ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Twice a day workout ??

Does it make sense to workout twice a day? When would it make sense, or what would the benefits be?

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're an athlete, doing a lifting session early and then a cardio session later that day might have its benefits (i.e. having full rest days, which can be hard to fit in given that scenario). If we're talking about lifting weights twice per day, I think a good number of Olympic lifters do this. For natural bodybuilding, it's going to be tough to recover from two sessions per day. I guess if the overall volume stays the same, it could be doable though. I've never really considered it personally, because I'm fairly tired after lifting for 1-1.5 hours. If you can do it and recover from it, more power to you.

At 5'10", 183lbs, you might be better off just allowing your body to recover and grow after the one workout per day though. That is if getting bigger is one of your goals. If you're more concerned with endurance over other aspects, I guess more training makes sense. I'm pretty sure a lot of MMA guys train for hours regularly. What's optimal always depends on your main goal.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the more you workout the better

the only limit is how much your body & mind can handle
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    the more you workout the better

the only limit is how much your body & mind can handle

Op, no..don't work out twice a day. The only reason you would be able to grow from this is if you are taking some hardcore steroids
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ODoyle99 View Post
    [IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/nvlaho1/NotSureIfSerious.png[/IG]

Op, no..don't work out twice a day. The only reason you would be able to grow from this is if you are taking some hardcore
    brah, if he works out more often he can cut back on volume

for example, he can do 6 sets of bench one day per week or 2 sets of bench 3 days per week

see what i'm saying?

he can increase the frequency of workout sessions and reduce the number of sets per workout thus keeping the total weekly workload about the same

on another topic, you can maybe handle more than you think without celltech and without being a world class athlete

but you gotta find that out for yourself
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    if he works out more often he can cut back on volume
    Ah, gotcha. If he splits his workout in half, he could do one in the AM and one in the PM. I was thinking he meant two full workouts a day.

If you wanna split your workout in half OP, I agree with zakatak...but not two full workouts a day. Arnold did two a day, but he was getting serious pharmaceutical help
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShreddedMario has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ktj4l View Post
    If you're an athlete, doing a lifting session early and then a cardio session later that day might have its benefits (i.e. having full rest days, which can be hard to fit in given that scenario). If we're talking about lifting weights twice per day, I think a good number of Olympic lifters do this. For natural bodybuilding, it's going to be tough to recover from two sessions per day. I guess if the overall volume stays the same, it could be doable though. I've never really considered it personally, because I'm fairly tired after lifting for 1-1.5 hours. If you can do it and recover from it, more power to you.

At 5'10", 183lbs, you might be better off just allowing your body to recover and grow after the one workout per day though. That is if getting bigger is one of your goals. If you're more concerned with endurance over other aspects, I guess more training makes sense. I'm pretty sure a lot of MMA guys train for hours regularly. What's optimal always depends on your main goal.
    I see what your saying, makes sense !!