Closed Thread
    iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Known Steroid Deaths and Serious Illnesses among Pros

I used to follow Pro bodybuilding via the mags in the late 80's and early 90's, but only recently started following it again. When I did I was struck by the news of early deaths and ilnesses among Pro bodybuilders that I had enjoyed reading about back then. Most notably Andreas Muntzer, who was very famous for always being shredded.

Obviously the issue is BB drug related. How widespread is this? It seems very common. Please share any info you have on the matter. It should be beneficial for us all.

Above average aas abuser. sikboy's Avatar
    sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sikboy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iDarren View Post
    I used to follow Pro bodybuilding via the mags in the late 80's and early 90's, but only recently started following it again. When I did I was struck by the news of early deaths and ilnesses among Pro bodybuilders that I had enjoyed reading about back then. Most notably Andreas Muntzer, who was very famous for always being shredded.

Obviously the issue is BB drug related. How widespread is this? It seems very common. Please share any info you have on the matter. It should be beneficial for us all.
    Munzers death was down to diuretics i believe, not steroids.

http://www.answers.com/topic/andreas-munzer

Death
    The stomach pains had begun some months before Munzer went to Columbus, Ohio, for the 1996 Arnold Classic. At first it was just more pain, and Munzer paid it little heed. But it kept coming back. He began to mention it to friends at the gym. He tried some health cures that would strengthen his stomach lining.

After his sixth place at the Arnold Classic on 2 March 1996, Munzer's mood remained low. 'Man, why don't you laugh?' a German official had said.

On the morning of 13 March, Munzer's stomach pains became intense. His gut was swollen and hard. He was taken to hospital. Doctors there diagnosed the bleeding, but could not prevent it continuing. He was transferred to the University Clinic. At 7pm, surgeons decided to operate to stop the bleeding inside Munzer's stomach. Munzer came through the operation, but his problems had multiplied catastrophically. His blood was viscous and slow-moving. His potassium levels were excessively high. He had been dehydrated by the diuretics he used in the days before his last competitions. His liver was melting. A post-mortem would find that it had dissolved almost completely. Munzer's body went into shock. After his liver failed, his kidneys did too. He was offered a blood transfusion, but it was too late. Munzer's heart held out for a while, but by morning Munzer passed away. He was 30 years old.

Arnold sent a wreath from Hollywood to Munzer's grave in Styria. The message was simple. It read: 'A last greeting to a friend.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diuretic

Of course i did not closly follow or research the mans Death, i hardly knew him as a bb.

BTW it is against the rules to talk about drugs here, you should post this in the steroid section.
    Last edited by sikboy; 10-11-2007 at 09:27 AM.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

If i cant be the best i can be, i dont want to be.

Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become.

IM THE NEGGERNAUT BITCH!!

DONT PM ME ABOUT WHERE TO GET GEAR OR ANCILLARIES, I DONT KNOW YOU AND I WILL FORWARD YOUR PM TO A MOD!

I am immortal
    I have inside me blood of kings
    I have no rival
    No man can be my equal
    Take me to the future of new earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    directly linked to steroids?

zero

wrong forum though
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StiG_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LSU1 View Post
    directly linked to steroids?

zero

wrong forum though
    Same goes for the whole damn world let alone the IFBB
    ☆★★☆★Spring Cutters Crew☆★★☆★

1k+ w/link

TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Please educate yourself and defend yourself against ignorance. Somebody comes on here posts something like this at least once a week when all they had to do was research and learn the facts instead of just looking at a bodybuilder who died and automatically saying it was due to steroids.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Road back from herniated disc(feb. 10')
    Squat: 465
    Deadlift: 535

********.com/VizionFitness

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Sikboy was of course right about Mike. There have been some questionable close calls on stage possibly related to meds in the past. Tom Prince, Paul Dilett, to name a couple off top of my head.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDarren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheGame76 View Post
    Please educate yourself and defend yourself against ignorance. Somebody comes on here posts something like this at least once a week when all they had to do was research and learn the facts instead of just looking at a bodybuilder who died and automatically saying it was due to steroids.
    Fair comment, but I thought this would be a good place to get that education.

I understand that the deaths + illnesses aren't necessarily "directly" linked, but are "related", and also my use of the term "steroids" is probably out of date, as there are so many new "growth enhancing" drugs, that people don't think "roids" only.

But in any case this is the impression I have recieved, that the deaths + ilnesses were BB drug "related". Maybe I am wrong?

TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LUKEDEICHER View Post
    Sikboy was of course right about Mike. There have been some questionable close calls on stage possibly related to meds in the past. Tom Prince, Paul Dilett, to name a couple off top of my head.
    Mohammed Benaziza
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Road back from herniated disc(feb. 10')
    Squat: 465
    Deadlift: 535

********.com/VizionFitness

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Steriod discussions of any form are not allowed in this section.