Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Kirkland (Costco) Solid White Albacore Tuna

For those of you that haven't had it yet, I highly suggest that you do! A friend of mine gave me a can to try, assuring me that there is no better tuna available. I'm very impressed with everything about it. It's the cleanest & best tasting Tuna that I've ever had, and the price would be hard to beat at $1.50 per 7 oz can. There's also more tuna & less water per can than the "name brands". It's quite the bargain, give it a shot, you'll be glad you did!

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25

Dragonslayer in Training Iron Barbarian's Avatar
    Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Barbarian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You rich folks and your fancy Albacore Tuna. Us simple folks can only afford Starkist Tuna Pulp......
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No doubt about it, the BEST canned albacore tuna out there. Each can has one big slice of tuna loin in it. No little pieces, just a nice big chunk.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Remember, it is the bigger, older Expensive tuna that has a higher mercury level in it.

The cheap ass Starkist/Bumble Bee crap has the lowest levels of mercury. I prefer the Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna myself, 1 or 2 cans per day.
    According to Dr. Wasfy Shindy, the director of the county lab, "there's not much variation between different brands but the variation is between different types of tuna."

The mercury in Chunk Light Tuna ranged from .04 to .16 parts per million. The mercury in Albacore tuna ranged from .2 parts per million to a high of nearly .7 parts per million.

"If somebody about my size were to eat one can at .7 parts per million in a week they would be over the EPA safe level for mercury by about two and a half times," said Solomon.
    Using these numbers, you would only be allowed to eat 1 can of Albacore Tuna every other week?
    Last edited by Taur; 06-04-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I prefer Salmon... Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it have much less toxic stuff in it?

I also prefer the flavor and lower acidic content (perceived).

Be sure to get the wild caught variety.

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1 View Post
    For those of you that haven't had it yet, I highly suggest that you do! A friend of mine gave me a can to try, assuring me that there is no better tuna available. I'm very impressed with everything about it. It's the cleanest & best tasting Tuna that I've ever had, and the price would be hard to beat at $1.50 per 7 oz can. There's also more tuna & less water per can than the "name brands". It's quite the bargain, give it a shot, you'll be glad you did!

Hey. Try the Kirkland Salmon. It is just as good.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Taur View Post
    Remember, it is the bigger, older Expensive tuna that has a higher mercury level in it.

The cheap ass Starkist/Bumble Bee crap has the lowest levels of mercury. I prefer the Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna myself, 1 or 2 cans per day.

Using these numbers, you would only be allowed to eat 1 can of Albacore Tuna every other week?
    Ah, I eat a lot of tuna so this explains why I get wood every time the temperature gets above 80. (srs)
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    The only Kirkland Salmon I've seen was farm raised but then we're in different parts of the country.

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wonder why such mercury levels aren't included in the nutritional data? Seems to me that it should be required.

Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Headshrink will become famous soon enough. (+50)

concur
    Natural or Nothing

More is not better, better is better.

creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good stuff that and their salmon, just don't anyone buy the wal-mart brand salmon, stuff is the nastiest crap I have ever had the displeasure of throwing down my throat hole.
    lifting @9000ft bishes!

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Old Bob View Post
    I prefer Salmon... Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it have much less toxic stuff in it?

I also prefer the flavor and lower acidic content (perceived).

Be sure to get the wild caught variety.

Old Bob
    X2 ^^

I'd eat Sardines, or smoked Herring before tuna. To each his own taste.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000)

It is a very good product, indeed. I love that one solid piece of fish in it and the very good price.
    Little girls cry... Big girls say "F@ck!".

kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    The best tuna out there!........Well maybe not the best........well you know what I mean.....
    Ya gotta think it to believe it and ya gotta believe it to become it.

Old Bob
    Originally Posted by creationd View Post
    Good stuff that and their salmon, just don't anyone buy the wal-mart brand salmon, stuff is the nastiest crap I have ever had the displeasure of throwing down my throat hole.
    I never had the Salmon but I'm curious as to how you guys prepare it. I have no idea what to do with it. I'm sure you can just eat it right out of the can, but I suspect there's better ways to eat it.

jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jpnvz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by korr20 View Post
    X2 ^^

I'd eat Sardines, or smoked Herring before tuna. To each his own taste.
    man, tried that kirkland canned chicken but resulted in vomit cone. chicken in a can just didn't work out. tuna, no prob.

