Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ultimate Diet 2.0 Log It's Going to be an Experience

I didn't realise there was a keto board so have moved this from the general nutrition log to here.

Hi all,

This is the first time I have completed one of these logs but given the
    intensity of the programme I have selected I think it is worth sharing my
    journey. I am going to be following Lyle McDonald's UD 2.0 as closely as
    I can. Here is an update for my first three days:

Monday and Tuesday:

Low calorie, low carb and depletion training

Breakdown of Macros Monday:

Calories 1177

Carbs 56

Protein 155

Fat 32

Breakdown of Macros Tuesday:

Calories

Carbs 56

Protein 145

Fat 42

Depletion training was a killer especially on Tuesday, I really struggled to get through the workout. I felt that I should have taken the advise and used machines rather than free weights to ramp up the speed. Despite feeling sick, dizzy and light-headed throughout I really feel I can get even more out of myself next week by moving to machines for this workout. Too much time spent changing plates. I did as the book said and went through the circuit twice with 2 sets of 15 for each exercise:

ab workout for warm up

bench press/cable cross over

incline press

squat/deadlift

hack squat/stiff leg deadlift

rows/pulley rows

leg extensions

leg curls

calf raises

bicep cable curls/zottermans

tricep pulldowns

Wednesday

Decided to go and do some light cardio. Did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike at a moderate pace. Quite miss HIIT so might try and find some time for this next week but not sure how much energy I will have for it.

My macros for Wednesday:

calories: 1164

carbs 33

protein136

fat 48

I should have added more protein at the end of the day. I will keep a closer eye on this and use that protein to go take cals up to 1200 at least to ensure not losing muscle mass.

Thursday

Eating the way I have been for last three days and will post all the details later.

Went for a run this morning which lasted about 20 minutes once again at a
    moderate pace. Felt like an old man trying to get up the hill on his
    zimmer. It was also colder than I expected and I hadn't wrapped up been freezing all day as a result. Really looking forward to carb up later.

Weight on Monday prior to starting 198lbs sitting at 192lbs this morning (Thursday) - not sure about bf don't trust my own readings. I realise that some of this is water weight and I will go up a lot during carb load. Will also get some progress pictures uploaded at start of next week - think I took a starting point one but will wait until comparisons can be made before uploading.

Any comments or observations are most welcome.

tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommybhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The rest of Thursday went well probably better than I expected. I pushed myself to the limit on the tension workout but felt surprisingly good after it. The workout included 2x8 of each exercise:

bench Press
    incline press
    rows
    pulley row
    squats
    leg extension
    leg curl
    calf raises
    rotary calf
    lat raises
    15 minutes on the bike at end

My macros for yesterday were as follows:

calories 2931
    carbs 318
    protein 228
    fat 77

The diet yesterday was interesting because half was low carb half was high carb. I probably had too much fat yesterday too. Ended up in bed early all the training and the carb influx probably hit me. I'm really sore this morning so the tension workout definitely had the desired effect. I'm looking forward to continue with the carb up today. Looking to hit about 1000g of carbs today - that's a lot of carbs. Also going to try and keep the fat down too. Most of my protein will come from the carb sources.

Time to get the body ready for Saturday's power workout now.

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds ough, how do you feel?

Originally Posted by rustybones View Post
    Sounds ough, how do you feel?
    I feel brilliant. I was running an unstructured version of CKD before this so not the biggest shock to my system. My cals are probs too low Mon-Thur am but hasn't impacted this week looking much leaner but not really lost huge amount of weight. After start of carb up last night I had went from 192 to 194 and expect to jump again after my high carb day today. Had 130g carbs this morning and found it hard work. Determined to hit my target of 1000g carb today with low fat.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck! How are you doing energy-wise? Your calories look pretty low.

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Energy was low at end of Tuesday depletion and for most of Wed. Thursday I felt great and my tension workout was great. Hardest bit has been big carb up today but fighting through to get the recommended amount in. On track so far but feeling yucky now

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tommybhoy View Post
    Energy was low at end of Tuesday depletion and for most of Wed. Thursday I felt great and my tension workout was great. Hardest bit has been big carb up today but fighting through to get the recommended amount in. On track so far but feeling yucky now
    The carb up should last over 24 continuous hours.

