Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do boxers like Manny Pacquiao even lift weights?

Ok, he probably lifts weights but how much would you think? He weights around 140-147 I believe. I know he does a ****-ton of cardio and he's extremely agile but he doesn't seem to have much mass.

visuals

What should I do to get a body like him? He must run miles every day... I'm 17, 5'7 135lbs

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by James35 View Post
    Ok, he probably lifts weights but how much would you think? He weights around 140-147 I believe. I know he does a ****-ton of cardio and he's extremely agile but he doesn't seem to have much mass.

visuals

What should I do to get a body like him? He must run miles every day... I'm 17, 5'7 135lbs
    Pac-Man started his career in the light flyweight at 106 pounds. He beat Ricky Hatton in the welterweight division at 147 pounds. With his BF% he added on at least 35+ pounds of dry muscle.

Either way, this question is best asked in the BB forums, not really the sports training forums. You're looking for a cosmetic change, not a sports training improvement.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    Pac-Man started his career in the light flyweight at 106 pounds. He beat Ricky Hatton in the welterweight division at 147 pounds. With his BF% he added on at least 35+ pounds of dry muscle.

Either way, this question is best asked in the BB forums, not really the sports training forums. You're looking for a cosmetic change, not a sports training improvement.
    The only reason I asked here is because those bastids @ BB forums would have said the same thing for the sports training sect lolol

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The answer is no. He does a **** load of sit ups and push ups but no weights. His job is to remain fast and have the punching power of an elephant. He gets that from his legs and core. Not weights
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    The answer is no. He does a **** load of sit ups and push ups but no weights. His job is to remain fast and have the punching power of an elephant. He gets that from his legs and core. Not weights
    hmm....

thats false!

i dont know Pacs workout regimine but as for boxers... yes they do lift weights! but its focused on explosion and power! they start working on basic strength and when a firm base is established they focus on explosion!

you dont just get KO power by sit ups and push ups! im sorry but body weight exercises wont develop professional boxing power!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that and he's also on some type of designer steroids.......
    We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - Winston Churchill

My Madcow SF 5x5 Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=422400371#post422400371

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by willy0314 View Post
    lol well???? it doesnt look good that he decides to keep dodging the tests!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    designer? No. If you want to be a realist about it the guy isn't popping some OTC supplement. That is if he is using any enhancements.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    What? Serious, or No? I hope Not serious.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willy0314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by txapn View Post
    lol well???? it doesnt look good that he decides to keep dodging the tests!
    Thats gotta suck, turning down that kind of payday because you know everyone will find out your a fraud... Was he dominant when he was down around 100lbs?
    We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - Winston Churchill

My Madcow SF 5x5 Log:

designer? No. If you want to be a realist about it the guy isn't popping some OTC supplement. That is if he is using any enhancements.
    His last fight, they couldn't get a contract with Mayweathers corner because Mayweather wanted random blood testing right up until the fight and Pacquiao wanted it to stop 24 days before. I also remember Mayweather wanting to use stricter testing standards that can detect "dope-ing" (spell check) agents and Pacquiao wouldn't budge. Dude left $40 million on the table over blood tests, yet he claims he's clean? I don't think so.

My Madcow SF 5x5 Log:

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will guess that he does alot of body weight stuff ... just seems like he could use it in his training better and some explosive stuff. Like willy said though .... something fishy about him with the drug testing stuff .... bet he was at least planning on doing some blood doping.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!

