HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Will weight gainers make me fat?

Hey guys,

Recently I've been doing some research on the idea of a weight gainer.

I'm a bit of a hardgainer. I definitely see my body changing a lot, but my actual weight just doesn't seem to budge very much. I'm very proud of my gains since I started working out, and I see and feel visual evidence of my progress, but I just want to see that damn number on the scale change!

I'm not the biggest eater in the world. I definitely don't under eat, but I just don't have the biggest stomach. The internet tells me weight gainers are a great solution to this problem, but.. when I go to my local supplement store, first of all I'm not even sure they have weight gainers, but more importantly, the guys there always tell me not to use them. They throw a bunch of reasons at me but the biggest one seems to be the concern that the user of a weight gainer is likely to just get fat. I definitely don't want that.

I try very hard to stick to my 5 - 6 days per week working out, so I really think that this sufficient lifting + the fact that I can't eat a huge amount will yield good gains with a weight gainer.

I just definitely don't want to go back to being flabby though, so I'm nervous to try one. It got a little intimidating walking into the supplement store looking for weight gainers when all I see are bottles of weight burners!

SECOND question: Do weight gainers come in a pill form? I'd really prefer not to have a powder.

If you can provide me with a link of where to buy one online (providing you think I should take weight gainers) then that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    go learn basic nutrition, you find out if gainers make you fat.

and LOL at gainers coming in pill form. try fitting 500+ cals in a pill.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

I am not a bodybuilder bicepcurlbro's Avatar
    bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    weight gainers are just high calorie supplements and you only get fat if you exceed caloric maintainence, but you still need to exceed caloric maintence to gain muscle

HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HummerH3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I found this article pretty helpful - probs should have read it before posting here: http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.c...t-gainers.html

Now, I'm wondering, does anyone recommend this product from Bodybuilding.com? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/weid/mega.html

lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    learn about calories before you waste your money *******

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my 0.02$: Don't waste your money on a stupid weight gainer.

Eat your calories, not some sh*tty powder.

SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnowBlack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post

Love how everyone hates on weight gainers just because they're powder. Not everyone can intake that many calories due to their stomach, schedule, social life, etc. and the OP has already addressed this.

GAIN MUSCLE FROM POWDER = IMPOSSIBRUuuuu

bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50) bulkerer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post

look whos talking.... an anorexic LOL

kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kyleisraaddd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 7399martyn View Post
    and LOL at gainers coming in pill form. try fitting 500+ cals in a pill.
    I ****ing wish, WOULD BUY

Originally Posted by bulkerer View Post
    look whos talking.... an anorexic LOL
    Yet he speaks the truth,..

brb I know I'm skinny myspace ripped

shortandstrong has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I love these people saying eat real food, yeah thats most important but if you have a job, forget about it. Try working for 10 hours, and also try eating a whole chicken breast with veggies on a ten minute break, not going to happen. You need weight gaining shakes if your a busy person.

travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis1014 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight gainers are just like adding another meal to your day. If you're trying to gain weight then make a shake with it and drink it before bed. It sounds like you're pretty active so I don't think you'll have a problem. If you start to see fat gains then bump up your cardio and do long sessions with an medium pace. My weight training coach actually put me on a weight gainer because I was skinny fat and could not put on muscle to save my life because of it. Started taking the shakes as a fourth meal at night and I was able to increase my lifts rather quickly. Then I put on some size and now I'm slowly cutting my weight down, looking bigger then ever. I use universal gains and that stuff has quality. But the strawberry icecream kind is nasty lol. Oh and as others have said it's much cheaper just to make you're own. Toss some olive oil, milk, peanutbutter, cereal, bananas, eggs, or whatever else you like into a blender and make you're own. Helps because you can control what you put in it. For some , like me, too many carbs at night don't sit well.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shortandstrong View Post
    I love these people saying eat real food, yeah thats most important but if you have a job, forget about it. Try working for 10 hours, and also try eating a whole chicken breast with veggies on a ten minute break, not going to happen. You need weight gaining shakes if your a busy person.
    It's actually pretty easy if your SMART about it and you eat calorie dense foods.
    Examples:
    1) Drink whole milk with your meals easy 500-800 cals
    2) Measure out a couple servings of trail mix and nuts/dried fruit and throw it in a zip lock bag and snack on it throughout the day Another easy 1-1.5kcals