View Poll Results: Do you shave year round?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I shave everything year round

68 50.37%
  • Yes, but I only shave my arm pits

18 13.33%
  • Yes, but I only shave my chest

22 16.30%
  • Yes, but I only shave my abs

20 14.81%
  • No, I don't shave year round

33 24.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What sucks the most about the shave is that once you did it, letting the hair grow back is a pain. Kept getting stuck in shirt fabric as it came back.
    You can not sculpt a pebble. Eat to grow, then sculpt.

Bodybuilder For Life! Pure-Natural's Avatar
    Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pure-Natural is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's a habit; shave 1X/week entire body not including back. Back is 1X/month.
    "Failure is not an option!"

"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."

"Every aspect of bodybuilding comes from hard work & dedication."

"The moment you stop striving for excellence is when you realize you have lost your momentum."

"This is our time!"

pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pirateman2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here, it's a habit!!! Chest , arms, and abs once a week and back when ever my wife will do it for me.

Insulin is my roid NovaScotiaMuscl's Avatar
    NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NovaScotiaMuscl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply guys...

So, I'm getting the impression that most guys here just shave their pits.

But my original question was, do any of you guys just trim your pits? Am I seeing this in the gym or am I just imagining this?

Registered User chriserin032808's Avatar
    chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chriserin032808 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    another thing is that i tried the nair for men speed hair remover and in 5 min jumped in the shower and boom almost all the hair is gone. touch up with a razor. i shave legs once a week, upper body every other day or so. i might try that venus razor as reccommended above(not gay) my wife swears by it.
    im going from fat to not in a flash so don't blink

Trying not to get older jgwilliams's Avatar
    jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NovaScotiaMuscl View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys...

So, I'm getting the impression that most guys here just shave their pits.

But my original question was, do any of you guys just trim your pits? Am I seeing this in the gym or am I just imagining this?
    I normally shave the pits, but when it starts to grow out trim them with the Norelco Body Groomer for a spell, then shave again, etc. and repeat as necessary.
    Jim

pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jgwilliams View Post
    I normally shave the pits, but when it starts to grow out trim them with the Norelco Body Groomer for a spell, then shave again, etc. and repeat as necessary.
    I didn't use to shave, but a while back, I posted a pict here and one of the comments was that my pits were too hairy. So, since then, I tend to trim my pits down every so often to avoid the bushy look.

jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jgwilliams is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pumpbber View Post
    I didn't use to shave, but a while back, I posted a pict here and one of the comments was that my pits were too hairy. So, since then, I tend to trim my pits down every so often to avoid the bushy look.
    I just think it is much cleaner and fresher to have lots of the body shaved. I'm old and fat as you can tell, but still prefer minimal hair, and prefer a tan when I can.
    Jim

RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000) RobertCheeke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally like the shaved look year round. I just feel better that way....for some reason, it makes me feel like I'm in better shape, feels like my muscles are bigger and feels like I'm leaner.

I'm also just not a fan of body hair.

So, year round shaving for me....aside from legs at time because it is so much work.

pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpbber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, when I started bodybuilding, I shaved everything off since that was what I was seeing at my local gym (pretty serious bodybuilders there). Now that I'm out of that scene (but still lifting at home) I'm starting to find that shaving everything looks a bit much.

So, I stoped bodyshaving altogether (except for my bits).

But now, I've got these big bushy arm pits that look ugly when I pose. Should I trim my arm pits down?

Do any of you guys here just trim down your arm pits instead of shaving them clean?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, when I started bodybuilding, I shaved everything off since that was what I was seeing at my local gym (pretty serious bodybuilders there). Now that I'm out of that scene (but still lifting at home) I'm starting to find that shaving everything looks a bit much.

So, I stoped bodyshaving altogether (except for my bits).

But now, I've got these big bushy arm pits that look ugly when I pose. Should I trim my arm pits down?

Do any of you guys here just trim down your arm pits instead of shaving them clean?
    Seriously, who cares?! try it and if you look better then there is your answer.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    I do so because I like the look, and it takes me 3 or so minutes. I don't have much body hair to begin with.
    ^^^ Agreed!!
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I might just have to start shaving. Every time I practice posing, all that I can see in the mirror are my big hairy arm pits... I should trim those puppies down.

bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjo12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My sister says Waxing is the best method to shave your body because it doesn't allow the hair to grow back as quick as a blade/razor does. What do you guys use?

I often let it grow some in the winter then use a Norelco Body Groomer to get it down low then use a razor in the shower. Never had a problem when it starts to grow back, but mainly my hair is soft - not thick.
    Jim

wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I shave everything year round...personally hate body hair and by keeping it clean shaven my skin just feels better and it doesn't take a lot of time if you keep it that way...shave in the shower every other day...being a person that never had chest or back hair anyway it is not that hard for me...

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I shave it all off except for me arse. Call me a metro or whatever. I like it that way.
    lófasz

JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMikeC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was chatting about this to by lifting buddy who ended-up telling me that he's been shaving his chest and abs for years now. I had no idea. My next step is to start triming my arm pit hair. I personally think that men have body hair, even though I undersand why bodybuilders shave all over for competitions. But right now, evertime I flex in the mirror, all the I see is my big bushy arm pits. So, I'm going to trim them down with clippers just to make them less obvious and bushy.

By the way, any one has any tips on how to use clippers to trim your arm pits?

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just wack on some foam and get it off with a razor. You can trim it with a clipper to make it easier to shave it with a razor later, but it's easier to just get it off with a razor.
    lófasz

rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rippedmass48 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I get everything waxed about every 6-8 weeks year round. I hate body hair and like the smooth look better

Originally Posted by rippedmass48 View Post
    I get everything waxed about every 6-8 weeks year round. I hate body hair and like the smooth look better
    Any of you guys just shave your abs but not your chest?

I've recently started shaving my abs and triming down my arm pits. I haven't touched my chest. Any of you guys do that?

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys,

I was noticing at the gym today that alot of the guys were either shaving or body grooming. I've also noticed the same on most of these forums, that must of the guys shave the chest, abs and/or arm pits.

How many of you guys shave (say arm pits and chest/abs) year round in the off season, not just during competition season?

I started shaving my abs and arm pits this AM. Abs was fine. Arm pits too a hack job to get it all. But now, I feel that I look more like a real bodybuilder. Lets hope that it motivates me to push even harder in the gym.
    Definitely during contest prep, I shave everything. As it gets closer to contest time, having hair over your abs, legs, arms, etc. makes it very hard to judge your physique and make sure you're on track. Also, like you said, it is a nice motivator to see those veins, striations, etc. show up a bit more.

During the off season, I'm undecided. I think I may leave my face alone and continue shaving the arms, arm pits, abs, legs, lower back, etc etc.... I feel like growing facial hair in the off season is extremely B.A. haha!
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=