MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The hammer strength chest press machine at my gym....

Lately I've been using the hammer strength chest press machine at my gym. I'm taking a break from dumbbell bench pressing and using hammer strength chest press machine but I will get back to dumbbell bench pressing soon. I can rep 80 lb dumbbells for 8 reps at least but on this hammer strength chest press machine I can only to 160 lbs for 6 reps on it which I find strange. Also I can barbell bench more weight than on this particular hammer strength machine at my gym which I find strange. I have been to another gym before and they had a hammer strength chest press but it felt lighter for the weight compared to this one. Does anyone here know why this hammer strength chest press machine feels so heavy for the weight and I can lift more weight with free weights?

JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just don't worry about the differences between machines. just work the iron.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hammer chest

Originally Posted by MuscleGainer View Post
    Lately I've been using the hammer strength chest press machine at my gym. I'm taking a break from dumbbell bench pressing and using hammer strength chest press machine but I will get back to dumbbell bench pressing soon. I can rep 80 lb dumbbells for 8 reps at least but on this hammer strength chest press machine I can only to 160 lbs for 6 reps on it which I find strange. Also I can barbell bench more weight than on this particular hammer strength machine at my gym which I find strange. I have been to another gym before and they had a hammer strength chest press but it felt lighter for the weight compared to this one. Does anyone here know why this hammer strength chest press machine feels so heavy for the weight and I can lift more weight with free weights?
    the weight is on the end of a lever arm which makes it feel heavier...

Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This may be obvious, but are you making sure to include the weight of the arms too?

I tried to do a Hammer Strength once and put the same weight as the dumbbells I usually press on their and could barely get half the reps because I simply forgot to caclulate the arms because I never use the machine. (I only used it because all the free benches were taken.)
    <Insert Japanese Writing Here>

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - Kazushi Sakuraba

MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Insane Clown View Post
    This may be obvious, but are you making sure to include the weight of the arms too?

I tried to do a Hammer Strength once and put the same weight as the dumbbells I usually press on their and could barely get half the reps because I simply forgot to caclulate the arms because I never use the machine. (I only used it because all the free benches were taken.)
    The starting weight without plates is 7 lbs on the machine I'm talking about.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I do find this somewhat odd.

I own many hammer pieces and the chest press and incline press I have I can do substantially more weight on them than I can on dumbbells. Have you tried adjusting the height of the seat or where you are laying on the bench? I know that one of the keys for me when using hammer equipment is to make sure it is in the proper position.

dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The starting weight without plates is 7 lbs on the machine I'm talking about.
    The golds gym I workout at has a flat hammer bench that you lay flat on. The weight of the arms are 10lb a piece. Not sure if yours lays flat or a seated flat but maybe the arms weight more than you think.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    There's no corelation between machine exercises and free weight exercises. Simply load the machine with the appropriate weight to bring you to near-failure at your target reps.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733