Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2766
    sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by yada View Post
    Thanks Eric, I read your articles on www.prrstraining.com, great articles, can I find more of your articles elsewhere?

I appreciate your comments, I will start this new program today and will update you guys with my progress...
    There are more articles on the ironmanmagazine.com website and in a thread on MD.com as well.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did shock chest on monday and my chest is still killing me

just thought id throw that in
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kr0ss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am about to embark on this great program here. I just have one quick question about it before I start. I wanted to know is it really optimal for growth & strength by working one exercise every 3 weeks? For example if I'm doing Military press on power week followed by Bent laterals on rep range followed by Cable front raise dropset for shock week, In essence I haven't done the Military press in 2 weeks. Will I actually gain strength on my Military press when go back to power? Thanks for your feedback guys

BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kr0ss View Post
    I am about to embark on this great program here. I just have one quick question about it before I start. I wanted to know is it really optimal for growth & strength by working one exercise every 3 weeks? For example if I'm doing Military press on power week followed by Bent laterals on rep range followed by Cable front raise dropset for shock week, In essence I haven't done the Military press in 2 weeks. Will I actually gain strength on my Military press when go back to power? Thanks for your feedback guys
    Generally I will do a different type of shoulder press each week.

power week arnold press
    rep range week neutral push press
    shock week machine press.

These are all shoulder pressing movements and so my shoulder are still getting hit very hard on pressing movements even if it is a different style. I suggest a pushing movement each week.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you sure you totally understand the program? You do not just use one exercise per week, but simply change the techniques used each week. You can actually use military press during P, RR, and S weeks if you wish.

Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    Are you sure you totally understand the program? You do not just use one exercise per week, but simply change the techniques used each week. You can actually use military press during P, RR, and S weeks if you wish.
    Yeah, I understand that you don't have to use one exercise per week. I was asking if by switching up an exercise like Military press and the next week not doing it but doing a different exercise for shoulders, would be optimal. Should I set up the routine where I just change the power, rep range and shock and not the exercises. Or should I change the excises week to week.. for example on shoulder day.

This?......

POWER: week 1

- Military press...2-3 x 4-6
    - Upright row...2-3 x 4-6
    - "Cheat" lateral...2 x 4-6

REP RANGE: week 2

- Single arm dumbell press...2 x 6-8
    - Bent lateral...2-3 x 8-10
    - Cable side lateral...2 x 10-12

SHOCK: week 3

- Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8

Or This........

- Military press...2 x 6-8
    - Upright row...2-3 x 8-10
    - lateral...2 x 10-12

- Military press/Front Raises...1-2 x 8-10
    - Upright row superset/Rear Delt raise...1-2 x 8-10
    - Lateral dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kr0ss...if you really want to focus on bringing up your military press #s then the second outline seems better becuase you will be doing that exercise frequently and hitting it in various rep ranges. However, for overall growth the first outline may be better. I'll let Eric give you a better answer but I will tell you what I do personally:

I would do the miliatary press on power week and shock week. That way on power week 1 i hit a certain number, get some stimulus from military press during shock week and then on power week 2 hopefully i can hit a new PR

Yeah, I understand that you don't have to use one exercise per week. I was asking if by switching up an exercise like Military press and the next week not doing it but doing a different exercise for shoulders, would be optimal. Should I set up the routine where I just change the power, rep range and shock and not the exercises. Or should I change the excises week to week.. for example on shoulder day.

This?......

- Single arm dumbell press...2 x 6-8
    - Bent lateral...2-3 x 8-10
    - Cable side lateral...2 x 10-12

- Seated side lateral/hammer machine press superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Severse pec deck/WG upright row superset...1-2 x 8-10
    - Cable front raise dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8

Or This........

- Military press...2 x 6-8
    - Upright row...2-3 x 8-10
    - lateral...2 x 10-12

- Military press/Front Raises...1-2 x 8-10
    - Upright row superset/Rear Delt raise...1-2 x 8-10
    - Lateral dropset...1 x 6-8, drop 6-8, drop 6-8
    If you want to specialize on a particular movement, then by all means use it week to week. However, if you are just looking for overall muscle gain you can switch to a smiliar exercise and still gain strength. So, if you do military press one week, DB press the next and machine shoulder press the next, you will still likely get stronger in all 3 movements.

