Thread: Athlean-X

Gavb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Athlean-X

Has any purchased the 90 day training programme?

If so, is it worth it?

Watching the Youtube videos, it seems really good.

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The name is oddly reminiscient of P90x. They could've come up with a more original title.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're just starting out, don't do it. There are some fresh ideas in athlean x, but it's mainly a gimmick for people who type 'taylor lautner abs' into google. Stick to more fundamental stuff early on

jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerseylifter28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

AthLEAN-X is totally solid

Gimmick?? The guy that created the program is David Wright's trainer, served as a strength coach in MLB and is a physical therapist. He's less of a gimmick than ANY of the other guys online.

I bought it and love it. By far the most creative and unique approach to training I've tried and it was good in that I actually added muscle and lost some fat while doing it instead of having to choose one.

For my money, I'd recommend it. Certainly no gimmick though. That's all I'm saying.

theripper1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Athlean-x

Originally Posted by jerseylifter28 View Post
    Gimmick?? The guy that created the program is David Wright's trainer, served as a strength coach in MLB and is a physical therapist. He's less of a gimmick than ANY of the other guys online.

I bought it and love it. By far the most creative and unique approach to training I've tried and it was good in that I actually added muscle and lost some fat while doing it instead of having to choose one.

For my money, I'd recommend it. Certainly no gimmick though. That's all I'm saying.
    Well i just purchased "Athlean-x" just out of curiosity and my firs impression is not WOW.We all know that Elite Athletes not train for only 30-40 min a day .Everyone who stays at the gym 30-40 min and do good intensity workout and follow proper meal plan will get results in 90 days.Jeff definitely got some great split workouts and thats why i will give it a shot .Sometimes little change in your workout can take u out of the plateau .

Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just starting out and have been eyeing this program very closely. Mainly because he maintains the attention with interesting video updates that fully explain techniques and why they are effective.

Would like to hear some more feedback if anyone else has tried this out. More importantly, is it suited for a complete beginner, granted that the proper form of the required exercises are worked on first.

anonymous
    What is the point of u buying it? Like what is your goal

Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pottertons will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Silverback1996 View Post
    What is the point of u buying it? Like what is your goal
    Being that i'm a beginner, i just basically want to build strength, flexibility and endurance.

TLaw888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go to youtube and look at his videos to learn to do it right. If you need a clean diet just search that as well. There is no reason to have someone tell you the same stuff that is out there for free. If I am not mistaken his program is around 100 or something. Good luck and his videos on youtube are great.

raveled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gavb8 View Post
    Has any purchased the 90 day training programme?

If so, is it worth it?

Watching the Youtube videos, it seems really good.
    It's worth it. I can't help but notice the astounding number of clueless idiots in this forum who claim to know something, and are trying to bestow their "wisdom". Being a muscle-head or juice monkey doesn't have ANY correlation with IQ or knowledge.

I started bodybuilding at about 15, and did it most years from then until now ( 49 in 9 days ) I just started Athlean Xero and the first day kicked my ass ( rather my triceps and chest ) in about 5 minutes. It's not conventional bodybuilding, it's far more functional and well rounded, and more intense than weights.

Any fool here who claims that Cavalier doesn't know what he's talking about, doesn't know what they're talking about.

The ONLY reason I decided to try this program is because, as someone who knows what I'm talking about ( after 30 plus years of person fitness research / reading and real life testing ). It's too early to decisively say whether I have or will gain much muscle, but it's likely as good for muscle gain and far better for all around fitness than bodybuilding has or ever will be. I'm speaking as someone who's done almost nothing BUT bodybuilding for most of the last 34 years.

For reasons most people here would not know or be aware of I've gained much less muscle than my efforts and strength would suggest. Few people have the genetic propensity toward the level of protein synthesis of Arnold ( juiced or not ), and sadly many who do mistake genetics they didn't earn and their visible success as knowledge rather than what it is ( high protein synthesis capacity &/or testosterone responsiveness ). Some of the most impressive physiques I've ever seen belonged to the most ignorant, or downright stupid bodybuilders nay humans I've ever met. BTW their poor form and technique was worse than their IQ:-?

Tim

P.S. If you haven't actually tested it, at best it's an opinion ( informed or otherwise ) not an empirically tested statement. All the people who claim this or anything as "junk"... should try one of his many free youtube workouts, and WHEN you're incapable of finishing it, come back here and say something that's informed.

