Cosmology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm Trying to Lose 30lb in 2 months, is that possible?

I am overweight and have man boobs, just recently I got into a relationship and I really want to better myself for her, I can't even imagine taking my shirt off revealing a pair of man breasts...anyways, I have cut out all sugary drinks from my diet and have started to stop eating 4 hours before I go to bed instead of eating all night long...

I'm gona try to have 2 meals a day and vegetable + fruits occasionally throughout the day.

I have started running but I can only run for 15 minutes with 2 minutes of running and 2 minutes of walking...it is pretty pathetic but is this okay to start with and then gradually become better at running every day until I can run for 15 minutes straight and eventually for like an hour straight?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd suggest you do some serious reading in the nutrition forum:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Read all the stickied threads at the top of that forum section, and at the top of the Workout Programs section as well.
    "I'm just a lat guy, you know? I've got these amazing lats, and I'm just living in an ab guy's world." -Workaholics

meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meangela010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    15 pounds per month is an ambitious goal, but I wouldn’t say its impossible. Sounds like your off to a good start with getting rid of the sugary drinks and adding more fruits and veggies in to your diet.
    I highly recommend that you read the articles available on BB.com, they have a lot of good info and will guide you better then forum posts. They have a ton of information for beginners like yourself.
    Here are a few tips:
    - You should eat closer to 6 smaller meals per day.
    - Don’t eat anything processed if you can avoid it, stick to real meat like chicken breast and fish, and real fruits and veggies. Oatmeal is good, but stays away from anything that comes in a box.
    - Try to get in 30 min of cardio every day, your run walking is a good start but if you burn out after 15 minutes, then just walk the rest.
    - While cardio will help you lose fat (as long as you eat less they you burn, again read up!) you should definitely start adding in some resistance training.
    One thing to watch out for is your perspective, you say “I want to lose 30 pounds in 2 months” but what about after the two months is over? You should look at it as a life style change and not just a quick fix, otherwise you will get frustrated with setbacks and fail.
    I could go on and on…. But I will just say this one more time. The internet is your friend and there is a ton of information out there for people who really want to make a change in their life. Read up!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That would be a very bad idea. You would lose a lot lean muscle so you would not end up looking like you hoped - and would be priming your body for rebound fat gain.

1-2lbs a week
    get adequate protein
    do weight training to prevent muscle loss
    patience.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That would be a very bad idea. You would lose a lot lean muscle so you would not end up looking like you hoped - and would be priming your body for rebound fat gain.

1-2lbs a week
    get adequate protein
    do weight training to prevent muscle loss
    patience.
    1-2 lbs a week? That would take forever, I don't have much muscle right now anyways, I just don't want to be a flabby mess when I have time with my Girlfriend, my main goals are losing my belly and man boobs and love handles...then after that start to exercise to gain muscle and keep my eating habits in check.

Another thing I'd like to note is that I was a very scronny person until about 4 years ago when I started gaining weight, I was always super skinny but I suddenly put on a massive amount of weight when i was 15, I'm almost 19 now.

But yea, I just want to not have all this fat on me then worry about muscle later.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cosmology View Post
    1-2 lbs a week? That would take forever, I don't have much muscle right now anyways, I just don't want to be a flabby mess when I have time with my Girlfriend, my main goals are losing my belly and man boobs and love handles...then after that start to exercise to gain muscle and keep my eating habits in check.

Another thing I'd like to note is that I was a very scronny person until about 4 years ago when I started gaining weight, I was always super skinny but I suddenly put on a massive amount of weight when i was 15, I'm almost 19 now.

But yea, I just want to not have all this fat on me then worry about muscle later.
    Actually, 2 pounds per week is a little aggressive. Most people who don't want to lose the muscle mass they have will aim for about a pound a week.
    Patience. This stuff takes time. And there are tons of post on here of people who lost weight too fast and hate how they look.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Actually, 2 pounds per week is a little aggressive. Most people who don't want to lose the muscle mass they have will aim for about a pound a week.
    Patience. This stuff takes time. And there are tons of post on here of people who lost weight too fast and hate how they look.
    I guess something like 20 weeks isn't so bad...for now can I just run as much as I can daily and just read up on proper nutrition?

The hardest thing for me is that I don't decide what I eat, my dad makes our dinner and often times it can be something that clearly won't lose me weight, and he gets very offended when I don't eat most of my dinner...so I can't do something like 6 small meals a day, I honestly just have 1 meal a day then vegetable and fruit after that for the past week or so, I still get lots of protein because almost every dinner we have has meat, like a chicken breast or something.

I am in a tough situation until I get a job and move out in about 2 months time.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess something like 20 weeks isn't so bad...for now can I just run as much as I can daily and just read up on proper nutrition?

The hardest thing for me is that I don't decide what I eat, my dad makes our dinner and often times it can be something that clearly won't lose me weight, and he gets very offended when I don't eat most of my dinner...so I can't do something like 6 small meals a day, I honestly just have 1 meal a day then vegetable and fruit after that for the past week or so, I still get lots of protein because almost every dinner we have has meat, like a chicken breast or something.

I am in a tough situation until I get a job and move out in about 2 months time.
    Losing weight is about eating around 10% less than your daily maintenance (TDEE or TEE). You can still finish the plate your dad puts in front of you as long as before and after you monitor your calories and macro nutrients.
    Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Losing weight is about eating around 10% less than your daily maintenance (TDEE or TEE). You can still finish the plate your dad puts in front of you as long as before and after you monitor your calories and macro nutrients.
    Read this:
    What you linked me is so overwhelming, IDK if I can follow that or use it to understand the amount of food I'm eating and what kinds and how much I should take in >.< isn't there a general rule I can use or something?

What you linked me is so overwhelming, IDK if I can follow that or use it to understand the amount of food I'm eating and what kinds and how much I should take in >.< isn't there a general rule I can use or something?
    Anyone?