Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The Powerlifting Equipment Thread.

Discuss any equipment topics in here. To start off this thread, I will give some info on different types of equipment.

Belt(approx 70$ for standard belt): This powerlifting wear applies pressure to the core and creates a stable environment in which to perform the Big Three. Belts support you during your lifts and help keep you safe. They also help to create intra-abdominal pressure, thus creating the stability. But don't train in a belt all year round, as this takes away the force from the abdominals and are actually weakened. Wear the belt at meets, and certain occassions.

Chalk(approx 5-10$): This powerlifting item helps during all lifts basically. It helps with the grip in the deadlift and bench, and can help prevent the slipping of the bar on the squat. You simply apply chalk all over your hands for the bench and deadlift, and you apply the chalk on the trapezius, neck, and shoulders for the squat. Magnesium carbonate chalk is a popular form of this chalk.

Squat/Deadlift Suits(approx $40-150): This powerlifting wear is very effective for both safety and adding pounds to your squat,deadlift, and total. They work because since they are so tight, once you stretch the suit, such as the descent of the squat and the beginning of the deadlift, they create a "spring" of some sort. This helps create bar speed, momentum, and blast through the whole lift. Also, they create a stable environment for the joints so they are injury preventing. Usually, these suits take up to 5 minutes to get on. They are also uncomfortable and tight. But they work!Some examples of Squat/Deadlift suits are: Z-Suit, Marathon Suit, Inzer,Champion,Other......

Bench Shirt(approx $40-150): This powerlifting wear is effective for adding pounds to your bench and total. Again, they work because they are so tight, that once you stretch the shirt, like in the bottom position of the bench press, it creates a spring and helps you to create bar speed, momentum, and blast to the lockout, where many successive powerlifters train, knowing the bench shirt starts to help a bit less. Think of a rubber band. What happens when you stretch it? It creates a spring and fires away when you let go of the rubber band. Same concept in the bench shirt.(And squat/deadlift suits). Training the lockout is critical when using a shirt, because the shirt is mostly effective at the bottom and middle position of the lift. Start with the lowest level of a bench shirt, such as a single polyester. Soem examples of bench shirts are:Extra High Performance Heavy Duty Blast Shirt(EHPHD),High Performance Heavy Duty Blast Shirt (HPHD),Other....

Knee wraps(approx $20): This powerlifting wear helps create pressure and tightness in the knees, and creates a stable environment. Knee Wraps also help to prevent injuries in the knees, which is critical when performing the Squat. They may create a little spring, but nothing major. Can add up to 15 kilos or 20-30 pounds if wrapped correctly and tight enough....

Wrist Wraps(approx $20) : This powerlifting wear helps to support your grip so you have better control and grip on the barbell. This is NOT to be confused with wrist STRAPS, which are straps that wrap around the wrist and barbell so you are actually "glued" to the barbell.

You can attain the powerlifting equipment at www.monstermuscle.com www.titansupport.com

I think I pretty much nailed everything. If I missed anything, please add it in!
    Last edited by healthy n'fit; 10-19-2002 at 03:22 PM.

Bob Lipinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job.

You can get Titan's shirt for $70 including shipping from One on One Fitness. Great shirt, probably the best value around, and probably one of the best shirts for beginners- You don't have to wear it ultra tight and painful to get good results.

I just got INzer's new shirt a week ago. I am going to be trying it out in about 2-3 weeks, if anyone is interested on how it works. I put it on and did some partials- The material is stiff as hell.

One thing- About knee wraps- If you get a good wrap you're talking 20-30+ pounds on your squat for some people. IN an article in PLUSA, one of the Russian coaches said the difference between a good wrap and a bad one is 15 kilos, so I am sure you can get it far tighter than I have wrapped myself.
    "Coaches and athletes need to use an average training program cautiously. Only average athletes, those who are far from excellent, prepare with average methods. A champion is not average, but exceptional."- Vladimir Zatsiorsky

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Bob Lipinski
    Good job.

You can get Titan's shirt for $70 including shipping from One on One Fitness. Great shirt, probably the best value around, and probably one of the best shirts for beginners- You don't have to wear it ultra tight and painful to get good results.

I just got INzer's new shirt a week ago. I am going to be trying it out in about 2-3 weeks, if anyone is interested on how it works. I put it on and did some partials- The material is stiff as hell.

One thing- About knee wraps- If you get a good wrap you're talking 20-30+ pounds on your squat for some people. IN an article in PLUSA, one of the Russian coaches said the difference between a good wrap and a bad one is 15 kilos, so I am sure you can get it far tighter than I have wrapped myself.
    i know someone who tried the Phenom and said it had a high groove. may be a warning to you if you bench low. he said it was a good shirt though, just not right for his groove.

I also read in PLUSA that you should be aiming toget ATLEAST 100 lbs out of your shirt (if you get it finely tuned and tweaked to hell) .. .the article was in OCT. issue, by J.M. Blakely.
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    Healthy- this topic is getting good, lets get some more input on different types of equipment you have used.

Inzer knee wraps- i love these. gives me so much support, and makes me feel really sturdy.

