also does have that feature for adding your own padding... Or if I was still using an orthotic.
    6'4"

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well you're not going to find anything with that level of longevity... Even if you made boots out of steel you'd still wear the soles off those in 10 years of walking on them...

What I do...

Every year I buy a new pair of high end (But not ridiculous) Hiking boots... Waterproof, goretex liner, the whole 9...

Usually I wear them out to the point where they're still completely functional, but look like ****... And since I work in an office... Wearing boots is already pushing it...

So I buy a new pair of boots, and "Wear them till ugly."

And then save the old pairs for work boots and such....

I was really in love with the Nike Air Hiking boot... But that got phased out in like 2001...

Then I switched up to High-tec... And really enjoyed them and their comfortable sole... Sole was removeable as well, which was great for when I needed to wear an orthotic during my knee rehab.

Unfortunately High-Tec isn't a widely popular brand, so the distribution is low... And I'm a 13... So while I could find High-Tec Brand... My Particular boot and size was always a great search.

So this year I decided to try Timberland's High end line...

So far I love the boot... Stronger dual core laces... Cast endurant, external lace fittings... Bonded Tongue (So it's water proof and also "Water Tight")

It also as a bonded goretex liner... So say like this last weekend when I was landing my boat with my wife for the first time and I stepped WAY to deep into the lake, and I got some water "Over the Top"

The water that did get inside, hit the goretex liner, which wicked it away from my feet...

So the two hours it took me to get home from there my feet were merely "Moist" and not soaked.

Usually you get that much water into a boot... And you'd be miserable and raw walking in it...

I could have worn my boots the rest of the day... In fact when I got home my feet merely felt kind of sweaty, rather than Prunes.

My Only complaint about the boot... Is the hard inner sole...

When I bought it, I knew it was going to be a harder sole than I was used to...

Just the other day my feet were sore after walking on hard rock all day... So I went and bought some high end memory foam Dr. Shoals foot pads for more comfort.

*I could have bought a cheaper padding, and removed the inner sole liner, and put it under... So it also does have that feature for adding your own padding... Or if I was still using an orthotic.
    I cant imagine the boots you mentioned being a great fit for your feet. Most of those manufacterers are not well designed for wider than avg feet... and like you mentioned, the Timbs have a hard sole?

Next time you are boot shopping, check out Asolo, Merrell, Lowa for starters.
    Asolo is by far my favorite brand of boots.

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    I cant imagine the boots you mentioned being a great fit for your feet. Most of those manufacterers are not well designed for wider than avg feet... and like you mentioned, the Timbs have a hard sole?

Next time you are boot shopping, check out Asolo, Merrell, Lowa for starters.
    Asolo is by far my favorite brand of boots.
    Actually my feet are Narrow and long... So they've turned out perfect... But both lines came available in Regular and Wide.

If my footwear is off, after my knee rehab, I'll be aware of it, due to an old muscle imbalance. (I really should wear my orthotic for life, but I don't need it anymore.)

But yeah... The hard sole thing sucks!
    6'4"

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually my feet are Narrow and long... So they've turned out perfect... But both lines came available in Regular and Wide.

If my footwear is off, after my knee rehab, I'll be aware of it, due to an old muscle imbalance. (I really should wear my orthotic for life, but I don't need it anymore.)

But yeah... The hard sole thing sucks!
    Yeah, I just saw your size. Thought you would be better in a wider width. Ive found that Nike is just a bit snug on the balls of my feet where the foot is widest. Timbs are narrow as well and I dont really find them comfortable or durable. Both brands I dont like the shape of the soles. I prefer the sole to have some arch support and anatomical thought behind the shape and support.

I mentioned Asolo and Merrell, I know both are extremely comfortable and durable. Keen is also a brand a I love for comfort and shape, they are somewhat new, but I have never had a problem with durabilty yet.

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    Yeah, I just saw your size. Thought you would be better in a wider width. Ive found that Nike is just a bit snug on the balls of my feet where the foot is widest. Timbs are narrow as well and I dont really find them comfortable or durable. Both brands I dont like the shape of the soles. I prefer the sole to have some arch support and anatomical thought behind the shape and support.

I mentioned Asolo and Merrell, I know both are extremely comfortable and durable. Keen is also a brand a I love for comfort and shape, they are somewhat new, but I have never had a problem with durabilty yet.
    Yeah of them I preferred the Hi-Tec for sure... And if I can find my size again I'd re-buy them...

