Closed Thread
Page 198 of 314 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,940 of 9409
    All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Am no expert either, but the solid gains in your arms and legs and the definition in your shoulders are impressive.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Visceral fat does in fact help stabilize the body during heavy lifts, so I don't really see too much broscience in that one...
    It is just an interesting topic for me. I read about guys who are much heavier than I am who complain about losing strength and energy when they start losing a few pounds on a cut. I guess there could be a lot of reasons for that, though. I intramuscular fat theory has always intrigued me.

Originally Posted by wedjim View Post
    I always wonder why power lifters would not also want to look their best and lose some of that bf. Maybe it costs too much in strength having very low bf?

I wonder what the cut off would be. Some of them look to be in the low 20's in bf. :/
    There was a guy at the gym I used to work at many years ago that competed in power lifting in the 181lb class. The guy was always fairly lean... my guess is he was easily sub 10%. He competed in natty competitions and was one of the few power lifters I knew back in the day who could have easily been ready for a bodybuilding competition within a few weeks.

Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    Maybe you may need to decrease the weight and do micro increases until you get stronger. I too sucked at the shrugs for long time until i did the micro increases.
    My traps are really pretty strong for their size. The thing I am working on is trying to overcome the flat genetic shape they are trying to maintain.

Originally Posted by bruceott View Post
    Looking at the new progress pic, I'm sure today's scheduled measurements will be on target and you'll be ready for your next training stage. I'm looking forward to reading about the next stage's protocol!
    I am happy with the progress. The numbers will be evened out the way I want in two weeks, and I will be ready to rumble with Stage 2. I will post up the details of how I intend to make that next 5 months of positive calorie training play out.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    slow and steady progress....you really got this figgured out man. ....
    As far as I can tell from the measurements I am tracking, I have had a very minimal amount of muscle loss on this stage of the prep. That is the benefit of take a cut very slowly.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Of course, something like this is strictly your call, but there might be some money in this for you. If, in fact the agency in question is on the up-and-up, it might not hurt to take a look.
    One way or another I would like to parlay this fitness thing into some extra money after I retire (which is not that far away). I figure after I get this first show under my belt and make some contacts, I will have a better idea of what I might want to do.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Sorry, Steve, have been MIA in here for a while. Really hate missing a couple of days because all of the good info. Seems I have to back several pages to make sure I didn't miss anything. Progress is impressive and always makes me realize that I need to be more diligent. As somewhat of a noob, am still having to rely too heavily on a coach for nutritional modifications.
    I have really only been at this seriously for about 4 years. In those years, though, I have been very careful to track how my body reacts to certain nutritional changes over that time, but I am still learning, too.

Originally Posted by smharris1971 View Post
    Numbers are looking good brother! You're looking pretty shredded! Keep up the great work! What in inspiration!!
    This is just cut to even things out and ride the wave until August. When August hits, the real shredding begins!

Originally Posted by proud_polack View Post
    Absolutely stellar progress so far! Interested to see what the last two weeks of this phase yield. Keep up the good work
    My guess is close to 4mm on my torso, glutes, and quads. That will still be plenty of fat to get the job done over the next 5 months, yet not have me cutting for too long before my first show in October.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    This ^^ You are much more the scientist about this than I am. A bit of envy - and a ton of respect.
    I know I have said it before, but...Man, I love this stuff! I have been treating my body like a laboratory for 4 years now. I think things are finally starting to pay off.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Steve, I truly appreciate the front row seat to the show. You hold nothing back, and for those paying attention (all of your journal readers, I imagine), something will be learned!
    I believe that is what this whole journal community is about. A respectful place for us all to learn from one another.

The chest /pecs may need a little bit more fullness but maybe thats due to carb depletion, Abs at 31 inches is just out of this world for your age or any age...im jelly.....You need a tan? What? you sound like one of the "Jersey Shore" guys
    I had been focusing on the upper part of my pecs along the clavicles for so long, that the lower portion has lagged behind. I have shored up the hollow areas near the clavicles, so now I am really concentrating on bringing the lower portion up. Only been working on that for about 6 months, so the next 5 months will be critical.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Enjoying the discussion over the last couple of pages, Bo. You already know that I'm a big believer in tracking both subQ and Vfat. Keep up the great work; the study you do now will answer questions that will arise later.
    Over the next 5 months, I will be keeping track of the tape around my waist much more closely that I have in the past. It took me several weeks to get rid of the VAT, and I do not want to have to revisit that part of the cut again late this summer. Really though, I plan to have my nutrition so dialed in that it should not be much of a concern.

