kbroadwater78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

breast implants and working out chest

i have read that implants can move or shift outwards when lifting? they are under the muscle. what should i avoid when doing chest?

mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommalu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I avoid Nothing!!
    Mine are under and I have no problems. And, I lift heavy!!
    *~Desire, Discipline and Determination, create unstoppable possibilities!~

meeshlw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meeshlw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meeshlw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meeshlw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meeshlw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine are over - but have had no issues. good luck
    ~Meesh

*** Not as good as tomorrow, but certainly better than yesterday.
    *** Dont just talk about it, be about it
    *** Go to the gym...today. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just go to the gym today.

CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, truth is, if they are under the muslce, then yes, you can end up pushing the implants out to the sides. I have seen a few women have this happen, esp. if they lift heavy. It does not cause a problem for most women, but it does make sense.

You have a specficially created pocket for an implant and that implant is placed under your muscle. Whenever the muscle is engaged, the implant displaces (a little on some women, a lot on others...this is often called "distortion"). Now, instead of engaging that muscle doing day to day things, like opening jars or wiping counter tops, imagine that you are lifting 50 lbs and actually building up and tightening the very muscle that the implant is under. You do this repeatedly over the course of time. It can't help but do something, right?

It might only be so minor as to be just a slight visual widening of the cleavage but on some women, it can be more severe and actually start to push the implants out towards the armpits.

My PS told me not to do any direct chest work, so I will do push ups once a week to keep up some strength and will also do dips to keep the upper body strong, but no more pushing heavy poundage for me on presses!

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I noticed some outward shifting when I started to go heavy. I go lighter now (higher reps) and no problems.

How long has it been since you had the surgery? Best advice...listen to your PS and your body...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CassBH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    I noticed some outward shifting when I started to go heavy. I go lighter now (higher reps) and no problems.

How long has it been since you had the surgery? Best advice...listen to your PS and your body...
    Yeah, I think that is the best advice. Truth is, once you get implants, you whole pec view is firmer so there should be less need to lift heavy. Obviously, you still want to do some things to keep strength up to prevent asymmetry and prevent injury, but beyond that, you risk damage to your investment of implants.

I, for one, wish I had not done it (though some days, I feel better about my decision than others). I just don't like the "shifting" feeling when you use your pecs for upper body work. Course, once I lost a lot of fat and saw what I was left with, obviously, that is what drove me to get a BA. I am sure if I was back to looking at those sorry little things, I would be under the knife all over again!! Ah well, as my hubby says, I am not easy to please.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hurray for this thread! I'm about to experience the same concern. LOL

Originally Posted by mommalu View Post
    I avoid Nothing!!
    Mine are under and I have no problems. And, I lift heavy!!
    How long have you been lifting heavy? How long did you wait after surgery to begin lifting and how long did it take you to get "back to normal?" (everyone who has experience with this, please feel free to chime in). I actually almost asked you whether you had implants when you posted your dips video, because I have worried about whether I'm going to have to give anything up! But I didn't want to be rude. LOL

FWIW, my surgeon says the only reason implants will shift is if the "pocket" isn't created properly (too big allowing the implant to shift, wrong location to begin with). He said he will be releasing muscle toward my inner chest to encourage the implant to settle closer together instead of further apart. His greater concern was whether "my livelihood depended upon lifting heavy," (I'm not a competitive powerlifter, so no)...but really felt I'd be able to go on with life as usual. He did mention that if I got HYOOGE that, THAT could change the appearance of my implants relative to my body drastically but that should take too long to matter. LOL

HOWEVER, so many women feel that their implants have shifted due to chest work that it is still concerning to me! ATM, I'm thinking I need to ask the doc at what point recovery is completely over (I'm thinking it's gonna be well beyond that 4-6 week mark). I might wait to do direct chest work or at least keep it pretty frickin' light to keep the associated muscle flexible until that point.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also think that not waiting long enough post surgery to lift heavy is a cause of the shifting.

I know it was for me. My PS told me to wait a good year before going heavy. He said it takes a full year for the muscles to be healed.

Didn't listen. I could feel them moving, but once I stopped, they settled back to where they should be. I am coming up on the year mark in Dec. I am anxiously curious to see what will happen

I love mine...best decision I ever ever ever made!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    I also think that not waiting long enough post surgery to lift heavy is a cause of the shifting.

