Thread: Chest too big.

MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest too big.

So I’ve been working out for a good 8+ months. I’m 16 years old and have been noticing something that seems to not be a huge problem but it’s definitely bugging the crap out of me. My chest is absolutely huge compared to everything else. The shirts I wear have to fit to just let my chest be comfortable so I can breathe.
    The downside is, however, my arms aren’t up to speed with my chest as you’d expect them to be. I’m 165 pounds (down from 220 give or take last June) and have come a long way. I have even gone to doing close grip bench more often just to hit the triceps a bit more.
    What should I do to get my arms up to speed? I’m considering Creatine, But I don’t want “Water Guns”, I won’t the real stuff. Plus, last time I was on it (back at 175 pounds in January or so) I experienced bloating. I’d prefer to keep my stomach as lean as possible so I can get 100% visible abs by Mid summer.
    Any advice?
    TL;DR – Big chest, arms don’t match it, how to build bigger arms?
    Bit more info: I’ve been lifting heavy the past few months. My dad, previous bodybuilder, told me I should consider going a few weeks/ month or so of High reps/Lower weight to get my body out of it’s current adaptation. Is there any

BTW: It's not a fat chest, it's solid rock 85% of the time.

Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking at your chest it looks like it's just a little remaining fat. Cut it down.

DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DrBurito is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have the same problem... arms are tiny compared to chest (ratio wise)...

Will be nice to see what other members have to say...

AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MikeDaMan View Post
    So I’ve been working out for a good 8+ months. I’m 16 years old and have been noticing something that seems to not be a huge problem but it’s definitely bugging the crap out of me. My chest is absolutely huge compared to everything else. The shirts I wear have to fit to just let my chest be comfortable so I can breathe.
    The downside is, however, my arms aren’t up to speed with my chest as you’d expect them to be. I’m 165 pounds (down from 220 give or take last June) and have come a long way. I have even gone to doing close grip bench more often just to hit the triceps a bit more.
    What should I do to get my arms up to speed? I’m considering Creatine, But I don’t want “Water Guns”, I won’t the real stuff. Plus, last time I was on it (back at 175 pounds in January or so) I experienced bloating. I’d prefer to keep my stomach as lean as possible so I can get 100% visible abs by Mid summer.
    Any advice?
    Bit more info: I’ve been lifting heavy the past few months. My dad, previous bodybuilder, told me I should consider going a few weeks/ month or so of High reps/Lower weight to get my body out of it’s current adaptation. Is there any

Phuck that bro, your arms look fine in proportion with your chest. Try hitting arms twice a week and only hittin chest once but you also use tris when you bench so that helps a bit. Also try seated incline db curls, made my arms burn for the first time in a while.

MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lindoras View Post
    Looking at your chest it looks like it's just a little remaining fat. Cut it down.
    What should i do to cut it down? I've noticed it's got a slight bit left. High Reps/Lower weight?
    Specific exercises?
    Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by AestheticG0d View Post
    Phuck that bro, your arms look fine in proportion with your chest. Try hitting arms twice a week and only hittin chest once but you also use tris when you bench so that helps a bit.
    Thanks bro! So are you saying to hit my normal Back/bi's then Chest/Tri's on their respective days but add a day more focussed on arms?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chest/arm measurements.

Me and 7339Martyn definitely have a shetty chest:arm ratio.

AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AestheticG0d has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks bro! So are you saying to hit my normal Back/bi's then Chest/Tri's on their respective days but add a day more focussed on arms?
    Yea just add a few more arm exercises and maybe subtract a few chest exercises but dont stop hitin your chest just because you feel its too big.

ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any advice?

Alright dude, im in the same position as you - chest and back out of proportion to the rest of my body, and around the same age. I recently bought Creatine this week and have found it is really good, i can push my self harder then before, and have been aching like when i first started going to the gym - and i'd prefer to look massive with water arms than have abs, you could always try cutting later on and get that six pack. I also have started Jim Stopanni's 12 week "Shortcut To Size", that should work on getting your body out of its normal adaption, as it is split up into 3 microcyles, each microcycle is 4 weeks, week1, lower weight but 12-15reps on each exercise, week 2 is 9-11reps, week 3, 5-8 and week 4, 3-5 so you are adding weight each week, give it a look. Hope this helps you dude!
    Last edited by ryan1996; 04-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Going to compete in 2017

smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A friend of mine did Dumbbell Flyes nearly everyday to get a big manly chest.

Everything else is lacking so he just looks like he has man boobs

Maybe do some more shoulder/tricep work to even it out a bit

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What should i do to cut it down? I've noticed it's got a slight bit left. High Reps/Lower weight?
    Specific exercises?
    Thanks for the help.
    Yes Higher reps lower weight. Also use free weights as much as possible. Incline dumbbel flyes are a very good exercise.

Thanks for all the great replies guys, I'd rep if I could.
    @Ryan - Thanks man, I will definitely look into that, anything to push out of my current adaptation is a start.
    @Smitty- I definitely need to hit triceps more, in fact until recently, I had only been working the side of the tricep (forget name) and had been completely neglecting the bottom of it (elbow to armpit) aside from bench pressing and Dumbell bench/incline. Had never isolated it with ropes or nothing. So I've got quite a ways Dont know how i missed it, just never knew to do it...
    @Aesthetic - Good advice, definitely will try and incorporate it.
    @Lindoras - Thanks for clearing that up, I'll put Incline DB flies into my routine. I accept the challenge.

-BBQ- : Nice pic btw. I laughed.

Thanks everyone!

jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonMENDOZA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You just happen to be one of those people with a big chest small arms physique.

I happen to have big shoulders/arms & a pretty small chest compared to them
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't."

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for all the great replies guys, I'd rep if I could.
    @Ryan - Thanks man, I will definitely look into that, anything to push out of my current adaptation is a start.
    @Smitty- I definitely need to hit triceps more, in fact until recently, I had only been working the side of the tricep (forget name) and had been completely neglecting the bottom of it (elbow to armpit) aside from bench pressing and Dumbell bench/incline. Had never isolated it with ropes or nothing. So I've got quite a ways Dont know how i missed it, just never knew to do it...
    @Aesthetic - Good advice, definitely will try and incorporate it.
    @Lindoras - Thanks for clearing that up, I'll put Incline DB flies into my routine. I accept the challenge.

-BBQ- : Nice pic btw. I laughed.

Thanks everyone!
    I am the only person you did not reply to.

re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50) re4l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeh my arms use to be small compared to my chest, it jus takes time to bring them up.

jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dont worry

Don't worry if your chest is too big lol. Just make everything else bigger. Plus put a lot of work into shoulders and tris

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Specific exercises?
    Thanks for the help.
    You cant spot reduce fat.

deadlemonz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got a larger chest than my arms too...but personally I like the look lol.

vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadlemonz1 View Post
    I've got a larger chest than my arms too...but personally I like the look lol.
    Work your arms harder and do a prioritization for arms program hitting them 2 times per week, for chest do what you usually do.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/VladimirVersicTV?feature=mhsn

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also have a massive chest and pin arms... fml

edit... I think it may be how you train muscles? i love training chest and push really hard

yet i hate training byceps, so give up pretty easy..

may be the reason for your imbalance too (muscle mind connection?)
    Last edited by gingersgym; 04-13-2012 at 01:49 AM.

jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Quit whining could be worse

God all you guys that are complaining about your chest are tiny. Just focus on getting bigger and **** will grow!

jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jqrambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Chest too big... I laughed, such a thing...isn't possible