That said...never feel locked into any group of exercises week to week. Change all 3, just 1 or 2, or keep the same and play with the order. Just mix things up here and there to keep you body off balance.

Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    If you want to specialize on a particular movement, then by all means use it week to week. However, if you are just looking for overall muscle gain you can switch to a smiliar exercise and still gain strength. So, if you do military press one week, DB press the next and machine shoulder press the next, you will still likely get stronger in all 3 movements.

That said...never feel locked into any group of exercises week to week. Change all 3, just 1 or 2, or keep the same and play with the order. Just mix things up here and there to keep you body off balance.
    Thanks so much, My goal right now is overall muscle gain. I just wasn't sure if I would make the best gains if I would switched it up week to week. I'm looking forward to it now! Thanks again guys!

One more quick question, I see a lot of users using a 4 day split. I am a pretty advance lifter (5yrs) should I go for a 5 day instead of the 4? My nutrition and sleep is great btw

One more quick question, I see a lot of users using a 4 day split. I am a pretty advance lifter (5yrs) should I go for a 5 day instead of the 4? My nutrition and sleep is great btw
    This is up to you. I normally train on a 4-day split or at the most go 2 days on, 1 day off. But if you feel that a 5-day split works best, by all means use it.

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

I have always done a 4 day split
    M
    T
    off on Wed
    Th
    Fri
    Saturday AM cardio then just chill over the weekend.
    Rest is just as important as your nutrition and supplementation.
    The more advanced you get with PRRS you can try FD/FS or PRRS Burst cycling. Both are amazing for adding size and strength!

Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    I have always done a 4 day split
    M
    T
    off on Wed
    Th
    Fri
    Saturday AM cardio then just chill over the weekend.
    Rest is just as important as your nutrition and supplementation.
    The more advanced you get with PRRS you can try FD/FS or PRRS Burst cycling. Both are amazing for adding size and strength!
    Awesome! So far my routine looks like this due to my schedule..

Sat - Chest/Bi's
    Sun- Back /Tri's
    Mon -Rest
    Tues - Shoulders/Traps
    Wed - Rest
    Thurs - Legs
    Friday -Rest

Should I switch the Back and Tri's workout to Thurs and put the leg workout on sunday? I ask this because some ppl don't like to work the whole upper body in that short period of time. Thanks again

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome! So far my routine looks like this due to my schedule..

Sat - Chest/Bi's
    Sun- Back /Tri's
    Mon -Rest
    Tues - Shoulders/Traps
    Wed - Rest
    Thurs - Legs
    Friday -Rest

Should I switch the Back and Tri's workout to Thurs and put the leg workout on sunday? I ask this because some ppl don't like to work the whole upper body in that short period of time. Thanks again
    You have to judge this on your own. I always say, if its not broke don't fix it.
    How's your recovery from that split?

You have to judge this on your own. I always say, if its not broke don't fix it.
    How's your recovery from that split?
    Not bad, my recovery is good especially since this would be my first routine in a long time where it was a 5 day split. I sleep about 7 and a half to 8 hours a night and my diet will be increasing for my bulk as well. Those extra days of rest will probably help out tons

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have run PRRS on a 5 day split and a 4 day split. i like it both ways but prefer the 5.

chest/calves
    back/abs
    off
    arms
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    off

4 day:
    chest/calves
    back/traps
    off
    shoulders/arms
    legs
    off
    off

Not bad, my recovery is good especially since this would be my first routine in a long time where it was a 5 day split. I sleep about 7 and a half to 8 hours a night and my diet will be increasing for my bulk as well. Those extra days of rest will probably help out tons
    I guess my only other thought would be if you had a body part that was lagging and needs attention, I would definitely prioritize your split around that body part.
    I have in the past trained bi's on Monday then again on Thursday.

