NateFlanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Why am I so tired? Body feels sluggish.

hey guys, names Nate. New here to BB.

Well, I recently (3/4 months ago) got back into the gym and a healthy lifestyle.

Lately though, I've been SO tired in the mornings with loss of all energy and motivation. Which is not good because I own a cell phone store. I've got to be alive to interact with customers and progress this business as well as my health!

This is basically my diet:
    Water
    Juice
    Rice
    Chicken/Fish/Steak
    Veggies
    Fruits

Supplements I'm taking:
    Coromega omega 3 pack 1 time a day
    Animal Pack multis 1 time a day
    Trutein shake 2-3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch, after workout)
    BCAA capsules 30 mins before workout
    NoXplode before workout
    Heaping scoop of creatine mono before and after workout in grape juice

I go to the gym 4-5 nights a week at 7PM

I can't seem to snap out of it, I wake up exhausted. Throughout the day I find myself zoning out at my desk in my office for HOURS at a time. Not wanting to get up, not wanting to get out there. I'm definitely not lazy, my body literally feels restricted. I'm missing the motivation I used to have in my business and my day.

Any advice? Any foods I might be missing in my diet? Something I may need to cut out?

Thanks guys

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First of all you have virtually no fat in your diet. That's probably doing it, because your hormones will go all out of whack.

Secondly, you seem to rely a lot on supps, and you seem to also time them Supps are for supplementation you shouldn't be needing the daily. Timing is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Coromega omega 3 pack 1 time a day This will help your fats
    Animal Pack multis 1 time a day This should only be needed when your diet is micronutrient deficient
    Trutein shake 2-3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch, after workout) Not needed unless you have trouble getting your protein intake
    BCAA capsules 30 mins before workout Once again not really needed
    NoXplode before workout If you need a kick to start your workout that's fine, or you could drink coffee and have the same effect
    Heaping scoop of creatine mono before and after workout in grape juice If you'd like to take creatine and it helps you that's fine, but once again not absolutely neccesary
    Always learning, Always growing, Never satisfied

5 Rep Maxes(Last improvement 1/15/14):

Deads:365
    Bench:215
    Squat:275

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    First of all you have virtually no fat in your diet. That's probably doing it, because your hormones will go all out of whack.

Secondly, you seem to rely a lot on supps, and you seem to also time them Supps are for supplementation you shouldn't be needing the daily. Timing is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Coromega omega 3 pack 1 time a day This will help your fats
    Animal Pack multis 1 time a day This should only be needed when your diet is micronutrient deficient
    Trutein shake 2-3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch, after workout) Not needed unless you have trouble getting your protein intake
    BCAA capsules 30 mins before workout Once again not really needed
    NoXplode before workout If you need a kick to start your workout that's fine, or you could drink coffee and have the same effect
    Heaping scoop of creatine mono before and after workout in grape juice If you'd like to take creatine and it helps you that's fine, but once again not absolutely neccesary
    My fat intake is low, what do you suggest (as far as foods) that is a good fat intake? As I listed my diet earlier, that is literally all I'm eating.
    My main goal is to lose excess fat while still gaining mass.

My protein intake is hard as I don't get many chances to eat in the shop, same goes for the foods that supply my micronutrient's (Hence the multis)

The NoXplode has only become a recent thing because of my energy level being so low. I used to be full of natural energy.

The creatine does help, I noticed a jump in mass after starting it.

deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deefieh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any information on how much calories in total you consume?

I've made the mistake last summer by eating too little (and without fat), I was getting more tired, not wanting anything, lack of positivity and I eventually got irritated really really quickly.
    Like the guy above me said, not enough fat. Natural peanut butter and salmon are cheap and good sources of fat!
    The beginning

Originally Posted by deefieh View Post
    Any information on how much calories in total you consume?

I've made the mistake last summer by eating too little (and without fat), I was getting more tired, not wanting anything, lack of positivity and I eventually got irritated really really quickly.
    Like the guy above me said, not enough fat. Natural peanut butter and salmon are cheap and good sources of fat!
    Yeah, it seems I've cut out any good fats completely. I think that may be my ticket to the energy crisis.
    I'll post this evening my exact calorie count.

Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    make sure you are getting enough iron in your diet as well. low blood count can make you super sluggish
    Watch My Weight Loss Journey
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MeOnlyBetter2013

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anything that has fat is a good source of fat barring artificial trans fats.

You don't seem to grasp nutrition very well(and I don't mean to come off as a jerk when I say that.)

I recommend reading the stickies and understanding how to better construct your diet and then come back if you have any more questions.

Also if you have trouble eating at work why not eat when it's more convenient?

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    Anything that has fat is a good source of fat barring artificial trans fats.

You don't seem to grasp nutrition very well(and I don't mean to come off as a jerk when I say that.)

I recommend reading the stickies and understanding how to better construct your diet and then come back if you have any more questions.

Also if you have trouble eating at work why not eat when it's more convenient?
    Agreed.

After reading the stickies if you ask people for fats recommendations I can almost guarantee some of the first will probably be natty Pb, flax seed oil and olive oil. As TE mentioned though your options are pretty limitless - sans artificial trans fats. Overall though, your nutrition isn't really in line so it'd do you good to get that in order, figure out where all the holes are and then fix them.

Also...how much sleep are you getting and is it feeling like restful sleep? I agree that fat intake and other nutrition based causes are pretty suspect here but you also need to make sure you get enough sleep to begin with.
    The Journey (PL log) - /showthread.php?t=167321531
    IG - kaischafroth

148/67.5 sleeved
    Best Lifts - S: 375/170 B: 225/102 D: 465/210
    Last Meet - S: 375/170 B: 210/95.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 10/22/16
    First Meet - S: 347/157.5 B: 204/92.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 11/07/15

PAST LOGS/REVIEWS - /showthread.php?t=168726943

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NateFlanders View Post
    My fat intake is low, what do you suggest (as far as foods) that is a good fat intake?
    Ice cream. Srs.

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whole milk, full fat cheese, eggs, peanut butter.....lots of things.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Originally Posted by KaiSchafroth View Post
    Also...how much sleep are you getting and is it feeling like restful sleep? I agree that fat intake and other nutrition based causes are pretty suspect here but you also need to make sure you get enough sleep to begin with.
    My sleep is actually pretty awful. I'm extremely restless when I sleep. I wake up throughout the night often.

As far as the stickies, I'm all over them right now.

I appreciate it guys.

My sleep is actually pretty awful. I'm extremely restless when I sleep. I wake up throughout the night often.

I appreciate it guys.
    No problem if you eat fix the fat intake and still have issues see a doc. That'd be your beat option

-The Big Sleep

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you train in the evening the caffiene from the noxplode could be whats keeping you restless. did for me. I also found eating after 9pm was no good

skselan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reading the stickies is a great start, and the knowledge is really vital to anyone trying to learn nutrition...but i feel like you already sort of know your answer. Sure you could be hitting your macros with the diet you listed, but it also seems like itd be SUPER easy to be under eating with only those few foods listed. I personally notice a HUGE energy crash when for whatever reason i havent eaten in awhile. Also there is a big difference in tossing and turning for 8hrs, and actually sleeping. Take a unisom, or try some other sleep aid if it gets bad enough, and try not taking any caffeine within 5hrs of sleep. Try taking a really hot shower before bed, and make sure its dark in the room...going days with even restless sleep can just crush your energy levels. Ive been deployed for about 5 months now and average like 4-5hrs..of restless..sleep a day, and i can tell you im absolutely in zombie mode and getting a decent workout is like searching for the white unicorn these days..sleep is everything.