Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Tuesday - Bodypart Schedule Switch

Nice change today - my new workout plan has Chest on Tues now verses my Shoulders on Tuesday as typicaly scheduled. This made for a nice change. Also, the calve workout changed to heavier, with lower reps. Also a nice change.

Some negative energy in my house this morning & not sure why. As I walked out the door for the gym, I voiced a reminder to be thankful because you have so much. You can get out of bed in the morning without help & some people can't - I referenced my mom. This reminder wasn't said for me, but for the benefit of others. Never hurts to have a gentle reminder. Then I told my dogs to have a good day too & enjoy their kennel outside - reminded them that they like the kennel because that's where life happens. Life doesn't happen hiding inside the house. Another good reminder on those days you don't feel like going out - stay in & miss opportunities of life.

Off to the gym!

What was GREAT about my workout?
    1) nice to have a new plan & swith of bodypart order & calve rep range/weight
    2) shock of heavier low rep calves should stimulate new growth
    3) Incline DB Fly - improved form. Shot a video of Incline DB fly last time around. Watching it I saw myself leaning a bit to one side. I realized I was struggling with balance with my feet on the bench foot rest. Decided to plant my feet firmly on the floor. Stablize my base. This was effective technique. Also realized I was stretching too far at the bottom - don't need to go down that far - keep it in the muscle.
    4) Incline Hamer - keeping it in the chest & improving form
    5) Pec Deck - constant tension - not letting out of the muscle - not overstretching - not crowching body
    6) cranked the cardio session - very intense & read lots of good stuff in Flex

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) New workout routine so getting used to some exercises - hard to judge strength gains or lack of
    2) confidence in knee twist pushups & more reps, more power & energy

WORKOUT DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 8
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 9
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 7 almost feel I wanted it too bad this morning so my focus wasn't as good as it could have been because I just wanted to kill it. want my gains to come faster. need more patience & confidence that they are coming
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 8
    5.Focus on proper form & execution. 9
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 8
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym. 8 Need to focus more when I am writing it
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 7
    9.My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train
    are the ones I love to train more than any other" - n/a
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 9 [b]tempted to skip it & then when I started stretching I couldn't belive I had even considered that as tight as my legs/glutes were from yesterday's workout. Don't be tempted to skip![/]
    11.Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? 9
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 8 sometimes I picked weight that was too heavy for my target reps, but didn't back down when I didn't get the reps.
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 7 - intensity was high so almost felt like I didn't go out of approach mode. different pre-workout
    14.Review my workout after each workout - 9

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Post my daily thought on ********: 0 other business tasks today take priority
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 7
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 7 Fitness contact
    www.marykay.com/joy.henderson
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely 9
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long 9
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 8
    7.Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day 7
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 5
    9.Complete on-line journal & add scripture reference 10
    10.Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 9

PositiveEnergy247 Fitness
    Click the link below to join my mailing list and stay up to date:
    http://bit.ly/join_my_mailing_list-today

Ecc 2:24 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Visit:
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Wed - Cardio & Coaching!

Yesterday, I was thinking about my cardio program for today. I have been taking my treadmill pace to higher & higher levels just challenging myself to do more but yesterday, I asked myself, is that really what I should be doing?

I answered my question with the question, what is my goal? My cardio intensity should be based on my goal. My cardio is intended for for calorie burning and cardio health. When cardio is performed through the week after weight training, I target a heart rate of around 150-155 BPM (85% my max - recommended zone for calorie burning/cardio. Why should my Wed cardio session be any different just because I don't weight train that day? I have the same goal all the time my intensity should be based on that goal.

My thoughts generated today's post on my ******** page:
    How INTENSE should your cardio session be? Have you even thought about the INTENSITY of your cardio session or are you just GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS?

Is your goal to BURN the most FAT, burn the most CALORIES, get FASTER or improve ENDURANCE for an event? FIRST determine your GOALS, then determine the INTENSITY of your cardio session to meet that goal in the most EFFICIENT and EFFECTIVE manner.

If your goal is to burn fat or burn calories, purchase a HEART RATE MONITOR and monitor your heart rate to make CERTAIN it is in the OPTIMAL zone to meet your goals. A heart rate monitor also serves as a COACH to remind you of when you aren’t reaching your target goal!

Work SMARTER and often times HARDER!

Go to the location below to JOIN MY MAILING LIST and stay up to date:

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 8
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 9
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. N/A cardio only scheduled for today
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. N/A
    5.Focus on proper form & execution. N/A
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more N/A
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.
    I WILL earn my pro card at the 2012 Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits, staying focused on my goals. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE.
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 7
    9.My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train
    are the ones I love to train more than any other" N/A
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 9
    11.Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? N/A
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. N/A
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence N/A
    14.Review my workout after each workout 10

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Post my daily thought on ********: 10
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 8 new fitness contact
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 9
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 9
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 7
    7.Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day - 8
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 7
    9.Complete on-line journal & add scripture reference - 10
    10.Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared - 10

Enjoyed my one-on-one coaching call with Skip today. Making progress toward my goals. The homework assignment last week really helped me make progress with the business aspect and alignment of priorities and balance in doing things out of passion AND to make money. Excited about this week's homework assignment & official launching & promotion of my first product with a business approach.
    Thoughts from today:
    Balance efficiency and tenacity - sometimes its just a better lesson to be sheerly tenacious.
    Don't be afraid to promise the world - sometimes its the motivator we need.

2 Corinthians 5:1 We have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-24-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Thursday - Back & Back to Videos!

My new workout program called for DB Rows. Hadn't done these in a while, didn't have a video, perfect opportunity to check my form & get a video of this. Who knows, might even be part of a future product! The videos really have proved to be a valuable tool for improving my form/training technique and really enjoy them & believe it pushes me to higher levels to do them. Getting used to having the camera and not letting it distract me.

1) moved through the abs at a good pace. Varied the exercises a bit for variety. Was enjoyable & effective. Good mindset
    2) keeping my back arched & my feet tucked behind me on pullups. Makes it harder & reps were down but reps will come up with continued use of this form & purpose is to effectively target back, working harder
    3) Good execution & strength on T-bar rows. Good mindset. Not resting, constant motion & tension
    4) Rev Grip Pulldowns - Better execution & pulling to sweet spot & using back, although reps down, but can you ereally say that? the exercise order was different so not a true comparison
    5) Straight arm pullovers - keeping it in the sweet spot. more effectively worked the muscle although lowered the reps I was able to perform. They will come back up
    6) Enjoyed the DB rows - good energy. Debated on using 65# vs. 70# because i wasn't sure the form was good. Stuck w/ the 70#DB - from the video, this is NOT too heavy. My form was acceptable to me. I'll send to Lisa, she may blast me
    7) hypers - kept it in the sweet spot & pace was good. stayed focused
    8) enjoyed the video. also got some good pics. Had Fun!

9) good cardio session - legs burning like hell on stepmill but kept pushing.

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) forgot the negative on the DB rows - caught up in the video
    2) wasn't able to identify strength or rep gains - different workout program

Thought going through my head today during training:
    What are you afriad of? Working hard? Why?