New pic looks awesome Steve! The tan part I agree with you on, right there with you. Summer is just around the corner and all the stars will align for sunshine, very soon.
    I am going to experiment with the fake spray on tan a few times this summer to make sure I get it right. Naturally, I am a real pale face so being dark for the first time in my life might actually be kind of fun!

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    Coming out of lurking long enough to say that your progress looks great and you continue to inspire me. That is all.
    Stop lurking and start participating. I would love to have you joining in more often.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    With a fake tan and some oil you'll look legit right now bro! GJSM
    I just want to look like I belong up there in October. Right now I am considering the novice (first time competitors) and the 40-49. I may decide to do the Over 40 Open, but will surely get my butt handed to me there.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Co-signed.

Deadly thickness (the right kind) is starting to develop in the side shots - a rare, and highly valued quality in a natty competitor. Keep pushing for that kind of hourglass silhouette in the side chest shot; all of your progress is moving in that direction to good effect.

Keep playing around with the pose a bit; perhaps wrap the hand higher up the forearm to de-emphasize the arm length; slightly arch the low back, which will help to push out the sternum even more; etc...

Awesome, awesome work...don't stop.
    Thanks for the kind words, my friend. Coming from a seasoned competitor they mean a lot. I am planning on putting up compulsory pose pics in a couple of weeks. Any and all feedback will be welcome.

There is a BIG gain in arms, a solid gain in the legs/calves, as well as a gain in chest. Shoulders look far move developed as far as separations, along with some size.

Imo(srs), a whole new appearance, from athletic and lean, to body builder. Job well done.
    Actually, I was kind of surprised by the difference. The last year of training was better to me than I had realized. I have a lot of expectations for the next five months, so I hope my body does not let me down.

Originally Posted by Swann74 View Post
    Not my area of expertise, but I have to x2 this ^^^^. Great improvement!
    Originally Posted by bruceott View Post
    Congrats on the progress! - ditto ^^^^^^
    Thanks. Hopefully I will get the improvement I am looking for this summer.

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    Great job, very impressive gains. Weight, are you at 177 in the pics?
    Yep. Weighed in at 177lbs Saturday morning and took those pics Saturday afternoon. My best estimate is that once I finish this stage of the cut and go back on a full carb load, my bodyweight will be in the 180lb range until I start the final contest cut. I am hoping to be in the low to mid 170s totally shredded for my first contest.

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    I am no expert but I see gains in the arms. Forearms pop out to me. Your upper body looks thicker as do legs. I know you have written about fat on the quads. While overall leg development is also greater, still not seeing the definition I know you are wanting to see. Very impressive and motivational. Proud of ya Bro!
    My upper legs are holding fat in some strange ways. The fat on the sides of my quads are 2.9mm and around to the front they are holding 6.7mm. Interestingly, the thickest fat his being held on the insides of my knees. Once I tap into that and get rid of it, there should be a fairly dramatic change in the look of my quads from the front.

Nice gains my friend! You're looking awesome!!
    Thanks, Sean!

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Hammies look thicker and I see added thickness at where vastus lateralis flows into the knee. Arms look thicker also. Looks win win to me.
    Thanks, Larry. I have been fairly surprised how well my hammies have responded the work I am doing with the leg curls and the glute ham raises. I was really disappointed that my L5 could not stand up to any type of stiff legged deadlift type work for the hamstrings, but the workarounds seem to be paying off so far. Hopefully it will continue that way.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Am no expert either, but the solid gains in your arms and legs and the definition in your shoulders are impressive.
    Coming from another guy who has been on stage, it means a lot, Bob! I just don't want to let anyone (including myself) down.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    October FTW!!!
    David

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    October FTW!!!
    Well said, David.
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

My Dry Bones Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135650711

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    October FTW!!!
    Well said, David.
    October is a go. I made the final decision and put the wheels in motion on December 26th when I put this stage of the contest prep into motion. I came to the conclusion that as long as I gave myself some wiggle room I could not be fully committed to it. No wiggle room now. I am officially 7 months out.

The next five months of Stage 2 of the prep will be the most fun. I have lots of good things on the agenda to maximize what I get out of that training period. Then I will give myself 10 weeks of final prep time.

I plan to go in looking like this …

…not this.