P.P.S. I have no affiliation with Jeff Cavalier, and would be the first person to bust him or any scam program, supplement ( almost all ), or piece if equipment.

choleka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to jump in and offer my two cents. Before getting called out, I did just create an account on here mostly to defend the program. I was just browsing around on the internet and ran into a lot of bashing of Jeff and his program on this forum. I have thought much higher of Jeff than any book I have read, video I have seen, or anything and was surprised with his credentials that he was being compared to Mike Chang and being bashed so badly. Most of the bad seemed to come from 2010-2012 and it appears that there is a lot more good posted in the last year about him. I just wanted to share what the program has done for me and I am willing to offer up before/after pictures if necessary to help legitimize my backing of the program (not that I am done with the 3 month program yet). I also noticed in one thread that a mod offered that someone should try a free program from this site rather than buying Athlean X. I was going to take a short break once I complete the three months and go back to what I was doing for a little time to see my improvements before hitting the program again. I would consider trying a program on here if anyone wants to point one out to me that would be good for someone who does all of his workouts at home with mainly DBs, bench, and pull up bar as I would be all for comparing them.

I am now 30 and lifted for many years through high school and college. I am naturally small, but not someone that started the program with no lifting experience and I was in pretty good shape when I started the program. I entered high school at 100 lbs. I worked my ass off to get to 5'9" 155 lbs by the time I graduated high school. I never had much luck building my chest as much as I tried it always lacked behind everything else in growth. After college, I got married had kids and got out of the routine, jumped to 194 lbs and wasn't in very good shape. I got talked into doing P90x, which had its benefits, but I really wish I would have found Athlean X first. I dropped a lot of weight, got lean, ripped, and in really good shape in less than the 90 days before I quit to focus on more just lifting and trying to bulk up. P90X was fine, but I want to get bigger and not just really lean. I started doing a lot of research online, reading books, and watching videos. The main one that taught me the most was watching Jeff's Athlean X videos which always made me interested, but I didn't want to spend the money on a program when I knew a lot about building muscle and setting up a good program already. The problem was that after a good year of lifting I really plateaued for a few months and just couldn't get over the hump. Having always been athletic and into sports I wanted to incorporate some more athletic type of training and that is what ultimately pushed me to try Athlean X.

I skipped the introductory program AX-1 and started with AX-2.

When I started the program I was 5'9 162 lbs. Here I am about 2.5 months in and I now weigh 167 lbs and although I haven't checked my bf% in the mirror I believe that I have dropped a little body fat at the same time. My chest has also developed like crazy since I started the program.

Now, I know that purchasing Athlean X is far from essential and there is no crazy secret to gaining muscle/getting lean, which Jeff has mentioned many times in his videos, but he does offer a ton of great knowledge and tweaks that certainly can benefit pretty much anyone. I was doing a lot of the same workouts in the program that I made up for myself, but what I believe has been what has benefited me the most is changing up from week to week between the different types of training that his program offers.
    Last edited by choleka; 05-25-2016 at 06:32 AM.

STacomaGansta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mark Riptoe with Starting Strength and Jeff Cavaliere with AthleanX are professional marketers. Who do you think writes all those positive reviews about starting Strength and AthleanX? Why everytime you do a google search for starting strength or AthleanX you get about 60 different sights that are all infomercials giving very high reviews? If these guys truly had something worth while tons of people would take there valuable advice and repost it on the internet in there own words.

I only watched one of Jeff Cavaliere's infomercial videos and realized he was full of SH**. In his video he says leg curls are dangerous and should never be performed and in the next sentence he says glute-ham raises are one of the best exercises around. Glute-ham raises the way he performs them in his video are just reverse leg curls. When you perform leg curls you hold the upper leg stationary and curl the lower leg towards it. When you perform Glute-ham raises the way he did in his infomercial video you hold your lower leg stationary and curl the upper leg towards it. Both are knee flexion exercises.

If you still don't believe he is full of Sh** I would suggest you do this little experiment for yourself. First perform leg curls and then perform glute-ham raises the way he suggests. You will find out that the glute ham raise puts far more stress on your knee joint ligaments than the leg curl machine. Don't worry both are safe.
    Note: One of Jeff Cavalieres marketing ploys is to say something outrageous (like leg curls are dangerous) to get your attention.

Not everything these guys say is wrong it is just nothing special.