I know it was for me. My PS told me to wait a good year before going heavy. He said it takes a full year for the muscles to be healed.

Didn't listen. I could feel them moving, but once I stopped, they settled back to where they should be. I am coming up on the year mark in Dec. I am anxiously curious to see what will happen

I love mine...best decision I ever ever ever made!
    It's good that things fell back into place!

I feared it would be that long for things to be fully healed (was hoping to hear 3-6 months)! Blah. LOL How "light" are you having to lift? Is it something you can kinda figure out by feel? Have any other muscle groups been effected (can you still do heavy shoulder press and pulls)?

woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodenshoes055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well from my personal experience I went underneath the muscle through the armpit and it was also a good yr before I could lift heavy. Bench press took the longest which was a little over a yr w/o it bothering me. Doing pullups and dips really didnt bother me. It's being impatient that was the hardest especially after about 8months I felt normal and fine but I had to remind myself not to try and lift heavy especially after all the money I spent on them!:}

I also had a lift, so double the surgery...

I am doing sets of 12-15 for chest, so it is not super light, but light enough to not affect anything but heavy enough to get a pump.

Start slow and listen to YOUR body. Everyones experience is very different... (and as my PS politely reminded me...as we get older, our bodies don't recover as quickly as someone younger.... )

I would start slow and see how you feel, but make certain to listen to how you are feeling. Our bodies are the best gauge and are pretty darn smart if we choose to listen to what they are telling us.

Haxbdax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The lateral part of the pec is very thin, and with repeated distortion, you can cause lateral displacement a need a pocket revision. Some ps recommend pushups or light inline bench only and otherwise hammer shoulders. I think the best bet would be to talk to the surgeon who performed your surgery and ask his advise. He knows your body better and can tell you how much your lateral pec wall could handle.
    Last edited by Haxbdax; 05-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.

HMD7703 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad to find this topic, as I was just wondering the same things.

I am 2 weeks post op (BA with lift, unders) and was told by my PS to wait 2 months for light lifting and 1 yr for heavy. I am worried what my arms will look like waiting 2 months?!?!

I am still hurting (mostly from the lift incisions) and not ready to do much anyway. Did you start cardio early post op? Right now I am walking, that's it. It doesn't seem like enough. Ideas? Suggestions? I really do not want to pack on pounds while healing.

Thanks!

marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine are under the muscle and I can not go as heavy as before I had them, I can literally feel them seperate and it freaks me out, so I only work on my chest once a week and only do about 3 different excercises. Way to expensive to screw them up, dont have an extra 7 grand laying around to fix them.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HMD7703 View Post

I am 2 weeks post op (BA with lift, unders) and was told by my PS to wait 2 months for light lifting and 1 yr for heavy. I am worried what my arms will look like waiting 2 months?!?!

I am still hurting (mostly from the lift incisions) and not ready to do much anyway. Did you start cardio early post op? Right now I am walking, that's it. It doesn't seem like enough. Ideas? Suggestions? I really do not want to pack on pounds while healing.

Thanks!
    Wow, at this point in my training, the thought of putting training on hold for A WHOLE YEAR would totally not make it worth it.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello~

I just wanted to chime in - got a full lift (lollipop) and unders on Nov 1 of last year. I hope someone has directed you to the justbreastimplants forum specifically for women to discuss surgery / recovery? There are many threads devoted to returning to exercise post surgery in that forum. While you may have to filter some of the responses as some of the posters will have a different interpretation of "lifting heavy" as compared to gals around here, you will find it helpful. It will also help you as you are going to feel some really weird and wacky things in the next 3-6 weeks, trust me. You'll feel a bit better knowing that you aren't alone in those experiences.

Like most surgeries, the post operative care your PS will prescribe will be tailored to your specific needs / situation. While gathering opinions is interesting, I would think it most important to follow the post care you and your doctor had discussed (presumably prior to surgery). If you visit the forum I mentioned, you'll see varying PS's advice on all sorts of matters, not just exercising (i.e. to massage/not to massage, etc.) I know I followed my doctor's instructions to a tee as I was worried that if I didn't and did experience any issues, he could blame my non-compliance.