Inzer Champion suit- i love this suit. the suit i have is snug in the hips and legs, and tight all over. I can get great support out of this single ply poly, and dont know what i would do with out it. Has to be the piece of lifting equipment i liekt he most. Not very painful,and only takes 5 minutes to get on. I can squat alot more in the suit too, and protects my hips from the stresses of squatting wide.

Inzer z- suit - in my opinion, i dont like this suit. the one i have is overly tight in the legs, loose in the hips, and barely tight enogh straps. it hurts like hell and gives me no more than the champion does. THe only plus to it is the z-lock(which i hate, but some swear by) and the wider straps. I would sugest most people start out w/ a basic champion. much more comfy and forgiving.

Inzer HD Blast- i had one, i didnt nkow how to use it, and i benched 10 lbs less then my PR in a compettion. It was painful and not fun. Luckily i learned to use it more effictively and got used to the pain. This is a good beginner shirt, and will do the job for most people. You get a nice decent pop out of the bottom of the bench, and it can usually make up for the pause done in competition.

Crain Bench shirt- i used a very loose one that my 198 friend wore. I benched a 10lb PR and it only gave a little support. I liked the design of it, and it didnt cut my armpits open like the Inzer did. That may have just been because it isnt very tight. I think that if the arms were in close on the crain shirt, it would be an excellent shirt, but iwas very happy with the performance from just a loose shirt.

Titan Victor suit (poly, not NXG) - i use this suit for deadlifting and it is PERFECT. the one i have the straps are too long so they dont restrict my from getting into propper position. It gives me just enough bounce to get the weight moving, and still has that natural feeling to it that a tighter suit wouldnt. I personally think this is a great suit, and i really like it for deadlifting. It is too loose to use as a squat suit, but maybe one day i will use it.

Inzer Lever belt- By far the best belt i've ever used. Its tight all the way around, easy to get on, easy to get off. Another good feature about this belt is how it is c onsistantly tight around the entire body, unlike double and single prong belts, which tend to be looser toward the front.

Chuck taylors- gotta love these for squatting. They give great support for the ankles and the flat sole helps you sit backand drive through your heels. THe only shoes that may be better are the safe squat shoes.

Custom Crain Benchs shirt - tried it on yesterday and it was really really good. Too good for me, i wasnt strong enough for it, and i wasnt used to its groove. It has the chest taken in a lot, and fits really snuggly. With all my other shirts, 165 will touch, with this one, it takes 205 for it tobarely touch. If i can maintain my size and not grow to much and get stronger, i'll be using this shirt at the competition after i do states. A very nice shirt indeed.

Deadlift Slippers - great for conventional pulling. Your so low to the ground, you may as well be wearing socks. THe traction on the bottom is very good,and they mold to your feet as well. I'd recommend these to anyone who pulls conventional.

Suit Slip ons - These help so much. They resemble a pair of leggings that female cheerleaders wear when its cold. Just yank them up, and then the suit slides on so much easier. Iwas finally able to get my z suit on with the help of these. So if you like your equipment tight, this is a must have.

Inzer blast Bench Shirt- Cant say too much about this one. It wasnt a great fit, and about 165 touched. The chest was taken in, and the arms were really short. Didnt feel like it gave me much support at all. Im sure that if i grew into it, it would be a good shirt, but for now, its staying in my closet.

double prong powerlifting belt- A nice solid belt, harder to get into than the lever belt, and not quite as good in my opinion. Its looser in the front and doesnt stay snug all around you. If it would stay tigher in the front , like the lever belt, it would be amuch better belt.

Inzer Wrist Wraps- I liked these. I dont use them often, but when i did use them i felt like i had more control over the weight since my wrists werent folding back. Definately in the future i'll buy a pair of my own to use during shirt training and contest.

Titan Wrist wraps- same as inzer, couldnt tell a difference.
    Last edited by Deciever; 10-26-2002 at 11:10 AM.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by 14powerlift
    I think you left out WRIST WRAPS bro.
    Are wrist wraps legal in competition? If I'm thinking the same thing as you, these are straps that help you hold on to the bar right? Or am I thinking of WRIST STRAPS ??

Reply man..
    Last edited by healthy n'fit; 10-16-2002 at 12:13 PM.

SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SHWStrongarm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No you're thinking of lifting straps for deadlift. Wrist wraps are just the wraps around the wrists when benching, sometimes used for squatters if they squat with a real wide grip.
    Hard to the Core

Originally posted by Deciever
    Healthy- this topic is getting good, lets get some more input on different types of equipment you have used.
    Well Deciever, I personally have used a belt,chalk, and once before knee wraps in my BB days. I think I may use them once again if I ever use a shirt/suit. But I've never used a suit or shirt. I'm not sure how long I'll keep like this though.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    squat breifs, prices of equipment, usefullness, personal excperiance, could all be added to this thread it could be a useful thread
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    squat breifs (nothing has been said about them)
    prices of equipment (all equipment)
    personal excperiance (a definant one)
    how to put on your bench shirt (maybe a video deciever)
    how to put on your squat suit (vid. deceiver )
    how to put on knee wraps (www.joeskopec.com)
    how to put on your erector shirt ( maybe deciever can help us out)
    erector shirts and how they work
    where to order shirts from (manufacturers phone #)
    types of equipment (single, double, triple, poly, denim, canvas)
    Phenom Vs. Fury (strengths of nxg to other materials)

i could use some help with where to order my shirt from and how the hell do i put on a bench shirt properly?

