Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How people like Bruce Lee got so strong..

Most of you guys will say "the only way you guys are gunna get stronger is if you guys eat MORE".

Well then how did Bruce Lee (weighing in like 130-140. Not exceeding 145 thats for sure) get so strong at his bodyweight?

Pound for pound Bruce Lee was a very strong martial artist.

Now im not saying I want to be like him but i would like to know how I can get stronger at my bodyweight.

That is, gaining strength and staying at my relative weight. How would the theory of: eating more = gaining strength apply here?

Thoughts/comments.

ty

m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50) m30wc0w will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you eat more but are working out hard the nutrients from the food will be used to fuel your body, not to recede into uselessness. Bruce Lee, being as cut as he did, probably did bare calisthinetics and cardio. I'm sure the man ate like a truck

BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBUser- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by m30wc0w View Post
    if you eat more but are working out hard the nutrients from the food will be used to fuel your body, not to recede into uselessness. Bruce Lee, being as cut as he did, probably did bare calisthinetics and cardio. I'm sure the man ate like a truck
    So he ate alot but all of that fuel was used? And little of those contributed to his weight gain?

Ok i think im starting to understand.

other opinions are appreciated

JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanMcC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BBUser- View Post
    Most of you guys will say "the only way you guys are gunna get stronger is if you guys eat MORE".

Well then how did Bruce Lee (weighing in like 130-140. Not exceeding 145 thats for sure) get so strong at his bodyweight?

Now im not saying I want to be like him but i would like to know how I can get stronger at my bodyweight.

That is, gaining strength and staying at my relative weight. How would the theory of: eating more = gaining strength apply here?

Thoughts/comments.

ty
    To be honest I think a lot of that is determined by genetics. Thats all I can really offer
    Zyzz has motivated me to live a better life and to get on the road to achieve aesthetics. I will be at God status soon! RIP
    Check out my log, I will rep all posters in it! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137503973

maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maniacss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He had a good food diet, im guessing low carb diet. He did a lot of cardio to keep his body fat % low (about 7-8% i think). And ofcourse he did some resistant training to get that definition on his muscles.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bruce Lee was extremely strong individual yet for some reason he couldnt do 135# good mornings.

iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iamtough is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bruce Lee ("Li Shao Loong"), was 5' 7.5", 135 lbs, at what has been estimated to be 3% bodyfat.

Don't know if it's true, but 3% bodyfat; sick.

VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10) VacAsian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He actually at one point embraced bodybuilding, buying all the magazines and articles around about weight training. He even did squats in a unique mannor but once he reached his peak at about 160lbs he ceased his bodybuilding and went back to his average weight that he usually fluctuates around (130-145lbs). Quite quickly apparently.

He probably did have a solid diet.

Originally Posted by iamtough View Post
    Bruce Lee ("Li Shao Loong"), was 5' 7.5", 135 lbs, at what has been estimated to be 3% bodyfat.

No i dont think 3% is right cuz thats nearing death. But he was relatively low.

And i would admit that his diet was spot on. Apparently he avoided dairy food and focused alot on chinese foods

COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Physical fitness
    Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon in 1972

After his match with Wong Jack Man in 1965, Bruce Lee changed his approach toward martial arts training. Lee felt that many martial artists of his day did not spend enough time on physical conditioning. Bruce included all elements of total fitness? muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility. He utilized traditional bodybuilding and weight training techniques to develop muscular strength. Lee was careful to emphasize that mental and spiritual preparation were fundamental to the success of physical training in martial arts skills. In his book The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, he wrote

Training is one of the most neglected phases of athletics. Too much time is given to the development of skill and too little to the development of the individual for participation." "JKD, ultimately is not a matter of petty techniques but of highly developed spirituality and physique.[29]

The weight training program that Lee developed during a stay in Hong Kong in 1965 placed heavy emphasis on arm development. At that time he could perform single bicep curls with 70 to 80 lbs (about 32 to 36 kg) dumbbell for three sets of eight repetitions. Other weight training exercises, such as squats, push-ups, reverse curls, concentration curls, French presses, and both wrist curls and reverse wrist curls.[30] he performed consisted of 6 to 12 reps (at the time) per set. While this method of training targeted his fast twitch muscles, it also resulted in gaining muscle mass, placing Bruce a little over 160 lbs (about 72 kg).

Lee was documented as having well over 2,500 books in his own personal library, and eventually concluded that "A stronger muscle, is a bigger muscle", a conclusion he later disputed. Bruce forever experimented with his training routines to maximize his physical abilities and push the human body to its limits. He employed many different routines and exercises including skipping rope, which served his training and bodybuilding purposes effectively.[31]

Lee believed that the abdominal muscles were one of the most important muscle groups for a martial artist, since virtually every movement requires some degree of abdominal muscle activation. He trained daily from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., exercising stomach muscles, stretching to increase flexibility, and running to increase endurance. From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. he would weight train and cycle. A typical aerobic conditioning routine for Lee would be to run a distance of two to six miles in 15 to 45 minutes, in which he would vary speed in 3?5 minute intervals. Additionally, Lee would also ride the equivalent of 10 miles (about 16 kilometers) in 45 minutes on a stationary bike.[32]

Lee would sometimes exercise with the jump rope and put in 800 jumps after cycling. He would also include conditioning techniques to toughen the skin on his fists, including thrusting his hands into buckets of harsh rocks and gravel. He would do over 500 repetitions of this on a given day.[33]

Chuck Norris states, "Lee, pound for pound, might well have been one of the strongest men in the world, and certainly one of the quickest."[34][35][36]
    ---From Wikipedia.

