Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mccaula718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pre basic training routine suggestions

I have been doing a 4 day split for the past 6 months. I was trying to bulk up and gain muscle previously, but since i'm joining the airforce, preparing for basic has become my main goal.

back and bi's monday
    4xmax chinups
    4xmax wide grip pullups
    4x8 barbell rows
    4x8 close grip machine rows

tuesday cardio and abs
    cardio: 1.5 mile run. I'm trying to get it down to passing the basic pt test's standards and then will add more distance
    abs: p90x ab ripperx-this shreds my abs, very good workout

wednesday: chest and tris
    p90x chest routine-pretty much consists of 300 pushups(different versions) in about 20min
    basically a prep for basic as well

thursday: same as tuesday

friday: shoulders
    4x8 smith machine shoulder press. I would do without smith machine but i don't have a spotter and i don't like having a lot of weight above my head without a spotter(have seen too many videos of weight dropped on self hurting themselves)
    4x8 side dumbell lat raises
    4x8 reverse machine fly-don't know exactly what they are but there's a chest fly machine and you adjust the arms to the whole way back and turn around and do a fly backwards. sry if bad description
    4x8 shrugs

sat or sun cardio same run as tues and thurs

Ok so before i get the whole why no legs(cheese wedge shape etc.) its kills my legs and doesn't allow me to run for a couple days. I will deff add legs back in after basic when i start lifting hardcore again, but for now it just doesn't suit my goals.

So anyone who has ever gone through basic training, do you think this is a good routine for preparation? I know my lifts are gonna drop and i will get more cut, but i will resume a 4 day after basic that will hopefully not take too long to get back to beefy.

Any opinions are welcome, just recognize my goal beforehand

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You'd do much better to put your effort into building your endurance. You're going to get your legs run right off of you in boot, along with mass quantities of pushups, situps and pullups. Those are the four things I'd suggest you concentrate on.

The DI's aren't going to give a hoot how strong you are; they'll make you as strong as you need to be. What they'll demand from you is the ability to stay on your feet for hours on end, most of it while running.

It's been a while since I went through Boot, but some things just don't change much.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mccaula718 View Post
    I have been doing a 4 day split for the past 6 months. I was trying to bulk up and gain muscle previously, but since i'm joining the airforce, preparing for basic has become my main goal.

back and bi's monday
    4xmax chinups
    4xmax wide grip pullups
    4x8 barbell rows
    4x8 close grip machine rows

tuesday cardio and abs
    cardio: 1.5 mile run. I'm trying to get it down to passing the basic pt test's standards and then will add more distance
    abs: p90x ab ripperx-this shreds my abs, very good workout

wednesday: chest and tris
    p90x chest routine-pretty much consists of 300 pushups(different versions) in about 20min
    basically a prep for basic as well

thursday: same as tuesday

friday: shoulders
    4x8 smith machine shoulder press. I would do without smith machine but i don't have a spotter and i don't like having a lot of weight above my head without a spotter(have seen too many videos of weight dropped on self hurting themselves)
    4x8 side dumbell lat raises
    4x8 reverse machine fly-don't know exactly what they are but there's a chest fly machine and you adjust the arms to the whole way back and turn around and do a fly backwards. sry if bad description
    4x8 shrugs

sat or sun cardio same run as tues and thurs

Ok so before i get the whole why no legs(cheese wedge shape etc.) its kills my legs and doesn't allow me to run for a couple days. I will deff add legs back in after basic when i start lifting hardcore again, but for now it just doesn't suit my goals.

So anyone who has ever gone through basic training, do you think this is a good routine for preparation? I know my lifts are gonna drop and i will get more cut, but i will resume a 4 day after basic that will hopefully not take too long to get back to beefy.

Any opinions are welcome, just recognize my goal beforehand
    Seriously you don't have to worry. Only thing that really gets people is the running, other than that i'm sure you'll do just fine with the dedication you have towards it. Try out for recon! The road march sucks.
    “When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to this land.”

→ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ←

→ RIP Zyzz ←

PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PISTELERO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its all about calisthenics in basic dude, you can bench 300 but if you cant bust out 80 pushups you aint shiiit, id say stick to pushups situps pullups and running, check out what numbers you need on the pt test and max em, dont worry about bulking before basic unless your pretty skinny to start with youll probably end up losing some muscle mass.

bdlk15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ex-Airforce guy here. The thing that really got people were the sit ups! Other then that you will only PT for one hour a day 6 days a week, unless your a screw up, then you will be on your face all the time.