Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ggdograa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post
    You really should not be making threads in this section.
    yeah, this.

no offense bro but you're not exactly showing off the fruits of your labor now are you.
    "I don't eat for enjoyment. I eat for sustenance."

EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EvSer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well he is, only problem is not much labor went into them
    first comp june 18th!

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ggdograa View Post
    yeah, this.

no offense bro but you're not exactly showing off the fruits of your labor now are you.
    You're one to talk:

For someone who use to look like that, you must have a big ego to sling mud at people who you've never even met.

This pic could haunt me in my sleep.
    Last edited by Brian94; 08-25-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EvSer View Post
    well he is, only problem is not much labor went into them
    Right well, everyone has to start somewhere. I put those pics up so that I can see my progress after months go by. My muscles don't look that big because of the layer of fat covering them.

IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    I don't understand why you're all so angry at me. You don't seem to get my article.

Some points to mention, because some of you seem to have this vision in your heads that is completely wrong and an exaggerated version of my suggestions.

1) When I say you should drop the weights instead of lowering them TO THE FLOOR (Note: I did not say putting them on your knees quietly, this is perfectly normal and OK), I mean to say when you are doing a bench press, and you decide to drop it for the last bit. There's very high risk in trying to lower it to the floor and twisting your arm while lying flat; this could lead to awkward contractions, and I tried doing it a couple times and it hurts my muscles.

2) There's a big difference between throwing the weights and dropping the weights. When I say dropping the weights, I mean from lying-flat-on-a-bench-press-height--- NOT throwing it from a shoulder press. Or forcing it down so that it starts bouncing around... NEVER would I ever recommend throwing it or bouncing the dumbbells, this could injure someone's foot. It could damage the floor too. The advice is meant for those who try to lower it to the floor, instead of putting it on their knees quietly, or dropping it from a reasonable height.

3) For those of you making fun of me based on my pics etc. It's interesting to know there are shallow people on this forum (considering so many on this forum work hard to transform from fat to thin, or thin to mass). That's fine. I have a lot to work on, I agree...... My post was well-intentioned, and you should debate the arguments and research, not the messenger's body. I didn't just make up this stuff. Perhaps if I had videos and pics, you might not misinterpret my article and actually agree with me.

4) The suggestion of sweating in a gym, was to be used as an indication of hard work (yes, you CAN work out hard and not sweat, the advice is meant for those who don't work hard and don't sweat a pinch). If someone is not doing the work, then they are not getting the most out of their gym time. Do you disagree?? If they are doing a lot of heavy work, then most likely, they will sweat. It's not a necessity, but can you honestly say that someone soaking wet with sweat in a gym, didn't burn any calories??

I'm sure some certified trainers here can relate, because they probably had clients and friends who worked out, but barely did much exercising and didn't even break a sweat. Do you disagree??

5) When I was talking about being neat, I'm talking about people with OCD, they wash clean machines beforehand, and afterward, wasting many minutes. It sucks, I have a family of OCD, they do the craziest cleaning behaviors, it's a waste of their time. (Ironically, somehow they still get sick). There's a difference in being clean, and being obsessive about being clean.

I'm really bewildered by how people rage so much on this forum whenever someone makes a simple suggestion they don't like. These weren't suggestions I just made up, it's stuff that's all over the web and I've heard many of them from trainers and body builders in the past.
    I don't care what points the OP is trying to make, when I saw that he has titled himself as a "Bro Scientist", that was enough for me to stop reading the article.
    When I squat I drop bricks.

Originally Posted by IceCreamMan30 View Post
    I don't care what points the OP is trying to make, when I saw that he has titled himself as a "Bro Scientist", that was enough for me to stop reading the article.
    It's a joke. But hey, you're free to go and do some real research and find that most of the points in my article are not debated by anyone. The only things people are attacking me here for is the perspective based points (some people put weights on knees, others drop to floor; some people sweat, others don't sweat much; some people clean a lot, others clean a bit less).

They're not even worth debating because they are just suggestions to save time; they are not the ONLY way to lose fat or gain muscle [in fact, all three points debated here have nothing to do with fat loss or muscle gain lol (ironically they talk about my picture when the advice they are against has nothing to do with my visual appearance)]

And you've titled yourself IceCreamMan... Why should anyone listen to you?