Chops courtesy of IronCharles. Here is the link to the thread if you have not seen it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2879311&page=1

lulz

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Those are great photochops! I think the good one is Zane. On the latter, the Fail guy is not much behind the rest of the swim team
    David

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    On the latter, the Fail guy is not much behind the rest of the swim team
    x2. Pretty scrawny looking lineup.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    October is a go. I made the final decision and put the wheels in motion on December 26th when I put this stage of the contest prep into motion. I came to the conclusion that as long as I gave myself some wiggle room I could not be fully committed to it. No wiggle room now. I am officially 7 months out....
    Wow....Congrats. I am interested in watching (an learning) as you do your prep. I know what you mean about drawing a line in the sand.

I would wish you good luck....but I dont think you need luck....you already have all the tools in the shed...now just have to apply them!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I would wish you good luck....but I dont think you need luck....you already have all the tools in the shed...now just have to apply them!
    Got to go with ID on this one. I have complete confidence that you will be successful, but it has nothing to do with luck.
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IC bringing the LULZ.

You already don't look like the guy in the Fail pic.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Chops courtesy of IronCharles.
    LOL. The man has dem dere skillz.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    October is a go.

Chops courtesy of IronCharles. Here is the link to the thread if you have not seen it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2879311&page=1

lulz
    Looks more like me than it does BoStevus.

Looking forward to seeing photos of a trophy in October.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rofl

Not sure which is worse, the fail guy who forgot about the nutrition part, or the guy next to him in red who forgot the gym part.

:/
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IN

For October Trophy Pics

Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    IN

For October Trophy Pics
    This. Looking forward to chopping other people's heads onto your physique for motivational posters!

Keep on being a good example of walking the walk, Steve.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Tuesday 3/6/12- Back/Triceps/Abs/Calves "B Week" Rotation

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    13xBW+42 1/2

Dumbbell Rows
    10x95
    10x95
    10x95
    10x95
    12x95

V Grip Pull Ups
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    13xBW+42 1/2

Weighted Tricep Dips
    10x75
    10x75
    10x75
    10x75
    15x75

Reverse Grip Bench Press
    10x202
    10x202
    10x202
    10x202
    10x202

OH Dumbbell Extensions
    10x82 1/2
    10x82 1/2
    10x82 1/2
    10x82 1/2
    10x82 1/2

Hanging Knee Raises-Obliques
    10x10x40
    10x10x40
    10x10x40

Hanging Knee Raises-Abdominals
    10x40
    10x40
    10x40

Decline Crunches
    25xBW
    25xBW
    25xBW

Seated Calf Raises
    10x350
    10x350
    10x350
    10x350
    10x350

Observations
    This particular workout is where I can really feel the added benefits of the regular cardio I have been doing. I feel the benefit most particularly with one arm dumbbell rows. They are for all practical purposes 10 sets at a relatively quick pace. I used to get kind of winded on these, but not any more. I just crank those suckers out now.

Back Workout
    Wide Grip Pull Ups:
    Rep increase day. Wide grip, dropping to a dead stop at the bottom and flaring the lats to bring them out as much as possible. I will increase the weight on these next week.
    Dumbbell Rows:
    Rep increase day. Using a very controlled form with a slow negative to make sure I am working the target portion of the lats.
    V Grip Pull Ups
    Rep increase day. Dead stop at the bottom, and pulling my chest to the grip. This method is almost a mix between a pull-up and a row.

Tricep Workout
    Weighted Tricep Dips:
    Rep increase day. Looking up with the body position as forward as possible to throw as much focus on the triceps as I can. Slow negative, and then explode from the bottom.
    Reverse Grip Bench Press:
    Weight increased by 2lbs. Hands about 15 inches apart, and elbows coming right down along my rib cage. Once again, a slow negative, and then explode from the bottom.
    Dumbbell Extensions
    Weight increased by 2 1/2lbs. I could have done more reps with this one today, but decided to continue to work the plan. The medial head of the triceps got an excellent pump.

Direct Ab Work
    Hanging Knee Raises-Obliques
    Working the right oblique with 10 weighted knee raises, and then switching over to the left oblique. Holding a dumbbell between my knees for added resistance.
    Hanging Knee Raises-Abs
    Knees straight forward. Abs felt toasted by the end of this movement.
    Decline Crunches
    Body weight work to put some additional burn on the abs.

Calf Workout
    Seated Calf Raises:
    Soleus focused work.

Final Thoughts
    Today was a staff development day at school and we spent from 12:30 to 3PM in a World Café rotation activity on Homework and Grading Practices. When we rotated to another table, there was another dessert there for us to try. Believe it or not, I was not even tempted. Right now I am so focused on my goal and the food I eat helping me reach that goal that I did not feel like I was missing out on a thing.

Now, there was a day that I would have tried one of each of the desserts, and probably two of some . Those days are long gone. I have a trophy to win!

smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice tricep dip work, brother! Yeah, and the rest was pretty good too. LOL
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

My first workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229543

Diehard fan!
    Kansas City Royals, Kansas City Chiefs, Missouri Mavericks, Missouri Tigers

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    13xBW+42 1/2

V Grip Pull Ups
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    10xBW+42 1/2
    13xBW+42 1/2
    106 pull-ups at +42.5 lbs.

Mind=Blown

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Final Thoughts
    Today was a staff development day at school and we spent from 12:30 to 3PM in a World Café rotation activity on Homework and Grading Practices. When we rotated to another table, there was another dessert there for us to try. Believe it or not, I was not even tempted. Right now I am so focused on my goal and the food I eat helping me reach that goal that I did not feel like I was missing out on a thing.

Now, there was a day that I would have tried one of each of the desserts, and probably two of some . Those days are long gone. I have a trophy to win!
    very...we dont want you lose lose your trophy..Yes, i know your going to win.
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Those are great photochops! I think the good one is Zane. On the latter, the Fail guy is not much behind the rest of the swim team
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    x2. Pretty scrawny looking lineup.
    rofl

Not sure which is worse, the fail guy who forgot about the nutrition part, or the guy next to him in red who forgot the gym part.

:/
    Yep. That Fail pic has been floating around BB.com for several years. I never really saw anything about the origin of it, though. From what it looks like to me is a lineup of natty teens and a kid who is either trolling or lost a bet. Whatever the story is behind it, obviously the federation in involved was more than willing to take his money.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Wow....Congrats. I am interested in watching (an learning) as you do your prep. I know what you mean about drawing a line in the sand.

Got to go with ID on this one. I have complete confidence that you will be successful, but it has nothing to do with luck.
    I know better than to leave anything up to luck. The only thing I can do is put my best possible product up on stage that day. Like a lot of open, one on one competitions, I cannot control who shows up that day, so all I can control is my diet and training until I get there.

One of the reasons why I work so hard not to miss workouts, skip sets, or cut my training short in any way is because while I am standing up there in what amounts to a tiny pair of skivvies, I want to know that there was nothing else I could have done.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    IC bringing the LULZ.

You already don't look like the guy in the Fail pic.
    Man, I hope not. That guy was a whole lot more than 7 months out.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    LOL. The man has dem dere skillz.
    lol- It took nearly 4 years on BB.com before someone chopped me, but I have finally arrived!

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Looks more like me than it does BoStevus.

Looking forward to seeing photos of a trophy in October.
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    IN

For October Trophy Pics
    very...we dont want you lose lose your trophy..Yes, i know your going to win.
    No pressure . That would be nice, but right now I am working my butt off just to try and stay on the front row.

If you guys have not been to a bodybuilding competition, when there is a large number of competitor in a class they will split them up for judging. The ten or so that have a chance stay on the front row. The others get moved to the back row. Getting moved to that back row is pretty much the kiss of death. Very few guys who initially get moved to the back row get much of a shot in the pre-judging.

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    This. Looking forward to chopping other people's heads onto your physique for motivational posters!

Keep on being a good example of walking the walk, Steve.
    True story. I was looking at the Zane chop when my wife flitted through the room and glanced at the monitor. She said, "You look good in that picture, honey", and then buzzed on to do other momma chores around the house. God love her.

Nice tricep dip work, brother! Yeah, and the rest was pretty good too. LOL
    The tris are feeling it today. The combination of weighted dip, OH dumbbell presses, and decline reverse grip bench really hit the tris hard. I was reading out in the open forum where guys were saying that reverse grip bench works the upper portion of their pecs. I do not feel it anywhere except the tris. Maybe that is because I do them on a 30 degree decline.

106 pull-ups at +42.5 lbs.

Mind=Blown
    What is blowing my mind is how well my forearm tendons are holding up to the high volume back work. So far, so good. I have a de-load coming up next week. Physically, I do not have any minor injuries that I need to let heal, but mentally I am ready to get this portion of the cut done, re-tool, and get the next stage started.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its
    about
    damn
    time!

-this will change your life for the good foreverafter

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes Steve! October...can't wait!