You shouldn't feel bad, different people react differently to different types of carbs.

What did you eat? You should feel full and not bloated at all.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    I agree. I mean everyone is different, I know I eat on the rather low side also at 1500 cal.. but I'm only 5' 6/7.

If you are 6'0 you can eat a fair amount more and still cut body fat. It would probably make it a bit easier considering it should provide you more energy and nutrients.

keep up the good work and welcome!!
    GOAL is to be the best I have ever been in my life. Lose Fat Gain Muscle!.

--------------------
    1/9/12 209
    4/13/12 179
    4/27/12 172
    6/2/12 160
    Follow my current Transformation!! or let me know about yours

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142832321 - First Log Finished!!

Right update for today before I head to bed - need sleep for big power workout in morning.

Carbs 803g
    protein 180g
    fat 45g

Today was quite clean breads, pastas, cereal, jelly babies etc Delighted that I managed to keep the fat content under 50g

I tried to have toast and baked beans but two slices of wholemeal and a full tin was overkill. Decided to only eat half and retreat to something else. This was a great choice as it could have ruined the whole thing. Have been off work today and actually feel more tired must be all the carbs. Wish I could go to bed but have to go and collect my wife from the pub :|

Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    The carb up should last over 24 continuous hours.

You shouldn't feel bad, different people react differently to different types of carbs.

What did you eat? You should feel full and not bloated at all.
    Yeah over last 24hours I have managed to get roughly the recommended 7g/lb of lean body weight. Started the carb up last night. Felt a wee bit bloated earlier but know that it was the wholegrain bread and the beans that were to blame - they won't be featuring next time. I'm looking forward to some good lifts in the morning

Originally Posted by exwhyzee View Post
    I agree. I mean everyone is different, I know I eat on the rather low side also at 1500 cal.. but I'm only 5' 6/7.

If you are 6'0 you can eat a fair amount more and still cut body fat. It would probably make it a bit easier considering it should provide you more energy and nutrients.

keep up the good work and welcome!!
    Thanks I am aware that they are on the low side. My thinking is that as the weeks go on I can add in which I will see as a bonus rather than bordering the high side and having to take food away lol

rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rustybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks I am aware that they are on the low side. My thinking is that as the weeks go on I can add in which I will see as a bonus rather than bordering the high side and having to take food away lol
    I wouldnt worry too much about the low side, UNLESS you start getting weaker on your lifts, as long as they are staying the same, you should be ok, of course you will not have energy, that is too be expected, also u can track your lean mass by having bf checked every week to make sure u are not loosing the wrong weight.

Power work was great best I've lifted for ages. Bench 107.5kg incline bench 90kg deadlift 210kg (could have went 220kgfelt great). Squat went slower but went really low ass scraping the ground only 160kg can go much higher but really focused on getting as much out muscle as could.

So glad less carbs today gonna manage my macros so wife and I can go to Nandos. Wife was really hungover which I found amusing hopefully that will put her off for awhile

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goodluck with Lyle's UD 2.0. I've been running it for almost 10 months now combined with IF and have made tremendous progress.
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

Update for Saturday night and Sunday.

Went out for dinner last night but was only to Nandos and logged the nutrition data from their website. Day ended up looking like this calories 2795 carbs 342gin 190g fat 51g. Really enjoyed my dinner suppose life can go on as normal on ud 2.0.

Today(Sunday) diet is on track so far and also did a solid 40 mins on treadmill covered just over 5 miles pleased because not been running much lately. Reducing carbs tonight getting ready for 3 and a bit days under 50g. Went shopping to prepare tuna and melted cheese is an appealing snack for this week.

Depletion workout tomorrow night is gonna be torture. Will be using machines to make weight changes quicker and reduce rest periods

Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    Goodluck with Lyle's UD 2.0. I've been running it for almost 10 months now combined with IF and have made tremendous progress.
    Thanks man, really appreciate it

Have you been having breaks between cycles e.g ud 2.0 for 12 weeks then off it for two??

