ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

World Record Hang Clean/Power Clean?

I was just wondering if anyone new of the world record in just the Hang Clean or Power Clean? I would think it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 lbs. In college, I Hang Cleaned 365x1 at 230 lbs which I think it pretty solid but I know that is probably warm-up weight for some Power-lifters.

Registered Nutcase eyeoftheworld's Avatar
    eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ssmith41 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone new of the world record in just the Hang Clean or Power Clean? I would think it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 lbs. In college, I Hang Cleaned 365x1 at 230 lbs which I think it pretty solid but I know that is probably warm-up weight for some Power-lifters.
    365 is a solid clean. There's no real world record, though, for power-lifters, as they don't contest that lift. Neither do we weightlifters.
    Training journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124874941

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hang clean is soley an assistance lift, same with the power clean

I've seen vids of some beastly power cleans though; Pablo Lara power cleaned 190kg (420lbs) in the training hall at the Atlanta Olympics at a bodyweight of 76kg (167lbs); Hossein Rezazadeh (superheavy) power cleaned 220kg (485lbs) for reps and sets in training during a 'light' workout in prep for the Sydney Olympics in 2000, I have no doubt he could've done 500 though
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hamman saw Reza PC 230 without a problem.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you did that clean you would have been one of the strongest college athletes. Give you an idea here is video of noah bryant-he was a 70+ foot shot put thrower at usc and is pro now- He also around 280lbs. 230lber hang power cleaning close to 400lbs extremely impressive.

thats 200kg full clean-easier then hang power clean- He did that as senior also and was the best thrower in usc history for shot putt also national champion 2x.

220kg easy power clean here by reza. He is world record holder in total, clean and snatch.

180kg hang clean by non olympic weightlifter although he has a 900+lb dl and is top strongman.

also awesome hang power although this is snatch. Thats definitely the most impressive of all the above, although reza easy power clean was pretty awesome just because of how easy looked.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

forgot this one is pretty awesome also

consider the wr for his weight class in full snatch is 153k and he is repping 140kg from hang.
    updated 2011
    bw-Urijah Faber

ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ssmith41 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the videos. In my opinion, I think the Olympic Lifts: Hang Clean, Power Clean, Snatch are the true measure of functional strength.

Thanks for the videos. In my opinion, I think the Olympic Lifts: Hang Clean, Power Clean, Snatch are the true measure of functional strength.
    snatch, clean, squat, dl in that order
    updated 2011
    bw-Urijah Faber

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you meant to say Clean & jerk for the olympic lifts, as the hang clean and power clean are only assistance lifts and not competed in. But, you are correct!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Registered Nutcase eyeoftheworld's Avatar
    eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not to be sacrilegious, but the clean and jerk is more realistic than the snatch. It combines a deadlift, a squat and an overhead lift. Basically, the true markers of real strength.
    Training journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124874941

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

Originally Posted by eyeoftheworld View Post
    Not to be sacrilegious, but the clean and jerk is more realistic than the snatch. It combines a deadlift, a squat and an overhead lift. Basically, the true markers of real strength.
    I always think of it as two lfits snatch one lift taking the most weight can from ground to overhead in one explosive monument uses every muscle in body pretty much.
    updated 2011
    bw-Urijah Faber

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    hang clean is soley an assistance lift, same with the power clean

I've seen vids of some beastly power cleans though; Pablo Lara power cleaned 190kg (420lbs) in the training hall at the Atlanta Olympics at a bodyweight of 76kg (167lbs); Hossein Rezazadeh (superheavy) power cleaned 220kg (485lbs) for reps and sets in training during a 'light' workout in prep for the Sydney Olympics in 2000, I have no doubt he could've done 500 though
    I would be interested in seeing the Pablo Lara power clean, do you have any idea where I can find this video? Thanks

Also, awesome videos in this thread. I love the chinese hang snatch one, definitely a favorite of mine.
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    I would be interested in seeing the Pablo Lara power clean, do you have any idea where I can find this video? Thanks

Also, awesome videos in this thread. I love the chinese hang snatch one, definitely a favorite of mine.
    its around the end of this vid,he starts doing power cleans with 180kg at like 7:00 and then does the 190kg at 7:40, the ironmind vid had a better view though

Last edited by GoJu; 09-07-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Citius82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    If you did that clean you would have been one of the strongest college athletes. Give you an idea here is video of noah bryant-he was a 70+ foot shot put thrower at usc and is pro now- He also around 280lbs. 230lber hang power cleaning close to 400lbs extremely impressive.

thats 200kg full clean-easier then hang power clean- He did that as senior also and was the best thrower in usc history for shot putt also national champion 2x.

220kg easy power clean here by reza. He is world record holder in total, clean and snatch.

180kg hang clean by non olympic weightlifter although he has a 900+lb dl and is top strongman.

also awesome hang power although this is snatch. Thats definitely the most impressive of all the above, although reza easy power clean was pretty awesome just because of how easy looked.
    Noah Bryant was good but don't make things up. He never threw 70+ in college and didn't post college.

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)

OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) OlyTrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is no "world record" for a hang or power clean. It's not a lift that is done in a sanctioned weightlifting competition. That would seem to be the equivalent of something like a "world record" for a Crossfit workout. It's not really a "record" that's necessarily relevant to anything outside of a personal best.

As said before, a power clean is an assistance lift for weightlifters, and in many cases is a lift that is done in a football weight room with poor technique developed from years of improper coaching.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OlyTrick View Post
    There is no "world record" for a hang or power clean. It's not a lift that is done in a sanctioned weightlifting competition. That would seem to be the equivalent of something like a "world record" for a Crossfit workout. It's not really a "record" that's necessarily relevant to anything outside of a personal best.

As said before, a power clean is an assistance lift for weightlifters, and in many cases is a lift that is done in a football weight room with poor technique developed from years of improper coaching.
    Quoted for truth!! If you're strong enough, you would need to power clean and jerk the weight and break the existing clean & jerk record for that specific weightclass.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One thing I like to do when watching lifting videos is to go frame by frame and see what is the maximum height that the bar is pulled to during the clean. What I have found is that in the superheavyweight category where the lifters operate generally with quite ample strength reserves, the bar is pulled high enough that if caught at the maximum height would qualify as a power clean. Of course with heavy weights this pretty much never happens as a quarter/half squat is a very difficult position at which to stop the downward momentum of the bar so everybody just rides it through the squat. However on many cases the bar´s max height in the clean is above the level of the lifters thighs being parallel to the ground i.e would qualify as a power clean if caught exactly there and not ridden down.

Example:

Watch where he pulls the bar to in relation to the background (at around 0:08) and then go to when he squats up with it to the same height (at around 0:14) and I think most would agree that a clean caught at that height would technically be considered a power clean...though of course this will almost never happen.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    At 0:09 you can see how damn high the bar is! He could maybe even pull it to "quarter squat" position (hamstring and calf form a 90 degree angle) which I have always thought would be a better definition for a power lift since many lifters don't break parallel even with their full lifts.

DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DYEOLY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Who doesnt? All the actual weightlifters I've ever seen go full depth. The heavier the weightclass the higher they catch in my experience.. Except Ilyin who is a freak.
    My Progress (video & chit) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151787483&p=1023897743#post1023897743

PB
    175 comp total
    85kg Sn
    105kg C&J

Wooby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Keep in mind that powerlifters don't perform the clean and jerk, the clean, anything clean-related, or the snatch. That's in the category of weightlifting . But on another note, you'd have a hard time finding the world record for the clean or hang clean because it usually isn't performed competitively by itself. I believe the clean and jerk world record is held by Hussein Rezazadeh at 581 lbs.

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.