Visit my ******** page for tips on effective DB rows.

Go to the location below to JOIN MY MAILING LIST and stay up to date:

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 9 looking forward to shooting the video!
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 9 thought as I walked out to the Jeep in the dark & glanced up at the stars shining bright, "focus what you gain, not what you lose. Focus on the fact that you see the stars in the morning when others are in bed. Don't focus on what you miss by driving in town in the dark.
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 9
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 9
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 9
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym. 10
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 7. didn't ready, but pulled the photo of some awesome competitor's backs & carried it with me to the gym to remind me of what I am up against & what I want to build
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 8 - didn't do stretching routine. focused on back & ham stretch
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 9
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 9
    14.Review my workout after each workout 9

Galatians 5:22 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-25-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Visit:

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Henderjb! It always look like you are having fun. Love your back and look at those lats! ... Very good thoughts on cardio, thinking about what your goal is with it is important. I have never been a great tracker (except for money ) but working on this discipline now. I see it's value. MzJules ...still pushin..
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Thumbs up Friday - Shoulder Blast!

First time through this shoulder workout & boy was it a smoker!

1) It challenged me.
    2) my shoulders were fully taxed after the workout. it hurt to stretch. I could feel every fiber
    3) I enjoyed the workout & felt a sense of accomplishment - kind of equated to a leg workout
    4) Before/after workout, I inspired others around me & was inspired. Got some positive feedback about my fitness page & posts & shared my page link with another who deeply appreciated me taking the time to share.
    5) pushing myself hard on calves - know I have to with everything to make gains. focused on my calves & working the muscle
    6) I was very mentally interested in the workout & focused

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) Build confidence in the new shoulder exercises & improve execution
    2) better (more positive) mental picture of my shoulders - full & round. Visualizing accomplishing your goals & confidence in acheiving them
    3) get stronger, never understimate your strength, never consider going lighter. A Mass Machine chooses the heavier weight & lifts it with confidence. I am a MASS MACHINE!
    4) new workout & exercises. sometimes chose too heavy of a weight to get reps & had to reverse pyramid next set

2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 8
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 7 sometimes I felt my pace b/w sets was a bit fast. Less than my typ 1:20-1:30 b/w sets
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 9
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 9 chose the heavier weight
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym. 10
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 5
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 9
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 9
    14.Review my workout after each workout 7

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 1 thought about my vision, but didn't read
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 9
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely 9
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long 8
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 8
    7.Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day - 5
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 9

Go to the link below to join my mailing list and stay up to date:

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-26-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Saturday - Feeling the Taxation of the Workouts - Knowing I am on Track!

Last night I felt absolutely smoked. I think the new workouts this week have really been challenging me & that last two days at work were taxing too trying to make sure a product went out the door in the best light.

Set the alarm for 5:15 AM. Woke up but wasn't really feeling motivated to be quite honest. Got up anyway & got started. Decided to get a cup of coffee & sweep floors, water plants & take care of some household chores for a few while drinking my coffee. Usually I just start cooking breakfast, grab the preworkout, eat & out the door. Just felt like I needed a few minutes to regroup & get my mind ready to roll. Worked out really well & still got to the gym at a good time.

When i got to the gym, i went straight to work. Really hit abs hard & efficiently. then started in on triceps using the same station I was using for abs. Stayed at that same station for most of my tricep workout which really helped improve efficiency & also avoid any distractions. Once I got started with the workout, I was on fire mentally & physically!

1) intense, energy, enjoyed it
    2) Abs were quick & effective
    3) tricep workout was very efficient using staying at the same station after abs, staying at the station for pushups, pushdowns
    4) awesome pump in both triceps & biceps. good mind/muscle connection

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) continue to improve peak contractions
    2) watch drop sets - use technique sparingly

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 7
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 8
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 8 be careful to get enough rest b/w sets. Note: this is strange I have noted having to hold back my pace 2 days in a row
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 7
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more - 8 it was a balance of weight & muscle connection
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 1 just rolled out the door, but did cross my mind
    14.Review my workout after each workout 7

Mic 7:8 .... when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Visit:

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    "Good Reminder" --you just wanted Skip's abs in your journal - smiling WITH you!

it's that obvious? ..........Dang! .... ..MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Thumbs up Sunday - you GET OUT what you PUT IN

Today's ******** Post
    Feeling BLAH today? What did you PUT IN?
    Am I talking about NUTRITION? Or am I talking about LIFE?

With NUTRITION, you PUT IN proper FUEL and you GET OUT proper PERFORMANCE. If you are feeling BLAH today, maybe it’s a result of last night’s JUNK FOOD? If it WAS junk food, WAS IT WORTH the BLAH feeling you are EXPERIENCING today? Remember this feeling. THINK twice before eating that food again. Ask yourself the question “IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?”

If improper nutrition is NOT the reason for your BLAHS, what is? Are you putting enough GOODNESS INTO YOUR LIFE!?! Just like proper nutrition, proper MENTAL FOOD is a must! What you PUT IN is what you GET OUT. Search for GOODNESS and NUTRIENTS to put into your LIFE in the form of POSITIVE people, positive READING, positive MUSIC, positive PODCASTS, the list goes on and on. If you are a SPIRITUAL person, think of your spirituality, consider reading the Bible daily. Again, what you PUT IN is what you PUT OUT.

FIND YOUR SOURCE OF GOODNESS in your life, whatever inspires & motivates you. FUEL YOUR INNER SELF with it and set the BLAHS ablaze!

WORKOUT DAILY DISCIPLINES – SUNDAY/WED
    Note: Sunday/Wed daily disciplines are different because they are non-training days

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image 9
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional 9
    3.Constantly challenge myself to reach a higher level of mental/physical focus & well being 8 good connection with glutes today, focused on my goals. Arrived at the gym early, efficient
    4.Keep focused on my goals by writing it
    I WILL earn my pro card at the 2012 Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits, staying focused on my goals. I am GIFTED. I am A CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE.
    5.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym
    6.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 9 [B]good stretching today. focused & w/o interruption.

1. Post my daily thought on ******** - 10
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 10 even better - envisioning it & living it as I set on my deck with my coffee, looking at the fallen leaves, smelling the woodstove burning in the distance and writing today's ******** post on PUTTING IN GOODNESS.
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 0 not on my priority list for today
    4. Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 9
    5. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 9
    6. Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 9 got in the hot tub on the deck after the cardio session. so relaxed I almost fell asleep in there. I never get that relaxed. Putting in the GOODNESS of life around
    7. Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day
    8. Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 9
    9. Complete on-line journal & add scripture reference 10
    10. Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 9 squats & hack squats tomorrow, going to get myself so mentally ready.

Psalms 34:1 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-28-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Monday - Legs - Another Level

Today's leg workout was challenging, as much mentally as it was physically. With the variety in exercises & variation in exercise order, its always a challenge to keep the focus in the target muscle & remember your goal. A challenge to keep in mind that the goal is not moving the weight, or ego lifting, the goal is working the muscle. Such a balance & I can't believe that after 12 years of training, I feel I can still tap so much deeper & am only nipping at the tip of the iceburg.

1) I was focused on my goals.
    2) confident in squats, increased weight by 5# & executed reps with confidence & focus. Good mental attitude
    3) I believe the workout really broke down my legs deep - it was a "power" workout. Didn't feel a real pump or burn, but more that deep tapping into the muscle feel
    4) good mindset - Kept telling myself I only thought I was working hard, but could do so much more. I KNOW I CAN DO MORE & AM WORKING TOWARD THAT CONSTANTLY
    5) enjoyed the workout - good sense of pride & accomplishment

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) new workout program. Often times I chose a weight too heavy to get the target reps & had to drop
    2) the new workout & variation in exercise order was forcing me to use lighter weights because it was working the muscle in a different way. I had to stay focused on my goal & drop the weight as needed - I am working the muscle, not powerlifting moving the weight from point A to B
    3) squats were good (done as first exercise), but wanted to be stronger in everything else

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 8 ready my "Business Vision" first thing in morning. I can see the benefit of it. I needed to be reminded of my goals to remind me to drive hard toward them & why I am doing this.
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 9
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 9
    are the ones I love to train more than any other" 9
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 8
    14.Review my workout after each workout 8

1. Post my daily thought on ******** - 0 not priority today. Priority was on finalizing my meal plan services product info.
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 10
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 0
    4. Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 8 dentist appt put me behind on a meal
    5. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 8
    6. Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 8
    7. Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day - 7
    8. Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 6
    10. Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 9 Big storm moving in - hope to the gym will be open....

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-29-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Tuesday - Chest, Calves, & Cardio - How Comitted are You?

Power outage last evening at the house. EXCUSE or OPPORTUNITY - which will you choose? That will be the topic of today's ******** post - based on real time experience.

EXCUSE or OPPORTUNITY ….. which do you SEE?? What will you CHOOSE?
    As winter sets in and storms bring obstacles like POWER OUTAGES and DELAYS, WHAT DO YOU SEE? Do you see an EXCUSE for not meeting your health and fitness goals? If you choose to use that EXCUSE, how do you feel knowing YOU MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY for success?
    There is ALWAYS a way to reach ANY goal if you are truly COMMITTED. Make the choice NOW to be COMIITTED this winter, to reaching your health and fitness GOALS or any other goal in your life. Take advantage of the OPPORTUNITIES, such as extra time in your schedule that may result from weather related delays or cancellations. USE this extra time, these OPPORTUNITIES to work TOWARD your goals.
    POWER OUTAGES ……
    NO generator? NO PROBLEM! Power outages at your home are a breeze with a FEW SIMPLE TOOLS and a GYM with a shower! Meal preparation in advance also comes in handy. REMEMBER, there is ALWAYS a way if you are truly COMMITTED!

1) I was very conscious of my goal - to work the muscle, not just to lift more weight from point A to point B. Squeeze the muscle - expand & contract not using other bodyparts to assist just to lift heavier weights
    2) learning better mind/connection & form on Incline Bench - throw away the ego lifting
    3) moved through the workout efficiently
    4) chest felt thoroughly worked
    5) very mentally interested in the workout & mentally present

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) get stronger while maintaining that improved form & muscle connection
    2) continue to learn to feel the muscles working & make them work harder. can't believe after all these years, I am still working on this, but there is always that higher level
    3) new workout - challenge to find the right weight for the target reps. some error in selection

IWas very aware of how to get myself in the zone, under any circumstances. Turning obstacles to opportunities
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional.
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 8
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 8
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more - 8 constant challenge of keeping it in the muscle & pushing to lift more

8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 8
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 8
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 8

1. Post my daily thought on ******** - 10
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 0
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 8 fitness contact
    4. Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 8 up a bit later, pushing meals a bit closer
    6. Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 8
    8. Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 8
    9. Complete on-line journal & add scripture reference - 10
    10. Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 9

Hebrews 6:20 This hope we have as an anchor for the soul....
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-31-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    Visit:

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wanted to say Hi and that your journal is phenomenal. You are definitely staying on top of everything and I hope life is treating you well. I am trying to get back into all the journalism and posting I was doing earlier this year. Stay in touch. Great Inspiration by the way!
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Thumbs up Wednesday - Cardio & Coaching!

UNLOCK the door hindering you from making progress. To learn more & get a better understand your body, join my mailing list:

Woke up feeling a bit rough this morning to be quite honest. Been feeling really tired lately - think the new workouts are really kicking my butt into new growth!

Legs & lower back really sore from Monday's leg workout & chest sore from yesterday. The thought of movement hurt and I wasn't really looking forward to the treadmill. Just wanted to soak in a tub of hot water. Also finding it difficult to think of positive things at first - found my electric toothbrush got burned up with a generator mishap along with my radio that I enjoy in the mornings. I tried to think of the positive - my computer was protected with my surge protector thank God!

Had some good message from friends that picked me up this morning & helped send me on the right track.

To my surprise, I ended up having a great cardio session! Arrived at the gym & began the well needed dynamic stretching routine. It really does help to get out the stiffness. As I was stretching, a Kanye West song started going through my head - Beautiful Life I believe is the name, so I decided to put on Kanye. Things just started rolling from there. Next thing you know I was up to level 8 pace on the treadmill & trying to crank it up higher but that particular treadmill maxed out at level 8/. I felt "numb" like I was running all out but my body was totally unaffected & strong & my breathing was totally controlled. I love those days - those feelings of a MACHINE!

What was GREAT about my workout? - see above

What isn't perfect YET? I need to get myself in that good place faster mentally & physically

Note: Sunday/Wed daily disciplines are different because they are non-training days

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image 6 not acceptable
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional 8
    3.Constantly challenge myself to reach a higher level of mental/physical focus & well being 9
    4.Keep focused on my goals by writing it
    I WILL earn my pro card at the 2013 Team Universe by being motivated, dedicted, determined, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits, staying focused on my goals. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    5.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 8
    6.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 8 could still have used some more time to foam roll!

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1. Post my daily thought on ******** -10
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 8
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 0
    8. Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 8
    10. Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 8

Proverbs 4:18 The path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.
    Last edited by henderjb; 10-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Thursday - Back Connection

After some additional advice from my trainer last week, I have been thinking more about getting the target reps, getting full contractions, fully working the muscle. Sometimes I let my reps get a bit lower than I think I realize. While there is advantages of heavy training, there is also advantages to lighter (lighter is a realive term - doesn't mean easy) training getting better contractions, more reps, more time under tension & making sure you are using the target muscle more effectively.

Today, I had to lighten up a few things because I realized I wasn't getting peak contraction. Really felt my lats working, but then again I always seem to have a good connection with my back.

