Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Correct my form in PUSH movements! (Video)

Please correct my form in my pushing movements, would be very happy to receive some help!
    Here is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDun2LHhxgA
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AleksFitness?feature=mhee

Posting workout videos and food recipes!

JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your doing one of the most common errors - pressing with your elbows flared out to the sides. Bring them in a full 45 degrees, especially when doing dumb bell presses. You will destroy your shoulder with that form.

On the other hand, the standing shoulder presses was pretty good, almost tucked in enough, just a little bit more.

This will take the stress off of your shoulder ligaments, and put the strain on your chest muscles instead. Train chest when you train chest. Otherwise you'll end up with no chest and overdeveloped deltoids. Don't be that guy!

You want to press with your elbows almost out in front of you.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    You are limiting your ROM with the DB presses. You should be going down a bit farther than that. On the lateral raises and flyes you can be extending your ROM as well. Keep your back straight while doing push ups.
    Experience, not just theory

Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aleks93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JBenuzzi View Post
    Your doing one of the most common errors - pressing with your elbows flared out to the sides. Bring them in a full 45 degrees, especially when doing dumb bell presses. You will destroy your shoulder with that form.

On the other hand, the standing shoulder presses was pretty good, almost tucked in enough, just a little bit more.

This will take the stress off of your shoulder ligaments, and put the strain on your chest muscles instead. Train chest when you train chest. Otherwise you'll end up with no chest and overdeveloped deltoids. Don't be that guy!

You want to press with your elbows almost out in front of you.
    Thanks for the reply! Very helpful :-)
    What about the seated DB presses? Any mistakes on them?

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Aleks93 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Very helpful :-)
    What about the seated DB presses? Any mistakes on them?
    Your elbows are straight out on them...you might have to drop weight to get your elbows in front of you.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Your elbows are straight out on them...you might have to drop weight to get your elbows in front of you.
    I mean the seated DB shoulder press. Shoulders should be straight out on them shouldn't they? And when you say ROM on lateral raises, should I go higher or lower?

Originally Posted by Aleks93 View Post
    I mean the seated DB shoulder press. Shoulders should be straight out on them shouldn't they? And when you say ROM on lateral raises, should I go higher or lower?
    I thought they should be forward, but I could certainly be wrong. I'm sure someone else will clear this up for you. You could go higher on the lateral raises and flyes I think.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I thought they should be forward, but I could certainly be wrong. I'm sure someone else will clear this up for you. You could go higher on the lateral raises and flyes I think.
    Allright, thank you :-)

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incline DB Press : Go down further.
    OverHead Press : ur elbows seem to go back as u go down, ur elbow should be front the bar alittle, never let elbows slide back.
    DB Press : seems solid.
    Flies : seems fine too
    lateral raises seems way off, weight is way too heavy obviously u dont need perfect form but u need a good one u were sort of side reverse db curling the weight up.. try to control ur arm more. db's were exceeding the needed range of motion but thats only due to curling the weight up but truth is ur shoulder's were doing half ROM lateral raises.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

Originally Posted by SexyBack1 View Post
    Incline DB Press : Go down further.
    OverHead Press : ur elbows seem to go back as u go down, ur elbow should be front the bar alittle, never let elbows slide back.
    DB Press : seems solid.
    Flies : seems fine too
    lateral raises seems way off, weight is way too heavy obviously u dont need perfect form but u need a good one u were sort of side reverse db curling the weight up.. try to control ur arm more. db's were exceeding the needed range of motion but thats only due to curling the weight up but truth is ur shoulder's were doing half ROM lateral raises.
    Thanks for the advice man! :-)

JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100) JBenuzzi is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's the same with every pressing exercise, whether it be barbell or dumbbell, standing or sitting, you have to press with your elbows 45 degrees in front of you to avoid injury and train chest.

Take a while to learn the new form, and you will avoid any future shoulder pain or ligament damage. Not only that, you'll be surprised to see the gains in your chest when you correct yourself.

Personally, I used to press similarly to you until I started to destroy my shoulder and I finally got some help from Elliott Hulse, pro strongman and youtube fitness guru. LOL. When I corrected this, the pain went away! Same with when I started doing bent over rows and deadlifts to balance my shoulder out.

Originally Posted by JBenuzzi View Post
    It's the same with every pressing exercise, whether it be barbell or dumbbell, standing or sitting, you have to press with your elbows 45 degrees in front of you to avoid injury and train chest.

Take a while to learn the new form, and you will avoid any future shoulder pain or ligament damage. Not only that, you'll be surprised to see the gains in your chest when you correct yourself.

Personally, I used to press similarly to you until I started to destroy my shoulder and I finally got some help from Elliott Hulse, pro strongman and youtube fitness guru. LOL. When I corrected this, the pain went away! Same with when I started doing bent over rows and deadlifts to balance my shoulder out.
    Ok thank you :-)
    Byw someone commented that I shouldnt go so low on the shoulder press. Is this true? And does it apply to dumbbell shoulder press too?

Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10) Virucyde is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get the feeling you were being trolled on that shoulder press one, because it looked to me like you were going lower than you'd need to(at least in the beginning of the barbell shoulder press). Just remember that when you're working out the shoulders the movements that should be focused on is raising the elbows. So get your elbows as low as they can go, then raise them as high as they can go.

abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Incline DB Press : If you're going heavy, elbows should be tucked in more to avoid RC problems.

OverHead Press : Looks more or less fine.

Seated DB Press : You COULD tuck elbows more but don't have to. You're going light enough that it won't matter too much, and you're supposed to be working RC with these anyway. If it starts causing you pain tuck a bit more, but if not, keeping elbows a little flared will keep more tension on the delts and less on the triceps.

Flies : Not sure what goal is. Right now the pulleys are really low such that it appears to be working very low chest, biceps, and anterior delts. Raise pulleys a bit more to get more of a chest workout.

lateral raises: You're doing them very incorrectly, too much for me to "correct" them. Based on the size of the DBs I'm guessing it's a form only issue. Research proper form and post another vid.
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm