cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raw Egg vs Cooked Egg Nutritional Value

I couldnt find the exact thread but i remember seeing someone was saying that....

one cup of egg whites cooked = 25 grams of protein
    one cup of egg whites raw = 12grams of protein

i dont understand how uncooked egg whites would have half the protein???
    or is what this person was saying incorrect??
    -Nelson-

For Some Of Us, Pushing To Failure Is A Way Of Life

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They both have the same amount of protein. You body's ability to digest raw egg whites is not a good.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsaucexdo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cnelson09 View Post
    I couldnt find the exact thread but i remember seeing someone was saying that....

no i would say he is incorrect, enzymes digest the same when the egg is raw than when the egg is cooked and there is the same amount of protein in both, protein doesnt get destroyed with heat

cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnelson09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    okayy, thats what i thought. the guy who was going on about it must have been smoking something.
    -Nelson-

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucexdo View Post
    no i would say he is incorrect, enzymes digest the same when the egg is raw than when the egg is cooked and there is the same amount of protein in both, protein doesnt get destroyed with heat
    Read: http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    in10city is correct as usual. don't think you can drink raw eggs and get the same benefit as eating the same eggs cooked.

i didnt plan on drinkin raw egg whites, a friend asked me and i remember seeing something about it but i wasnt exactly sure.
    -Nelson-

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i didnt plan on drinkin raw egg whites, a friend asked me and i remember seeing something about it but i wasnt exactly sure.
    tell him that egg whites straight out of the shell have like half the protein but if he buys egg whites in the carton those are good to go as long as they have been pasturised (sp)
    >>aussie supp misc family<<

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucexdo View Post
    They found that 90 per cent of the cooked egg was digested compared to just 51 per cent of the raw egg (The Journal of Nutrition, vol 128, p 1716).
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Originally Posted by gonna_be_big View Post
    tell him that egg whites straight out of the shell have like half the protein but if he buys egg whites in the carton those are good to go as long as they have been pasturised (sp)
    Pasteurization at 130 degrees and change for a few minutes is not going to produce the same denaturing effect as cooking would. If it did, it would start to curdle.

yes they are 100% pasturized egg whites.... thanks
    -Nelson-

you seem to know your stuff i got a quick question when it comes to eating egg whites cooked. which are better for you. carton pasturized egg whites or fresh egg whites out of a shell???
    -Nelson-

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you seem to know your stuff i got a quick question when it comes to eating egg whites cooked. which are better for you. carton pasturized egg whites or fresh egg whites out of a shell???
    which is cheaper
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

Registered User Drmichaeljoseph's Avatar
    Drmichaeljoseph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raw eggs versus cooked eggs

I have been looking for the nutritional value of raw eggs versus cooked and have found nothing. Unadulterated amino acids which we find in raw eggs have to contain more protein than cooked eggs in my opinion. Cooking destroys the nutritional value of most food or at least diminishes it. I like to drink raw eggs in a small glass of OJ and swallow them whole after a strenuous work out. The last taste in your mouth is the OJ. Make sure the eggs are fresh, range fed being best, salmonella is usually carried in the feces of the eggs and would be on the shell. If anybody has more info it would be appreciated! I've been a clinical nutritionist and chiropractor for the last 30 years.

WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WackyTomato has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you shouldn't worry about this and that you should eat cooked eggs.

Boiled eggs are the least caloric way to eat eggs, I believe.

I'm lucky enough to have in-laws who have a farm with chickens. They give me a massive amounts of free-range organic eggs every month or so. I boil them up and pickle them in one part white vinegar, one part water. Great snack!

AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000) AlmostDecent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Drmichaeljoseph View Post
    I have been looking for the nutritional value of raw eggs versus cooked and have found nothing. Unadulterated amino acids which we find in raw eggs have to contain more protein than cooked eggs in my opinion. Cooking destroys the nutritional value of most food or at least diminishes it. I like to drink raw eggs in a small glass of OJ and swallow them whole after a strenuous work out. The last taste in your mouth is the OJ. Make sure the eggs are fresh, range fed being best, salmonella is usually carried in the feces of the eggs and would be on the shell. If anybody has more info it would be appreciated! I've been a clinical nutritionist and chiropractor for the last 30 years.
    It isn't the nutritional value that comes into question. Read the study in the link, the title is pretty clear:

"Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques"
    Truth hurts, but ignorance hurts more.

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have been looking for the nutritional value of raw eggs versus cooked and have found nothing.
    There's a link in this very thread. Look harder.

Unadulterated amino acids which we find in raw eggs have to contain more protein than cooked eggs in my opinion.
    Stating incorrect facts and saying it's an opinion makes no sense. Dusseldorf is the capital of Kentucky in my opinion. See how that means nothing?

Cooking destroys the nutritional value of most food or at least diminishes it.
    Were talking about eggs here.

I've been a clinical nutritionist and chiropractor for the last 30 years.
    Oh goodie!

cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cma416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would shy away from raw eggs. Much much higher chance of food poisoning.

nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathantrauscht will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cooking denatures the protein, making it easier for enzymes to digest them. This is most likely why we digest more protein from cooked egg whites than raw.

Source: elmhurst . edu/~chm/vchembook/568denaturation.html

(Apparently I don't have enough "points" to post a link in my reply)

Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lolo24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

````````````````````
    actually the protein in cooked eggs was actually 40% more bio-available to the body than when uncooked. In practical terms, this means that you’d have to eat seven raw eggs to absorb the amount of protein available in five cooked eggs. So cooking actually ehances the biological value (BV) of eggs, versus degrading it.

Eating raw eggs can also interfere with the absorption of a key vitamin: biotin (also known as “Vitamin H.”) Raw egg whites contain a protein called avidin, which binds with biotin in the gut and prevents it from being absorbed by the body. However, cooking the eggs deactivates the avidin. So long-term and regular consumption of raw egg whites may contribute to biotin deficiencies.

dantinori4539 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eggs are a protein rich food; around 12% of the egg white is protein and the yolk is about 16%. Proteins are made up of chains of building blocks called amino acids which are folded and arranged in a very specific way, and it is this shape, among other characteristics, which bestows the protein its properties. When proteins are subjected to changes in pH or temperature, the bonds holding them together in a particular conformation are disrupted, causing the protein to unravel and tangle. This process is known as denaturation and is the reason that egg whites go from clear to white when cooked
    The broken down protein pieces or individual amino acids (after cooking) allow for better absorption into the body, thus retaining/building more protein for muscle use. The whole proteins in raw (uncooked) egg whites make it tougher/longer for the body to break down for protein synthesis (in muscle recovery)
    So if you have the time/energy to do so, cook your egg whites instead of consuming them raw such as in a protein shake. You'll get more of your money's worth, and your body will thank you.

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the unnecessary copy pasta (that you didn't bother to attribute to the author) over two years after this thread died. Around 12% of the egg white is protein? About 100% of the calories in whites come from protein. I'd ask you what you're attempting to claim, but you probably don't know since you copied it from an internet site.

LiftingGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftingGeek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like someone has been watching Rocky.