Rasterman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Proven supplements without side effects

I'm looking for proven supps with no or minimal side effects, here is what I am taking so far:

Creatine
    BCAA
    HMB
    L-Glycine

I was looking at adding CLA but it seems it possibly has some pretty bad side effects. Are there any other obvious supps I am missing?

Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Street-dreams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rasterman View Post
    I'm looking for proven supps with no or minimal side effects, here is what I am taking so far:

Creatine
    BCAA
    HMB
    L-Glycine

I was looking at adding CLA but it seems it possibly has some pretty bad side effects. Are there any other obvious supps I am missing?
    fishoil
    beta allanine
    citruline malate
    Supporter of the Blueprint

vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glucosamine

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Street-dreams View Post
    fishoil
    beta allanine
    citruline malate
    Technically paresthesia caused by beta-alanine is a side effect. Thats why this thread isnt going to go very far. Depending on what someone considers to be a side just about every product will have one. Its whether or not you consider that to be a negative or unsafe.

Creatine causes water retention.

Fish oil can cause the sh*ts etc etc etc.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

rmcdcfc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Possibly thermocuts?

Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    Technically paresthesia caused by beta-alanine is a side effect. Thats why this thread isnt going to go very far. Depending on what someone considers to be a side just about every product will have one. Its whether or not you consider that to be a negative or unsafe.

Creatine causes water retention.

Fish oil can cause the sh*ts etc etc etc.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm researching them...

Side effects which are deal breakers for me are chronic or permanent issues, severe health issues such as those dealing with the heart and organs. Temporary or simple effects such as water retention or bowel changes I would consider minimal and worth trying out the supplement for, I think most would agree.

SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SoManyHamsters is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    onion oil

Originally Posted by rmcdcfc88 View Post
    Possibly thermocuts?
    thanks for the suggestion, but it contains a laundry list of ingredients, some of which have potentially serious side effects (CLA), I would rather build my supp stack from scratch with proven supps, many of the extracts included are unknown if they do any good or harm.

Registered User Muscledominatrx's Avatar
    Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    poop
    Lift-Current/Goal
    Bench-405/700
    Squat-495/805
    Deadlift-585/845
    ***ALL RAW, NO STRAPS CHALK , BELT OR OTHER BS****

Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm researching them...

Side effects which are deal breakers for me are chronic or permanent issues, severe health issues such as those dealing with the heart and organs. Temporary or simple effects such as water retention or bowel changes I would consider minimal and worth trying out the supplement for, I think most would agree.
    Then you should be ok with most quality products. What specific goal are you working towards currently?
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Originally Posted by Street-dreams View Post
    fishoil
    beta allanine
    citruline malate
    Thanks Doesn't sound like citruline is proven though:
    thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/citrulline-malate.htm

beta allanine
    poweringmuscles.com/Sports-Science-30,Beta-alanine_Falls_Flat_In_New_Study.html
    poweringmuscles.com/Sports-Science-63,More_Negative_Results_For_Beta-alanine.html
    poweringmuscles.com/Sports-Science-49,Beta-alanine_Boosts_Strength-endurance.html
    Last edited by Rasterman; 01-10-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snobum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What bad side effects does CLA have? Wife was thinking of trying it.

Originally Posted by vabyss View Post
    Glucosamine
    Thanks, did some research and found nothing but good things, ordered!

Originally Posted by Snobum View Post
    What bad side effects does CLA have? Wife was thinking of trying it.
    Due to the studies below and the fact that I couldn't find any human trails there is no point in taking it for me, I am a firm believer that most of the supplements on the market do little to nothing, and many have side effects that aren't worth the intended effect of the supplement usually. Hell we still don't even know if vitamins are useful! LOL. Billions are spent on them, millions take them, there are studies done with results going both ways, the good news is they don't appear to have negative side effects so most people still take them, even though they very well may be flushing their money down the toilet.

The placebo effect can have drastic effects on supplement use results, basically unless it has been tested in a double blind test with placebo, I doubt the results. And even with a good trail and good test results they are sometimes dubious, unless there are many trails will the same results the supplement may still be dubious. Which is why its so hard to find proven supplements, most of the time the trails are sponsored by a patent holder so those trials are usually invalid as well.

Also remember it is only a supplement, without proper diet and exercise its worthless. Most supplements are supposed to enhance the results of diet and exercise and people depend too much on the supplement to do the work, when in fact its probably only supporting your motivation, which is fine. But realize the hard work (diet and exercise) is 90-99% of the results you are seeing. Anything that is powerful enough to effect you without diet and exercise is not going to be over the counter, and is probably not going to be nearly as safe or last.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cla

There are concerns that the use of CLA supplements by overweight people may tend to cause or to aggravate insulin resistance, which may increase their risk of developing diabetes.

In 2006, a study by the US Department of Agriculture suggested that CLA can induce essential fatty acid redistribution in mice. Changes in docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA) levels were observed in some organs. For instance, the t10,c12 CLA reduced the DHA content of heart tissue by 25%, while in the spleen, DHA content rose, and AA fell. DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid important to cardiovascular health and the dramatic reduction of DHA in heart tissue can have serious health consequences. In contrast, c9,t11 CLA did not alter DHA content in the heart, but did reduce spleen DHA slightly.[7] A study of CLA supplementation (equal amounts of c9,t11 and t10,c12) in hatchling chicks (2005) showed high mortality and low hatchability rates among CLA-supplemented groups, and also a decrease in brain DHA levels of CLA-treated chicks [1]. These studies raise the question of whether CLA may increase the risk of cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases, but it has yet to be established whether such changes occur in humans, and whether they are clinically relevant.
    Last edited by Rasterman; 01-10-2011 at 08:28 AM.

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cissus
    Xtend
    Protein
    Sperm
    Creatine
    chicken
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Reps for life: Iccyman001, Janky
    ---
    --

thanks.

Originally Posted by VendettaV2b View Post
    Cissus
    patented, no trials found, unproven, probably made to sell.

Xtend
    stack of other proven, already taking most of them.

Protein
    Sperm
    Creatine
    chicken
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    check,check,check,check,check,check

Insert custom user title mark118's Avatar
    mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000)
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cla

There are concern.
    i wouldnt rely on wiki for your info
    ** I rep back **

If I havent repped back within a week, PM me, i'm on recharge now but working n it

Virus and BS Free Jeff the Repper's Avatar
    Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Creatine
    BCAA
    HMB
    L-Glycine

There is no real problem with CLA, last I read you can take up to 9 grams a day with no issues. I prefer to supplement with fish oil ( CL Oximega ) but it is your choice.

As for HMB biggest side effect it had was on my wallet.
    BS and Virus free