In terms of my personal story: I took two full weeks off - not anything (including walking) - I thought I was going to die of boredom but did catch up on my reading and movie watching At three weeks, I returned to running. At 8 weeks, I returned to lifting with the exception of direct chest work. At 4 months, I was given permission to work chest directly again but with the caveat that my PS did not advocate a big increase in muscle mass post surgery. This was something I had discussed with him prior to surgery and knew before I had my operation.

It took me about 2 months to get back into the groove of things and yes, certain exercises felt really weird and still do (you can't have a hunk of saline placed in your muscle and not expect it to feel different I guess). Specifically, I found hanging leg raises (of all things) to be a freaky chest feeling! I now do every move I did prior to surgery and, in most exercises (except direct chest work), at heavier weights than I did prior to surgery. I do some chest work (incline press and DB bench press) but only as a component of either my back or arm day. Like another poster said, I spent way too much on my 'gals' and can't risk damage - it helps that chest isolation work was my least favourite work prior to surgery. I log all my workouts in the journaling section here.

Wow, I thought I was just going to post a sentence or two. Sorry for the rambling. If you have any specific questions about my experience, you can shoot me a PM.
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got mine in 2007 (saline--unders--full B/small C cup--sporty look). I think I only waited 6 weeks, 8 weeks tops! I do all kinds of chest presses; incline, decline, flies; you name it. No issues whatsoever. I feel them move, but damn that's normal. Real boobs move, so should implants.

Ultimately, it's your physician's call, but I would get a second opinion on the 1-year wait.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mine are under, had an anchor lift, and they were done 8 years ago. When I was doing Crossfit we did a lot of chest type stuff and I would always attempt it and then sit out of it. I always felt the uncomfortable "strain" or the feeling of shifting to the side, and frankly, it scared me enough to stop doing any chest exercises. I still do pushups though. I'm sure others will disagree, but I personally don't see the reason to do chest at all, unless you're competing. My body looks nice enough and I do enough other exercises that I don't see the need. To each his own though...my thoughts are, if it hurts, don't do it!
    Karen

Originally Posted by HMD7703 View Post

Thanks!
    Wow...old thread! I barely remember my original posts in here. LOL

I actually LOST weight while healing (kinda eating at maintenance but was also enjoying more cheats than I had planned to indulge in). And here is a picture of my arms at almost exactly 2 months after my BA:
    Loss of fluid in the muscle probably had a little to do with the weight I lost. LOL That was probably the most difficult thing to deal with, as I'm used to my arms standing out! But they came back quickly once it quit feeling weird to lift so no big deal in the end. Don't get in a hurry worrying about losing (whatever), or you'll just hurt yourself/make yourself sick (remember your body has some major healing to do!). 2 months off isn't enough time to actually lose much of anything. You'll just be temporarily deflated. I think it was at around 3 months post-op that I started looking how I was used to looking again.

I was allowed to do walk and do light legs at the 2 week mark. Light legs was really all I could handle. Anything that caused pressure in the upper abs toward my pecs felt wrong (a burning sensation, like something might tear) and getting my heart rate up much at all took a lot out of my body (I'd start feeling nauseated and dizzy if I tried to push it). If I remember correctly, at around the 2 month mark, I was feeling pretty good and was able to actually work on getting my strength back up everywhere. Basically, gym time was spent kinda piddling around to have something to do until that point. Ha!

So far as the original intention of this thread goes, I had a checkup at 5 weeks and was released to do upper body at that point, but couldn't go straight back into heavy lifts. Vertical pulls were very weak for quite a while (about a year). I was worried I'd never be able to do a chin up again, but I can easily do them now (well, as "easily" as I could do them before...LOL). Horizontal pulls came back up pretty fast. Legs weren't a problem. I spent FOREVER doing "air bench press" before I could start adding the tiniest increments of weight without feeling a burning sensation I didn't feel safe working through. Over the last year (it's been about 2 1/2 years since my surgery), I've made the greatest leaps so far as chest strength goes, but I'm still not near where I used to be. PART of it has to do with a tricky shoulder...it really is starting to feel like if my shoulder will stop acting up I'll be able to at least work up to the weights I used to use for various forms of bench press as I haven't felt that "burning sensation" in a while. If I feel as though the implants are starting to shift, I'll play "knock it off," but until then I don't plan to stop trying.
    Last edited by Amanda76; 05-25-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Resizing massive photo

Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Wow...old thread! I barely remember my original posts in here. LOL

I actually LOST weight while healing (kinda eating at maintenance but was also enjoying more cheats than I had planned to indulge in). And here is a picture of my arms at almost exactly 2 months after my BA:
    Loss of fluid in the muscle probably had a little to do with the weight I lost. LOL That was probably the most difficult thing to deal with, as I'm used to my arms standing out! But they came back quickly once it quit feeling weird to lift so no big deal in the end. Don't get in a hurry worrying about losing (whatever), or you'll just hurt yourself/make yourself sick (remember your body has some major healing to do!). 2 months off isn't enough time to actually lose much of anything. You'll just be temporarily deflated. I think it was at around 3 months post-op that I started looking how I was used to looking again.

