BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Biceps once or twice a week?

I do back and biceps on different days because the effort I put in on pull ups leaves my biceps dead for barebell curls / dumbbell curls etc.
    Lots of articles say to do biceps twice a week.

I do:
    monday:chest/tris/shoulders
    tuesday:cardio/ abs
    wednesday:back/legs
    thursday:cardio
    friday:biceps
    sat:rest
    sun:rest

I only directly hit biceps once a week in my routine, however, I get a great bicep workout and pump out of my pull ups when doing back. So could that justify only hitting biceps directly on friday because of the workout I give them on wednesday through my pullups?

Thanks!

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well having a day for biceps only is kind of a waste in my opinion, as you can hit biceps effectively in like 20 minutes. I would do a mini-bicep workout after your back day, the hit biceps again hard later in the week

Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Machiavelli63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thing ive heard is the recovery time for arms is very short. Maybe a day of rest or less. You can throw some biceps in with chest. I always felt like when i did curls before bench I had a good pump in my arms. Also I've also read, and tried pre exhaustion. If you workout the biceps first and then do back your back gets more of a workout because it has to make up for the lagging bicep. Small muscle before Big.

matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000) matt_nyc is just really nice. (+1000)
    chest/tris
    legs
    shoulders/abs
    back/bis
    cardio/bis / anything you feel weak on

donno just off the top of my head
    us army
    cuny qc
    sju

live.laugh.love

BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BradR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the insight guys!

GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GiZZmo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

I do them once a week but also do tris with them. My split is
    Monday- chest & abs
    Tuesday- back& shoulders
    Wednesday- legs
    Thursday- bis,tris,&forearms
    Friday- cardio & abs
    Saturday -rest
    Sunday-rest

This way I get my full potential on each muscle group, and have plenty of rest for that muscle. Not to mention doing bis and tris on the same day makes your arms look JACKED!!!!
    You don't need designer workout equipment to be a BEAST!

"You can't out supplement a poor diet." - Valhallabound86

If I had Iron will and John G as my trainers I would win MR O title no doubt. SRS!!! Those guys through age and experience KNOW what they are talking about so LISTEN TO WHAT THEY TELL YOU HOMIE!

vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000) vollric is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Machiavelli63 View Post
    The thing ive heard is the recovery time for arms is very short. Maybe a day of rest or less.
    no.
    “Man – He sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    -Dalai-

joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hit mine twice a week. Once light on back day. And once heavy on arms day.

3 sets on back day.
    9-12 heavy sets on arms day.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    Never having kids crew

So fat.

doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) doinmiabs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree w/above post that having a bicep day seems like a waste. Incorporate tri's in there and get a great arm workout. (As a matter of fact...I'm not a big fan of your split at all tbh...sorry). Monday is too heavy...Wednesday is too heavy and Friday is too light. U might think about splitting that up differently.

I've been known to hit bi's twice a week. But the 2nd w/o for the week is more of "I'm going out tonight and want to look pumped" as opposed to a full b@lls to the wall w/o.

JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BradR View Post
    I do back and biceps on different days because the effort I put in on pull ups leaves my biceps dead for barebell curls / dumbbell curls etc.

I do:

I only directly hit biceps once a week in my routine, however, I get a great bicep workout and pump out of my pull ups when doing back. So could that justify only hitting biceps directly on friday because of the workout I give them on wednesday through my pullups?

Thanks!
    I've been groovin' with this set-up:

mon-shoulders/tris
    tues-bis
    wed-legs
    thurs-chest
    fri-back
    sat/sun - 1 day off/1 day light leg work + cardio

joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000) joshwah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JmanTheJuiceman View Post
    I've been groovin' with this set-up:

mon-shoulders/tris
    tues-bis
    wed-legs
    thurs-chest
    fri-back
    sat/sun - 1 day off/1 day light leg work + cardio
    I understand the split it looks good but I don't understand training biceps on their own.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    Never having kids crew

So fat.

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Trick question! Biceps are an 8 day a week exercise.

I typically do mine twice a week along with my back exercises. In particular bent over barbell rows combined with curls seem to do me well.

Occasionally I have a "vanity day" and I'll do bis/tris/delts/chest together.

JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joshwah View Post
    I understand the split it looks good but I don't understand training biceps on their own.
    I ultimately decided (about 6 months ago when I devised this plan) that I needed a bicep day simply to give the rest of my body a break and not overtrain myself. It would be very tough to work shoulders, then back AND bis [instead of just bi's], then legs, etc.... see what I mean?

EDIT: People hate on bicep days, make fun of people who do it, and so on... but since switching to this set up my bi's have gained some serious size, they used to be pitiful :/

Registered User RelentlessFocus's Avatar
    RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlessFocus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BradR View Post

I do:

Thanks!
    ~in my opinion

It depends on your intensity and goals

If you are training at your maximum intensity without steroids, you shouldnt train the same muscle more then once week

I would do:

Monday: chest (yes thats right just chest) do a chest excercise then do some situps then do another chest exercise X 3
    Tuesday: shoulders an triceps (shoulders first then triceps, if you do your tri's first you wont get a good shoulder workout)
    wednesday: upper back (yes thats right just upper back) same as with chest do some core in between each back exercise X 3
    Thursday: biceps and lower back/legs

You can throw in some rest days here and there or split up the excersizes more if you want to go more than 4 times a week, your arm muscle group should always immediately follow the corresponding major compound exercise you did the day before (if you are going balls out for absolute size and strength) for example if you do chest, do triceps the next day so that by the time you do chest again your triceps arent holding you back.

the other thing to note, is that if you try and jamb too much stuff in one day you will spread the energy you have availble throughout too many muscle groups and not isolate one muscle group enough to take you to the next level.

this is all just my opnion. - its worked quite well for me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
    of our training"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------