His last fight, they couldn't get a contract with Mayweathers corner because Mayweather wanted random blood testing right up until the fight and Pacquiao wanted it to stop 24 days before. I also remember Mayweather wanting to use stricter testing standards that can detect "dope-ing" (spell check) agents and Pacquiao wouldn't budge. Dude left $40 million on the table over blood tests, yet he claims he's clean? I don't think so.
    No one said he was, and I don't believe he is clean either. He's not taking a DS though. That would be incredibly stupid. He's going to get popped either way during testing, so why would he take a DS over the real deal AAS, not some new age unproven alternative. That would make no sense. It's like throwing BB compared to an atomic bomb while having the same consequences. I mean sure the profiles are harder to test for in a DS, compared to traditional AAS, but under Olympic testing he would mostly be caught either way. I have very few doubts he is on something, but a DS.. I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 02-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dumbest thing ever, I was so looking forward to that fight, I'm a big Mayweather fan and wanted to finally settle that discussion on who's actually the best. Too bad Pac-Man is "afraid of needles" for blood testing, maybe your in the wrong sport if you don't like having blood drawn for tests...
    Pac-Man's camp didn't help either when they just started pointing the finger saying, "Mayweather never wanted this fight"
    Could've been a huge payday for both fighters... shame
    PhD in Broscience from Misc U.

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hmm....

thats false!

i dont know Pacs workout regimine but as for boxers... yes they do lift weights! but its focused on explosion and power! they start working on basic strength and when a firm base is established they focus on explosion!

you dont just get KO power by sit ups and push ups! im sorry but body weight exercises wont develop professional boxing power!
    mike tyson did sit ups and push ups like 2000 of each every day that was his training, your gonna tell me he didnt develop professional boxing power?

Muhammed ali?

Joe frazier?

George foreman?

Jack dempsey?

your a retard

Originally Posted by Bignik92 View Post
    mike tyson did sit ups and push ups like 2000 of each every day that was his training, your gonna tell me he didnt develop professional boxing power?

Muhammed ali?

Joe frazier?

George foreman?

Jack dempsey?

your a retard
    Nope I can guarantee you it didn't. Plus Tyson was on a lot of gear as well, reports are that he was using questionable "drops" during the Holyfield fight. Plus his training consisted of more than just pushups, and situps. Like I said I will bet a million dollars his power didn't come from just doing that... Especially at 2,000.

FYI, If "you're" going to call someone a retard, it might help if you used the proper form of you're. Just saying...

Also no offense, but have you ever checked out Dempsey's workout before? The guy was way ahead of his time.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 02-07-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope I can guarantee you it didn't. Plus Tyson was on a lot of gear as well, reports are that he was using questionable "drops" during the Holyfield fight. Plus his training consisted of more than just pushups, and situps. Like I said I will bet a million dollars his power didn't come from just doing that... Especially at 2,000.

FYI, If "you're" going to call someone a retard, it might help if you used the proper form of you're. Just saying...

Also no offense, but have you ever checked out Dempsey's workout before? The guy was way ahead of his time.
    I agree ..... alot of times when you hear about these guys supposed training methods you are not actually getting the full story unless you personally got it directly from them. Why are these guys so good? Because they have good training methods not the old wives tale of doing a bunch of pushups and situps. Also alot of the guys from the days before weight lifting was huge did every day things to get stronger ... an example is the rocky movie ... ok we know that Silvester used roids but you can't tell me things like lifting hay won't get you stronger. Most people who do have good training methods, unless they are in the industry of training other people, will not actually release their secrets ... why would they? they can just tell a magazine something bogus and nobody will ever know.
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!

your a retard
    lol /facepalm!

ur right... you get to be 220lbs at 5'10 and looking like this by 2,000 push ups a day!

well fullback already covered it but since it was directed at me i feel obligated to set the record straight!

i will repeat you will not develop effective strength and power (enough to compete with professional athletes atleast) by doing bodyweight exercises! and 2,000 of any lift would be them trying to focus on muscle endurance (not in an effective way) not power and explosivness!

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muhammed ali?

Joe frazier?

George foreman?

Jack dempsey?

your a retard
    way to keep with the times on ure tossing of names. its 2010 after all and im pretty sure trainers dont think the same they do way back in the 70's and 80's.

and lulz at the 'your a retard'

silly brit its ruh-tar.