I was allowed to do walk and do light legs at the 2 week mark. Light legs was really all I could handle. Anything that caused pressure in the upper abs toward my pecs felt wrong (a burning sensation, like something might tear) and getting my heart rate up much at all took a lot out of my body (I'd start feeling nauseated and dizzy if I tried to push it). If I remember correctly, at around the 2 month mark, I was feeling pretty good and was able to actually work on getting my strength back up everywhere. Basically, gym time was spent kinda piddling around to have something to do until that point. Ha!

So far as the original intention of this thread goes, I had a checkup at 5 weeks and was released to do upper body at that point, but couldn't go straight back into heavy lifts. Vertical pulls were very weak for quite a while (about a year). I was worried I'd never be able to do a chin up again, but I can easily do them now (well, as "easily" as I could do them before...LOL). Horizontal pulls came back up pretty fast. Legs weren't a problem. I spent FOREVER doing "air bench press" before I could start adding the tiniest increments of weight without feeling a burning sensation I didn't feel safe working through. Over the last year (it's been about 2 1/2 years since my surgery), I've made the greatest leaps so far as chest strength goes, but I'm still not near where I used to be. PART of it has to do with a tricky shoulder...it really is starting to feel like if my shoulder will stop acting up I'll be able to at least work up to the weights I used to use for various forms of bench press as I haven't felt that "burning sensation" in a while. If I feel as though the implants are starting to shift, I'll play "knock it off," but until then I don't plan to stop trying.
    Thanks for posting Amanda! I just had my BA a week ago and I'm already going nuts sitting at home. Prior to my surgery, I came down with Mono, so I took a month and a half off!! Sadly, I've already gained about 15 lbs just from eating a lot more cheat foods and not having my meals planned like I use to. Like you, I'm use to my arms standing out and now am watching them slowly go away.

Anyway, hoping I'll be back in the game soon! Thanks again for sharing.
    He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Muhammad Ali

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold

Originally Posted by Maxime1 View Post
    Thanks for posting Amanda! I just had my BA a week ago and I'm already going nuts sitting at home. Prior to my surgery, I came down with Mono, so I took a month and a half off!! Sadly, I've already gained about 15 lbs just from eating a lot more cheat foods and not having my meals planned like I use to. Like you, I'm use to my arms standing out and now am watching them slowly go away.

Anyway, hoping I'll be back in the game soon! Thanks again for sharing.
    You know what you need to do to tighten back up and get back to the point where you're progressing so you'll be fine! And you're almost to the point where you can at least hang out on the treadmill when you're bored...if you've been holding water post-surgery (many people do) you'll stop looking so swollen everywhere once you can start doing that. Immediately post-surgery I didn't even recognize my wrists, forearms or ankles. My tummy was strange looking, too. I looked so weird! But simply being able to walk helped a lot.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just out of lazy curiosity, is it different for implants over the muscle?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Just out of lazy curiosity, is it different for implants over the muscle?
    Much easier recovery when you go OTM, and from what I've heard lifts aren't typically effected.

anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Much easier recovery when you go OTM, and from what I've heard lifts aren't typically effected.
    yess. much better for recovery and for heavy lifting but its uglier! under the muscle looks the best! (on people that have small boobs from the start and no sag)

not waiting for long enough after surgery can be extremely damaging for the boobs! just google image Muscle Distortion!!

my boobs weren't completely healed until after about a year after surgery, I only now, after 4 years started lifting heavy.

I can feel my boobs moving and hurting when I do chest excersises. I try not to lift too heavy because Im scared that they will move. I really dont want a motorway between my boobs, i like them close!

anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anjanjanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive been on so many boob forums post and pre surgery and weight gain is very common when doing your boobs!