Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jacquidube123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help, my butt is saggy

I dont know what has happened lol but my butt looks saggy, its horrible and I need it fixed. Ok age may have something to do with it, but its freaking me out. How do I fix this please and will I be able to. Many Thanks.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Front squats, Squats, lunges, glute bridges should sort out your rear over time.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pictures always help us make our best professional recommendations to help you out....

Lunges are a good easy way to start off though. Start with no weight and progress from there.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jacquidube123 View Post
    I dont know what has happened lol but my butt looks saggy, its horrible and I need it fixed. Ok age may have something to do with it, but its freaking me out. How do I fix this please and will I be able to. Many Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat. Just had two more kids and lost the weight and now instead of a tight butt, it is saggy *sigh*. I'm determined to get my butt back though. I'm on the Stronglifts program because I need to go back and almost start from scratch with my strength. However, I also do one day of just leg exercises that focus on the glutes -- the hip thrust with a barbell, one-legged squats, high step-ups, etc. Unfortunately, I do think the saggy butt thing comes with age and neglect of that area. You need to really start to target it.

I was also running a lot for a while. I'd run about 3-4 times a week for at least 3 miles -- I think this contributed to my loss of butt mass. I'm not sure what you are doing, but if you are doing a lot of running, you may want to cut some of it down.

In order to build, you'll need to make sure you aren't on a major caloric deficit as well, otherwise you won't get the results you want. There are calculations out there to help you build without gaining too much fat.

Good luck!

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jacquidube123 View Post
    This is the Over 35 area, so gravity and tissue breakdown are beginning to win the battle.

I actually remember reading an article about this a long time ago (soft tissue, not saggy butts). There's really not too much we can do in the way of our tissue become softer, so we're relegated to reducing our body fat and hitting the weights as much as possible. Then we pull the old "Hey, I'm old and don't care how I look" routine on people for good measure.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh please - saggy butts is not age or child related - the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass. Get your butt into a squat cage & squat. Do Romanian dead lifts - do them heavy & eat enough for muscle to grow.

TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lolakitten View Post
    Oh please - saggy butts is not age or child related - the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass. Get your butt into a squat cage & squat. Do Romanian dead lifts - do them heavy & eat enough for muscle to grow.
    Good, straight forward advice right there. Especially this part, "do them heavy & eat enough for muscle to grow".
    -Squattin' in the curl rack.

tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yep - saggy butt is like a deflated baloon - u need to blow it back up
    Doh!

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Aside from plastic surgery and what not, I believe the evidence is pretty straightforward that age does play a major part in this "saggy butt" phenomenon. Like I stated earlier, it has to do with your muscle tissue becoming softer. That's not a problem that can be easily fixed.

Having said that, it's no excuse to not hit the squats and throw your diet to the wind.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    IN on potential sausage fest.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ElderJefferson View Post
    Aside from plastic surgery and what not, I believe the evidence is pretty straightforward that age does play a major part in this "saggy butt" phenomenon. Like I stated earlier, it has to do with your muscle tissue becoming softer. That's not a problem that can be easily fixed.

Having said that, it's no excuse to not hit the squats and throw your diet to the wind.
    This is the dumbest thing I ever heard, but I'm sure all the lazy improperly-nourished mom's out there are agreeing with you.

Plus I don't know a singe PS out there who does "muscle hardening"

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard, but I'm sure all the lazy improperly-nourished mom's out there are agreeing with you.

Plus I don't know a singe PS out there who does "muscle hardening"
    The softening of muscle tissue over time? That's pretty much common knowledge in the medical field. Not sure where else to go with you on that one.

EDIT: And in case anyone's selective reading disorder was kicking in on my posts: "it's no excuse to not hit the squats and throw your diet to the wind. " OP just needs to hit the squat rack and reduce her body fat. "Saggy Butt" will turn into "Sexually Overcharged Men Can't Keep Their Eyes Off My Butt" syndrome
    Last edited by ElderJefferson; 07-24-2013 at 08:06 AM.

The softening of muscle tissue over time? That's pretty much common knowledge in the medical field. Not sure where else to go with you on that one.

EDIT: And in case anyone's selective reading disorder was kicking in on my posts: "it's no excuse to not hit the squats and throw your diet to the wind. " OP just needs to hit the squat rack and reduce her body fat. "Saggy Butt" will turn into "Sexually Overcharged Men Can't Keep Their Eyes Off My Butt" syndrome
    If you are referring to Sarcopenia, it's been proven that a lack of exercise is the biggest culprit.