I've never seen Asolo's... But Merrell's never impressed me with their water proofing... And that's a HUGE factor for me... I spend a lot of time walking in shallow water, and mud etc...
    6'4"

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If anything is going to make these skills valuable in the future, it's the results of this:

I'm astonished, or maybe not, at the promotion of innumeracy.

Anyone who can prove say Pythagoras Theorem, comes to the realization that its truth preceeded not only their ability to prove it, but Pythagoras himself and the other great Greek mathematicians, the Egyptians who knew it as a conjecture and used it to square the sides of their pyramids, but could not prove it etc. It was true before dinosaurs stalked the Earth, and indeed before the Earth was formed.

Its truth is independent of the beliefs, nonsensical or otherwise, current in society.

This dumbing down is definitely deliberate, to create a generation of compliant subjects who accept serfdom and arbitrary rule, not citizens who know they have inalienable rights.

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    I'm astonished, or maybe not, at the promotion of innumeracy.

Anyone who can prove say Pythagoras Theorem, comes to the realization that its truth preceeded not only their ability to prove it, but Pythagoras himself and the other great Greek mathematicians, the Egyptians who knew it as a conjecture and used it to square the sides of their pyramids, but could not prove it etc. It was true before dinosaurs stalked the Earth, and indeed before the Earth was formed.

Its truth is independent of the beliefs, nonsensical or otherwise, current in society.

This dumbing down is definitely deliberate, to create a generation of compliant subjects who accept serfdom and arbitrary rule, not citizens who know they have inalienable rights.
    Knowledge = power, which is why they want us to be stupid.

Knowledge = power, which is why they want us to be stupid.
    No offense guys... But no one can make you stupid...

It's a matter of each person as an individual giving up the right to think for themselves out of convenience...

It was taking back the right to think for himself that Got Martin Luther reaching for a piece of paper and hammer and nail...

It was taking back the right to think for yourself that got Guttenberg to print the first Bible...

It was taking back the right ot think for themselves that Got Women to start the sufferage movement...

The list goes on and on...

When something goes sideways in your life it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make better of it...

As I say "Personal Accountability is the high water mark of a man... Don't make low tide excuses!"
    6'4"

No offense guys... But no one can make you stupid...

It's a matter of each person as an individual giving up the right to think for themselves out of convenience...

It was taking back the right to think for himself that Got Martin Luther reaching for a piece of paper and hammer and nail...

It was taking back the right to think for yourself that got Guttenberg to print the first Bible...

It was taking back the right ot think for themselves that Got Women to start the sufferage movement...

The list goes on and on...

When something goes sideways in your life it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make better of it...

As I say "Personal Accountability is the high water mark of a man... Don't make low tide excuses!"
    I agree with you. I just mean say they take a bunch of kids and stick them in a classroom, with no contact with anyone or anything but what they want. It would be impossible to learn anything they didn't want you to know.

Right now we still have the ability to easily teach ourselves, but that might not always be true for future generations.

I agree with you. I just mean say they take a bunch of kids and stick them in a classroom, with no contact with anyone or anything but what they want. It would be impossible to learn anything they didn't want you to know.

Right now we still have the ability to easily teach ourselves, but that might not always be true for future generations.
    My Father is a Blue Collar Scholar... An Arm Chair historian if you will... And as such he's hammered a lot of History into my head.

Through out the history of civilization there has always been an "At Odds" with the "Have's" hording information and knowledge from the "Have-Not's."

The only way people of lesser means have ever been able to keep from getting burried has been through progressively making the attempt to educate themselves... Think for themselves...

So that when some prick poppin' a white collar stands before you and tries to blow whatever brand of smoke up your ass... You'll be wise enough in the ways of men to tell the horse **** sales men from the Hand Grenade Guy.

One of the reasons we have the right to bear arms is to remind government that we have the ability to over throw them...

Only that time is passed... Now the weapon that will define the future is information, knowledge, wisdom, the ability to think for yourself...

These are muscles of the mind, that can be turned into weapons of truth...

Unfortunately... We've done one hell of a job of disarming ourselves.
    6'4"

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My cousin is big into survivalism and doesn't live far from here, I'm going to give him a call and see if he can give me some 'lessons'. I'd like to learn how to survive off the land without any supplies. Been watching a show on discovery called 'survivor man' and I hadn't realized how hard it really is.

Anyway as far as storable food, I've read that canned food isn't so great anymore because now there are a lot of chemical preservatives put in it, so it doesn't last all that long. Don't canned foods actually have an expiration date? My understanding is that the chemicals begin to break down and become inedible.

