wherefromhere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should my macronutrient ratio be?

I'm trying to pack on muscle but at the same time not looking to gain weight in my abdominal area. I'm a pretty athletic guy just need a little bit more size. My issue is im trying to get a 6 pack but have a small layer of fat or the abs show they dont show like i want them to. My fear is having a carb heavy diet and having more fat added on. what should i do? thanks in advance.

Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Emptylineup has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by wherefromhere View Post
    I'm trying to pack on muscle but at the same time not looking to gain weight in my abdominal area. I'm a pretty athletic guy just need a little bit more size. My issue is im trying to get a 6 pack but have a small layer of fat or the abs show they dont show like i want them to. My fear is having a carb heavy diet and having more fat added on. what should i do? thanks in advance.
    if your more of an athlete than go with 50/35/15
    or if your a bodybuilder than go with 40/45/15

carb/protein/fat

some people might say im wrong but it worked great for me.
    p.s. casian protein at night is a good idea and cardio in the morning before you eat will help with that layer of fat.

hope it helps.

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wherefromhere View Post
    You probably should figure out how many calories you need a day to maintain your weight. Go to thedailyplate.com to figure that out. Then add 300-500 to that number to gain about a pound a week.

More carbs does not mean more fat. Eating more carbs does make you hold more water, but it's not fat. It's overall calories that matter.

You should slowly bulk for a month or two at least and then start to cut down. Cutting is always easier when you have more muscle on your frame (aka bulking).
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Emptylineup View Post
    if your more of an athlete than go with 50/35/15
    or if your a bodybuilder than go with 40/45/15
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no

Ratios are meaningless. They are derived figures with no intrinsic value.

- You need 1-1.5g of protein per pound of lean
    - You need at least 0.5g fat per pound of lean
    - You need a certain number of calories for your goals
    - Exercise burns carbs, so people who exercise a lot will generally do better with more carbs
    - As long as the above is followed, you can balance your diet however the fcuk you like.

Back in the 80's, I used to have a ratio of 20% protein, 15% fat and 65% carbs. Right now I'm on 25% protein, 35% fat and 40% carbs, but when I was cutting I was on 35% protein, 55% fat and 10% carbs. All that time, I was a bodybuilder.