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only insofar as one ages, one tends to become less active. Less active = softer muscle tissue or more accurately stated, loss of muscle tissue. I do low-bar squats and the next day I feel the effects most in my glutes and hamstrings. My girlfriend likes to say that I have a football player's butt. IOWs, I don't have anything resembling a "saggy butt" and I'm pretty sure it's due to squatting.

littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Having children can lead to saggy butt syndrome -- and I'm not talking about people who don't workout during pregnancy. I, for one, was jumping rope in my 8th month and still hitting the weights. Unfortunately, you simply can't lift as heavy when you are pregnant -- it becomes difficult. And you can't do as hard of cardio either. Sure, you can still do things, but not at the same intensity. Ask any runner if they could run as hard or fast when they were pregnant. Less cardio & weights, plus more calories and spreading hips (the bones) means you will lose muscle, stretch your skin and probably put on some fat. After about 4 kids -- yes, this can lead to saggy butt. Anyone who says otherwise has not had 4 kids.

I didn't say it was irreversible once the child is born -- I simply said it happens.

Just saying.

Originally Posted by littlelady View Post

I didn't say it was irreversible once the child is born -- I simply said it happens.

Just saying.
    There ya go. 9mo lay off (ok call it 11) Then you come back.
    I highly doubt OP is a few months postpartum.

Not buying it - sorry.

(I have 2)

yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yrot21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here for the potential sausage fest.
    Hey, you guise.

jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jediokie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm just hear to watch Lola kick ass and take names.
    My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154713593

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates

If you are referring to Sarcopenia, it's been proven that a lack of exercise is the biggest culprit.
    Without having to go diving into medical journals, I was referring to what doctors have stated as a known fact: our muscle tissue gets softer with age. I'm not aware of any studies or chemical compounds breaking down within the tissue, I was just making an off-handed post about how tissue gets softer with age, but that in no way gives us cause to excuse one's saggy butt syndrome.

Just hit the squats, OP, as exercise and diet can reverse the aging process like nothing else can (reduction in stress level is the most effective, and that is one of the side effects of being in shape, so there's that).

84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50) 84warlok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jediokie View Post
    I'm just hear to watch Lola kick ass and take names.
    THIS^^^^ lol
    Nothing we have done in the past will ever be good enough again.

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Without having to go diving into medical journals, I was referring to what doctors have stated as a known fact: our muscle tissue gets softer with age. I'm not aware of any studies or chemical compounds breaking down within the tissue, I was just making an off-handed post about how tissue gets softer with age, but that in no way gives us cause to excuse one's saggy butt syndrome.
    You also wrote - incorrectly I might add:

There's really not too much we can do in the way of our tissue become softer, so we're relegated to reducing our body fat and hitting the weights as much as possible.
    And...
    Since you persist in invoking "doctors" and medical literature in defense of your assertions, perhaps you should read this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2804956/

And pay special attention to where it concludes:
    Fortunately, aged muscle is still very plastic and can respond to anabolic stimuli by increasing its mass and strength. This knowledge is vital for designing interventions to reverse or attenuate the loss of muscle mass with aging and to improve functional abilities in the elderly.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^Dan John approves.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    Bunch of stuff
    Dude, I'm not about to engage in a debate about the effects on our muscle tissue as we age (although your posts doesn't refute anything I said and ends with a comment on muscle mass rather than elasticity, but hey). Lost in all of this is the apparent answer to the OP's question (which I've stated multiple times as well as others): just hit the squat rack and quit putting so much jelly on your toast. Sorry I mentioned muscle fibers in the first place.

Pet Peave: Forums contain too much arguing/debating and not enough information sharing/networking.

EDIT: Had I initially stated to the OP, "Hey, don't sweat it. You're just getting old like the rest of us and there's nothing you can do about it because your tissue is getting softer", then yeah, it would warrant the amount of attention it's garnished. But I think we can move on now, since that's not what anyone in here is saying. Squats, diet & cardio, squats, diet & cardio, squats,...
    Last edited by ElderJefferson; 07-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fortunately, aged muscle is still very plastic and can respond to anabolic stimuli by increasing its mass and strength. This knowledge is vital for designing interventions to reverse or attenuate the loss of muscle mass with aging and to improve functional abilities in the elderly.
    (although your posts doesn't refute anything I said and ends with a comment on muscle mass rather than elasticity, but hey).
    Words say things.

Just sayin'.

Words.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Pet Peave: Forums contain too much arguing/debating and not enough information sharing/networking.
    Pet peeve: People who come into a thread on a bodybuilding forum and tell people that because of their age there's not much they can do about sagging muscles.

Pet peeve: People who come into a thread on a bodybuilding forum and tell people that because of their age there's not much they can do about sagging muscles.
    I give up. Read into my posts what you will, man.

Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trinity1216 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass
    OMG this has me laughing sooooo hard!!! Reps on r/c

In for the entertainment value. I miss the OV35!

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I give up.
    Aw come on it was just starting to get good, another 5 pages I think you could have changed a lot of minds. I do however love how your pet peeve of too much arguing is exactly what you were doing instead of posting and sharing actual research which you said was lacking.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass.
    Are you sure, would explain a lot of societies pieces of $hit.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Absolutely this. No excuses. I'm 49 and have been able to improve this area drastically. Still a work in progress, but better now than ever. I highly recommend BB hip thrusts.