TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Better Pulley Tower?

The Powertec WB-LTO13 or the Ironmaster Cable Tower Attachment? I have the Powertec rack and the Ironmaster bench. The IM is cheaper but the LTO13 seems sturdier. Is it just best to go with the PT one? Not a fan of how the IM one is on two separate sides either. Anything negative on the LTO13? I seen the two other posts, but they weren't really a review on it.
    I deserve that pedestal, I own it, and the sea ought to part for me.
    Just get out of the fuking way, I'm on a mission.
    So just step aside and gimme the trophy.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    The Powertec WB-LTO13 or the Ironmaster Cable Tower Attachment? I have the Powertec rack and the Ironmaster bench. The IM is cheaper but the LTO13 seems sturdier. Is it just best to go with the PT one? Not a fan of how the IM one is on two separate sides either. Anything negative on the LTO13? I seen the two other posts, but they weren't really a review on it.

Did a quick google search and the prices on those things is insane in my opinion. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but $400-500$ for a LOADABLE lat pulldown seems pretty steep.

I would look on craiglist for a week or two and find a loadable lat pulldown for like $100. The ones you'll find on their are pretty much equivalent to the Ironmaster model.

The space for a stand alone unit is pretty much identical to the space of an add on unit, if space is an issue.

I say wait to pull the trigger until you've checked out some used prices for something similar. With the extra 2-300 you save you could buy all sorts of goodies for you home setup, even a second piece of equipment all together.

TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TommyStarwind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    Did a quick google search and the prices on those things is insane in my opinion. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but $400-500$ for a LOADABLE lat pulldown seems pretty steep.

I would look on craiglist for a week or two and find a loadable lat pulldown for like $100. The ones you'll find on their are pretty much equivalent to the Ironmaster model.

The space for a stand alone unit is pretty much identical to the space of an add on unit, if space is an issue.

I say wait to pull the trigger until you've checked out some used prices for something similar. With the extra 2-300 you save you could buy all sorts of goodies for you home setup, even a second piece of equipment all together.
    Space is a major concern, thus the reasoning for giving one of these two a go. 500 is high though for it. The stand alone lat pulldowns you'll see on CL don't really seem like much of a pulley system though. They only go one way? So space and having different angles with it are my main two objectives I guess.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ah okay I didn't realize you were looking for an adjustable system.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TommyStarwind View Post
    FWIW, I posted lots of photos and my thoughts of the Ironmaster tower in this thread...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=145389251

A summary:

I think the IM cable tower is a lot better than it used to be with the V2 version of the cable tower The V1 version required you to unhook one cable and hook up a different one when switching from pulldowns to rows and vice versa. Storing it is very compact - you can simply roll it into a corner. Using it probably requires more space than a dedicated lat/row machine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    FWIW, I posted lots of photos and my thoughts of the Ironmaster tower in this thread...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=145389251

A summary:

I think the IM cable tower is a lot better than it used to be with the V2 version of the cable tower The V1 version required you to unhook one cable and hook up a different one when switching from pulldowns to rows and vice versa. Storing it is very compact - you can simply roll it into a corner. Using it probably requires more space than a dedicated lat/row machine.
    I remember reading that when you posted it a while back. I like it I do. I believe I can work with the space, but if I could get the powertec one for around 400 I think I'd go that route. Just have to be patient I suppose and keep a look out.

Just looking around, but is it possible for this to fit the powertec?

http://www.sears.com/xmark-commercia...&blockType=G24

Makes me wish I bought that F430 bodycraft rack a couple years back...
    Last edited by TommyStarwind; 01-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.