NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Do you tend to gain or lose weight during your period?

I noticed in the past that usually when I have my period I lose weight and bodyfat percentage. I usually averaged at 115 lbs with 18-19% body fat, but usually around my period I averaged at 110-112 lbs with 14-16% body fat? But since I've done powerlifting I gained weight and today I have my period and I measured 119 lbs with 19% body fat. It seems more logical to gain weight during your period since of water retention. But then maybe the reason why I lost weight during my period is because of low iron levels, even though I keep the same healthy diet.

Ladies, do you usually gain or lose weight during your period?

Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The week before your period is generally when you hold on to water and weigh more. During my period, the weight comes back off.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nightbird573 View Post
    The week before your period is generally when you hold on to water and weigh more. During my period, the weight comes back off.
    Same here.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    same here...although throughout the day...i fluctuate between 115 (morning) to 120 (night) usually after a good dinner and work out

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very simple reason..... your using one of the electrical impedence scales, they suck and very inaccurate. As your water weight flucuates and sodium/potasium balance fluctuates it throws thoose things way off. YOU DO NOT GAIN 3-5lbs of BODYFAT on your period, maybe water, but not fat.

Let me give you a example of how bad thoose scales are....DAY BEFORE one of my competitions I just had my bodyfat done via BOD POD (most accurate way to measure along with underwater weighing)..... the bod pod put my bodyfat at 5%......I always knew they were off, but I was just curious how bad. So I grabbed the hand held bodyfat tester at my gym, and it put me at 19% bodyfat. that tells me it was off 14%, due to water and every other reason going on in my body.

now granted thoose things do say they are not ment for bodybuilders, but they are ALWAYS off. I garuntee if you tested yourself in the morning, drank a gallon of water and tons of salt, by that night it would have changed your bodyfat by at least 3%

now the reason behind why it was so far way off for me pre competition is a bit scientific.... electricity travels thru water very inefficiently regardless of common misconception, it needs SALT in the water to travel very effeciently. now before a competition, a bodybuilder has cut ALL his sodium out of his diet and body, and loaded up on potasium and dehydrated his self. This makes it very hard for a electrical charge to travel thru the body, thus making the bodyfat tester think that there is a great deal of bodyfat....make sense????
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup. I gain about 3-5 lbs the week before (and always freak out about it! lol hubby has to remind it's normal for me) but the minute kitty's nose starts to bleed, I'm miraculously lighter
    The vision of a champion is someone drenched in sweat, bent over from exhaustion, when no one else is watching. ~Anson Dorrance

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Me too! the week before or so I'm bloated and feel heavier and then when it comes the bloating goes down....Krazy_Kurly I like that "when the kitty's nose bleeds" lol
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PandaPaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh yeah. I gain weight for sure. Actually, just got my period today. I feel really bloated and dehydrated from my body keeping in all the extra water. By Thursday, though, I should be back on track weight wise. Also, don't listen to those fat measurements. They are not accurate enough for you to worry about. Do you measure your bodyfat frequently? It might be a little discouraging to see bodyfat measurements if you're taking them too often.
    When you think you can, maybe it will happen. When you KNOW you can, it WILL happen.

Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Varla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh man. I totally gain weight. Thankfully it just falls back off in a few days. But it's super annoying and doesn't help my mood.
    Start - 220lbs Current - 134lbs. Workout journal - www.gotthatpma.com

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. " - Og Mandino

Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by krazy_kurly View Post
    the minute kitty's nose starts to bleed
    LMFAO! I've never heard that! Hilarious!

And yes...I don't know if I've ever weighed myself and compared, but when my period kicks in I feel bloated and my tummy is actually distended for a day or 2. I also get very bad cramping....not sure if that's related.
    "It's simple...if it jiggles, it's fat." Arnold Schwarzeneggar

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    Very simple reason..... your using one of the electrical impedence scales, they suck and very inaccurate. As your water weight flucuates and sodium/potasium balance fluctuates it throws thoose things way off. YOU DO NOT GAIN 3-5lbs of BODYFAT on your period, maybe water, but not fat.

Let me give you a example of how bad thoose scales are....DAY BEFORE one of my competitions I just had my bodyfat done via BOD POD (most accurate way to measure along with underwater weighing)..... the bod pod put my bodyfat at 5%......I always knew they were off, but I was just curious how bad. So I grabbed the hand held bodyfat tester at my gym, and it put me at 19% bodyfat. that tells me it was off 14%, due to water and every other reason going on in my body.

now granted thoose things do say they are not ment for bodybuilders, but they are ALWAYS off. I garuntee if you tested yourself in the morning, drank a gallon of water and tons of salt, by that night it would have changed your bodyfat by at least 3%

now the reason behind why it was so far way off for me pre competition is a bit scientific.... electricity travels thru water very inefficiently regardless of common misconception, it needs SALT in the water to travel very effeciently. now before a competition, a bodybuilder has cut ALL his sodium out of his diet and body, and loaded up on potasium and dehydrated his self. This makes it very hard for a electrical charge to travel thru the body, thus making the bodyfat tester think that there is a great deal of bodyfat....make sense????
    this is true....but i didnt know men had periods too?....dang now i know why my husband sometimes has those mood swings!