BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My legs are ALWAYS sore and tight

I work my legs out hard on Mondays. I make sure I take the time to warm up and stretch well before and after. I also warm up and stretch well Thursdays and Saturdays when I do my cardio/sprinting, but my legs always feel tight.

I am not able to do a good amount of medicine ball sit-ups because it is extremely painful on my legs, especially my quads. I also believe my tight legs are causing this uncomfortable lower back pain after I run for more than 10 minutes.

What should I do to freshen up my legs??

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BLOODraven1 View Post
    I work my legs out hard on Mondays. I make sure I take the time to warm up and stretch well before and after. I also warm up and stretch well Thursdays and Saturdays when I do my cardio/sprinting, but my legs always feel tight.

I am not able to do a good amount of medicine ball sit-ups because it is extremely painful on my legs, especially my quads. I also believe my tight legs are causing this uncomfortable lower back pain after I run for more than 10 minutes.

google hip mobility, find some videos on you tube for hip mobility and do that.
    Also, stretch your quads and hip flexors daily.
    foam rolling will be also helpful.

BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BLOODraven1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    google hip mobility, find some videos on you tube for hip mobility and do that.
    Also, stretch your quads and hip flexors daily.
    foam rolling will be also helpful.
    I have done that. I have been doing a lot of hip mobility exercises for the past weeks but there hasnt been much of a difference.

I have been using the foam rollers and they have been a little helpful, but my legs are still tight.

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have done that. I have been doing a lot of hip mobility exercises for the past weeks but there hasnt been much of a difference.

I have been using the foam rollers and they have been a little helpful, but my legs are still tight.
    Just stick with that. If you don't see any improvement then sth else is your problem. Maybe you should see a physical terapist or sth.

Your Hate=My Motivation Eaglepride03's Avatar
    Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Eaglepride03 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

if you've done all of those things, then the only thing left is nutrition. After working out, muscles are sore because they need nutrients. when you work out, the muscle fibers break down and you need protein and other nutrients to repair them. make sure you have a solid diet and are taking in protein within 30 minutes after your workout.
    My Journal to D1 Football: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139625333

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

fedec51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take it like a man, i'll go away eventually. I guess you're beginning to lift weights, so it's pretty normal. If it's not the case, maybe you're not getting enough protein, not sleeping enough. Creatine can help you with that too if you're feeling fatigued...

If none of those work, I'd take a week or two off, to rest and then go back at it...

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

give it 3 weeks. consider doing yoga or pilates 1-2x per week also.

jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First off soreness is your body's way of telling you something. I agree with the person that mentioned nutrition as something you should look at closely. Shakes are mandatory within a few minutes of ending your workout. As far as preparing for your legs you should be warming up before and stretching after. You warm up to prepare your body for the activity and then strentch post-workout when your muscles are most pliable. This may sound odd because it goes against what we were all told growing up, but there's science behind it.

When foam rolling (SMR) you should be doing this very slowly, about an inch per second, and holding each sore spot for 20-30 seconds. If alll else fails, lighten up your weights a bit and then take some time off to rest. The soreness you feel is lactic acid built up in your muscles. You can eleviate the soreness by doing an LSD workout, don't laugh, it stands for long steady distance. When you reoxygenate your body you help push out the lactic acid. An example would be about an hour walk outside or on the treadmill. Take care.
    Pain Don't Hurt
    Patrick Swayze-Roadhouse

Zboarder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem when I started to gain some weight from lifting. I took a yoga class in college and It relieved all pain and made me feel better overall. I still go once a week to keep everything flexible. Give it a try you will be surprised.

jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jlaxer22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Turn to your nutrition, adjust protein and carbs. Carbs for recovery and protein to build more muscle to help prevent muscle breakdown. Because it sounds like your body is trying to tell you that your leg muscles are breaking down maybe due to malnutrition. And also give your body proper time to rest.

cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdsfx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I had the same problem all throughout my basketball career in high school(07) . I tried everything mentioned above and nothing seemed to make a significant difference. I got a free sample of no xplode my senior year and tried it thinking it would just give me crazy energy. however when I went and played ball after taking it my legs felt great! and loose for pretty much the first time in a long time. My mom wouldn't by me the stuff so I couldnt get any more but after that first time I really didn't have any problems. Not really sure why? But you could try taking that before you train or really any other preworkout product I doubt it makes too much difference