1) I enjoyed it & was very mentally into it
    2) I was focused on my goal & made adjustments to weight as needed
    3) good cardio session - stepmill as usual. Weekly podcast helps keep in interesting

What isn't pefect YET?
    1) could have had a more efficient ab workout. Forgot leg weights in locker room & had to go get. Then did a set of ab crunch by mistake when I should have done a side crunch so had to do an extra set.
    2) get stronger with that same muscle connection

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 8 could have been more energetic
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 7
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 8
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 8 with respect to more reps, better contraction/execution
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 8 put the "competitor back comparison" in my workout book
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 8 had to fight myself sometimes to make me lower the weight & get the reps/better contraction
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence - 8

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1. Post my daily thought on ******** -9 wrote tomorrows post
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 0
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 5 extended invites
    8. Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 7

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given unto Him.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-01-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Visit:

For training tips, JOIN MY MAILING LIST by clicking on this link:

1) Got down my 7 minutes long driveway & noticed the Jeep wasn't right. Got out - tire was getting flat. Back up the drive, another 7 minutes, into the Honda, down to road, to the gym. Had an awesome workout & still had plenty of time to get everything done efficient, effective, & focused!
    2) Today's workout was a [n]barrage of various styles of presses[/b]. Decided it would be a great day to video to check my form on a variety of press styles. Great session - gym was very quiet this morning - this was perfect for video!
    3) Enjoyed the workout & felt it was very effective. I was very focused. My shoulders feel awesome!

4) Very focused on my goals on Calve training as well. The last set of 30 reps was the ticket

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) be able to maintain better focus & lift heavier with more control & better form on single arm DB side laterals
    2) be able to maintain better focus & lift heavier with more control & better form on BB Up-n-Backs
    3) had to cut stretching time short - only a few shoulder stretches due to time constraints

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 9
    5.Focus on proper form & execution. 8
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 9 more as in better mind/muscle & getting target reps
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.10
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 7
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 3
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 8
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 7

Shoulder Press Bombardment
    STANDARD DB PRESS

ARNOLD PRESS

Military Press - Finishing Exercise

1 Thessalonians 5:15 .... Render no man evil for evil; pursue what is good;both amoung yourselves, and to all men.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-02-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Saturday - Abs & Arms

Got home late last night from a massage appointment after work. My massage therapist is also a fitness client so afterwards we discussed her nutrition. She will be following my BASELINE MEAL PLAN that I am now offering. See the post below for information.

Since I got home so late last night, I took a few minutes this morning to get my thoughts organized, get my grocery list together for efficient shopping, thaw the food I would need for cooking later, and get my mind prepped for the workout. I had a flat tire yesterday & opted to drive my Honda instead of the Jeep. Today I needed to get that Jeep tire fixed. Thankfully, there was a Goodyear close to the gym & I have a friend there that suggested I bring it in & they gladly give me a ride to the gym while they looked at it. That worked out great, but I still hate to have any distractions before my workout. Sounds kind of strange, but its really important to be totally focused on the gym and what you are about to accomplish.

I was able to have an awesome workout that I really enjoyed!

1) Abs were efficient, straight to the point, & effective. I was mentally & physically present
    2) I was very focused on my goal to work the target muscle not "lift the weight". I made adjustments as needed & stayed very in tuned with the muscle I was working
    3) I was very efficient, remained focused & to myself, not allowing distractions
    4) good stretching. no distractions. found a quiet corner to myself
    5) I enjoyed the workout & was very into it on a morning that I was feeling a bit strung out because I had not had any "down time". The massage was downtime but also a fitness client so wasn't fully "down" & we discussed business after. Husband was noteable bothered that I was home so late

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) I am still learning the right weight to effectively stress the muscle & push it to its limits but not go so heavy that I lose focus on the muscle. I had to make some adjustments in weights as I went.

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image - 8
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional -
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF 8
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 5 just a brief thought about my "vision" and what I wanted to accomplish
    9.My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other" - N/A
    14.Review my workout after each workout Hmmmm.... just thinking about this, I guess you never have the PERFECT workout & there are a few things that could have been better, just like I noted.

Mathew 6:22 The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up My BASELINE MEAL PLAN - Make an Investement in You!

My BASELINE MEAL PLAN is now available! Below is information to get you started!

CONGRATULATIONS on making an investment in YOU with your interest in my BASELINE MEAL PROGRAM!

Having a PROPER NUTRITION PLAN is MORE THAN HALF THE BATTLE and it is one of the BIGGEST CHALLENGES people face. HAVING A PLAN is the FIRST STEP TO SUCCESS in any area of your life. The next steps are FOLLOW THROUGH and CONSISTENCY with that plan. The BASELINE MEAL PLAN provides you with this plan and the confidence to FOLLOW THROUGH!

WHAT MAKES THE BASELINE MEAL PLAN UNIQUE?
    • It teaches you about your body and allows you to determine your specific metabolic needs so you can take control of your health and fitness for the rest of your life!
    • It gives you the understanding of how to create a meal plan designed for you and your goals and allows you to create a lifetime of meal plans for the price of just one plan.
    • It is multi-functional and can be used to achieve both weight loss and weight gain/muscle building goals.
    • As your health and fitness goals change, the program teaches you to create meal plans corresponding to your ever-changing goals.

HOW DOES THE BASELINE MEAL PLAN WORK?
    • The BASELINE MEAL PLAN is based on the caloric needs of the average active male or female; therefore, two meal plans are provided with this program. One plan is for MEN and the other plan is for WOMEN.
    • The meal plans are designed to be EASY to FOLLOW, easy to PREPARE, CONVENIENT for those on the go, and provide a BASE POINT so that YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD WITH A PLAN.
    • Because every BODY is different, every BODY has different caloric needs. You follow the BASELINE MEAL PLAN provided for a period of two weeks which allows you time to learn about your body and assess your body’s specific response to a set caloric intake (the BASELINE MEAL PLAN).
    • After the initial two weeks on the BASELINE MEAL PLAN, you are given guidelines and instructions on how to adjust the BASELINE MEAL PLAN to meet your specific GOALS (lose body fat or gain weight/build muscle) and based on the results of your initial two-weeks on the BASELINE MEAL PLAN. As an alternate option, you can choose to have your BASELINE MEAL PLAN ADJUSTED FOR YOU at a cost of $50.00 USD by send email to: positiveenergy247@gmail.com

WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BASELINE MEAL PLAN?
    • Guidelines to make your program a success!
    • Tips on meal preparation, meal planning , and time saving
    • Tips on incorporating scheduled “cheat meals” into your plan to help you get the best RESULTS and establish a healthy LIFESTYLE
    • An understanding of the BASELINE MEAL PLAN and its benefits to give you CONFIDENCE in your plan so you can FOLLOW-THROUGH and get RESULTS!
    • Quality protein powder, meal replacement, and supplementation information
    • Guidelines for adjustment of your BASELINE MEAL PLAN to meet your specific needs
    • Two adjustable meal plans (one for men, one for women)
    • Macronutrient breakdowns of the meal plans provided to educate you on nutrition, help you understand your plan and your body and to assist you in adjustment of your plan to meet your specific metabolic needs and your goals
    • An education and understanding about your body and nutrition that will last the rest of your life!
    HOW MUCH DOES THE BASELINE MEAL PLAN COST?
    • The BASELINE MEAL PLAN is available to you at a cost of $29.95 USD
    • After the initial two weeks following the BASELINE MEAL PLAN, you may need to adjust your BASELINE MEAL PLAN to meet your specific goals depending on the results of your initial two week trial period on the plan and your body’s unique results. You are given guidelines and instructions on how to adjust the BASELINE MEAL PLAN to meet your specific GOALS (lose body fat or gain weight/build muscle). As an alternate option, you can choose to have your BASELINE MEAL PLAN ADJUSTED FOR YOU at a cost of $50.00 USD by sending an email to: positiveenergy247@gmail.com