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2) Doing too many reps. More work = more muscle right? Yes in weight sizes, not in amount of reps. Doing more than 15 reps on any exercise is actually endurance training. You're better off just doing a 4th or 5th set.
    According to a study done by McMaster University, this could be false.

http://www.physorg.com/news200747288.html
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

Originally Posted by dillingerescp View Post
    According to a study done by McMaster University, this could be false.

http://www.physorg.com/news200747288.html
    Yes, thank you for the source too. It's true that muscle fatigue breaks down muscle so they can be rebuilt better. My article was meant to be about saving time, so sure you can reach fatigue with much lower weights and endurance training but it would probably take longer.

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First... Grow up. Learn how to speak to people with respect especially if you haven't properly interpreted my posts (which you've clearly misunderstood).

It looks like most of the people in this thread "haven't properly interpreted" what you wrote. You might want to ask yourself why that is.

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First... Grow up. Learn how to speak to people with respect especially if you haven't properly interpreted my posts (which you've clearly misunderstood).

Second... Never did I say, putting your weights on your knees is bad. I said that's perfectly fine. What I said was that if you're lowering the weights to the floor by your sides while laying down, then you are risking injury--this is NOT EQUAL to what you're saying. I'm not even arguing.

Read ALL my posts man. I didn't say you should not wipe off sweat. Read it again. I said you should not be OCD and obsess about cleaning machines that are already clean.
    Dude . . . seriously. Don't go telling people to read all your posts. it's NOT a good move for you, just accept that you made a few mistakes and learn from them. You had good intentions but were just rally wrong about a few things. It seems however that you HAVE actually learned a few things, but now you are claiming that you said these things originally?
    Dude, People read your original post and you are saying opposite things in your subsequent posts.
    Just accept that you made a few mistakes and learned from them, don't claim that you meant what you've changed your mind to originally

SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASHgym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've done the trying to set the weights down thing all the time. :P
    Now I know haha xD

mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mlopez1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello. I'm not sure what this thread is about but i just stared at the girl in the red tank doing squats on the smith for 43 minutes which brings me to this question....wtf does she have on her stomach? are those piercings?

Bye.
    Nov 2008 - 270lb 39%BF
    July 2009 - 180lb 12%BF
    Mar 2010 - 190lb 15%BF

Stack:
    Dymatize Elite Whey ISO
    CL Green Mag
    CL White Flood
    AEN IntrAbolic
    UN Animal Pak
    Glutamine
    Fish oils

Tuffman087 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right well, everyone has to start somewhere. I put those pics up so that I can see my progress after months go by. My muscles don't look that big because of the layer of fat covering them.
    Muscles look BIGGER with a layer of fat covering them. Fat hides the cuts, not the size.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mlopez1987 View Post
    Hello. I'm not sure what this thread is about but i just stared at the girl in the red tank doing squats on the smith for 43 minutes which brings me to this question....wtf does she have on her stomach? are those piercings?

Bye.
    She's wearing a belt.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you understand how muscle injuries occur? If you bend your muscles in a way they are not suppose to, you MAY injure them (is it guaranteed? No, but it's increasing the risk).

Examples and sources:

http://www.mamashealth.com/bodyparts/mstrain.asp

You're doing a bench press. Now you've done your last rep, and your arms are already weakened, and you lower the dumbbells to your side. Now you twist your arm to put it on the ground, this is risky. Do you need me to bring you a doctor's quote for it?
    Nobody (Except maybe you a couple times? Can't imagine why else you'd mention such an unnatural thing.) would ever lower a dumbbell that way from bench press. You simply sit up and from there it is easy to lower the weights to the ground. The guy in the video you posted, you might notice, actually lowers the weights and only throws them from a height of about 6 inches. He's being a bit of a douche, but he's lifting about 360 pounds. No body is going to be right close to him for fear of getting hurt anyway. If you are only lifting 40 pounds, nobody would suspect that they were about to have a dumbbell thrown on their foot.

EvilCookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Second... Never did I say, putting your weights on your knees is bad. I said that's perfectly fine. What I said was that if you're lowering the weights to the floor by your sides while laying down, then you are risking injury--this is NOT EQUAL to what you're saying. I'm not even arguing.