Depletion workout was a killer last night. Using more machines/cables was def the way to crank it up. Decided to keep barbell squats and barbell bench press in though. The workout looked like this squats leg curl leg extension bench press cable crossover pulley rows lat pull down shoulder press calf raises all 4 x 15 rest 40s between sets.

I was very close to throwing up a few times especially on my shoulder press. Felt really dizzy.

Managed 30 mins on bike after it don't know how.

I'll add food intake for yesterday when I'm on my pc but it was appox 1200 calories. I'm tired a d starving today but up for depletion number 2 tonight. Oh I was down to pre carb up weight this morn so fat loss on track this week

Nutrition update from yesterday calories 1209 carbs 32 fat 38protein 167

The second depletion work out tonight was murder and given that I was low on carbs and it was busy was quite frustrated at times. Had to adapt because some equipment wasn't available. Workout was 4x15 with 40s between each set and looked like this: incline press, cable crossover, rows, lat pulldown, stiff legged deadlifts, leg extension, leg curls, lat raises, calf raises. 20 minute cycling to finish off will put abs in on Thursday. I am so tired and have no energy left nothing left to give glad tomorrow will not include any training might just go for a long walk at night though and some cardio on Sat morning.

Macros for today were similar to yesterday calories 1283 carb 33 fat 45 protein 173

Cool

Update for today. Thursday is a funny day on ud 2.0 as it has high carbs and low carbs. I was really hungry this morning but stuck rigidly to the plan. As the day progressed I felt less and less hungry. Had some hemo rage and a small piece of fruit prior to my work out with the purpose of giving me energy for my workout. Purpose of workout was to deplete any glycogen that was left in muscles prior to carb load. I actually battered through the workout and got to the end feeling it just wasn`t enough. Im not sure how I had so much energy at the end as my cals have been appox 1200 since Monday. I did 2 sets of 8 for each of these exercises:

Incline bench, flat bench, rows, lat pull down (will not use cables next time as whole rack was not enough), deadlift (had planned squats but some fat guy who thought he was solid was wasting a lot of time doing barbell shrugs in rack with 90kg on the bar - he struggled btw), leg extension, leg curl, split squats (best exercise of night), zotterman curls (3sets) and tricep pull down (gonna get a dipping belt as this ain't cutting it), lat raises. Still wanted more so went for a run on treadmill 20 mins at an easy 7mph.

Started carb up with some fruit pastels, pasta bolognaise made with low fat quorn mince and low fat sauce. Gonna have some toast and jam before bed and some haribo sweets.

Progress tnis week clear before carb up was 192 before it last week and this week 190 so that is a 2lb loss. Need to get to 50 posts to get pics up cant wait to see different e between week 1 and 3. Abs are coming out to play

Registered User KevFranchiseHan's Avatar
    KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KevFranchiseHan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in. good luck and stay motivated.

Really enjoyed the carb up yesterday focused on white bread, jam, rice and bananas. Calories 4633 fat 80g(higher than normal but went to indian buffet with wife) carbs 828 protein 175. Wasn't as bloated as last week think next weeks carb up will be evn better.

Power workout was a let down. I am away for weekend so trained in hotel gym it didn't have enough equipment to meet my usual needs so had to be creative. At least they had an olympic barbell but only 190kg of loose weights really wanted a crack at a 230kg deadlift this week. My session looked like this bench press, incline press (machine), deadlift, barbell rows, leg press (machine), split squats, lat raises, zotterman curls, narrow grip bench, calf raises, oblique twists, ab crunches, 20 min run.

Glad managed to get something done better than nothing. Going for dinner tonight will stick to the steak have counted it in macros for today. Back to my usual gym tomorrow for cardio can't wait. They have a cheek to call what I trained in this morning a gym!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

T

Also meant to say weighed 190lbs before carb up and was up to 193 after. After carb up last week I was 196 lbs.

