misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) misterpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Diet for Tennis Players

I've been bodybuilding for about 3 years now and I've recently become addicted to playing tennis. The only problem is, I feel like 200 grams of protein and 280 grams carbs is too much food to play tennis and stay in shape. Has anyone used or seen a good nutrition plan for tennis players? I'd love to see one.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by misterpickle View Post
    I've been bodybuilding for about 3 years now and I've recently become addicted to playing tennis. The only problem is, I feel like 200 grams of protein and 280 grams carbs is too much food to play tennis and stay in shape. Has anyone used or seen a good nutrition plan for tennis players? I'd love to see one.
    From experience I can say playing tennis burns way more calories than weight lifting
    Cyclists have the highest calorie demands of any type of athletes.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to play tennis competitively for 6 years. I had a lot of carbs because speed was my best ability. My serves were powerful, but long term declines occured in each progressive shot. However, with my speed, the ball never got by me.

Tennis is about power and speed, but speed = cardio. You will need to be eating more to compensate based on how long you're playing. When I used to play, I was doing 2-4 hours a day everyday. So you'll need to find a bit of trial and error for yourself. But do note: tennis and bodybuilding do not meld well together. I didn't have as much muscle as I do now, but I was cut down to 5-7% easy and ate almost whatever I wanted.

I miss those days...
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...