veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Skinny-fat Vegans

Hi folks,
    all the time i read: a vegan diet make you "skinny-fat".
    This is absolutely wrong!
    There is no thing like skinny-fat, the skinny-fat story is nonsense!!

Bodyfat is a question of calorie-intake!
    Muscle Mass (Muscle hypertrophy) is a question of High Intensity Training (smart & hard training with heavy iron)!
    You need a positive n-balance (enough protein) and this is pretty easy as a vegan.

Some examples for "skinny-fat" vegans:

http://veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_avi
    yeah, really skinny guy.

http://veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_alex
    skinny fat?

http://veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_reiners
    fat? This guy is ultra ripped

http://veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_kirkilis
    skinny?

You better think twice about skinny-fat vegans, fellas!
    Last edited by veganmuscle_; 03-28-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will never understand vegans.

Might as well be a rabbit, I mean what is the point? Waste of human life to be vegan essentially. We evolved by eating meat, not leaves.
    Last edited by Vagitarian; 03-28-2009 at 03:08 AM.

seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) Your grammar is terrible. Learn to write coherent English.

2) I agree, being vegan doesn't necessarily make someone skinny-fat, but it is a possibility. Skinny-fat is not nonsense, as there are clearly a great number of people who have a skinny body-type, yet have protruding stomachs.

3) Giving 4 examples of vegans who are ripped doesn't mean all vegans are ripped. That logic is completely, well, illogical. I could name 4 Americans who aren't obese, so can I say that America doesn't have an obesity problem??

HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vagitarian View Post
    I will never understand vegans.

Might as well be a rabbit, I mean what is the point? Waste of human life to be vegan essentially. We evolved by eating meat, not leaves.
    Although I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. Logically speaking, for the sake of efficiency, veganism is actually the best way to go. Regardless of what we may or may not have evolved to eat (which is kind of a ridiculous argument in itself because technically we've evolved to be one of the most unspecialized *read: eclectic* species on the planet with regards to everything, including diet) the fact is, humans CAN live a perfectly healthy life on a vegan diet.

A counterargument might be "just because you can do it and be healthy doesn't mean you should." Well... putting aside the main reason why many people go vegan (animal rights), plenty of others do it solely for the sake of "environmental efficiency." What I mean by this is for every X number of acres of land, there is a certain number of calories that can be produced through crops. This number is around 10 times that of the amount of calories that can be produced through animal husbandry on the same parcel of land. Why? Remember the trophic effect and the ecological pyramid of productivity from biology?

Brush up site:
    http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ult...oodChains.html

The point I'm trying to make is that, regardless of whether or not one gives a damn about animals - if you are capable of going vegan (i.e. you have access to all the nutrients necessary, likely by way of living in a first world country with a diversified access to nutrition) doing so would be the most efficient and earth-friendly approach to consumption because fewer units of land/energy are being expended to sustain you.

So, Respect to the OP fa sho.

veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) veganmuscle_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by seattlems333 View Post

3) Giving 4 examples of vegans who are ripped doesn't mean all vegans are ripped. That logic is completely, well, illogical. I could name 4 Americans who aren't obese, so can I say that America doesn't have an obesity problem??

The statement was: all vegans are skinny-fat!
    And the 4 examples of vegans are an example to prove the opposite.

1) Your grammar is terrible. Learn to write coherent English.
    yep, you can improve my english.
    What is wrong?
    Last edited by veganmuscle_; 03-28-2009 at 06:23 AM.

2) I agree, being vegan doesn't necessarily make someone skinny-fat, but it is a possibility. Skinny-fat is not nonsense, as there are clearly a great number of people who have a skinny body-type, yet have protruding stomachs.
    Skinny body-type? I don't buy It.
    The place you stored bodyfat is where you are genetically predisposed to deposit it.
    BUT everybody can get a ripped body (even vegans!!!), it is the calories burned vs. calories consumed that determines fat gain or fat loss.

nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500) nathanbailey is not very helpful. (-500)
    lol mate you got a bit of a chip on your shoulder hey?? seriously some people thing vegans are skinny fat... who gives a crap???

yes theres some ripped and big vegans... theres some ripped and big omnivores aswell... nobody REALLY CARES in the end!!

the only problem i can see with the vegan diet is the people who just go "well im all for animal rights so i wont eat any animal or anything that comes from an animal" and start eating vegan... and really dont have a clue what they are actually eating!!

you would have to know what u were doing to pull off the vegan bbing lifestyle whereas theres a lot of people who simply know meat = protein... rice, pasta bread = carbs... nuts, avocados, olive oil = fats... and can just sorta luck their way through it!!

i got nothing against vegans and in the end if u are i really dont care.

Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HumanMobility View Post
    Although I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. Logically speaking, for the sake of efficiency, veganism is actually the best way to go. Regardless of what we may or may not have evolved to eat (which is kind of a ridiculous argument in itself because technically we've evolved to be one of the most unspecialized *read: eclectic* species on the planet with regards to everything, including diet) the fact is, humans CAN live a perfectly healthy life on a vegan diet.

A counterargument might be "just because you can do it and be healthy doesn't mean you should." Well... putting aside the main reason why many people go vegan (animal rights), plenty of others do it solely for the sake of "environmental efficiency." What I mean by this is for every X number of acres of land, there is a certain number of calories that can be produced through crops. This number is around 10 times that of the amount of calories that can be produced through animal husbandry on the same parcel of land. Why? Remember the trophic effect and the ecological pyramid of productivity from biology?

Brush up site:
    http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ult...oodChains.html

The point I'm trying to make is that, regardless of whether or not one gives a damn about animals - if you are capable of going vegan (i.e. you have access to all the nutrients necessary, likely by way of living in a first world country with a diversified access to nutrition) doing so would be the most efficient and earth-friendly approach to consumption because fewer units of land/energy are being expended to sustain you.

So, Respect to the OP fa sho.
    Not true, just read some study recently disproving that. Wish I could find the link to back me up:S.
    Last edited by Vagitarian; 03-28-2009 at 11:17 AM.

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I felt dumber after reading this

gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not true, just read some study recently disproving that. Wish I could find the link to back me up:S.
    more nutrients

less marijuana

That stuff is bad you for kid

Originally Posted by gsolo View Post
    more nutrients

less marijuana

That stuff is bad you for kid

Your attempt at humor was a dismal failure.

HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HumanMobility has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you recently read a study that disproves the trophic effect? i guess cows are more efficient at getting energy from the sun than are blades of grass. photosynthetic cows. hells yeah.

are you sure it was a study that you read? are you sure it wasn't... nothing?

GavinFL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm moving back to a Vegan/ Vegetarian diet for the sake of health benefits and the demands the conventional diet puts on the planet as well as our bodies.

For an excellent book on these two topics check out: http://www.amazon.com/Food-Revolutio...8428021&sr=8-1

It has the science to back up its grotesque statements and I would recommend ANY meat-eater to check it out.

I understand the point of this post because after perusing the Vegan/ Vegetarian posts it is quit obvious that there is an US vs. them mentality full of egocentric ignorant ****s that love to flame those with different ideals than theirs. It's quite childish.

Anyhow, I feel you on this

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nothing, and I mean NOTHING can replace the taste of a nice juicy steak.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by HumanMobility View Post
    you recently read a study that disproves the trophic effect? i guess cows are more efficient at getting energy from the sun than are blades of grass. photosynthetic cows. hells yeah.

are you sure it was a study that you read? are you sure it wasn't... nothing?
    repps for the family guy referenceedit: im out of reps, but i will rep u. lol