Thursday 3/8/12- Shoulders/Traps/Calves "B Week" Rotation

Seated Overhead Barbell Press
    10x207
    10x207
    10x207
    10x207
    10x207

Barbell Front Raises
    10x60
    10x60
    10x60
    10x60

DB Lateral Raises/Front Raise Combo
    10x10x26
    10x10x26
    10x10x26
    12x12x26

Bent Lateral Raises
    10x47
    10x47
    10x47
    10x47

Medium Grip Barbell Shrugs
    10x320
    10x320
    10x320
    10x320
    12x320

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs
    10x110
    10x110
    10x110
    10x110
    12x110

Narrow Stance Hack Squats
    10x305
    10x305
    10x305
    10x305
    10x305

Calf Presses
    25x415
    25x415
    25x415
    25x415

Observations
    If you think of yourself as a BODYBUILDER, I want you to consider this: The weight you use is just a tool to stimulate hypertrophy... not a badge of honor.

Over the last eleven weeks I have cajoled the weights, massaged them, and micro-loaded as little as 1/2lb to continue forward progress. Never once was I concerned about the amount of weight I was using with the exception of simply trying to make the muscles work harder than they did the week before. This was my only measure of success. As far as the overall amount of weight I was using... Not a single frick was given.

**END STAGE 1 OF THE CONTEST PREP/CUT**

Shoulder Workout
    Seated Overhead Barbell Press:
    Weight increased by 2lbs. The delts are continuing to feel strong on this opening lift.
    Barbell Front Raises:
    Weight increased by 3lbs. Very narrow grip on this one to isolate the front delts as much as possible. Raising the bar to just above shoulder level, and then controlling a slow negative for the burn.
    DB Lateral Raises/ Front Raise Combo:
    Rep increase day. Ten lateral raises followed by ten front raises. 12 and 12 on the fifth set.
    Bent Lateral Raises:
    Weight increased by 1lb. Chest supported at a 30 degree angle. Concentrating on pulling the dumbbells up with the elbows, forcing the work to be done by the rear delts.

Trap Workout
    Medium Grip Barbell Shrugs:
    Rep increase day. Chest supported at a 45 degree angle forcing the traps to pull a little more to the rear. Holding and squeezing at the top.
    Seated Dumbbell Shrugs:
    Rep increase day. Performed seated on my SuperBench at an 80 degree angle to focus on the height of the traps. Dumbbells pulled around to the back slightly to add more emphasis to the top of the traps.

Legs
    Narrow Stance Hack Squats:
    I am really trying to emphasize the outer quad with this one.
    Calf Presses:
    My third calf session of the week. Hi rep work with the feet together and toes straight forward to hit the belly of the calves.

Final Thoughts
    **This was my last training session on a calorie deficit until August**

The preliminary measurements taken this week show me that I am at the goal I set for this stage of the contest prep. There is no benefit in taking my body fat any lower. I got this stage completed in 11 weeks... three weeks longer than I originally estimated, but one week shy of my re-estimated completion date.

I will post final body stats Saturday morning, and begin introducing maintenance level calories. Now the fun begins!

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I will post final body stats Saturday morning, and begin introducing maintenance level calories. Now the fun begins!
    Are you sticking with maintenance or adding a few extra calories for mucle building? If so how many?
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Observations
    If you think of yourself as a BODYBUILDER, I want you to consider this: The weight you use is just a tool to stimulate hypertrophy... not a badge of honor.

Over the last eleven weeks I have cajoled the weights, massaged them, and micro-loaded as little as 1/2lb to continue forward progress. Never once was I concerned about the amount of weight I was using with the exception of simply trying to make the muscles work harder than they did the week before. This was my only measure of success. As far as the overall amount of weight I was using... Not a single frick was given.
    Some wisdom here that many need to learn.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Its
    about
    damn
    time!

-this will change your life for the good foreverafter
    ^^^ this x the power of a billion suns.

I'm more "in" than the gif that FLEX posted.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is so true, but old habits can be hard to break. I've been doing reverse pyramids on some exercises, and I know that my MMC is better on the second and third sets as the "bro in me" wants a good number for set #1.

I really like the approach that you're taking between now and October. No way to confirm this, but I've got to believe that you'll be less stressed 15 weeks out than the guys who are 5 weeks into a cut with still more than 20# of chub to go
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000) wedjim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brains and Brawn....good stuff in here.

I am really surprised how many folks are willing to give up the hard work to use higher numbers and cut down the rom to "feel better" about their efforts. Even some of the big guys do it, but never the truly impressive ones.
    "Where you are now is not important, what matters is where you are headed".

What will be your legacy?

proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proud_polack is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Before we keep going on about high weights without perfect MMC, bros, and the like, let's remember there's a difference between bros and powerlifters
    3rd Year Doctor of Physical Therapy Student

Ron Paul 2012
    R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)

love this...should be your title
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Closed Thread
Page 198 of 314 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 ... LastLast