Sunday

Did a solid cardio session. Hiit running on treadmill 12 minutes 1 min rest at 7mph 30 secs at 11.3 mph old gym let me go to 14 mpg mind you that was as good as it got. 30 minute run next average of 8.3 mph. Tabata squats and step ups followed by bike 12 minutes medium tension 3 tabata cycles.

Calories 1653 fat 48g carbs 166g protein 159 g need to make sure this is higher next week especially with increased cardio.

I have just finished depletion workout and have no energy will post all details for today in the morning. Think im gonna struggle this week

As I said yesterday, I was totally done after the depletion workout. I really struggled to get through it felt really tired and wanted to quit at points - glad I've got an in built must finish what I've set to do regardless mode. I did 4 sets of 15 on all 40 sec between each set. It looked like this:
    Squats, leg ext, leg curl, incline bench, chest press, pulley row, lat pull down, lat raises, calf raises. Followed this with a 20 min run struggled for first 5 minutes then found incredible energy from somewhere turned it into hiit for last ten mins.

Calories for Monday 1183 fat 37 carbs 40 protein 163

This morning, Tuesday I was back down to thursday`s pre carb up weight of 190 lbs

I will update Tuesday`s depletion workout tomorrow. Will continue with UD 2.0 until I get sub 10% bf but may not continue with log as I feel as if Im talking to myself which is weird

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks man, really appreciate it

Have you been having breaks between cycles e.g ud 2.0 for 12 weeks then off it for two??
    I think I took about 3-4 breaks in the past 10 months or so.
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

Tuesday

I am glad that I had much more energy than I had on Monday. My workout went really well and seemed to have loads of energy at the end of it. Know from how I feel today though that I definitely managed to deplete. As usual I did 4x15 for all exercises. I started with deadlifts and I was really surprised that I managed to get through all 4 sets with 40s rest with 130kg on the bar - thought I had been too ambitious but apparently not. The rest of the workout looked like this:

deadlifts
    rows
    cable crossovers
    incline press
    leg extensions
    calf raises
    pulley row
    bicep curls
    narrow grip bench press

Followed this by a 20 minute run. I am having some calf problems today think it may be as a result of the run but not sure since didn't have the problem last night.

Yesterday's macros:

calories 12154
    fat 31g
    carbs 32g
    protein 194g

Wednesday's Marcos

calories 1356
    fat 61g
    carbs 21g
    protein 170g

As my calf is sore today decided to cycle and use the rowing machine for cardio. I did 20 minutes on each at a moderate pace. As I like to push myself to the limit I left feeling like a bit of a fraud

Tomorrow is the start of the carb up

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats up??? browsed through your log, youve beenpretty accurate, i will be starting a log of my ud2 journey starting soon, i might start after my vaction is over on may 14, or i might start it this monday, havent decided yet, i will be doing it with my wife so it pretty much depends on when she wants to start, but i will be folowing your log how is your progress?

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    whats up??? browsed through your log, youve beenpretty accurate, i will be starting a log of my ud2 journey starting soon, i might start after my vaction is over on may 14, or i might start it this monday, havent decided yet, i will be doing it with my wife so it pretty much depends on when she wants to start, but i will be folowing your log how is your progress?

Thanks mate I'll follow yours once up and running. My progress has been brilliant on this. Only been losing about two lbs per week but strength has def went up. Im hoping to land a 230kg deadlift at weekend which is equal to my pb achieved 30lbs heavier. I expect bench to be up at 110kg too but that is 5 kg short of my pb. My pb squat is 260kg but will not be close to that think that is area that has suffered most haven`t really went for it for ages but will push it at weekend and see where it goes.

Body fat is way down hope to hit 10 after next two cycles.

Thought I would provide an overview of some supplements I've been using:

Optimum Nutrition Whey - ideal as it is very low carb
    Basic multi-vitamin - supermarket brand take 2 before bed
    Hemo Rage one scoop before training - it has 10g of carbs per serving but wouldn't get through training without it
    Vitamin C 1000mg daily
    Yohimbine - ordered last week but not here yet increase fat burning

Might invest in ON casein to take before bed

Any other ideas??