I guess my only other thought would be if you had a body part that was lagging and needs attention, I would definitely prioritize your split around that body part.
    I have in the past trained bi's on Monday then again on Thursday.
    Right now my front and rear delts need some work and prioritizing . If I train a body part twice with in a week for my lagging one should I decrease the work I do in the other exercies for that day?

BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Right now my front and rear delts need some work and prioritizing . If I train a body part twice with in a week for my lagging one should I decrease the work I do in the other exercies for that day?
    I prefer doing an extra "mini workout" as a second workout if I am trying to bring up a lagging bodypart and want to train it twice a week. If I do this, I keep my first workout the same length.

xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks Eric for this great program.

I've finished my the Power, and Rep Range stage, I Cant wait for SHOCK week! I'm pretty dedicated and excited about this program!

Today's leg workout was a killer, literally crawled out of them gym, I wonder how shock week will treat me haha.

1 question: On my next power week, is that where i try to set new PR's?
    R.I.P Andy Irons
    ///on the road to the UFC///

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=635222653#post635222653
    - APP NUTS HGH UP/ FREE TEST SPONSERED LOG

Originally Posted by xFORGEDx View Post

I've finished my the Power, and Rep Range stage, I Cant wait for SHOCK week! I'm pretty dedicated and excited about this program!

Today's leg workout was a killer, literally crawled out of them gym, I wonder how shock week will treat me haha.

definitely try to set PRs on power week, but really you should be trying for a PR within each week. Remember that with PRRS you take every set to failure, so on the first set of an exercise (after doing appropriate warm-ups) you should be trying for a new PR, regardless of whether its power, RR, or shock week.

Typically how long are your workouts..Today I did my Power Chest/Bi's day and it took be close to an hour and a half. Is that too much time?

Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    definitely try to set PRs on power week, but really you should be trying for a PR within each week. Remember that with PRRS you take every set to failure, so on the first set of an exercise (after doing appropriate warm-ups) you should be trying for a new PR, regardless of whether its power, RR, or shock week.
    Agreed, take every set to failure. I always try for PR's on every set.

Typically how long are your workouts..Today I did my Power Chest/Bi's day and it took be close to an hour and a half. Is that too much time?
    Following the 5 min Rest bewtween sets rule..Yes, I could see it taking that long. For me, I can follow a closer 3.5-4 min rest between sets during power wk. If my last sets is going to be for PR, then I wait for 5 minutes. I dont bs with anybody else in the gym, i'm there to do work.

1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have just turned 15 and I want to start the program. The ymca is pretty limited but i think i will try. I am concerned if i don't do shock week i won't grow

Originally Posted by 1harud1 View Post
    i have just turned 15 and I want to start the program. The ymca is pretty limited but i think i will try. I am concerned if i don't do shock week i won't grow
    You'll grow!!!
    I wouldnt do shock week.
    Do you have someone who can guide you through the exercises properly. I only ask because, because I'm a strength coach and form/technique are very important factors when your just starting a program!

You'll grow!!!
    I wouldnt do shock week.
    Do you have someone who can guide you through the exercises properly. I only ask because, because I'm a strength coach and form/technique are very important factors when your just starting a program!
    I agree with this, do not worry about shock week if you are new. You will most definitely still grow without shock week.

1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1harud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do not have a strength coach i will have to rely on youtube links for form from 2020 wellness. The creator of gst

Originally Posted by 1harud1 View Post
    i do not have a strength coach i will have to rely on youtube links for form from 2020 wellness. The creator of gst
    Youtube is a great source heres another site that is great also.

http://www.exrx.net/

Originally Posted by xFORGEDx View Post

I am glad you are excited about PRRS! It will not fail you!

You should be shooting to lift more weight or get reps every time you go to the gym. It will not always be possible, but just go in with that mindset. Power week is certainly the week to focus most on strength gains, but it MUST be with proper form and within the 4-6 rep range to failure. Sets of less than 4 reps will not contribute to size gains (although an occasional 1 rep max is allowable).