HOW CAN I ORDER?
    Orders can be placed by sending email to: Positiveenergy247@gmail.com
    Payment can be made via credit card or PayPal at this location:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=JECQ7GV4FAL2N

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ME:
    visit my ******** page at:
    http://********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness

Join my mailing list:

And view my profile at Real Feats of Strength:
    http://messages.rfos.org/cgi-bin/yab...num=1350315804
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Sunday - Double Take

I shouldn't even admit to this because it sounds so stupid, but being able to laugh at yourself is a blessing & I laughed hard at myself today. Last night when I set the alarm, I had the idea of losing sleep in my head & "sprung the alarm" forward instead of "falling back". Got up this morning for the early church service, starts at 7:30, jumped in the shower, did my hair & make-up, went downstairs & began cooking breakfast when my husband asked me why the TV said it was 4AM! So.... I was up 2 hours early for the early church service!

Well, what was there to do, I was already completely ready with breakfast cooked & was hungry so decided it was all in God's plan for my day today & he had me up extra early to get things done so I'd just roll with it & try to enjoy it!

After breakfast, I cleaned up the dishes & did a few extra things, but started getting a massive headache. I had a lot on my mind from the night before & quite a few worries. The headache was worsening & I still had another hour before I had to leave the house so I decided to lay back down for an hour nap as I figured is was really the right thing to do or else I'd be a bit sleep deprived later in the day & not be as productive.

When the alarm went off, the second time, I jumped up & got my food and gym bag and other items packed in the car for my day as I was hitting the gym as usual after church. When I walked outside it was beautiful, 7AM but really 8AM before the time change so it was daylight! The morning was so beautiful, and my headache was gone, and it was like I got another opportunity to start my morning over again & this time I was full of life!

I thanked God so many times on the drive in for my second start to the day, for the freshness & joy in heart and had to wonder where it all came from when on my first start to the day I didn't feel all that. I thought to myself how it just like everything else, your mindset. Maybe with that tired mindset I felt not so excited, not so full of life, but with the rejuvinated mindset it was a whole new world full of life & blessings & inspiration! So my morning began & my day was off! Thank God for the fresh start in life he gives us every day & for the promise of eternal life through Him which is all we should ever need & we have it if we are willing to accept it.

1) I had the perfect balance of coffee & friends to get me in the right mindset for a great cardio session feeling positive & focused on squeezing those glutes!
    2) interacted with people who approached me during my stretching but did not let it disrupt me & kept my workout efficient

What isn't PERFECT yet?
    1) my dynamic stretching could have been better, trying to get my groove on while not being rude to someone who wanted to chat

Its the first Sunday of the month so time for monthly progress photos! I have to push myself to get the posing suit on but once I get started I see the benefit. It really helps to refresh me on posing.

Also, the photos really are needed because I need to know, with photos, exactly what I am looking like & how I am progressing. If I feel embarrassed to post the photos, then I need to know so I can do something to correct it!

Right now, I am fairly happy with the photos at 134#, up 10# from my competition weight. Of course you loose some definition, but people need to realize that losing definition after a contest is part of the reality of bodybuilders - you don't maintain that competition day look year around.

You need to get enough calories to grow, but at the same time you NOT to use this as an excuse to put on too much body fat. How much is too much body fat? Part of that is a personal decision.

Invest in my BASELINE MEAL PLAN to get on take charge of your nutrition and take charge of your life! See yesterday's post for details.

Join my mailing list:

John 16:33 In the world you may have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Monday - Leg Challenge

1) It challenged me mentally & physically. I need to be challenged to grow
    2) I knew what I wanted out of each set. The focus was on working the muscle, not using weight I was not mentally/physically prepared for and just trying to move it from point A to point B
    3) I was in control of my mind & my body
    4) My mindset with abs is the same as my mindset with everything other bodypart. I must push harder every exercise to the limit & be focused & use weight that is heavy as possible while maintaining control. A lot of people think of abs as an afterthought.

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) I was admittedly afraid to use the higher box jump & didn't because I knew I wasn't ready.... yet. With that said, the decision to use the shorter box was the right decision today to get the most of the exercise & work the muscle, not just use the higher box to say I did
    2) improve confidence & focus & learn to drive harder in the Smith Ski Squats
    3) keep taking the leg press to a higher level. You are so much stronger than you even know
    4) take all the mental & physical parking breaks off completely

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 7 had a bit of a struggle to get my mind there this morning, but did it before heading to the gym.
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. 7
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 8 (box jumps could have had better mindset). Good mornings - chose weight that I was not sure wasn't going to be too heavy, but it worked out fine. Shouldn't have had the doubt.
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 8 I can do better if I can learn to use the power of my mind even better
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 0 - ready daily disciplines & business vision
    are the ones I love to train more than any other" - 8
    11.Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? 8
    14.Review my workout after each workout - 9

It was a good workout, but only about an 8, not a 9. I except a 9 from myself. A 10 I don't know if I ever will give myself because there is always room form improvement.

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 8 good reminder on a Monday morning
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 7 fitness -new "like"
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 8
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 7
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 9

How about a GREAT RECIPE! Serving up a SLICE OF LIFE!

RECIPE FOR A GREAT DAY....

Immediately upon waking, ask yourself, "What WILL be GREAT about my day?"

You will automatically begin searching for the answer, SETTING YOUR MIND IN MOTION, constantly searching for positive thoughts.

Let it MARINADE throughout the morning & SERVE YOURSELF UP A SLICE OF LIFE!

For more recipes, join my mailing list:

1 John 2:17 The world is passing away and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Visit:

BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep taking it to the next level something awesome is about to explode!

Peace & Power
    ~Buff~
    where there is no vision, the people perish, proverbs 29:18 I can see what I want to become how about you?

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    havent posted in here for a while but been following! AMAZING work!!! keep it up!!!
    advertising not permitted

Thumbs up Tuesday - Calves, Chest, & Cardio - "Push Through It!"

