roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Diet and Supplements for a torn tendon? (4k reps)

I torn a bit of my shoulder tendon, and now I want to make an efficient and responsible recovery. Does anyone know of a specific Diet I should follow? Any supplements that I could take that could further the healing process? thanks in advance guys.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Set caloric intake to TDEE.

Meet macronutrient sufficiency by consuming 125 grams of protein and 90 grams of fat. Compose your remaining caloric budget from whatever mix of carbs and additional protein and fat you prefer.

Ensure micronutrient sufficiency from a diet composed in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

As long as your diet is deficient, you don't need any supplements.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by roms15 View Post
    I torn a bit of my shoulder tendon, and now I want to make an efficient and responsible recovery. Does anyone know of a specific Diet I should follow? Any supplements that I could take that could further the healing process? thanks in advance guys.
    No specific diet I can think of except one that puts plenty of raw materials back into the body (fat and protein), I base that on nothing of course.

Some say L-Glutamine helps with rebuilding soft tissue but I'm pretty sure the science behind it is little to non-existent, the studies I have read seem to indicate it doesn't help too much. Either way, I still take L-Glutamine supps anyway since they're cheap. Maybe it helps, maybe not.

Beyond that, just time.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    keep the protein intake up as for supps i would say glucosamine/msm/cissus/fishoil
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) roms15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Set caloric intake to TDEE.

Meet macronutrient sufficiency by consuming 125 grams of protein and 90 grams of fat. Compose your remaining caloric budget from whatever mix of carbs and additional protein and fat you prefer.

Ensure micronutrient sufficiency from a diet composed in the (vast) majority from whole and minimally processed foods.

As long as your diet is deficient, you don't need any supplements.
    is there a reason for this type of diet?
    125g of protein and 90g of fat seem random...

also what do you mean by "as long as your diet is deficient"

Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    No specific diet I can think of except one that puts plenty of raw materials back into the body (fat and protein), I base that on nothing of course.

Some say L-Glutamine helps with rebuilding soft tissue but I'm pretty sure the science behind it is little to non-existent, the studies I have read seem to indicate it doesn't help too much. Either way, I still take L-Glutamine supps anyway since they're cheap. Maybe it helps, maybe not.

Beyond that, just time.
    ill look into L-glutamine thanks

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    keep the protein intake up as for supps i would say glucosamine/msm/cissus/fishoil
    ill look into those thanks

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by roms15 View Post

also what do you mean by "as long as your diet is deficient"
    Looks like a typo for "is not"

Agree with cumminslifter fatty fish consumption or fish oil seems to alleviate some of my tendon inflammation. Making minimums on protein and fat and eating at maint. Or higher helps the body make repairs.

In my experience adequate rest along with proper physical therapy as directed by physician are the most important factors to healing tendon issues. Good luck, tendon problems suck, hopefully you make a quick comeback.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000) moosedahgoose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    In my experience adequate rest along with proper physical therapy as directed by physician are the most important factors to healing tendon issues. Good luck, tendon problems suck, hopefully you make a quick comeback.
    Exactly what I came here to say. Rest is going to be the best supplement to proper nutrition (what Pug said).
    Follow me on an enchanting adventure (My Log):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153543271

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eating foods rich in arachidonic acid (n-6 fatty acid), such as eggs and meats, might help. It speeds up inflammation and recovery.

You'll want to reduce EPA (n-3 fatty acid) intake, since it interferes with arachidonic acid (basically it prevents arachidonic acid from being metabolised - thus it slows down inflammation and recovery).