jooboi12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking and Cellulite

Hey guys, first and foremost i would like to introduce my self to the forum im called Jon and i want to say thanks for all the awesome advice that iv found on the open forums prior to becoming a member (i had a lil mess up when registering otherwise would have been here earlier)

I have seen a couple of threads regarding my matter but not found the answer im looking for, let me tell you a bit about my self.

Im 23 years old, my weight is 145lb and im 5ft 9 ish (maybe 8.5).. Throughout my late teens up to my 21st ish i had a six pack, low body fat, i was quite strong too but had a small frame, wasnt massively active in the gym just did it now and then thinking it was cool, i had no nutrient knowledge and ate/ drank loadsa **** as ya do. Regardless i still had a six pack which i guess i took for granted. Now im not much heavier.. maybe ten pounds heavier, and have a belly. My problem is this, i have quite a bit of cellulite on my belly and it really affects my confidence. The cellulite only seems to apear when i put on fat round my gut.

Anyways, after much research, iv figured a plan and want to know if u guys think im spinning me wheels or whether i should approach it. My maintenence from MFP is 2300 or so, Im eating around 2800 cal a day, muesli, whey, eggs, pasta, chicken, fruit, veg when poss, and drinking atleast 1.5 L of water a day. I'm lifting three times a week. Chest and tries Tuesday. Back and bis Thursday. Legs and shoulders Saturday. Can you tell me

1. Will i really see results with this?
    2. How can i actually shift the cellulite? Will it go when i cut to low bf% again or have i ruined my chances?

Thanks so much guys, i apologise if in the rong section here look forward to talking about this

J

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your estimated maintenance is at 2,300kcal. You would want to take in LESS than that to burn fat, not more.
    I would also recommend something like starting strength for beginner program, no reason to do 3 day split like that when you are first starting out.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    If your estimated maintenance is at 2,300kcal. You would want to take in LESS than that to burn fat, not more.
    I would also recommend something like starting strength for beginner program, no reason to do 3 day split like that when you are first starting out.
    Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it. Well i read a few things regarding bulking and cellulite, many people talkin about building muscle first (cos am kinda like a skinny fat) so if i lose weight il look quite scrawny, but to build muscle takes a surplus, so can i still build muscle on a defecit? Or will losing the fat be the best approach to begin with? I mean i wouldnt even say im fat i just have cellulite and obvs a bit more belly fat than i used to cos cant see abs, its a pain int arse reli cos the last thing i want is to luk scrawny, if my celulite wasnt there itd be fine, Thnks for ur help, any more comments welcomed.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you just mean fat or is it actually cellulite? If you don't know the difference, cellulite is the stuff that makes it look like you are stuffed with cottage cheese.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Do you just mean fat or is it actually cellulite? If you don't know the difference, cellulite is the stuff that makes it look like you are stuffed with cottage cheese.
    Its cellulite, its all dimply!! Its unaightly and looks out of place on my body, im buying some cheap fat calipers to try and find out my bf%, maybe if i bulk for a few month then cut to a lower bf it may go?
    Last edited by jooboi12; 12-18-2012 at 12:02 AM.

sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello,
    Try out this easy and effective ways to remove cellulite.

• Lose weight by burning more calories than you consume each day.
    • Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.
    • To help you reduce the cellulite, build muscle with the employment of resistance coaching. you’ll do lunges, squats, leg curls and presses. Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.
    • Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.

Is there anybody that has actually removed cellulite with these techniques? How long before one can expect to see results on a correct diet with water and exercise? Will the cellulite that iv developed since having a six pack make it more difficult for me to achieve a non cellulite six pack again?

J

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jooboi12 View Post
    Is there anybody that has actually removed cellulite with these techniques? How long before one can expect to see results on a correct diet with water and exercise? Will the cellulite that iv developed since having a six pack make it more difficult for me to achieve a non cellulite six pack again?

