Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

can you get bigger using dumbbells.

all i have are 15 and 20 pound dumbbells, and i can but heavier ones, but i dont really have access to a gym. im working on losing the fat now, but will i be able to get bigger using just dumbbells and sit ups, push ups, leg raises, etc??? or is gym equipment necessary??

Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    barbell.
    ▪ Workout Journal : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109749921

Molecular Nutrition Rep drummaboyzl's Avatar
    drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) drummaboyzl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes if you buy higher weight.
    i implement BB lifts into my chest and back days anyways...and i DO have access to a gym =D
    Molecular Nutrition Representative
    www.bodyofscience.com/forum
    www.MolecularNutrition.net

Molecular Nutrition is RECRUITING!!!
    http://www.bodyofscience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5509

fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitmember has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    of course you can get bigger using Dumbells but id at least get a bench for now and the weights that you said you use prolly wont do much but save money or what ever and start getting stuff little by little.Thats what ive been doing and i got quite a bit of stuff now.
    Last edited by fitmember; 10-03-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    I never rep back

JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JakeEdwin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOl of couse not, everyone knows you cant get big with dumbells. you have to use a barbell.
    Texas A&M Aggie, Class of 2013

Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xeones has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks everyone... any other opinions will help

abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abc92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    all i have are 15 and 20 pound dumbbells, and i can but heavier ones, but i dont really have access to a gym. im working on losing the fat now, but will i be able to get bigger using just dumbbells and sit ups, push ups, leg raises, etc??? or is gym equipment necessary??
    You will get bigger eventually but in the future it will be hard to work with those dumbells so youll have to superset like crazy to estimulate grow.
    [QUOTE=Holyspokes;207118141]I'm trying to eat less processed foods so i only eat aborted babies. They don't taste as good, but there nutritional profile is outstanding![/QUOTE]

Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hope the people saying 'you can't get big with dumbbells' are being sarcastic...

There are advanced theories such as fast twitch stimulation, overall workout loads, dropsets, supersets, (insert anything)sets all to get big muscles, but the underlying principle is that you stimulate the muscle, this can be done using nothing but your body.

Think of an olympic gymnast, they dont touch weights at all yet their upper bodies are massive, or martial artists, they're in the same boat.

And before anyone rebuttles me saying that weights are necessary, do a superset of hercules pushups (the handstand ones) and dragon flags first.
    'Language is subjective, and all of our thoughts are formulated in language, it follows that all our thoughts are subjective, thus making all of our thoughts subject to bias. Admit your bias and talk with those who differ from you, only then can you truly understand something'

'Nutrition is more than a single compound taken at a single time, a single way with a single result.'

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drummaboyzl View Post
    yes if you buy higher weight.
    i implement DB lifts into my chest and back days anyways...and i DO have access to a gym =D
    Fixed.

And I do, too.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dwyzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dumbbwhat?

i might be able to get a bench and BB...

so these exercises would work..

chest - bench, incline bench, db flies
    tri - close grip bench, tricep extensions
    bi - concentration curls, alternating hammer curls
    forearms - wrist curls
    neck - shrugs
    back - db rows, deadlift
    shoulder - db shoulder press?
    abs - exercise ball crunches, leg lifts, some kinda oblique exercise?
    legs/calves - ???

any help? thanks

IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO Dumbell works the chest better than barbell. I stopped DB benching for 2 weeks, and started BB benching and my chest feels weaker than before. DB also makes me feel the workout more. But to get a good dumbell workout, you're gonna need heavy dumbells.

bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    of course you can get bigger using dumbbells, what do u think the pros use?
    Never Stop Working

Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500) Thought_Riot is not very helpful. (-500)
    on your core day, you could add in russian twists.

joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshisfresh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    zzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you can get bigger using DB's
    *Air/Mixed Gas Commercial Diver Crew*

Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol bro ur chest workout needs a lil bit more fine tuning, try bench, flies, incline, incline flies, dumbell press,incline dumbell press, then machine flies, weighted dips, pylometric pushups, and one long blowout aka burnout

Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcounterman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by the1satanfears View Post
    Fixed.

And I do, too.
    bro ur stats are almost or the same as min nigg

swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can get big with dumbbels but the problem with them is, there is only a certain point where you can add weights. Supposedly the best way to get big biceps and improve growth quicker is supersetting you bicep routine (1 workout ofter another I.E concentration curls with hammer curls one after another). with triceps the best way to simulate growth quicker is tri-sets where you peform 3 exercises one after another. if you do purchase urself a BB then it can be took to a new level the main thing with bb is obviously there is more weight to add. you can do chest, shoulder presses, back, legs. so you can get as big as you want with a BB. So yes you can do anything with a BB also dnt forgett to incorperate body weight exercises like pushups etc to you routine as it will add strength and development. Im on a bulk right now and i workout at home all i have for equipment is a bench with a barbell, resistant band, stability ball, dumbells, and 3 kettlebells............

superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superdrolman997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sometimes I lay awake at night worrying that an embarrassing thread of mine is going to get bumped in 12 years...

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would like to know if the OP every got massive from using just his dumbbells.

phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Big people don't lift small weight.

You can lose fat fine, but adding muscle and strength will be much harder than it has.to be
    355 Bench
    565 Dead
    520 Parallel Box Squat

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    strong bump

bottom line is that you can get big without even lifting. eating a surplus is all that is required. there are a bunch of fatties that prove this

you can only get so strong with dumbells or bodyweight exercise. if you don't increase resistance, you won't get any stronger
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

Kev1029 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JakeEdwin View Post
    LOl of couse not, everyone knows you cant get big with dumbells. you have to use a barbell.
    haha WHAT?? are u kidding. dumbells are better and can be used for wayy more exercises. u obviously are not serious about lifting.

Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miltz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fitmember View Post
    of course you can get bigger using Dumbells but id at least get a bench for now and the weights that you said you use prolly wont do much but save money or what ever and start getting stuff little by little.Thats what ive been doing and i got quite a bit of stuff now.
    Agreed.
    I like to learn, I forget to work out.

Starting Weight: 115 SSJ4Trunks's Avatar
    SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SSJ4Trunks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also get a barbell... if 15 and 20's are all you have just start doing a lot of reps
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
    ................................R.I.P............. .....................
    ..........Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.............

...............₪₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪.................
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Proud Member of the United States Navy

[300 SPARTAN CREW]
    *WMF Crew*

Aceix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

As far as legs just google how to do dumbbell squats and dumbbell dead lifts, and for calves just hold the dumbbells and raise on your toes and back down (i forget what this exercise is called) i prefer to do most exercises with dumbbells or kettlebell because i feel it gives me more movement when working out.

raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raveen01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well sooner or later (you might even be right now) you will be able to throw around those weights like feathers and you won't be able to see any strength or mass gains. You need to be able to lift heavier and heavier to keep gaining mass. Staying at same weight won't do chit man

Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000) Cippi21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This thread was created in 2008...why the hell do you kids respond to it?!?
    ♛ PUNK AESTHETICS CREW™ ♛