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol /facepalm!

ur right... you get to be 220lbs at 5'10 and looking like this by 2,000 push ups a day!

well fullback already covered it but since it was directed at me i feel obligated to set the record straight!

i will repeat you will not develop effective strength and power (enough to compete with professional athletes atleast) by doing bodyweight exercises! and 2,000 of any lift would be them trying to focus on muscle endurance (not in an effective way) not power and explosivness!
    Mon-Fri
    Morning
    Roadwork 3 miles
    Noon
    Sparring 10 rounds
    Slip Bag 10 minutes
    or Speed Bag 10 minutes, did both when fight was coming up
    Afternoon
    Focus Pads 10 minutes
    or Heavy Bag 10 minutes, did both when fight was coming up
    Sit-Ups
    Push-Ups
    Pull-Ups
    Dips, did this circuit ten times
    Neck Work 10 minutes
    Jump Rope 10 minutes
    Night
    Stationary Bike 60 minutes

thats mike tysons workout I couldnt be bothered to find it before. Your saying an athlete cant be strong and powerful and fast without weights yet most athletes dont lift weights :/

And people cant weigh over 200lbs if they dont lift weights :/ Thats the only rpblem with this forum ignorant douches who think to be successful you must lift weights :/

Alot of the old first teamers at rugby clubs across the Uk were big dudes in their day and still are.

willie mcbride

Jonah Lomu

John eales weighed 18 1/2 stone

easy campese faster than lightning

Willie Ofehengaue 19 1/2 stone

1-0 me game on. Ignorant twats

Mon-Fri
    Morning
    Roadwork 3 miles
    Noon
    Sparring 10 rounds
    Slip Bag 10 minutes
    Afternoon
    Focus Pads 10 minutes
    Sit-Ups
    Push-Ups
    Pull-Ups
    Neck Work 10 minutes
    Jump Rope 10 minutes
    Night

thats mike tysons workout I couldnt be bothered to find it before. Your saying an athlete cant be strong and powerful and fast without weights yet most athletes dont lift weights :/

And people cant weigh over 200lbs if they dont lift weights :/ Thats the only rpblem with this forum ignorant douches who think to be successful you must lift weights :/

Alot of the old first teamers at rugby clubs across the Uk were big dudes in their day and still are.

willie mcbride

Jonah Lomu

John eales weighed 18 1/2 stone

easy campese faster than lightning

Willie Ofehengaue 19 1/2 stone

Your ignorant for thinking thats 100% of his actual workout. Do you honestly think hes running miles and miles the whole year? No he would start conditioning so many weeks in advance.

The real score is .... the world 1,000 .... you 0 (to match your rep).
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!

Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100) Hurleyy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by James35 View Post

visuals

he's like 150 lbs soaking wet.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mon-Fri
    Morning
    Roadwork 3 miles
    Noon
    Sparring 10 rounds
    Slip Bag 10 minutes
    Afternoon
    Focus Pads 10 minutes
    Sit-Ups
    Push-Ups
    Pull-Ups
    Neck Work 10 minutes
    Jump Rope 10 minutes
    Night

you had a decent argument going until the bold text. "big dudes in their day". what day? before contemporary methods of weight training proved that to be a better athlete you NEED to be stronger and faster than the other guy? that day? not to mention most of those guys u listed are 6'4+ so of course theyre going to weigh 115kilos or more. and lomu's just a freak of nature. anybody that big that can run a sub 11s 100m time is going to be a dominating athlete.

and your 'fast as lightning' character looks like a twig. plus he played 'back in the day' and i cant imagine a frame like that lasting through too many hits from modern day athletes.

not sure whats more amusing; you digging up this thread after 10 days or how you need to constantly sling insults to get your point across. if you want anyone to take you seriously save the petty insults for the teen section since.... oh wait ure 17.

so keep trolling kid. or take your time to come up with some more useless pictures and 'facts'.

ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50) ulfhednar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    read somewhere a while ago that Tyson benched 400lbs, btw didnt Holyfiend bench over 400 at some point and then said heavy bench presses were starting to make him slower?

Ah just remembered, I bet some people will also think (after watching that video) that Brock Lesnar got that massive by doing pull ups, push ups on chairs and pulling those bands. LOL, as far as i remember that video was titled, Brock Lesnars training on WWE dvd ive seen when I was like 16, how come it didnt show him deadlift over 600 squat 600, and bench 450 (i think he benched 450 or a bit more than that during his strongest years - in college)? heh

G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0tMeWr0ng is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Muhammed ali?

Joe frazier?

George foreman?

Jack dempsey?

your a retard
    You sure you're not confusing Tyson with Herschel Walker?

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Of course not. Why would proffesional athletes such as boxers undertake ANY kind of resistance training. Eveyone knows weights make you slower.

(Im just going to assume everyone accepts how sarcastic that ^ was)

In seriousness, there are a lot of boxers that train at my gym (its a boxing/powerlifting gym), many of them State level champions - they all do weights. Im not saying they train like a bodybuilder with 3-4 sets of 10-12, but they do resistance training like every other athlete that wants to perform at their peak.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BORN2LOSE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There aren't many top level athletes that don't lift weights. Even golfers and Nascar drivers lift weights. With that said, most of your punching power comes from your hips, good technique and lots of pratice.
    Putting fools to sleep since 2005
    Prime BJJ

poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Paquiao does alot of plyometrics and isometric strength training.There are videos of him on youtube doing Weighted box jumps, heavy med ball slams,tuck jumps and other **** i can't remember right now.To say he has that type of power from only doing pushups and situps is ****ing stupid.

Paquiao doing plyos 30sec in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pab_Bc-33PE
    Last edited by poita; 02-19-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Originally Posted by ulfhednar View Post
    read somewhere a while ago that Tyson benched 400lbs, btw didnt Holyfiend bench over 400 at some point and then said heavy bench presses were starting to make him slower?

Ah just remembered, I bet some people will also think (after watching that video) that Brock Lesnar got that massive by doing pull ups, push ups on chairs and pulling those bands. LOL, as far as i remember that video was titled, Brock Lesnars training on WWE dvd ive seen when I was like 16, how come it didnt show him deadlift over 600 squat 600, and bench 450 (i think he benched 450 or a bit more than that during his strongest years - in college)? heh
    Everyone knows that Lesnar took Cell-Tech to look, and perform like he does.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by xxtwistedxx View Post
    you had a decent argument going until the bold text. "big dudes in their day". what day? before contemporary methods of weight training proved that to be a better athlete you NEED to be stronger and faster than the other guy? that day? not to mention most of those guys u listed are 6'4+ so of course theyre going to weigh 115kilos or more. and lomu's just a freak of nature. anybody that big that can run a sub 11s 100m time is going to be a dominating athlete.

and your 'fast as lightning' character looks like a twig. plus he played 'back in the day' and i cant imagine a frame like that lasting through too many hits from modern day athletes.

not sure whats more amusing; you digging up this thread after 10 days or how you need to constantly sling insults to get your point across. if you want anyone to take you seriously save the petty insults for the teen section since.... oh wait ure 17.

so keep trolling kid. or take your time to come up with some more useless pictures and 'facts'.

lol can't believe you just slated David Campese arguably one of the greatest players to ever grace a rugby field. He has a nephew Terry Campese who plays for Canberra Raiders.

He plays in the modern era yet David Campese would still dominate modern rugby. "He looks like a twig" I thought you played rugby? If so you'd no size doesn't equate into a good player. He didn't get 64 tries in 101 tests for australia through been 6ft and 245lbs. Not hating on you but just proving the point size means naff all in sport. If size and the ability to squat 600lbs mattered guys from the powerlifting section would all be internationals.
    Last edited by Bignik92; 02-22-2010 at 02:45 PM.