could all be added to this thread it could be a useful thread
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

powerlifter- usually when u order from inzer (at least when idid) theres a little card that says how to put it on the most effective way. whether it be a bench shirt or squat suit

and i dont want to put a video up of me wriggling into my squat suit...

and i ave to experiance with erector shirts.

more experiance with equipment. added
    Last edited by Deciever; 10-26-2002 at 11:10 AM.

you know anything about erector shirts?? how do they work?? there legal in alot of feds even single ply for usapl

they're legal in all feds i think even USAPL

they work by just giving you more support in your upper body. Dont know the specifics of it.

Bob Lipinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bench shirt advice that helped me:

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fbulkandpow...picID=51.topic
    "Coaches and athletes need to use an average training program cautiously. Only average athletes, those who are far from excellent, prepare with average methods. A champion is not average, but exceptional."- Vladimir Zatsiorsky

Originally posted by Bob Lipinski
    Bench shirt advice that helped me:

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fbulkandpow...picID=51.topic
    when i get my bench shirt i'll have to give that a shot

breaking in a shirt, one arm an inch smaller then the other...what should i do?

what you could do, is either tell them to custom make it. or order it for your smaller arm, and then wet down the side that your bigger arm is going into, and then put a 5lb plate in there or something to stretch it out.

how do you break a shirt in for meet day, and how would you suggest getting use to it?

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r
    how do you break a shirt in for meet day, and how would you suggest getting use to it?
    starting 3 or 4 weeks out i shirt up a lot, to get a feel for the shirt.. like at least once a week, sometimes twice a week, second time just being for light work

should you max out the next ME day after you get the shirt??? wouldn't this cause tears or something?

Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r
    should you max out the next ME day after you get the shirt??? wouldn't this cause tears or something?
    no , whetehr you put it on, 1 week after you get it, or 12, it'll be the same. aslong as your use it correctly, you shouldnt get any runs or tears.

aslong as your use it correctly
    what if i don't use it correctly why don't you tell me how to use it correctly, whats up with deadlift suits as well, how are they different from squat suits and how can they help you ??

kkey rules to using shirt correctly-
    1) let it warm up on your body for about 5 minutes
    2) make sure its pulled all the way down
    3) dont fight the shirt
    4) dont get in a shirt that is too tight, or else it may blow..
    5) take good care of it

dont know muh about deadlift suits, sry

PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

kkey rules to using shirt correctly-
    1) let it warm up on your body for about 5 minutes
    2) make sure its pulled all the way down
    3) dont fight the shirt
    5) take good care of it

dont know muh about deadlift suits, sry
    Eh, I don't know much about squat suits either..... except I don't like the ones that seem to be made out of one peice of material... its like they aren't reinforced enough or something... I'm not exactly sure how to put it. I usually end up wearing a guy's suit since the girls are usually the kind I don't like. (We are issued our suits about a couple of days before the meet)
    Stats are gone
    Ask o'er msn or aim

Powerlifting is cool ^_^

How many 120lb chics do you know that can bench 145?

umm.. i dont think they manufacture suits that are constructed differently upon gender..

not once has anyone i've talked been asked for their gender when ordering equipment..
    Last edited by Deciever; 11-18-2002 at 06:17 PM.

PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Eh

umm.. i dont think they manufacture suits that are constructed differently upon gender..

not once has anyone i've talked been asked for their gender when ordering equipment..
    Well, there are suits that our coach or whoever purchases for the guys, and there are suits that he purchases for the gals, I usually end up with one of the guys.... Going by my coaches selection.... I noticed at the last meet (hadn't payed too much attention prior then) that the kind of suit I don't like, is worn by most of the chics. Thats where I am getting my little gender references from.
    Stats are gone
    Ask o'er msn or aim

Powerlifting is cool ^_^

How many 120lb chics do you know that can bench 145?

Gettin_Strong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don't think you have any idea about how tight my shirt is lol, deciever what size shirt do you wear??
    wieght: 205
    bench press: 225
    Deadlift: 275
    squat: 215

am i not a strong one? :(

when i first got a shirt i got a 44, went down to a 42(all inzer sizes) and am either going to a 39, or a custom crain shirt

by too tight i mean like abusing the shirt.. i.e. having it take way over your max to touch (we're talking mainly about poly here) (this mainly refers to the heavier lifters where the seams cant support the stress... very rarel y will a shirt blow on a lighter lifter.

Gettin_Strong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my shirt is 48 at 210 lbs its hell getting it to touch, as soon as i unlock my triceps to start the descent its very difficult and it cuts the **** out of my armpits and backs of arms, i took all my mesurements relaxed and then took away 2 inches...oh well i love it gives great support for a single poly
    wieght: 205
    bench press: 225
    Deadlift: 275
    squat: 215

am i not a strong one? :(