Hey Mark, do you know the sodium content? I'm trying not to exceed 750 mg per day. I googled it but find inconsistent data.

creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never had the Salmon but I'm curious as to how you guys prepare it. I have no idea what to do with it. I'm sure you can just eat it right out of the can, but I suspect there's better ways to eat it.
    The salmon my wife prepares like she does Tuna, just substitute the tuna with the salmon.
    Mix with Light mayo, onions, peppers, any seasoning and then spread on a sub roll or any type of bread, very good stuff.
    lifting @9000ft bishes!

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Mark, do you know the sodium content? I'm trying not to exceed 750 mg per day. I googled it but find inconsistent data.
    Hey. It is a 7oz can. Per the label there are 2.5 servings per can.

Each serving:
    Cals 80
    Fat cals 27
    Total fat 3.0 grams
    Saturated fat 1.5 grams
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 170 mg
    Protein 12 grams

So, if you ate a can, 425 mg of sodium.

According to the label, it is farm raised and a product of Chile.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Originally Posted by creationd View Post
    The salmon my wife prepares like she does Tuna, just substitute the tuna with the salmon.
    Mix with Light mayo, onions, peppers, any seasoning and then spread on a sub roll or any type of bread, very good stuff.
    Many thanks Tim, I'll give that a shot, thanks bud!

Hey. It is a 7oz can. Per the label there are 2.5 servings per can.

Each serving:
    Cals 80
    Fat cals 27
    Total fat 3.0 grams
    Saturated fat 1.5 grams
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 170 mg
    Protein 12 grams

So, if you ate a can, 425 mg of sodium.

According to the label, it is farm raised and a product of Chile.
    Yeah buddy, I can deal with that. Thanks a bunch for the data Mark!

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

C5VetteLS1 was kind enough to send me 3 cans of this Kirkland's Albacore this week, and it arrived today. He and the others who chimed in were right; this is great quality tuna! To be honest, I've had good luck with Chicken of The Sea tuna in general (with an occasional nasty, Starkist/BumbleBee like tasting can), but their albacore has always been good. But this.....this beautiful 7oz cut of albacore was pure perfection! 45g of protein too . I'm going to make a point to find Costco (don't have one near me) and stockpile a few cans.

And no, C5Vette probably won't send you 3 cans . We kinda helped each other out this past 2yrs, so...

Thanks, bruh! It's awesome
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    C5VetteLS1 was kind enough to send me 3 cans of this Kirkland's Albacore this week, and it arrived today. He and the others who chimed in were right; this is great quality tuna! To be honest, I've had good luck with Chicken of The Sea tuna in general (with an occasional nasty, Starkist/BumbleBee like tasting can), but their albacore has always been good. But this.....this beautiful 7oz cut of albacore was pure perfection! 45g of protein too . I'm going to make a point to find Costco (don't have one near me) and stockpile a few cans.

And no, C5Vette probably won't send you 3 cans . We kinda helped each other out this past 2yrs, so...

Thanks, bruh! It's awesome
    Cool deal, it now has the DBX seal of approval! I know you've use "Chicked of the Sea" for quite a while now, so I wasn't sure what reaction to expect from this change. Good to see that you and your taste buds were open to a change ;-)

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cool deal, it now has the DBX seal of approval! I know you've use "Chicked of the Sea" for quite a while now, so I wasn't sure what reaction to expect from this change. Good to see that you and your taste buds were open to a change ;-)
    Well I'm sorry to put a damper on this but Albacore is a larger fish hense twice as much Mercury content as Light ( as light are usually smaller tuna). This according to Got Mercury.org which tests and rates all fish out of the ocean sold in the US, also I quess you missed the episode of DR OZ when he went over all this and talked about the dangers of mercury in our foods and how to limit your exposure, Plus its farmed which destroys local fishing industries, severly undermines the quality of the fish.
    As a side note Starkist does not use farm raised Tuna, nor do the recomend it.
    All Starkist Tuna comes from Pacific and Western Atlantic fisheries.

As a note you should always eat wild caught ( its higher in Healthy Omega's) and its listed as the safest Tuna on the EPA advisory list.

Another point on Cosco and Kirkland all Cosco meats come from out of the Country! Your taking foriegn beef over American Free Range Beef please!!!!!
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Well I'm sorry to put a damper on this but Albacore is a larger fish hense twice as much Mercury content as Light ( as light are usually smaller tuna). This according to Got Mercury.org which tests and rates all fish out of the ocean sold in the US, also I quess you missed the episode of DR OZ when he went over all this and talked about the dangers of mercury in our foods and how to limit your exposure, Plus its farmed which destroys local fishing industries, severly undermines the quality of the fish.

As a note you should always eat wild caught ( its higher in Healthy Omega's) and its listed as the safest Tuna on the EPA advisory list.

Another point on Cosco and Kirkland all Cosco meats come from out of the Country! Your taking foriegn beef over American Free Range Beef please!!!!!
    There is so much misinformation here I don't know where to start.......

1. Albacore tuna is not farmed. You are confused. Other, larger tuna are farm raised, but not albacore and certainly not Costco's Kirkland Signature Albacore Tuna.
    2. Kirkland Signature Albacore tuna is troll caught off our shores here in Washington and Oregon. It is canned locally. What is important about this is that when the albacore tuna are coming by our shores here in Washington, they are still relatively small....15-35 pounds. Their migration brings them by our shore in the late summer before they head south in the winter.
    3. Because the tuna are caught locally while they are small, mercury levels are lower and because you get one solid piece of loin, the belly meat is avoided (which contains the highest levels of mercury) Notice that mercury.org doesn't test Kirkland Signature Albacore Tuna.... not enough sensationalism for them.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...04/?pg=75#pg75

4. Lastly...where in the world did you hear that ALL Costco meats come from out of country? That is so far-fetched I don't even know what to say...other than....hogwash.
    Last edited by ejthomp; 06-11-2010 at 11:51 PM.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post

1. Albacore tuna is not farmed. You are confused. Other, larger tuna are farm raised, but not albacore and certainly not Costco's Kirkland Signature Albacore Tuna.
    2. Kirkland Signature Albacore tuna is troll caught off our shores here in Washington and Oregon. It is canned locally. What is important about this is that when the albacore tuna are coming by our shores here in Washington, they are still relatively small....15-35 pounds. Their migration brings them by our shore in the late summer before they head south in the winter.
    3. Because the tuna are caught locally while they are small, mercury levels are lower and because you get one solid piece of loin, the belly meat is avoided (which contains the highest levels of mercury) Notice that mercury.org doesn't test Kirkland Signature Albacore Tuna.... not enough sensationalism for them.

4. Lastly...where in the world did you hear that ALL Costco meats come from out of country? That is so far-fetched I don't even know what to say...other than....hogwash.

Right from the Butchers mouth my friend I asked him where his beef came from since thier Eye of rounds were on sale he said 95 % came from out of the country and 5% came from the States. Sorry but even the head customer service mgr was shocked to here that when I told her!
    Anyway as for Tuna, I still will not buy Albacore, you may know, and you may be right sorry I just dont trust large corporations,
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I brought home one of those cans from Alaska last summer. I haven't seen them around where I live. It was great salmon, but, then again, I love a lot about Alaska.

Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post

I guess I used the term "seal of approval" loosely. FWIW, dbx did advise not to exceed 4 cans per week just to be safe. As far Beef goes, the only Beef I eat is Harris Ranch Ground Beef that's raised locally. However ... when I was into Fillet Mignon & Baby Back Ribs, etc. you'd be hard pressed to find better than what's offered at Costco. Personally I'd still be buying such products from Costco if I still used them.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess I used the term "seal of approval" loosely. FWIW, dbx did advise not to exceed 4 cans per week just to be safe.
    And I did this via PM, and only was cautious because of giving "health" advice to a friend on the intarwebz . I also used the govt's own 3-4 cans (5-6oz) per week guideline (I believe it is) which relates to 5oz cans, and these Kirklands are Albacore and 7oz. Personally, I don't worry a nanosecond about mercury in tuna. Yes, it's true that bigger fish (like albacore) typically have higher levels of mercury found in them. However....

I've posted this a few times over the past several years here, and this is simply an article that I agree with and believe, as well as think others might benefit from reading, if only to get another viewpoint:

"The best science indicates that trace amounts of mercury in the fish Americans eat simply aren't high enough to pose a health risk. But measuring only mercury further exaggerates this hypothetical risk. There's another scientific wrinkle that few environmental groups are talking about -- largely because it doesn't help to promote their scare campaigns. An accurate picture of the health consequences of eating fish must include other substances that affect the way mercury interacts with the human body.

Selenium is plentiful in fish, but the public hasn't heard much about its role in the mercury puzzle. As biochemists, pharmacologists, and neurologists study this nutrient, we're gaining a better understanding of its importance.

In scientific jargon, selenium has an unusually high "binding affinity" for mercury. In layman's terms, this means that when the two elements are found together, they tend to connect, forming a new substance. This makes it difficult for the human body to absorb the mercury separately. So when mercury "binds" to selenium, it's no longer free to "bind" to anything else -- like brain tissue.

The research world is still developing explanations for exactly how selenium cancels out mercury's potentially toxic effects, but most scientists accept one of two competing theories.

The conventional idea describes selenium as a sort of "mercury magnet." Under this theory, once selenium is digested it can locate and neutralize mercury molecules. In one study, Japanese researchers found that adding selenium to the diets of birds "gave complete protection" from large amounts of mercury. Research carried out by scientists in Scotland and the Philippines has concluded that the relationship between mercury and selenium is one of "toxicological antagonism." And in the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency describes selenium as an element that is "antagonistic to the toxic effects of mercury."

The more recent selenium hypothesis holds that mercury takes a more active role in the relationship. Under this theory, when mercury enters the body it seeks out selenium and takes it out of circulation, preventing the body from creating enzymes that depend on selenium to perform their functions. Enzymes are special proteins that control the various steps in chemical reactions that make life possible. Without enough selenium-based enzymes, the functions of the brain and other organs can be affected.

While this might sound scary, problems can only occur if we don't get enough selenium to counteract the trace amounts of mercury in the fish we eat. And fish are so rich in selenium that this is not likely to happen. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has measured selenium levels in more than 1,000 commonly consumed foods, and 16 of the 25 best sources of dietary selenium are ocean fish. University of North Dakota environmental scientist Dr. Nicholas Ralston is an expert on the relationship between selenium and mercury. Here's how he describes it:
    Think of dietary selenium as if it were your income and dietary mercury as if it were a bill that you need to pay. Just as we all need a certain amount of money to cover living expenses such as food and rent, we all need a certain amount of selenium ... Only one major study has shown negative effects from exposure to mercury from seafood, and that seafood was pilot whale meat. Pilot whale meat is unusual in that it contains more mercury than selenium. When you eat pilot whale meat, it's like getting a bill for $400 and a check for less than $100. If that happens too much, you go bankrupt. On the other hand, if you eat ocean fish, it's like getting a check in the mail for $500 and getting a bill for $25. The more that happens, the happier you are.

Dr. Ralston is right. Researchers at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration found that most of the fish we eat contains significantly more selenium than mercury. Seafood that contains more mercury (Hg) than selenium (Se) includes pilot whale, tarpon, marlin, and some shark. Fish we most commonly consume, including all forms of tuna and salmon, are rich in selenium.

More importantly: Mercury levels found in fish have actually DECLINED or stayed the same over the past 15 years.'

Tuna Threads - Harder to stop than zombies.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    And I did this via PM, and only was cautious because of giving "health" advice to a friend on the intarwebz . I also used the govt's own 3-4 cans (5-6oz) per week guideline (I believe it is) which relates to 5oz cans, and these Kirklands are Albacore and 7oz. Personally, I don't worry a nanosecond about mercury in tuna. Yes, it's true that bigger fish (like albacore) typically have higher levels of mercury found in them. However....

I've posted this a few times over the past several years here, and this is simply an article that I agree with and believe, as well as think others might benefit from reading, if only to get another viewpoint:
    Excellent information guys, thanks. I'll continue to enjoy my Albacore/Avocado/Wheat sandwich with Cottage Cheese and Green Salad sides ;-)