I'm checking out a site called efoodsdirect.com. Thinking about buying their 2 month food supply just to try it out. If I do I will post my impressions if desired. My concern is whether or not they use tons of salt, but its dehydrated canned food so I assume not, and the calorie count.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I don't know if preprations really matter for me as I live on an island, in an apartment. My wife is in the Philippines right now checking out property, but I don't know how we'd get all the way over there, and I have a filling of the US falls a lot of the world is going to be in a similar situation anyway.
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    My cousin is big into survivalism and doesn't live far from here, I'm going to give him a call and see if he can give me some 'lessons'. I'd like to learn how to survive off the land without any supplies. Been watching a show on discovery called 'survivor man' and I hadn't realized how hard it really is.

Anyway as far as storable food, I've read that canned food isn't so great anymore because now there are a lot of chemical preservatives put in it, so it doesn't last all that long. Don't canned foods actually have an expiration date? My understanding is that the chemicals begin to break down and become inedible.

I'm checking out a site called efoodsdirect.com. Thinking about buying their 2 month food supply just to try it out. If I do I will post my impressions if desired. My concern is whether or not they use tons of salt, but its dehydrated canned food so I assume not, and the calorie count.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I don't know if preprations really matter for me as I live on an island, in an apartment. My wife is in the Philippines right now checking out property, but I don't know how we'd get all the way over there, and I have a filling of the US falls a lot of the world is going to be in a similar situation anyway.
    If the Hawaiian's Can get from the Marquesas Islands and Tahiti to Hawaii, in canoes, you surely can...

Don't give me any of this whining about the pervailing westerlies!

6'4"

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Oooooooo. I like this thread.

Anytime I talk about SHTF and stocking up I get mocked or called crazy.
    *Stopped smoking crew* 2 years and 5 month bishes, and counting.*

*Founder of the, "I hate cold weather!" crew*

Your dreams should never be better than your life. - Karl Pilkington

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    Oooooooo. I like this thread.

Anytime I talk about SHTF and stocking up I get mocked or called crazy.
    It's okay..... you're among friends here!
    "The gods of the valleys are not the gods of the mountains"
    -U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School motto

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let's see a small sampling of what Mama Stab has in her survival closet.

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bottled water now comes in bags?

Speaking of which, have you used those potable aqua tabs? I found some at Gander Mnt. for $5 and was gonna take them on my hiking trip, wondered how the water tastes with them in/ any side effects?

Originally Posted by sugicalmike View Post
    bottled water now comes in bags?
    4 ounces per pouch and takes up much less room in a bug-out. I have a ton of other stuff but this is the stuff I have that just screams survivalism.

Nope, haven't tried the tablets yet. Hope I never have to tbh.

FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000) FutureFoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just curious, what is everyone's opinion of what situation poses the biggest threat in the near future?. I'm ruling out zombies....
    BS, CSCS

******official misc photography crew******

Originally Posted by FutureFoe View Post
    Just curious, what is everyone's opinion of what situation poses the biggest threat in the near future?. I'm ruling out zombies....
    Riots, looting and empty shelves from a massive recession and or total economic collapse.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Imagine one day going to the grocery store and a gallon of milk is $200. The result is massive rioting, people forming into roving gangs. You're on your own.

Maybe the military comes in and implements martial law, transporting people to FEMA camps for their own safety. Your options are get on the FEMA truck or deal with the rioters by yourself.

Unless you have some kind of a backup plan.
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Imagine one day going to the grocery store and a gallon of milk is $200. The result is massive rioting, people forming into roving gangs. You're on your own. Anyone with food becomes a target, and when the group think survival kicks into their thinking, your life isn't going to matter a whole lot.

Maybe the military comes in and implements martial law, transporting people to FEMA camps for their own safety. Your options are get on the FEMA truck or deal with the rioters by yourself.

Unless you have some kind of a backup plan.
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500) izaktj is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'd build a secured "zone" by remote controlled weapon stations using solar energy as source. Unmanned aerial vehicles would hunt down potential threats and gather food. Also could attack survivor convoys and loot for resources/supplies.
    Last edited by izaktj; 08-01-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally Posted by izaktj View Post
    I'd build a secured "zone" by remote controlled weapon stations using solar energy as source. Unmanned aerial vehicles would hunt down potential threats and gather food. Also could attack survivor convoys and loot for resources/supplies.
    Dude... No offense... But you're 18 years old... At best, you barely understand how your dick works... How the hell are you going to create wooden centurion arial vehicles powered by the sun.
    6'4"

Dude... No offense... But you're 18 years old... At best, you barely understand how your dick works... How the hell are you going to create wooden centurion arial vehicles powered by the sun.
    Are you saying this scenario isn't on the top of the "plans most likely to succeed" list?