1) hadn't had DB Flat Bench in my workout for a while. Today was supposed to be "Heavy DB Press". Hey! Let's video I thought! I was having fun! My heaviest set was 55#DB, but I only got 7 reps & then did a drop set to 50# to bang out a few more & hit the target muscle better. Decided to drop to 50# DB for the remainder of my sets, as shown in the video. The goal is to the EFFECTIVELY TARGET & WORK THE MUSCLE, not to hoist the biggest weights I can

What was GREAT about my workout? (continued)
    2) Enjoyed the workout. A variety of exercises & 2 new ones.
    3) good energy

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) because some of the exercises were new to me, the starting weight I chose was not always correct & had to readjust for second set. Tended to go a bit too heavy
    2) Focus on the muscle could have been a bit better. Camera set-up is a bit of a distraction, but not bad
    3) had to slow myself down sometimes b/w sets. Just wanted to hammer it!

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 9
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 7
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 7
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 8
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 7 a little rushed. could have improved if I didn't have camera in gym
    11.Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? 8
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 8
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence 7

Although it was a very good workout & very fun. The focus could have been better if I didn't have the camera in the gym. On the other hand, making things enjoyable is important, and excitements = energy = motivation whch is what is needed to get RESULTS!

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Post my daily thought on ********:
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 0
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 6
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 7
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 8

1 Thessalonians 4: 17-18 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Wed - Stretching, Cardio, & Coaching

Cardio & stretching, no lifting, as scheduled for today
    1) I felt really good. Usually I run for 2 miles & switch to the bike. Today I was enjoying running so much that I ran for 2.5 miles. Felt my knees getting a little achy & knew it was time to switch to the bike at the 2.5 mile mark.
    2) my pace on the treadmill was good. A good portion of it was at the 8.0 max pace the treadmill will allow
    3) got into my "groove" and got my "high" feeling listening to Lil Wayne, "Abortion"

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day 7 - coaching session today's keeps me focused on my vision & goals
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 8 made conscious effort
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 8
    10.Review my workout for the next day & get mentally prepared. 8

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image 8 had several friend requests & messages. Enjoyed responding over breakfast.
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional 8
    3.Keep focused on my goals by writing it
    I WILL earn my pro card at the 2013 Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    4.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 7
    5.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 8

Romans 5: 3-4 We....... glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-08-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Thursday - Back Attack!

After my workout, I thanked God for it, and thought this that I wanted to share:
    Every bit of ENERGY, every drop of SWEAT, every breath, everything we have COMES FROM GOD. Realize what a GIFT it is and give thanks for it!

1) I knew what I wanted to accomplish with every exercise - I was stimulating the muscle & had thought about how to most effectively do this.
    2) I saw the stretched skin in my back during the workouts - I see the RESULTS
    3) I am developing a better connection on Cable Seated Rows & more effectively executing. This also ties with a better mindset about the exercise
    4) I attacked the DB Squat Thrust with a "just do it" attitude, challenging myself to go heavier every set. I still kept focused on using my legs, not just my back to power it up
    5) I enjoyed the workout
    6) I believe I positively effected everyone in the gym today with my drive & determination
    7) The cardio sesssion (stepmill) felt very good since my legs were very "awake" from the DB Squat Thrusts & my hips were very loose. I stayed on it for the entire 30 min pushing my legs to do more. Usually I switch to the elliptical after 20 min
    8) abs were efficient & effective. I still can't believe how hard "abs" can make you breathe when you hitting them hard & heavy

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) get more reps in pullups with my bodyweight so I dont' have to drop to the assist
    2) continue to get stronger & more effective with the seated rows
    3) conntinue to improve form/focus of Hammer High pulls
    4) maintain that good mindset of the DB Squat Thrusts & drive it home again next time!

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image. 7 I have had to focus on this lately, & I am not sure why. I have everything I need.
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still 8
    getting reps according to my plan.
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 9 challenging myself w/ better form & execution & heavy as possible
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 9 back photo in the workout book
    are the ones I love to train more than any other" - 9 DB Squat Thrusts
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 2 short on time so only stretched back. Also I wanted to keep the energy/adrenaline from the DB Squat thrusts & maintain in through the cardio session. Stretching seems to put a damper on my intensity for cardio as I go into "relax mode" during stretching

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Post my daily thought on ********: 10 this has come so easily this week. The thoughts are just "there".
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day -5
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 9
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 9
    amazing what a little artificial sun in the tanning bed & painting of toes & fingernails will do!

STRENGTH lies inside us ALL.

It is UNTAPPED POTENTIAL inside many of us. We must LEARN to tap into it & UNLEASH our INNER & OUTER strength to fully reach our POTENTIAL.

Just like everything else, it is a DISCIPLINE that takes PRACTICE!

I really liked this scripture reading today. Some days you feel like you need to put on a breastplate of armor & its nice to know its there:
    1 Thessalonians 5:8 Let of who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Visit:

2) I saw the stretched skin in my back during the workouts - I see the RESULTS

Thanks for checkin in Henderjb ... I see the results too! Love your last pics.............. I really do see the value of coaching..... helps keep you on your toes! .... How is your Personal training coming? did you say you were going to get certified? ... ...MzJ

Thumbs up Friday - Calves & Shoulders & a Lot of Fun!

Had a great workout this morning. I have really been enjoying my new workout routines!

The DB Squat Thrusts yeserday tapped into my calves & made them sore today - interesting.

1)Very fun workout, lots of energy, very efficient & very effective. I have to be growing!
    2) Never done the push press before. It challenged me & I KNOW will produce RESULTS
    3) getting more powerful on the one-arm DB Press, confident, & constant tension/piston movement
    4) got a better mental grasp of upright rows & contracting my delts, not traps. I feel like I am making new discoveries every day.
    5) the bent DB rows were awesome. I felt very tapped into my rear delt & focused on what I was doing

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) the standing calve machine was stacked with weights on top. I was to use this machine today, but didn't want to waste time/energy unloading someone else's heavy weights. Used the Donkey Machine instead. This is breaking the "routine" and changing the "program" so it is harder to monitor progress since I couldn't make direct comparison to what I did last week
    2) continue to improve form, focus on the laterals
    3) don't drop the weight on your toe after bent rear laterals

3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 8 could have possibly slowed things down a bit
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 8 slight pyramiding today to mentally tap the muscle before going all out
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more 9
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 9
    are the ones I love to train more than any other"- n/a

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1.Post my daily thought on ********: 0 not on the priority list for today
    2.Read my “Business Vision” or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 2
    3.Make a new business contact or sale (MK or fitness) - 5 starting the MK Open House Flyer Handout
    4.Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish timely - 9 this was a bit tougher than usual today. Just lots of appointments, eating & driving & eating & doing everything seems the norm these days.
    5.Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 ALL day long - 9
    6.Focus on recovery/overall well-being throughout day. Ask myself : how can I make things MORE enjoyable? 8 you know what I find most enoyable - everywhere I go, I automatically smile at people, joke with them, and generally have fun. I realize that I feel the best when I am around the most people, maybe because I smile the most, smiling at everyone I meet & greet & just being genuinely happy & sharing it with others.
    8.Do something to help/inspire someone EVERY day. Ask myself how can I contribute to the lives of others? 8
    9.Complete on-line journal & add scripture reference - 10

Nobody ever said this "sport" was easy, & yes, I do consider it a "sport". The days are long & so much prep is involved, even during the off-season.It seems like any time you add anything to your schedule, its an extra long day. Today, I had a hair appointment after work. This means I leave the house at 5:30AM as usual, but don't get home until 8:30PM. This means carrying one more meal - dinner, so I leave the house with 3 lunch boxes. One is for post-workout meal. One with my other 4 whole food meals for the day. These lunch boxes aren't big enough for that one extra dinner meal, so I have a "dinner lunch box". At the hair dresser, I microwave my dinner to stay on schedule & eat chicken, lima beans, and salad with my fingers while driving home in the dark. Get home at 8:30, unpack bags, repack bags, get the Sat morning grocery list together so I can go shopping after the workout tomorrow, thaw 3 pounds of moose burger, 1 pounds of chicken, and 3 pounds of turkey in preparation for cooking tomorrow. Then there is my Bible reading, that I missed reading at lunch hour because I had a chiropractic appointment. Then there are dishes. But that is just all in a day of the life of ..