J
    Cellulite is pretty much just fat, I used to have tons when i was overweight after cut its all gone. Creams , massage and all that crap is just that, crap. Drop the fat and the cellulite will go away.

Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't bulk!

Just focus on eating well - oats, almonds, blueberries, green veggies/all veggies really, eggs, apples, chicken breast etc. It's not hard to eat well. It may be more expensive but you will never regret prioritising eating healthily. Do cardio consistently, some long sessions & some HIIT. Do weights 2 - 4 days per week.

Getting rid of cellulite requires a balanced approach. You can do yoga and massage if you really want to but I think if you put 100% effort into eating well and exercising, these won't be necessary. Again, I don't think bulking is the best way to go about reducing your cellulite. If it is your main concern, focus on losing fat since cellulite is dependent on a higher body fat percentage.

Edit: and apart from the process of losing fat, I don't think your current cellulite will inhibit your chances of getting back your six pack :-) Make sure you also have a long term focus as well - adopting healthy eating and exercise habits for longevity and strength as opposed to just for the very specific goal of losing the fat on your stomach. If you focus too much on the short term (ie getting back your six pack as fast as possible), you may increase the likelihood of relapse and it will become harder to remove belly fat again as you get older due to a slower metabolism. It won't be impossible, just harder.

Good luck

Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100) Desierto is not very well liked. (-100)
    men can also get cellulite you know

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 5'9" 145 lbs, I would say fat and cellulite can wait. Adding muscle will do more to improve your situation.

Training each bodypart once per week when you have so little lean mass will be far less efficient than a full body 3 day per week program. I think you'll do far better on a 5x5 program.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    At 5'9" 145 lbs, I would say fat and cellulite can wait. Adding muscle will do more to improve your situation.

Training each bodypart once per week when you have so little lean mass will be far less efficient than a full body 3 day per week program. I think you'll do far better on a 5x5 program.
    Yes well heres my problem. I am only quite small, cellulite is my concern but the last thing i wanna do is lose more weight and look scrawny. Maybe a 5x5 on a surplus for building muscle then cut up the fat later? But im goin florida in three months n feel insecure with celulite on my belly so wondered where i should be starting. I guess i just wanted to know if cutting the fat will bring back my six pack so that later on in life im not workin on a better physique just to be cellulitey still!

J

Originally Posted by Jemima92 View Post
    Don't bulk!

Just focus on eating well - oats, almonds, blueberries, green veggies/all veggies really, eggs, apples, chicken breast etc. It's not hard to eat well. It may be more expensive but you will never regret prioritising eating healthily. Do cardio consistently, some long sessions & some HIIT. Do weights 2 - 4 days per week.

Getting rid of cellulite requires a balanced approach. You can do yoga and massage if you really want to but I think if you put 100% effort into eating well and exercising, these won't be necessary. Again, I don't think bulking is the best way to go about reducing your cellulite. If it is your main concern, focus on losing fat since cellulite is dependent on a higher body fat percentage.

Edit: and apart from the process of losing fat, I don't think your current cellulite will inhibit your chances of getting back your six pack :-) Make sure you also have a long term focus as well - adopting healthy eating and exercise habits for longevity and strength as opposed to just for the very specific goal of losing the fat on your stomach. If you focus too much on the short term (ie getting back your six pack as fast as possible), you may increase the likelihood of relapse and it will become harder to remove belly fat again as you get older due to a slower metabolism. It won't be impossible, just harder.

Good luck

Thanks for this great reply and thanks to everyone else for the info! Hopefully this thread will answer questions for a lot of other people too!

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Cellulite is pretty much just fat, I used to have tons when i was overweight after cut its all gone. Creams , massage and all that crap is just that, crap. Drop the fat and the cellulite will go away.
    Hey dude thanks, its small posts like this that people in my situation look at, and get inspiration and motivation to keep goin!

Did u have belly cellulite? What routine would you recomend?
    J