Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Coffee Pre-Workout...

So I've been drinking 1-2 cups of coffee pre-workout, and I am training 4-5 times a week. S

I start to sipping maybe 15 min before I hit the weights, and finish off just before I lift or during my first 15 minutes of play.

I have found that I have definitely been a lot more focused and awake during my training, and I am not yawning like I was at times before. Has helped big time for those early workouts with only one meal in the gut.

My Q, do any of you do the coffee thing or is this something I should not be doing? Are there other better alternatives for stimulates to ingest? I am cutting BTW, and I don't seem to be noticing any negative side effects from this, besides maybe feeling a little anxious and slightly edgy eve after the session if it's a potent cup.

I also am not considering investing expensive 'BBing' supplements like no-xplode. I forever will attempt to keep my BBing hobby affordable.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you think people drank before NO-Xplode and alike? I like chilled espresso or coffee grounds in my pre-workout shakes. Drink up.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    I do
    and it is better IMO than other supplements that aren't natural
    Also has antioxidants and if you google benefits of caffeine or coffee you will be surprised at what a bad rap it gets
    Green tea is good too
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    What do you think people drank before NO-Xplode and alike? I like chilled espresso or coffee grounds in my pre-workout shakes. Drink up.
    x2
    mix with choc. whey= mocha flavor
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smit1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    caffeine pills FTW!
    bench- 225lbsx1
    squat- 315x2
    deadlift-315x1

MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LatinoMusculito View Post
    So I've been drinking 1-2 cups of coffee pre-workout, and I am training 4-5 times a week. S

I start to sipping maybe 15 min before I hit the weights, and finish off just before I lift or during my first 15 minutes of play.

I have found that I have definitely been a lot more focused and awake during my training, and I am not yawning like I was at times before. Has helped big time for those early workouts with only one meal in the gut.

My Q, do any of you do the coffee thing or is this something I should not be doing? Are there other better alternatives for stimulates to ingest? I am cutting BTW, and I don't seem to be noticing any negative side effects from this, besides maybe feeling a little anxious and slightly edgy eve after the session if it's a potent cup.

I also am not considering investing expensive 'BBing' supplements like no-xplode. I forever will attempt to keep my BBing hobby affordable.

I drink 1 cup of instant coffee 15 minutes before my work out, always kept me more focused and awake.

Reps!!!
    "The guys who walk around naked in the change room for a more-than-necessary period of time. I guess they love the moment of freedom?" - spyx

Originally Posted by MeMojo View Post
    I drink 1 cup of instant coffee 15 minutes before my work out, always kept me more focused and awake.

Reps!!!
    any1 using instant
    Go with Taster's Choice
    After drinking that, everything else tastes like crap
    Founder of MMDELAD

Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50) Intercept will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Caffeine

I'm a self-confessed caffeine addict. Have 3 cups in the morning (8am) and 3 cups around 6pm pre-workout. I've been doing this for a few years and have built up a tollerance so I am able to sleep well after about 2-3 hours after consuming. I used NO-explode and Superpump250 to the point where I was having about 4 scoops in one serve and decided to quit. I gave me pretty bad anxiety also. I dont get that so much with coffee.
    Another thing i use pre-workout every now and again is cocoa. I knock back about half a cup with some milk on an empty stomach about 30mins before I train (not very tasty). I found this very similar to any NO product but with milder caffeine effects.

Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toshiya is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to have 2 Expresso's pre-workout! Or I'll drink 2 cans of Coke Light with my EPH and Asprin.
    Week 1: Weight: 97 kg @ 24% BF
    Week 2: Weight: 95 kg @ 22.3% BF
    Week 3: Weight: 92 kg @ 20% BF
    Week 4: Weight: 90 kg @ 17.49% BF
    Week 5: Weight: 90 kg @ 15.5% BF
    Week 6: Weight: 89 kg @ 15% BF
    Week 7: Weight: 89 kg @ 14.85% BF
    Week 8: Weight: 88 kg @ 12.43% BF
    Week 9: Weight: 87 kg @ 10.05% BF

Week 10: Weight: 88 kg @ 9.59% BF
    Week 11: Weight: 87 kg @ 9.13% BF
    Week 12: Weight: 86 kg @ 9.13% BF (Plateau)
    Week 13: Weight: 84 kg @ 8.67% BF