Deuteronomy 30:4 If any of you are driven out to the farthest parts under heaven, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there he will bring you.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Visit:

[b]Hey Henderjb,....
    1. Yes, I agree, people do want to be motivated and inspired! Just thought the study was for you actually.

2. While I do have scheduling issues I have to work around for meals, it is never too difficult. I have kept shakes under my table when really slammed and that has worked fine. ...It is simply a matter of the perspective I seem to have about food and how I have used it in the past. ... It has been like a drug for me and has been instrumental in creating a very effective means of hiding..... which is ridiculous since I spent the last 25 years on a stage!! ... the reasons are complex and most do not apply any longer. I am working on the residual behaviors with Skip which seem to be associated with my beliefs about it...... we'll see. Basically, it's a deeply ingrained habit of dealing with stress which includes overeating AND undereating........The great thing is is that I am so much better now than I was just 8 mos ago at the beginning of the challenge.

I am going to reach my goal Henderjb, ...135lbs ... sporting some real muscle too! .. ... hold me to it ... and I plan on one day posting my pic up "IN A SUIT". ..... It may take awhile but I am really learning to enjoy the battle more and more.... It may be more than you wanted to know but the personal growth I have experienced this year and continue to experience I believe is going to land me exactly where I plan. Not just "fit" but very emotionally equipped to handle it too if you get my meaning.

"I believe it has everything to do with "identity". ...I am slowly creating a new one.

Nuff said ... .... Honestly, do you hit the mark everyday with your food and what are your thoughts about it?.... MzJ

Never change things by fighting the existing reality ...... to change something build a new model that makes the existing one obsolete." ...Buckmunster Fuller
    Last edited by MzJules; 11-10-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Thumbs up Saturday - Abs, & Arms & Cookathon

Set the alarm for 5:30 this morning, but wasn't quite ready to roll straight out the door. Have had the house to myself on Saturday mornings since hunting season begun & its rare that I actually have time at home alone. Quite honestly, everybody needs a little time alone at their own house just to collect their thoughts and regroup. After all the running this week, that's just what I wanted to do, so I brewed a cup of coffee and drank it while putting away laundry, watering plants, sweeping dog food off the floor, and getting my bags packed for the day. Headed out of the house at 7:30. I like to leave at 7PM or earlier, but mental focus & being mentally "ready" are important.

Was a bit worried the gym might already be getting busy when I got there & I like it quiet, but when I arrived, it was still pretty calm. I felt kind of inverted to be honest, because I just wanted to take care of business (training). When I arrived I felt like the center of attention & I'm not trying to be vain, but people just notice me. I had my headphones off & greeted people & I started to not feel so introverted, but more of in control & focused & I started to work:

1) I developed my positive mindset and was mentally "ready" to go when I started my first set of abs
    2) The ab workout was effective & very focused. I feel I am reaching a higher level of thinking and execution with abs, which seems pretty crazy because abs have always been a highlight body part for me
    3) I am improving total tricep isolation during pushdowns while maintaining heavy weight
    4) I realized I need to lower the weight on DB Tri Ext in order to improve execution and get peak contraction & control
    5) I cranked out the dips, getting more reps than I had targeted! What was cool was that there were 2 guys doing dips when I needed the dip bar. I was trying to stay in my zone & the gym was getting crowded. I was purposely trying NOT to make eye contact with anyone & didn't want to break my "zone", but I needed the dip bar . The two guys using it work harder than most & are more focused than most. I knew wouldn't bother me, so I asked if they minded if I jump in b/w their sets. They were getting like 6-8 reps, then I jumped in and blasted out 20 reps with passion & intensity. All of the sudden I saw their intensity pick up & they started slamming them out like they should have been doing in the first place. Glad I was able to help & enjoyed "the show".
    6) The 21's tore my biceps up! it was nice that when I was cranking them out, eyes closed, digging deep, I heard the guy beside me training urge me on to "Get it! It was cool because I wasn't even paying any attention to him & I know he was just genuinely feeling my fire & wanted to express it
    7) I am realizing that I need to focus on squeezing my biceps more on bar curls of all sorts, not just moving the weight. It is amazing that after 12 years of training, I am just now realizing little things like this.
    8) I am getting a better understanding of how to execute hammer curls effectively
    9) I positively motivated others with my physique & training intensity. One person asked me if I was getting ready for a show, because I am "so lean". I explained to him that [b]it is a lifestyle & that I am actually eating 3000 calories right now. Its just clean food & training keeps you lean.[b/] Another "stranger" approached me to compliment me. I shared my ******** page with him & told him I love sharing my passion with those who appreciate it.

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) I had to consciously avoid distraction & conversation, in particular with two friends. This was a bit of a distraction in itself. People just don't understand that I am "on a mission". I notice how I approach training so differently than others. That is a good thing, but sometimes is rough not wanting to appear "rude"
    2) I felt like I "popped" about 3/4 through the workout & was struggling to keep focus. I felt like I was done, but still had 2 exercises to do. Looking back at the workout, I see why I felt this way. it was a long workout - 8 exercises, 32 sets, including 2 sets of 21's

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image 7 too slow getting going. need to be mentally stronger & not look at things as "stress" but as "opportunities"
    3.Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. 7 like I said, 3/4 through the workout, I began to struggle due to length of workout & intensity I was putting in
    4.Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. 7 could have done better at this today. Sometimes jumped in too quickly just trying to stay in my zone & avoid contact which is more likely if you rest too much b/w sets or take more mental prep time
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF 8 could have done better toward the end when I began to lose focus a bit
    7.Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.10
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 7
    9.My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other" n/a
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing.
    11.Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? 9 this really require some thought some times when trying to take it to a "higher level". been thinking things through more before I even get to the gym
    12.Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. 8 yes, but probably could have judged better in adjustments in some cases if I would have slowed down more to think.
    13.Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence - 6 lost "approach on last quarter of workout
    14.Review my workout after each workout 9 - good job today. i really thought it through. I knew I wouldn't be able to get to a computer for several hours, so wrote everything I just typed above out on paper while it was fresh in my mind so I could enter in my journal later. I always do my "workout" portion of the workout w/in an hour after training while it is still fresh in my mind. I see the importance in this.