My guess is Bruce trained for strength and speed and not for size (since he disputed that "a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle" tidbit.) It's definitely possible to gain strength without gaining mass. For example, you'll notice alot of powerlifters increasing their 1RM's without changing weight class.

Wiki says that his waste fluctuated between 26-28 inches, that's lean as ****.
    Fighting misinformation 1 post at a time!

URI - Biological Sciences/Psychology Double Major

---Currently studying for ACSM CPT

-=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=Zeus=-! has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why are good wrestlers so strong?

Originally Posted by Work In Progres View Post

Im accually curious to find out :P My school doesnt have a wrestling team so i know nothing about the sport

Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, most people say you are only going to get bigger if you eat more. There's a difference.
    Kaizen.

Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Neekan View Post
    He actually at one point embraced bodybuilding, buying all the magazines and articles around about weight training. He even did squats in a unique mannor but once he reached his peak at about 160lbs he ceased his bodybuilding and went back to his average weight that he usually fluctuates around (130-145lbs). Quite quickly apparently.

He probably did have a solid diet.
    this he would put raw meat in a blender and drink that **** and was taking hella vitamins everyday

have you seen his lat spread

marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bruce lee cardio was top notch. I bet he ate a sh**t load of food too and trained like an animal. Also bruce electrified himself to bring out some of the muscles. Nevertheless he is the best martial arts always. Huge fan of him.

SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) SD_Anthony is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ate over 11,000 calories a day during the Olympics.

Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gavin07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get comments all the time in the gym from people that have seen my progress. They don't understand how my strength has gone up so much, but my size hasn't. I've been lifting for eight months and have gone from 165 to about 188. I still look pretty lengthy but have stuck with a low repetition, high weight routine on every lift. I haven't bulked but have maintained a high protein and fast carb. diet to rebuild promptly. I'm not sure how Lee did it but I'd imagine it was either freakish genetics (metabolism) or he did some serious three rep sets for a long time with the cardio. and fast twitch lifts to get that speed. I actually love keeping my seemingly skinny chiseled frame. I mean I appear pretty skinny to most of the meat heads in the gym, but when I rack pull 495 for three reps, dead lift 425 for three reps, and throw the 95lb. DB's up for five reps on bench, some heads get turned.
    Started: May 20, 2009
    Out for Shoulder Injury: March 28, 2010 - Until further notice.

COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tyler_Durdin View Post
    this he would put raw meat in a blender and drink that **** and was taking hella vitamins everyday

have you seen his lat spread
    His back is insane!
    Fighting misinformation 1 post at a time!

URI - Biological Sciences/Psychology Double Major

---Currently studying for ACSM CPT

Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by COBrien3 View Post
    His back is insane!

Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asiannn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guy did lots of cardio.
    I heard the guy could hold a 57 kg barbell straight out in front of him from a standing position

MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscularViking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude could fly with those lats son

Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Machinee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For anyone that's bored watch and learn what he done.
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=EHCS7KZC
    :D

Wannabe Football Player Asparagus333's Avatar
    Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscularViking View Post
    dude could fly with those lats son
    Lol, I burst out laughing when I saw your post.
    If I actually feel like answering, I will actually give you a pretty decent answer unlike some people :)

Are you a workout noob? PM me! I can help ^-^

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122100711, feel free to criticize and suggest.

My sad little list of my lifts and their maxes:

Bench Press MAX: 255 lbs
    Goal: 275 lbs

Squat MAX: 350 lbs
    Goal: 405 lbs

Hang Clean MAX: 175 lbs
    Goal: 215 lbs

Deadlift (No Max Yet):
    275 lbs x 5 reps
    Goal: 315 lbs

Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Freigeist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He trained his CNS to recruit a greater number of myofibrils than normal. He also likely had very little sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (which would lead to him appearing smaller and weighing less).

Same way 130 pound chicks can get 500 pound deadlifts.

Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thoughts/comments.

ty
    he did a bunch of cardio also he did martial arts and he did this everyday. He can do a v sit and hold it for 30 mins that is freakin hard lol.

WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow great info. I am however curious how Chuck Norrus got so strong.

MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MisterMY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Camel's hump.

StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iamtough View Post

Very sick indeed. htt p://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Andreas_Munzer (can't post links yet)

Bruce Lee ate loads of food. He also did 2 hours of cycling every day.

Originally Posted by WheelSmith View Post
    Wow great info. I am however curious how Chuck Norrus got so strong.
    The total gym.

KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000) KevinMK0831 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Work In Progres View Post
    Because they're more aggressive, do weight train, and go hard. I was trying to figure out why a 112 lber could snap me down hard as heck. Go hard my man
    ★★SoFlo Crew★★
    Goals
    Deadlift 500
    Bench 315
    Squat 405

catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gavin07 View Post
    I get comments all the time in the gym from people that have seen my progress. They don't understand how my strength has gone up so much, but my size hasn't. I've been lifting for eight months and have gone from 165 to about 188. I still look pretty lengthy but have stuck with a low repetition, high weight routine on every lift. I haven't bulked but have maintained a high protein and fast carb. diet to rebuild promptly. I'm not sure how Lee did it but I'd imagine it was either freakish genetics (metabolism) or he did some serious three rep sets for a long time with the cardio. and fast twitch lifts to get that speed. I actually love keeping my seemingly skinny chiseled frame. I mean I appear pretty skinny to most of the meat heads in the gym, but when I rack pull 495 for three reps, dead lift 425 for three reps, and throw the 95lb. DB's up for five reps on bench, some heads get turned.
    Check your form

Lee, as well as anyone else who is great.. is a combination of genetics + INSANE WORK ETHIC. I mean he trained his core 2 hours a day, ran for an hour, then weight lifted in the afternoon.. imo thats badass as fk. Hell, I might even get into that some day.