Read ALL my posts man. I didn't say you should not wipe off sweat. Read it again. I said you should not be OCD and obsess about cleaning machines that are already clean.
    Well you're right as of the respect but to get respect you need to show respect and you clearly didn't when you posted that it is a noob mistake to try and set the weight down and people who are doing that are wasting there energy, you're words not mine review you're previous posts. As for you're original post it was decent.

If you would have interpreted my post properly it has nothing to do with you're original post, it was the statements you responded with that made you seem ignorant. Since you say you do lift then you should know statements like that would piss serious lifters to no end. It is the same thing as someone coming into a gym and tells you that's a noob mistake and you're doing it wrong and wasting you're workout.

As for where you got you're info. for you're tips such as the web and personnel trainers.
    People will tell you most crap on the web just isn't true, and alot of personnel trainers don't use scientific facts or general knowledge for there information. Most of what they say is there personnel opinion. However there are trainers that know what there talking about. If you really think you're info. is right then list you're resources to prove everyone wrong rather then using hearsay as you're rebuttal.

IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IceCreamMan30 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ways Noobs Waste Time in The Gym

1. Dropping weights in the gym is a good way to let everyone know that you are the man. Taking time to set the weights down properly is a waste of time. You need to launch them muthaphuckas to the moon.

2. Taking a break in between sets. Are you crazy? Don't you know that your muscle will disintegrate if you take even a minute break? You should just throw the weights down and get right into that set.

3. Wasting time by taking advice from other more "experienced" lifters. Who cares if that guy trying to help you out has been lifting for 20 years and has the physique of an Olympian god. Tell him he doesn't know what he is talking about and proceed to throw your dumbbells at him.

4. Don't waste time researching facts either. Just do 5 second google search and glean all your info from N.O.-Xplode ads.

5. If you are doing more than one rep, you are wasting tons of time. If you do more than one rep your muscles go into negative hypertrophyfication. Lift one rep, throw your weights and move on.

6.Don't do any cardio at all. In fact don't even walk from your car to the gym, that is too much cardio. Have some other noobs carry you in.

7. If you wear jeans to the gym I will automatically hate you because you will try to give me advice on something that you should have known I looked up on the interweb years ago.

I have a Doctorate in Bro-ology. See the attached picture for some motivation.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
    Well you're right as of the respect but to get respect you need to show respect and you clearly didn't when you posted that it is a noob mistake to try and set the weight down and people who are doing that are wasting there energy, you're words not mine review you're previous posts. As for you're original post it was decent.
    I showed plenty of respect and clarified my posts-- I didn't even tell you what to eat or what exercise to do anywhere in my articles/posts. I only told you about ways you could save time, because all my points in the original post, are about saving time and the "noob mistakes" as I mistakenly called it, have no significant benefit to your muscular physique or your fat loss. And yet I was attacked for my physique and qualifications when I never even gave any advice relevant to the expertise of a trainer or physician.

And finally, not once did I mention anything about setting the weights on your knees, then then from your knees to the floor. Not once did I mention anything about lifting the weights and standing up straight (while holding the dumbbells up) and then putting them on the floor in front/sides of you. When I said "you should drop your weights", I was talking about bench presses and trying to lower it to the floor by twisting your arms and possibly causing injury. I seen a few people try to do this and it really looks like it hurts them anyway.

I wish I could go back in time, edit my posts, to make them 100% clear and so they cannot be misinterpreted, but I can't. The negs have been dealt, the insults have been thrown... What else am I suppose to do?

If you would have interpreted my post properly it has nothing to do with you're original post, it was the statements you responded with that made you seem ignorant. Since you say you do lift then you should know statements like that would piss serious lifters to no end. It is the same thing as someone coming into a gym and tells you that's a noob mistake and you're doing it wrong and wasting you're workout.
    I didn't tell experts what they were doing is wrong. I was telling people doing those specific moves that what they're doing is wrong. Some people thought, I was saying what they're doing is wrong, but I was NOT--because they misinterpreted what I said they were doing due to vagueness of the posts. I'm sorry for the vagueness, but I don't see why so many insults had to be made. Nothing I've said was saying what you were doing is wrong, unless you were twisting your arms while lying flat to put down the weights, which no bodybuilder would do anyway.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish I could ... edit my posts, to make them 100% clear and so they cannot be misinterpreted, but I can't..
    I'm pretty sure you can do all those things.

Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can do all those things.
    No you can't. When a certain time limit is passed, you can't edit older posts. Most posts in this thread for me are locked except the last 2-3.

One of the biggest problems was the fact that when I first submitted the original article, I didn't even have the ability to proof read, it just *poof* disappeared, due to this forum being special (that they review threads before releasing), so by the time it was released, people were already commenting, and since the first few were positive remarks, I thought the article was OK (though I wish I could have proof read it to anticipate possible misinterpretations or badly written parts [which there was A LOT of]).

EastHastings has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're not dropping the weights, it's because you're a noob
    What?
    Progress:

2005 - 225 lbs.
    2006 - 180 lbs.
    2007 - 190 lbs.
    6/21/10 - 193 lbs.
    7/20/10 - 183 lbs.
    8/19/10 - 176 lbs.
    1/24/11 - 180

dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dirtydozen614 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I saw some guy the other day take 5 minutes between sets to text to someone on his blackberry. This continued even when he threw in "sets" of girl pushups at the end of his chest workout.

tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What else am I suppose to do?
    quit talking would help

also

not making another thread would prove to be beneficial

yeahbuddy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    You don't have to sweat to have a good workout.
    Thats just your bodies way to cool down, nothing else.

And lol at dropping weights, I never drop dumbells, thats just being lazy and obnoxious.
    I don't think it's an issue all this dropping weights things. The floors are all reinforced. Better to drop and avoid injury. Of course if you can put them down safely, then do it.

The biggest thing is to avoid injury. I wrecked my back, my shoulder, my ankle and knee's through sport, weakens you forever, so play safe guys. But not so safe you don't make progress.

IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyPastyNerd View Post
    This thread is terrible and just reeks of insecurity, why is everyone attacking eachother's looks and stats?

PS, regarding weight dropping, tell me this guy is weak and a 'noob':

***This guy is a beast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmLCju_Xj4
    Originally Posted by yeahbuddy1 View Post
    I don't think it's an issue all this dropping weights things. The floors are all reinforced. Better to drop and avoid injury. Of course if you can put them down safely, then do it.

The biggest thing is to avoid injury. I wrecked my back, my shoulder, my ankle and knee's through sport, weakens you forever, so play safe guys. But not so safe you don't make progress.

****When I pump 120's until failure I tend to carefully drop them. I don't sling them down like an idiot.
    "TRAIN INSANE OR REMAIN THE SAME"

***Get Swolled Or Die Trying***

"Frankly I don't give a damn" -Branch Warren

uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000) uprise240 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...dude.....in all seriousness, based on your physical state right now, I would never take advice from you. I wouldn't care if it was right or wrong either.

sorry - but it's true

...and hey...............sometimes...............I do more that 15 reps, don't really sweat that much, and put my weights down quietly - YOU MAD?!

but again, in this community, you kind of have to "walk the walk" in order to "talk the talk".

YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS OF LITTLE VALUE WHEN YOUR UGLY AS ****
    Online Coaching. Meal Plans. Training Programs.
    ---> www.cazthetrainer.com <---
    Be the BEST version of YOU

n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n3wborn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    quit talking would help

also

not making another thread would prove to be beneficial
    this.

I think everyone else has made all of the points I wanted to make after reading your post already, so im done here.

Registered User chriscarter1988's Avatar
    Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the negative protion is the strongest portion of a rep, if you got the weight up there, you can deffinately lower it under control, as far as injury is concerned, youre more likely to get injured dropping the weight the whole distance than just lowering it as far as comfortable and just dropping it the last few inches.

To be honest though, if you spend this much of your gym time watching everyone else and recording ways in which they are n00bs, you arent really focussing on what your in the gym to do.
    Nothing is over!

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can curl the 40-lb dumbbells with pretty solid form...heh. Don't know what to say to someone who thinks 40-lbs for a male is heavy weight. I know women who can db bench that...

Other than that, the "researched article" just seems like a lot of stuff that the guy saw on his first few trips to the gym. Not really something to make such a big deal about...

My problem with this article, though, is that the OP is calling people...noobs. With his stats and his physique, it just makes him look really hypocritical. Everyone's a trainer these days, though.

Registered User chriscarter1988's Avatar
    Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder if Dorian or Ronnie ever went on the internet and called the people at their gyms noobs
    Nothing is over!