Today's schedule so far:
    1) training
    2) to the tire shop - i knew something was wrong w/ the Jeep - it was shimmying. If I had a "normal" vehicle not all jacked up w/ big tires I wouldn't have so many issues, but this is all part of my identity.
    3) grocery shopping - $100 a week on food just for me seems the norm
    4) cooking - 2 hours in so far, taking a break to journal.....

I try to stay off the computer on Sat eve & leave that time for my husband. We go out to dinner on Sat night & I have my "cheat meal". Hmm..... what's on the menu for tonight!?!

This just might be the answer to your question, no matter what the question may be:

Colossians 1:10 Fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Visit:

Today was "stewardship" sunday, and the sermon today was on giving. Thoughts from the sermon sparked today's post.

The MINDSET of giving...
    Have you ever complained or wondered why you do things to help other people and thought maybe you should quit because you weren't getting anything back? Maybe its time to change your mindset about giving.

Isn't being thought of as a giving person good enough? And aren't you getting when you give because of the feelings you get from helping others? What we all want in life is happiness, and anything that gives us these feelings is working toward that goal.

Even with giving, there can be a POSITIVE or a NEGATIVE mindset and what you GET BACK is up to you!

Remember this, you never trod alone someone has always blazed the way:

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image - 8
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional - 9
    3.Constantly challenge myself to reach a higher level of mental/physical focus & well being - 9 before my cardio & stretching program today, I really thought about what I wanted to achieve. What I wanted to achieve was total physical and mental wellness, enjoying my cardio & stretching program, and focusing on overall physical & mental well-being. Feel I was very successful with this. I was approached during my cardio session by someone feeding off my motivation & inspiration & I gladly gave it. After my session, I shared my fitness ******** page & energy with two other people. I felt the energy inside me & I know I was effectively sharing it because it was just there & natural.
    4.Keep focused on my goals by writing it - 10
    I WILL earn my pro card at the 2012 Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, constantly pushing my limits. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE.
    5.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym - 9 didn't read it but had a very good mental image of myself & my body
    6.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 9

DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1. Post my daily thought on ******** 10
    2. Read my “Business Vision” every day or my “Vision” of my perfect day - 8 didn't read it but working towards it all day
    3. Make a new business contact – MK or fitness - 9 focused on this today. I see how often I have opportunities that I throw away
    7. Do something to show appreciation to & for my husband every day - 8

Exodus 22:30 Behold I send an angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Visit:

Actually MzJules, it wasn't too much info at all. I really was interested in the challenges that people face with getting meals in because this has never been a problem of mine. To answer your question, yes, I do always get my meals in. In all honesty, I can't remember the last time I missed a meal. I am kind of on the other end of the spectrum, where if I did miss a meal it would cause me tremendous stress & anxiety because I am so accustomed to my schedule & follow-through with this aspect. It is "my identity" to get all these meals in.

That's not to say I don't struggle some days, falling behind a bit on a meal due to a schedule conflict like getting stuck in a high profile meeting where I was the key player making it difficult to eat & feel comfortable doing so. This is something I have gotten better at as I have become more comfortable with my identity.

As for you, I am glad you are learning to understand yourself and the heart of your challenges. Now that you understand them, you can learn to combat them & transform yourself even further to that person you want to be & CAN BE! On that note - I know I'll be seeing you in that "suit" at 135#.
    Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    [b]Hey Henderjb,....
    1. Yes, I agree, people do want to be motivated and inspired! Just thought the study was for you actually.

2. While I do have scheduling issues I have to work around for meals, it is never too difficult. I have kept shakes under my table when really slammed and that has worked fine. ...It is simply a matter of the perspective I seem to have about food and how I have used it in the past. ... It has been like a drug for me and has been instrumental in creating a very effective means of hiding..... which is ridiculous since I spent the last 25 years on a stage!! ... the reasons are complex and most do not apply any longer. I am working on the residual behaviors with Skip which seem to be associated with my beliefs about it...... we'll see. Basically, it's a deeply ingrained habit of dealing with stress which includes overeating AND undereating........The great thing is is that I am so much better now than I was just 8 mos ago at the beginning of the challenge.

I am going to reach my goal Henderjb, ...135lbs ... sporting some real muscle too! .. ... hold me to it ... and I plan on one day posting my pic up "IN A SUIT". ..... It may take awhile but I am really learning to enjoy the battle more and more.... It may be more than you wanted to know but the personal growth I have experienced this year and continue to experience I believe is going to land me exactly where I plan. Not just "fit" but very emotionally equipped to handle it too if you get my meaning.

"I believe it has everything to do with "identity". ...I am slowly creating a new one.

Nuff said ... .... Honestly, do you hit the mark everyday with your food and what are your thoughts about it?.... MzJ

Never change things by fighting the existing reality ...... to change something build a new model that makes the existing one obsolete." ...Buckmunster Fuller
    Visit:

Thumbs up Monday - Legs & Business Development

Took a vacation day from work today to develop my fitness business. Set the alarm at 4PM as usual in keeping with the traditional schedule & disciplines. Packed my bag to shower at the gym as well to keep everything as routine as possible making sure I don't waste time. First thing on the list after returning home from the gym is my journal, while the workout is fresh in my head.

1) I challenged myself during squats. I was mentally focused & told myself I can do more than I was doing, I just have to learn how to tap in deeper, have more confidence, and improve my mindset on squats to enjoy them because I am powerful, in complete control, and levitate with the weight with perfect form & execution.
    2) I understand the intent of my workout & the various methods is uses & know when to use what where. for example, the prime focus of the step-ups and short lunges is to move quickly & keep tension in the target muscle. its not a slow, max weight thing. Its a target specific, pumping intent
    3) I have a great mindset about ham training, telling myself I love the ham contractions & I do. I worked my hams deeply & intensly
    4) my legs feel full taxed & my body exhausted at the end of the workout. smoked. the workouts in general have been really challenging me

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) I wanted to get more excited about doing squats & enjoy them because I am powerful. All 6 sets
    2) I need to be careful not to let the bar roll on my back. No heavier for now until I can master the 175#
    3) continue to improve step-ups, not pushing off with back leg. Be mentally stronger & get that rep that counts
    4) don't let your knee it on the short lungs. constant tension/motion
    5) more reps on quad extensions & higher extension at the top - better peak contraction
    6) be more excited about the workout
    7) focus & mindset could have been better on abs today
    8) reduce rest b/w sets of squats

1.Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image - 7 wanted to be more excited this morning. energy in the house wasn't the best. a bit of worry on my mind about the mood of my environment.
    2.Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional - 7
    6.Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF 8
    8.Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym 9
    9.My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other" 8
    10.Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. 8

Made tremendous gains today with my business, accomplishing everything I set out to do!

2 Corinthians 4:16 Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
    Last edited by henderjb; 11-12-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Visit:

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast