Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

squats...how long before you notice any changes?

Just wondering how long do you have to do squats before you notice any changes to your legs and ass? I am beginning to notice a rounder ass and its been about 3 months. But i use the leg press and do deadlifts. who knows...
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since i probably have different goals to you it may not be relevant but anyway since i started heavy squatting i notcied my legs increase an inch within the first 6 weeks, whilst eating heaps..

Not to presume your goals or anything im going to think that you dont want to put heaps of inches on your legs..? But then any change in composition in the lower body should be more noticable within 6 -8 weeks i would imagine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks heaps. my legs have started to change shape also and I want to bulk them with muscle but not too big. My main goal with squats is to firm the butt and the legs. I am seeing results though. thanks a lot for replying. rep to you.
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I started squatting not long ago. (3 months ago) Since then my ass has tightened up and probably got a bit bigger (bulking) Main growth though has been in vastus medialis and upper quad - tensor fasciae latae, rectus femoris. My ass probably gets hit harder from deadlifts.
    http://www.chiropractic-help.com/ima...ad-muscles.gif

Strength has rocketed up too.

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    6-8 weeks imo

also pics of changes
    Last edited by entropy1; 03-01-2010 at 02:53 AM.

imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000)
    I could see a difference in my legs after the first 2 weeks.

diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10) diablo2032 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on weight and how deep you go. three weeks before I noticed any difference.

just came back from the gym and squatted 50 kilos using the smith machine though. I got a bad back so I am easing into it using the smith before I use the bar. I did leg presses tonight, I used 120kgs on the machine. feel sore but good.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aussieangie View Post
    just came back from the gym and squatted 50 kilos using the smith machine though. I got a bad back so I am easing into it using the smith before I use the bar. I did leg presses tonight, I used 120kgs on the machine. feel sore but good.
    wow, bad back please stay away from the smith machine.. especially with a bad back damn!!

Whoever told you to use this for squatting with a bad back is wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    wow, bad back please stay away from the smith machine.. especially with a bad back damn!!
    This.

Do BB squats. You won't be able to squat 50 kg, so start light, with 20 kg or so. Work your way up from there.

http://www.fitnessforrealmen.com/Ima...bell_squat.jpg

I actually feel ok using the smith with my back believe it or not. Its not hurting me.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Smile

I actually feel ok using the smith with my back believe it or not. Its not hurting me.
    mmm,.. its up to you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    This.

Do BB squats. You won't be able to squat 50 kg, so start light, with 20 kg or so. Work your way up from there.

http://www.fitnessforrealmen.com/Ima...bell_squat.jpg

Thanks for the info
    Last edited by aussieangie; 03-01-2010 at 04:09 AM.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    when i first started doing squats (properly) like 5 years ago, i noticed changes within a week

mmm,.. its up to you.
    so what do you suggest?
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My posterior has certainly grown from squatting.
    awesome new forum ---> www dot aussie gym junkies dot com <--- awesome new forum

so what do you suggest?
    What lucifer said, this guy knows his squats and the potential dangers of the smith machine..
    I have heard countless stories people hurting or agitating their back from squatting on the smith machine and thats people without excisting back problems!!

I Would suggest free weight BB squats start light and youll appreciate it more and see better progress from your core muscles to your lower body.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

its funny cause I am the only female to use the weights room let alone do squats. tonight especially the all they were doing was cardio.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

its funny cause I am the only female to use the weights room let alone do squats. tonight especially the all they were doing was cardio.
    Oh well keep using it, can i ask what happend to your back?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

What lucifer said, this guy knows his squats and the potential dangers of the smith machine..
    I have heard countless stories people hurting or agitating their back from squatting on the smith machine and thats people without excisting back problems!!

I Would suggest free weight BB squats start light and youll appreciate it more and see better progress from your core muscles to your lower body.
    ok thanks I will consider doing it. Just want to make sure that I get my form right as I dont have anyone to spot me.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Oh well keep using it, can i ask what happend to your back?
    sure, I did my back 1 year when I sneezed and I went for xrays. they showed as having arthritis in the lower back from either a fall when I was young or at birth. The 2 lower ones are the problem, but I have not had back soreness for ages. I used to be 31 kilos heavier and ever since losing the weight, not back problems anymore.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50) TeamFlex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok thanks I will consider doing it. Just want to make sure that I get my form right as I dont have anyone to spot me.
    squat in squat cage, adjust rails, if too heavy then just let that barbell drop.

awesome new forum ---> www dot aussie gym junkies dot com <--- awesome new forum

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Angie
    Start off light and work your way up from there. Post a video here, so we can assess your form. There are two basic ways of squatting - a. high bar and b. low bar. A high bar squat will place more emphasis on your quads. A low bar squat will place more emphasis on your posterior chain (glutes and hams) and also less stress on your lower back, than a high bar squat. I'm guessing, you'd want to try low bar squats.

Here's a good link on how to do low bar squats -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbBsn7IbPU
    Last edited by -Lucifer; 03-01-2010 at 04:28 AM.

A low bar postition, would require you to place the bar over your rear delts.

http://stronglifts.com/images/squat/...-placement.jpg

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    A low bar postition, would require you to place the bar over your rear delts.

http://stronglifts.com/images/squat/...-placement.jpg
    Thats what im using these days, high bar grip inflammed my cervical spine and it felt wierd, so low bar squats FTW!, good link -L
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats what im using these days, high bar grip inflammed my cervical spine and it felt wierd, so low bar squats FTW!, good link -L
    interesting...i will have to look into it. thanks heaps.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    high bar ftw, i aint no PL

Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red1922 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've always had great genetics as far as leg development goes. When starting my workout regiment about a year ago, I went from squatting 135 to 225 in about 3 weeks. My leg development was pretty instant.

Squats are my favorite exercise for getting a massive full body pump. Nothing else like it in the gym.

ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000) ChecksandGiggles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it depends on how much you squat. When I first started I was going all out, ATG with 5RM's 3 times a week. I could only keep that up for a couple weeks, but legs definitely got thicker.
    Eternal Gym Rat, Student Physical Therapist. None of my post content should be taken as medical advice. Ask your doctor/PT.

Best Gym Lifts: 585/390/675 440 FS 265 OHP @203 No longer competing

I lift weights for fun

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just wondering how long do you have to do squats before you notice any changes to your legs and ass? I am beginning to notice a rounder ass and its been about 3 months. But i use the leg press and do deadlifts. who knows...
    Since no one has mentioned it... if your goal is to look firmer and tighter, making sure your diet is in check will make your results more obvious quicker.

It's all well and good to increase your squat poundage by x lbs in 6 months, but if you aren't eating correctly, it'll take much longer to see changes.
    -