GetGoing50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow P90x? For a thin guy?

I am 5'8 150 pounds. I am a pretty thin guy. I want to build some muscle and put on some mass. I find whenever i go to the gym I lose interest quickly, the last thing i wanna do when i get home from work is go drive to the gym. I feel as if i had a program at home i would be more dedicated.

I am researching P90x and it seems like a good program for what i want to do. All of the testimonials seem to be from overwight guys turning their fat into muscle. Does anyone have any experience with P90x? Can this work for me?

Thanks

metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) metallic806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is a great program. You can do it and gain muscle mass but you will need to modify the program. I have done a regular round of P90X as well as a modified Mass Building round. Once you get the program PM me and I will be happy to let you know what to do. I got great results with the modified round.

STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GetGoing50 View Post
    I am 5'8 150 pounds. I am a pretty thin guy. I want to build some muscle and put on some mass. I find whenever i go to the gym I lose interest quickly, the last thing i wanna do when i get home from work is go drive to the gym. I feel as if i had a program at home i would be more dedicated.

I am researching P90x and it seems like a good program for what i want to do. All of the testimonials seem to be from overwight guys turning their fat into muscle. Does anyone have any experience with P90x? Can this work for me?

Thanks
    My understanding of the P90x workout is for more MASS FRIENDLY guys looking to cut-up while still strengthening. I dont know if this would be the best idea for a smaller guy IMO. Just research it before you get into anything.

sylvainh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

About you're p90x modified program

Originally Posted by metallic806 View Post
    It is a great program. You can do it and gain muscle mass but you will need to modify the program. I have done a regular round of P90X as well as a modified Mass Building round. Once you get the program PM me and I will be happy to let you know what to do. I got great results with the modified round.

Hi i just got P90x and p90x+ program also a set of 52.5 pounds adjustable weights and pullup bar. I was wondering if you could tell me about you're muscle building modification plan. I'm around 143 pounds 5.9 feet so i'm a skinny but fit guy. Thanks man :P

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    its more for fat loss, try buying equipment for home, its cheaper in the long run. just get an adjustable bench with a squat rack and about an olympic barbell set with some dumbbells. it gives you 300ibs to start with. then try this
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

maadu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up work out program

I actually have the same issue as well. I'm 160 pounds and am 5'11.5 and would like to gain a bit more size and mass while still maintaining a sense of leanness. I am a month into the program and find it difficult to get past 165 pounds, i can keep up with all the routines however find that i am loosing my size that i previously had from when i used to go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. Any suggestions on how i can attain gains while still being cut?

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by maadu View Post
    I actually have the same issue as well. I'm 160 pounds and am 5'11.5 and would like to gain a bit more size and mass while still maintaining a sense of leanness. I am a month into the program and find it difficult to get past 165 pounds, i can keep up with all the routines however find that i am loosing my size that i previously had from when i used to go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. Any suggestions on how i can attain gains while still being cut?
    If you want to gain mass, find a different program. This expensive fad routine might not be for you.

maadu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow

Originally Posted by Koaia View Post
    If you want to gain mass, find a different program. This expensive fad routine might not be for you.
    Any suggestions on how i can incorporate the two together? More specifically in terms of my abs and cardio portion?

ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am 5'8 150 pounds. I am a pretty thin guy. I want to build some muscle and put on some mass.
    Thanks
    Lift weights and consume a lot of Whey Protein. Make sure to take your before workout shake with a fruit, and post workout double protein shake with a high carb treat like gummy bears and some creatine. I use a creatine mix that has a high sugar fruit punch mix from Wal-Mart and made by Six Star. Since you are so thin, you may be afraid of mass building whey protein supplements. Do not be, they are very healthy for you if you are lifting, and your body needs to rebuild your muscles after a workout.

Results will start to show very fast, probably in a month if you are lifting 3-4 times a week for a good hard hour.

FYI: I used to be 6'1" and 155 lb. I am talking from my own experience.

CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CooknSoul163 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Check out mark'sdailyapple.com

dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgarner58 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    p90x is difficult to put on mass with simply because it burns A LOT of calories. you will need to drop a day of their cardio and supplement it with an additional strength workout and eat like a hoss if you want to gain mass on it. i think it's pretty retarded that people call it a fad workout etc - when in actuality there is not too much fad'ish about it other than there is an infomercial for it. the workouts are tried and true exercises with solid backgrounds. many people have done the type of stuff on there for years and it works. it's hard work though. it isn't a "get fit easy" type of thing. it's 1hr a day 6x a week - which is a big commitment for most people.

in short - you can do it...but you need to modify it slightly and you need to eat...A LOT. those workouts smoke around 700 calories per...on average with plyo capable of burning well over 1000 cals if you do it with proper intensity.

SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupermotoChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I completed p90x and it is much more about burning calories and building lean mass. You got some good advice from dgarner58. I would look at a different program if you want to bulk. It is a GREAT foundation though.

kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate View Post
    Lift weights and consume a lot of Whey Protein. Make sure to take your before workout shake with a fruit, and post workout double protein shake with a high carb treat like gummy bears and some creatine. I use a creatine mix that has a high sugar fruit punch mix from Wal-Mart and made by Six Star. Since you are so thin, you may be afraid of mass building whey protein supplements. Do not be, they are very healthy for you if you are lifting, and your body needs to rebuild your muscles after a workout.

Results will start to show very fast, probably in a month if you are lifting 3-4 times a week for a good hard hour.

FYI: I used to be 6'1" and 155 lb. I am talking from my own experience.
    Not to hate on you but you are a bit off on a few things. Excessive protein intake does not lead to gains..Nor do all these "shakes" you speak of.

Your before workout shake should be whatever meal you had prior to working out may it be breakfast or lunch, hell even fasted is fine.

After you work out is a different story, you want a quick shot of protein, complex and simple carbs, but not from crap sources.

Example:
    1 scoop of ON 100%whey
    1/4 cup old fashioned oats(ground down in a blender)
    small handful of dried apricots

Get all of your calroies from whole foods if possible. You dont need to go high protein, just enough to make sure you aren't losing muscle, enough healthy fats, and the rest is up to you. You can eaiher eat crap for a bulk where u put on body fat too or man up and do a clean bulk where you put on 1-2 lbs a week of muscle. You gotta eat like a champ tho.

Oatmeal
    Sirlion
    Chicken
    EGGS!
    good fats like penut butter, almond butter avocados etc

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CooknSoul163 View Post
    Check out mark'sdailyapple.com
    No one has posted in this thread in over a year and you bumped it to link some bull**** website that is completely unrelated to the topic?
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Irish0583 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    Look my friend... you are going to get a bunch of BS messages from meatheads who think you're not "ripped" until you can't fit into a xxx-large shirt. The truth is that if you want to get in shape, put on some lean muscle, and display definition, P90X is a great workout. However, like a previous poster said, you may need to modify the workout routine a little to suit your needs (I would suggest doing this after you complete one round of following the workout verbatim). Take it from me -- I am about 5'8" and 145 pounds, but every pound on me is defined muscle. Make sure to use protein supplements and eat properly and, if you're not trying to look like the Incredible Hulk, but instead want to look like a lean, fit individual, P90X can definitely do it for you. Examples: if you want to look like Arnold in the first Terminator movie, P90X isn't your routine. If you want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, P90X is what you need.

UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50) UltimateAeroSSC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks
    Wouldn't do it. Pretty sure it helps with weight loss and getting "in shape" but you aren't going to get bulky or anything off of it. Perhaps buy a home gym setup? You need to lift heavy things to pack on mass.

†ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) †ØrÇh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by UltimateAeroSSC View Post
    You need to lift heavy things to pack on mass.
    So what's stopping you from lifting heavy while doing P90X? Why can't you curl 30 lb dumbbells, for example (or whatever weight you feel is heavy enough)? There are many exercises that would require you to lift heavy while doing P90X. Even Tony Horton says lift heavy and 8-10 reps only if you want to bulk up.

I know this is an old thread (dunno who bumped it) but for skinny guys looking to bulk up using P90X and happen to see this thread, go here - link

Here's the dude's transformation:

If that body looks "big" enough for you then go to his thread and read through the thousands of posts. If you want Arnold Schwarzenegger type-body, forget about P90X... it will never happen.

sactech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I would like to hear about modified program

I am a skinny guy (not much muscle) and I have p90x and have never used it, but I want lean muscle a nice chest and a noticable 6 pack like the guys in the link below. What did you do?

Foxboyjm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im 16

Ive done p90x twice now I took a lot of whey protein and was on a very high calorie diet and it worked for me I could barely bench 125 when I started and im way past that now so yes it works for a skinny guy if I can do it im sure you can to and im only 16

zethy91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does the modified mass building round look like? I'm probably going to start in a week or so.